We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Garments of the shadow sorcerer - Shapeshifter Castellan

Comments

• antoinecm (FR1)antoinecm (FR1) Posts: 1,684FR1
    @Herveus (AU1) 
    I take into account the fact that there will be no support, because now throwing a six waves on a single player is suicide. Generally this is done during a raid. And a good player manages to defend one side at least...
    I also took into account the best version of the set shown above, but I didn’t have it, I just took a screen that I had at hand to show what kind of set it was. But I took into account of the 125% courtyard.
     Par ici les sous! >:) 
    Serveur discord: https://discord.gg/dbn3rcK
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,775AU1
    @Herveus (AU1) 
    I take into account the fact that there will be no support, because now throwing a six waves on a single player is suicide. Generally this is done during a raid. And a good player manages to defend one side at least...
    I also took into account the best version of the set shown above, but I didn’t have it, I just took a screen that I had at hand to show what kind of set it was. But I took into account of the 125% courtyard.
    A good player has 20-25k deff a castle 6k would be like a good legendary 80

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • antoinecm (FR1)antoinecm (FR1) Posts: 1,684FR1
    edited 25.01.2019
    @ "Herveus (AU1)"
    The problem is that good players are rare and you can have multiple attacks at the same time and therefore not be auto-confine. The hall of legends' bonuses are not counted. So an offensive hall will do more damage to an offensive hall. With 20,000 defencemen, there is a balance of losses with two equivalent game styles. Offensive mode. On the other hand, against a defensive hall, it will be even more complicated to make as many losses on the side of the defenders as on the side of the attackers. But it seems to me that I read somewhere that there should be new levels for the barracks.

Post edited by antoinecm (FR1) on
     Par ici les sous! >:) 
    Serveur discord: https://discord.gg/dbn3rcK
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,775AU1
    @ "Herveus (AU1)"
    Le problème est que les bons joueurs sont rares et que vous pouvez avoir plusieurs attaques en même temps et donc ne pas être autonome. Je ne compte pas les bonus de salle de légende qui s'y trouvent ... Une salle d'attaque fera plus de dégâts dans une salle d'attaque. Avec 20 000 sauvegardes, nous pouvons équilibrer les pertes avec deux styles de jeu équivalents. Par contre, contre un hall défensif, il sera encore plus compliqué de lui faire autant de défaites du côté des défenseurs que du côté des attaquants. Mais il me semble que j'ai lu quelque part qu'il devrait y avoir de nouveaux niveaux pour la caserne ... Voyez à quoi ça ressemble:

well why would I always pvp bad players I wanna go for good players where is the fun in repeadtily beating someone you know sucks ass at the game, do you not want a challenge??? also castellan has over 85 cry cause of the melee etc.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Sir Dexyl (ASIA1)Sir Dexyl (ASIA1) Posts: 13ASIA1
    With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    well some of us have a commander with 160CY and 70flank :) which can get to 160 cy 90 flank in the near future
    would you like to share it with us?? :)
    Crow hero on hi with look 2 ivory pawn 2 level 12 cry gems and on to look level 10 cry gem
    I got same except I use 2 level 13 cry gems 
    Can you tell me how to get 2 Ivory Pawns please?
    you could get a second one a few months ago as rewards for a royal qustline
    Thanks bro :smile:

• Literally take out the ruby version , others are alirght in a way could use some tweaking
  • Stop and think a minute.

Of course this is unbalancing pvp toward the defender. Do you not think there will be an entirely new series of ruby commanders in the near future???? Relic equipment is coming very soon and it is already listed to be very powerful per piece.
    Take the caps off of equipment and gems to let those of us that cant afford the ruby commanders to get inventive again!
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • BM QueenB said:
    Brave Warriors, 

We want to inform you that the Shapeshifter castellan set "Garments of the shadow sorcerer" will finally make a return with our next February Update! 
    Soo, when is this "next february update" due? Any info? 2020? It's thu 7.2. already and no date for the update yet.

-Z
    zeque @ skn 1
  • PVP already is broken with 100k defenders stack with support and only 3.5-4k troops sent.

the only way to win with someone with this casty (ruby version) and some support is a 150/150/150 com which is too op. best thing to do is make a 90 percxent or higher late detect com to make a bit more fair, or make this casty EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE WITH RUBIES

TRY ME. I WILL FIND A WAY TO WIN

• Deth (ASIA1)Deth (ASIA1) Posts: 221ASIA1
    PVP already is broken with 100k defenders stack with support and only 3.5-4k troops sent.

the only way to win with someone with this casty (ruby version) and some support is a 150/150/150 com which is too op. best thing to do is make a 90 percxent or higher late detect com to make a bit more fair, or make this casty EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE WITH RUBIES
    The whales would still buy it. Price really won't make a difference.

I quit the game for two years. Now I'm back on the Asia server.

General for Drunken Fist

Previous accounts 5555s on US1 and Asia1

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,603GB1
    until they stop the cheap ruby accounts  doesnt really matter, thats the most unbalancing element in the game at the moment

Philt123 @ en 1
    They should just standardize prices. Why should a different currency pay less? 

