Discussion Thread: HTML5 Switch

Comments

• This is a nightmare !  I have been using a chrome browser so I thought I should have no problem. A few weeks ago I was unable to get to my account. I have asked for help.  I can sometimes get to my account and see my castle but it disconnects and says my own account belongs to somebody else- I have always had the same name and account.  I have been playing for three years and was on level 70 but I keep ending back at level 1 and the system does not recognize me.  I have changed password and have erased history but with no improvement. 

This is getting ridiculous - after playing the game for years I should not have to start over. 

Mighty Tag
  • blackflames (US1)blackflames (US1) US1 Posts: 169
    This is a nightmare !  I have been using a chrome browser so I thought I should have no problem. A few weeks ago I was unable to get to my account. I have asked for help.  I can sometimes get to my account and see my castle but it disconnects and says my own account belongs to somebody else- I have always had the same name and account.  I have been playing for three years and was on level 70 but I keep ending back at level 1 and the system does not recognize me.  I have changed password and have erased history but with no improvement. 

This is getting ridiculous - after playing the game for years I should not have to start over. 

Mighty Tag
    there is a server select drop down menu in the bottom middle of the screen. It will default to int3, make sure to click it and change to us1. assuming you are us1 given your forum names tag.
    blackflames @ usa 1
  • PomPoko (AU1)PomPoko (AU1) AU1 Posts: 13

I just freaking scrolled through 11 pages of this annoying as forum. WHY DON'T Y'ALL HAVE THREADED COMMENTS??!

I was looking for my comment. I helped out some people who couldn't afford a new computer and told them how they can run Empire. I either couldn't find it or you guys deleted it.

Goodgame Studios knows your main audience are the elderly. You haven't explained enough and without threaded comments, we can't really help others. And to be honest I feel like the only Gen Z person who plays this game but that's more of a personal issue.

In addition to not having threaded comments, replying to people with facts and understanding, you also haven't been developing well. I wonder what that spaghetti code looks like. I and many others appreciate you not giving up on Empire and instead transitioning to HTML5 so we can still play the game.

• This is a nightmare !  I have been using a chrome browser so I thought I should have no problem. A few weeks ago I was unable to get to my account. I have asked for help.  I can sometimes get to my account and see my castle but it disconnects and says my own account belongs to somebody else- I have always had the same name and account.  I have been playing for three years and was on level 70 but I keep ending back at level 1 and the system does not recognize me.  I have changed password and have erased history but with no improvement. 

Mighty Tag
    there is a server select drop down menu in the bottom middle of the screen. It will default to int3, make sure to click it and change to us1. assuming you are us1 given your forum names tag.

I had the same issues...and figured out to be careful to select US1 server fixed the issue... at the drop down box too.

"The Mind is one of the things that go first, and one never remembers what goes next "

~ Lone Oak

• jennyj (AU1)jennyj (AU1) AU1 Posts: 40
    been a bit since i logged in to forum
    GGE know the HTML5 is flawed
    will they fix it is the big question.. and will it be fixed without creating new bugs in the game

as for herveus and blackflames.. since you have stated how easy everything is and how to make lots of money.. maybe you 2 should visit those around the world who have difficulties and help them out seen as you just don't get that some have different circumstances than you do

this thread is now obsolete as GGE should have jumped on these issues when HTML5 was introduced and all the complaints started rolling in
    they know all about it
    let's see if they do something or just don't care that much
    jennyj @ au 1
  • I have discovered a new problem in HTML5. When there are more troops  in the courtyard than show in the first window the arrow to get the rest of the troops in espionage view does not work.

https://prnt.sc/n69fhk

• Slaps93 (US1)Slaps93 (US1) US1 Posts: 68
    Can we please get this working on IOS devices. Game is unplayable away from a computer tbh. Even with puffin
  • Mbuyi (INT1)Mbuyi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1
    guys i am having problems with my laptop. ever since html5, it gets hotter when i log on to the game. its affecting my participation :(. i am no longer as active as a results.

anyone who knows how i can resolve this issue? please help.
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 497
    guys i am having problems with my laptop. ever since html5, it gets hotter when i log on to the game. its affecting my participation :(. i am no longer as active as a results.

