Ranking E-Newsletter

So thought I'd done pretty well over last month had fun and enjoyed my self with the Kingdoms League really motivating engaging gameplay.  Done the double winning back to back Samurai and Nomads for the first time not the grandslam but good by my standards feeling pretty confident opened my ranking email and pretty much ruined my day lol.  I seriously recommend this is either reworked otherwise players being told how absolutely pathetic their performance is.  I mean they seriously lay it on thick.  I won two of the four Kingdoms League events on my server and finish 37th in Blood Crows or FI and wasn't great in the other one but wasn't awful.  So realistically I did about as well as I could.  I rank 9683.  Bearing in mind I won Samurai event on GB1 I rank 20,690. Take my advice don't open it or if you do open it have a large box of tissues and whatever your go to feel good food is nearby.   

I appreciate I haven't played as much recently but I can't believe how bad I actually am, it's not exactly motivating and I actually think some players reading it are probably going to quit on the spot.  If that is the connection between how hard people try and the end result then the game looks to have really big inequalities and I think maybe I need to listen more closely to what @Phil123 has been  saying about different pricing structures and inequalities in results across servers.  It also sends a pretty clear message to players about the issues around the inequalities between ruby spend and resource players.  I mean I knew GB1 had dumbed down and gone backwards during the CG era compared to UKnighted/TDU/.BSK period but I really had no idea how bad I was relative to other players, I ranked first in an event and I was 20,000 + so what does that say for the rest of my server.  Basically we can't compete.  You have to wonder as to what the strategy is putting this stuff out there.  Part of the reason we compete is because we think we have the chance to win maybe not now but at some point in the future.  I won on GB1 but have to now improve by at least 18,000 players to even be respectable.  Strewth it kinda sucks.  I have to admit to thinking well I can't do much better than this so is there much point continuing.  

I'll be honest it's a really disappointing way of characterising players relative ability there is a lack of context, no explanation of how the figures are arrived at - it doesn't for example tell you the dates covered how many days covered.  

I think GGE need to revisit this.  I opened the mail and thought where's the rest of it.  I was looking for Premiership Football or NFL Next Gen style stats.  I mean ouch.  Thanks for the pep talk GGE.  With friends like you...

Batten @ en 1

Comments

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Basically I'm saying don't open it unless you are on the Russian or German server or you want to feel bad about your self and your relative progress and ability.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,872AU1
    man I wish I could at least compare but I didn't even get the email although I singed up, I was really hoping to get top 1000 somewhere since I set a new personal best in nomads for myself

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    The problem maybe is you can't see the best scores so you don't have a sense of how big the gap is.  And I guess based on Phil's argument you are comparing Apples and pears.  I did rank 124 for nomads but a bit chastening.  It will be interesting to see how some of the bigger US alliances players have ranked.  To be fair there are some great international players it's just a shock after six odd years of hard work your actually going backwards.  I can see the funny side just worried that might lose payers to this.  It is still possible to beat VPN players and the mutli's with chain account play but it is really hard hard yards these days.  What is interesting is there were no small boosts on Sams for me at all yesterday when I was leading just the 180,000 ruby offers which is about £99.00 for me.  So clearly I want to win just not that much so I played without rubies across the day and just held on.  It's been a while since I won Sams so can't remember if this is normally the case or it was new.  But clearly as Phil has pointed out if I'm paying £99 and somebody else is paying £5.00 I'm probably working harder to achieve same result.  Kills is probably most useful stat as far as I can see.  
    Batten @ en 1

Just to give you an idea of what it looks like within the email.  I'm guessing it's okay to share this but I guess if not a moderator will pull it.  Just think maybe it's worth being open and transparent so all players can see how it now in reality works.  
    Batten @ en 1

Just to give players sense of winning scores as I don't think you can see that with either event.  BC / FI are in region of 28-35 million glory I think in GB1 these days.  Worth remembering most of big alliances were at war in EN1 so my scores are probably a bit lower than they may manage normally.  Just might be good to have a bit more of a sense of what actually players are aiming for in terms of investing time and money.  In terms of gap closing interested also to get Fuji's take.  
    Batten @ en 1
    I can tell you even on au1 with 3.8m I finished 3rd in nomads and on de1 with 5m people were top 50, top 100 in fl went ovr a bit over 23m, ussualy you are top 50 with that, fl/bc 1st went over 100m, our first placed fl/bc ended up rank 133 worldwide, and did less then everyone of them top 100 on de1

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    edited 06.02.2019
    That's about what I thought in terms of DE1 and it makes sense you'd be ahead of me in nomads given relative account strengths.  I'm not sure what QIQ or JohnC from Crimson Guard or Mikeshot, Locke  or Phil from Praetorians maybe Jonesydeath or Castle777 from Odins could put up flat out probably closer to your score.  Would depend on durations of boosts and number of chests used.  I can send up to about 30 attacks per wave occassionally 23 comfortably using wooden mantlets but suffer a bit with lag at times and pop ups are more disruptive than they use to be.  Troop numbers don't make that much of a difference if you are boosting and using tablets if you are skips aren't an issue with decent stockpile of tools shouldn't be an issue.  Might be time spent playing explains difference not sute.  I guess it's looking at the marginal gains and for GB1 trying to improve.  Shame those top guys never talk on here anymore BSK were actually much better at that in general.  US guys hopefully will chime in once they posted their hundredth report for this ten minute span from that monster war lol.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 767US1
    To put things in perspective:  Anybody that gets over 10k on nomads/sams(or hits more than say 25 fl/bc a day) on a regular basis needs to get a life and/or a sanity check.