General for Drunken Fist

• Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    They should just standardize prices. Why should a different currency pay less? 
    idealistic but not realistic...its a question of what you can afford eg the Germans can afford to pay more than South Americans..the issue is where Germans, for instance, buy at the SA rate
    Shares @ au 1
    Pick a standard rate halfway between the two.

General for Drunken Fist

the point is any company that has digital media that tries to give regional pricing, has to try and police misuse, compaines that do this block known vpn ips from having access to their sites, from what i have seen GGE are doing almost nothing to stop it, its know about the isse for years and have all but admitted to me that they not gonna stop it and even said they were on top of the problem!!!   which to be honest is misguided arrogance at best, its rife and spreading like the plague.  if you want to come anywhere in an event you either need to re morgae your house or run one of the cheap accounts, if you in a war,  you will be facing literally millions of horrors coming your way for a fraction of the price you pay.

GGE have lost all control over this and for every account they change the currency on there is another 10 take its place, The reality is they are far far to slow to address these accounts.

What i cant understand is its not that difficult to get a list of Known VPN IP adresses, its already against the TOS to use software to obscure where u are playign from, why not just instantly ban any account that acesses the game from a known VPN IP address.   That really would not be all that difficult.  

But GGE know that the only new accounts joining the game these days are cheap ruby accounts, so banning them would mean no new accounts joining the game, the only problem with that is its sticking 2 fingers up at your loyal players that adhere to your rules.    Which is very very bad business,  Unfortunatly GGE have proved time and time again, it is prepared to saccrifice long term revenues for short term profits,  crazy but true, but by the time the idiocy of those decisions come home to roost the senior managemt making them will have made their money and dont care, and it will be the hundreds of poor buggers who are not in that position who will carry the cost losing their jobs just like ti was the last time gge had to bin 500+ people becasue of its crazy decisions.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    What i cant understand is its not that difficult to get a list of Known VPN IP adresses, its already against the TOS to use software to obscure where u are playign from, why not just instantly ban any account that acesses the game from a known VPN IP address.   That really would not be all that difficult.  

NOOOO..   using a vpn for privacy reasons  does not necessarily break that TOS.. for instance you could be in the US and log into a vpn server IN the USA to do your normal browsing including playing this game. 

why not instead insist that the game server be directly linked to how you buy rubies? eg if you play on the BR (or most EURO servers) you pay in Euros...

Shares @ au 1
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) Posts: 1,622INT3

NOOOO..   using a vpn for privacy reasons  does not necessarily break that TOS.. for instance you could be in the US and log into a vpn server IN the USA to do your normal browsing including playing this game. 

why not instead insist that the game server be directly linked to how you buy rubies? eg if you play on the BR (or most EURO servers) you pay in Euros...

How would THAT work on the International servers?

Gold.  of course...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• New catellans, new events,and the point of new events is paying, yep thats right this game is pay to win, the place where are you coming to waste your money not to enjoy your free time, also about alliance tournament from 2018 where was bug in rewards that wasnt fixed for 10 months now but, yeah we need new events , also royal capital many promises but ggs cant do shit but put another ways of spending money, and im sure saying that ggs destroying the game and it will be dead fckin soon...
    What difference would it make what server you are on?  

I am not saying no one from a differnt county can access any particular server. what I am saying is anyone using an IP address of a server that is known to be a VPN IP address would be banned instantly, it wouldnt make any difference what server or country you were accessing from.  Only what IP address you were accessing from.  If you were genuinly from that country, there would be no need to use a VPN to mask your identity.

The only real reason people use VPN's to play this game is so they can buy rubies for a lot less money than they normally could, and to allow them to run multiple accounts.  And to be able to have multiple users share one account.

All of which are the real issues in this game, all the rest of the balance issues are frankly insignificant in comparrison, lets be honest there has been loads of programming time and effort / discussions etc about the strength of the new shapeshifter cast, but when you compare that to the fact players are sending millions of horrors at you from VPN accounts, at a fraction of the price it costs you to play the game, it kinda puts it all into perspective.  If GGE dont sort this issue, then i really dont understand what the point of the these discussions are.  Its like spending all month working out the best way to unblock your sink as its overflowing and starting to flood your kitchen, when the real problem is that the dam wall on the outskirts of your village is about to give way, and that will wash your house away and leave the whole village 30 feet underwater! 

GGE need to solve the big issues first then worry about the fine tuning later, problems shoudl be solved in order of importance / impact on the game, not in order of which is easiest to solve!!!

Philt123 @ en 1
  • What difference would it make what server you are on?  

we have had several players join us admitting they are from bulgaria or other countries and boast that they get 1 million rubies for what we pay for 10k - this is the point - saw your comment on another thread that if rubies bough on uk1 or de1 etc.  the purchase should be in that countries currency - that would prevent a lot of the "cheats" -

As to the castellian  i for one would welcome the courtyard bonus as the commanders seem to be getting silly stats - defenders in the middle ages usually had to be starved out by siege so the defenders always have an advantage !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
Sign In to comment.