Try the Flash version: https://empire.goodgamestudios.com/flash/
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,306
    I have discovered a new problem in HTML5. When there are more troops  in the courtyard than show in the first window the arrow to get the rest of the troops in espionage view does not work.

https://prnt.sc/n69fhk

That is a new feature.  Can now hide your Def Troops from those pesky Spy Reports.  ;)

BACK to the Tavern with you...…...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 297
    world map is still really slow to explore, that is big problem.
  • im using the flash version.

Dont get rid of it.....

• HTML5 will not allow copy and paste I've used Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge to no avail, is there a solution to this problem? Or are we a just grin and bear it bunch?
  • blackflames (US1)blackflames (US1) US1 Posts: 169
    HTML5 will not allow copy and paste I've used Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge to no avail, is there a solution to this problem? Or are we a just grin and bear it bunch?
    you can thank the people that ported the game to html5 for that... to copy and paste on html5 version you currently need to use the keyboard shortcut - ctrl c - then can either use - ctrl v - to paste someplace or right click and paste. this is one of the many problems that need to be fixed and i consider a high priority. high priority to gge on the other hand is different it appears so this will be sitting on the back burner for a while unless mass amounts start complaining and even then its a stretch :(
    blackflames @ usa 1
  • guys i am having problems with my laptop. ever since html5, it gets hotter when i log on to the game. its affecting my participation :(. i am no longer as active as a results.

SAME same problem here ! ugh !!

"The Mind is one of the things that go first, and one never remembers what goes next "

~ Lone Oak

• Believe or not I use a fan pad that keeps my laptop cool when in use. It plugs into USB port
  • HTML5 will not allow copy and paste I've used Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge to no avail, is there a solution to this problem? Or are we a just grin and bear it bunch?
    you can thank the people that ported the game to html5 for that... to copy and paste on html5 version you currently need to use the keyboard shortcut - ctrl c - then can either use - ctrl v - to paste someplace or right click and paste. this is one of the many problems that need to be fixed and i consider a high priority. high priority to gge on the other hand is different it appears so this will be sitting on the back burner for a while unless mass amounts start complaining and even then its a stretch :(
    tried that highlighting the text and using ctrl +C and Ctrl V still not viable

• Flamanar (US1)Flamanar (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    Some blurry graphics (yes, I posted in the other dedicated thread about that, along with pictures and details...hoping I didn't waste my time).  Blocky text (wasn't a problem with the Flash version...now after awhile, it feels like my eyes are going to bleed).  Things out of order (tools, castle order, etc.).  Copy/paste.

Jeez guys.  I thought Beta was 'x' months ago!  This still feels like 'beta'.  Coming from a person who used to beta-test software.  Come on.
  • Herky Jerky is the name of the game now.  Lag time & disappearing cursor makes this game so not fun anymore.  Not to mention that the weekly gift doesn't show amounts.  But the most annoying is how the game locks up when using your forge and you have to reload the game thru all the endless ads.  Geez can we say "JOY".  I need a happy place but this one has been invaded by foul things.
    Love conquers all.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,306
    Herky Jerky is the name of the game now.  Lag time & disappearing cursor makes this game so not fun anymore.  Not to mention that the weekly gift doesn't show amounts.  But the most annoying is how the game locks up when using your forge and you have to reload the game thru all the endless ads.  Geez can we say "JOY".  I need a happy place but this one has been invaded by foul things.
    The forge one drives me nuts as well.  We had a forge Nobility Recently, and usually I will get the normal rewards for it. (Not top 50 or #1, not going to spend THAT much coin for the win)  But, I just COULDN'T do it this last time.  The game locked up, so I gave up.  Probably someone still using Flash won that one.

Love may have met its match in the HTML5 switch...……..
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Sign In to comment.