As for the newsletter, like everything else GGE does, it's designed to cater to/rip off the top spenders/players while stoking their egos.  The rest of us are simply playing against the latest shaft that GGE shoves down our throats.  And people wonder why the player base is shrinking.....
    To be fair based on my experience of US Players who were a lot of fun in Outer Realms they did spend an awful lot of time disappearing to fight different wars I think somebody said one guy in their team fought seven over the duration and considered that a light warm up.  You'd expect the level of competitiveness to take US players scores down a bit so if they can fight wars flat out and still post high scores nails a few possibly unfair comparissons.  
    Batten @ en 1
    To be fair based on my experience of US Players who were a lot of fun in Outer Realms they did spend an awful lot of time disappearing to fight different wars I think somebody said one guy in their team fought seven over the duration and considered that a light warm up.  You'd expect the level of competitiveness to take US players scores down a bit so if they can fight wars flat out and still post high scores nails a few possibly unfair comparissons.  
    Rougly 90% of de1 alliances were at war in first half of Janueay so the kingdoms league averaged it out, during me 3.8m run I did 300k without booster and the other 3.5m in 4 hours of 100% rage & medal just with a chain of 13 or more at Khan level 98-99, once you get a big Khan chain setup at 100% you don't need to hit Khan anymore just keep taunting and have enough defenders cost me all of mine and some more xD

To put things in perspective:  Anybody that gets over 10k on nomads/sams(or hits more than say 25 fl/bc a day) on a regular basis needs to get a life and/or a sanity check.

As for the newsletter, like everything else GGE does, it's designed to cater to/rip off the top spenders/players while stoking their egos.  The rest of us are simply playing against the latest shaft that GGE shoves down our throats.  And people wonder why the player base is shrinking.....
    Idk man I get 10k in nomads in under an hour and can bit 25bc/fl in an hour as well 10k sams takes me Idk how long but if I concentrate I'd say also doable in an hour don't see how that is all that difficult for someone with a well developed account, even on my puniy legendary 91 account on de1 I can do all those easily without having spent anything there

• benjames (AU1)benjames (AU1) Posts: 222AU1
    edited 06.02.2019
    I thought the newsletter was great, it gives you an idea of how you compare with everyone else on some of the bigger servers etc.
    Take it with a grain of salt, people spend big on this game so if you don't get the rank you thought you'd get..that's why....

Personally i didn't even think about my rank till i got the email and saw it, personally I dunno how i got such a good rank....but it was just good to see how i compare to others. It's great how it shows the different events etc, troops you killed etc.
    I think it's a nice little thing...if you dont get the rank u want or thought...that's on you not GGE lol...

You can see as well where you didn't do so well, in FC and sams, u got rank 55k, 20k etc....that's what made your rank so low...and it's great that you can see that, so you can do better in those next time if u want a higher rank. 
    Benjames--><--Semajneb

Great Success!

Ah that's the difference then I'm in a smaller alliance we only get the camp to level 90, 91, 92, occassionally level 93 so your getting much bigger attacks which are worth a lot more points presumbaly that makes a lot more sense.  Essentially because I can't raise too high or my guys can't hit it I can't leap that gap.  Hadn't thought of that. 
    Batten @ en 1
    I take your point Ben and after the initial shock wears off you do start to think about how you can improve and where you can change your approach to make the marginal gains.  I think the issue is probably is they don't feel accurate without seeing other players scores they could pretty much make it up randomly and you wouldn't have a clue.  I'm not sure I trust the information being presented as they appear to have cut Samurai off after maybe a few hours in what way is that representative of ability.  It's clumsy at best and inaccurate in terms of a players actual ability what was that score from a day a few hours there is no context.  

I think there are better and fairer ways of rating players like the Kingdoms League approach.  It should show how much you spent and the cost per point to give you a value for money score or number of camps for nomads v number of khan camps.  It could be useful but with frankly the lack of player, BM and CM interaction on the forum and elsewhere it's going to be really hard for players to understand how to improve their rankings.  Herveus or Breor provide better content than GGE to be honest that is of more use from a player perspective.  I just feel maybe the English language players are getting left behind a bit now we just aren't as strong as we used to be.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • benjames (AU1)benjames (AU1) Posts: 222AU1
    I take your point Ben and after the initial shock wears off you do start to think about how you can improve and where you can change your approach to make the marginal gains.  I think the issue is probably is they don't feel accurate without seeing other players scores they could pretty much make it up randomly and you wouldn't have a clue.  I'm not sure I trust the information being presented as they appear to have cut Samurai off after maybe a few hours in what way is that representative of ability.  It's clumsy at best and inaccurate in terms of a players actual ability what was that score from a day a few hours there is no context.  

I think there are better and fairer ways of rating players like the Kingdoms League approach.  It should show how much you spent and the cost per point to give you a value for money score or number of camps for nomads v number of khan camps.  It could be useful but with frankly the lack of player, BM and CM interaction on the forum and elsewhere it's going to be really hard for players to understand how to improve their rankings.  Herveus or Breor provide better content than GGE to be honest that is of more use from a player perspective.  I just feel maybe the English language players are getting left behind a bit now we just aren't as strong as we used to be.  
    I believe it is 100% accurate. GGE will not make something that is made up stats of your performance.
     It says you got 479 in sams for that month. 

That might be the sams that was on the 1st till 4th of Jan, do u recall only getting 479 that event?

Benjames--><--Semajneb

Great Success!

• Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) Posts: 101IN1
    Global rankings are based on might point increase over the course of a single day. Independent of event performance.

Other rankings are based on individual event performance.

Both are completely independent measures.

I believe it is 100% accurate. GGE will not make something that is made up stats of your performance.

That might be the sams that was on the 1st till 4th of Jan, do u recall only getting 479 that event?

I won the Sams event lol.  That's why I think a qualifier might be beneficial.  If I won and scored as you can just about see 952K which admittedly I have done a lot better than does that really rank me at 20,000 +?  That's why I'm suggesting BM's or CM's wake up and provide a bit more information rather than vanishing...

I presume they just took the first few hours or last few hours of a previous event but without a qualifier it is confusing.  Some servers play later in the event to get better boosts other start early.  It would be more useful to see number of camp hits and camps beaten rather than the total score which is always skewed significantly by bought boosts or bought chests in terms of khan.  I'd separate ruby and resource players as well so you are comparing like for like.  You can't reasonably compare a guy spending a couple of thousand on an event with someone spending nothing.  Camp or castle hits gives you volume or quantity of hit I'd then want to see percentage of troops lost which would give you player efficiency or quality of the hitting.  Volume hitting is key to most events greater the volume you can hit the better you do.  From a recruitment perspective it would be useful to be able to ask players to provide that type of information when you were considering them.   

Realistically boosts make any judgement on player ability at best rudimentary and not terribly helpful.  It's just not as useful as it could be.  Statistically compared to what other games give you on your performance it's really weak.  
    Batten @ en 1
    Thinking about it you also don't know if the accounts above you are in alliances who have copped a lot of bans.  You could for example be sat behind shared accounts played by multiple players from one alliance to get the win and realistically whilst you can win against them it's pretty difficult.  So I think this is an oversimplification which doesn't tell the games story in anymore than a 0-5 storybook style.  
    Batten @ en 1

I won the Sams event lol.  That's why I think a qualifier might be beneficial.  If I won and scored as you can just about see 952K which admittedly I have done a lot better than does that really rank me at 20,000 +?  That's why I'm suggesting BM's or CM's wake up and provide a bit more information rather than vanishing...

I presume they just took the first few hours or last few hours of a previous event but without a qualifier it is confusing.  Some servers play later in the event to get better boosts other start early.  It would be more useful to see number of camp hits and camps beaten rather than the total score which is always skewed significantly by bought boosts or bought chests in terms of khan.  I'd separate ruby and resource players as well so you are comparing like for like.  You can't reasonably compare a guy spending a couple of thousand on an event with someone spending nothing.  Camp or castle hits gives you volume or quantity of hit I'd then want to see percentage of troops lost which would give you player efficiency or quality of the hitting.  Volume hitting is key to most events greater the volume you can hit the better you do.  From a recruitment perspective it would be useful to be able to ask players to provide that type of information when you were considering them.   

Realistically boosts make any judgement on player ability at best rudimentary and not terribly helpful.  It's just not as useful as it could be.  Statistically compared to what other games give you on your performance it's really weak.  
    That is the stats for January that sams event you keep talking about was in february so ofc it is not included

I know I was just hoping that they would maybe rethink how useful stats that only pick up a day of competition or a couple of hours actually are.  I would only include complete results otherwise it is misleading.  It is fairly obviously the case but its indicative of a lack of attention to detail in what was advertised as an important development and something we provide personal information to access.  It is in keeping with a lack of clarity across a whole range of communication and in some areas their are simply no responses at all.  It's what I would describe as cold or one way information.  It's an information dump rather than a conversation and I personally miss that engagement from GGE staff or at very least BM's.  It's a shame it's a missed opportunity.  And I'll be honest given the financial effort required to compete I think perhaps there are cheaper ways to spend time.  
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.