We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Garments of the shadow sorcerer - Shapeshifter Castellan

Comments

• With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    well some of us have a commander with 160CY and 70flank :) which can get to 160 cy 90 flank in the near future
    would you like to share it with us?? :)
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,720AU1
    With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    well some of us have a commander with 160CY and 70flank :) which can get to 160 cy 90 flank in the near future
    Crow hero on hi with look 2 ivory pawn 2 level 12 cry gems and on to look level 10 cry gem
    I got same except I use 2 level 13 cry gems 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Deth (ASIA1)Deth (ASIA1) Posts: 221ASIA1
    Please do not add the ruby and insigia versions to the game.

I quit the game for two years. Now I'm back on the Asia server.

General for Drunken Fist

Previous accounts 5555s on US1 and Asia1

• With this new cast being 120/120, 100 CY and 50 wall, it is by far the strongest castellan i have ever seen in the game, even with custom gem combinations you will not reach these numbers, and this is even without a look item, which could make this cast 120 cy or 70 wall, EXCLUDING hall bonuses. This will let someone with 4k sentinels defend a fully fledged ruby hit. This is outrageous. To come even remotely close to defeating this cast we would need commanders with over 160 CY and 90 wall. This is getting so far out of hand it's absolutely insane.
    Crow hero on hi with look 2 ivory pawn 2 level 12 cry gems and on to look level 10 cry gem
    I got same except I use 2 level 13 cry gems 
    holy moly
  • Dang!
    I just said about that yesterday, in the January update discussion.
    This is good except that ruby purchase option,an 'UPPER HAND' for all the ruby whales.
    This Cast set was meant to lessen the gap b/w Ruby players and simple ones but don't know if that'll happen.
    Otherwise good step! 
    AND there is nothing balanced out as well :open_mouth:
    It just got stronger! 

Cost:

Garments of the shadow sorcerer (Charm version): 87000 Charms

Garments of the shadow sorcerer (Insignia version):37000 Insignias

Not to pick nits, but unless I entered some data wrong I get 36K insignia for the Insignia version. That said, I have no confidence in this nitpicking, as I am on the US1 server and got my degree in the humanities.
  • antoinecm (FR1)antoinecm (FR1) Posts: 1,675FR1

For those who prefer stats in a spreadsheet:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/fr/discussion/360475/reintroduction-les-vetements-du-sorcier-de-lombre-baillis-des-metamorphoses

You complain that it is too easy to have this set, but if it had been harder it would have been the same ... All we do is moan.It will still take you at least 117 days to get the weakest... (87500 /150*5 )

For the intermediate version it is 206 days... (36 000/175)

Numbers for an average player who doesn’t pay.

Before these sets was there an effective solution to counter commanders as that of the Shapeshifter?
    There weren’t many for players who don’t pay, and even for those who pay, it was limited...
    You get that when you have support and you don’t know how to defend...

That against the commander below mainly:

For outposts:

And so on

But with these sets to get reasonable losses, it’s complicated...

In order to have reasonable losses, you either have to be connected, or you have to be very supportive, or you have to be in a defensive room.... Or quite at the same time.
    (These fighting relationships are made with a defensive room.)
    These sets serve to rebalance, the imbalance that there is for a long time between small players who do not pay and players who pay. A player who pays can have very good food productions, and so have a lot of defensive soldiers.
    He also has the possibility to be in a good alliance to have support, and can afford very good sets...
    Like that.

These sets are not given for everyone, and even for those who manage to buy these sets, they will have to be mounted with gold...
    And don’t forget that cities should make their comeback, probably with new sets...

Par ici les sous! >:) 
    Serveur discord: https://discord.gg/dbn3rcK
  • The real irony is that the old cast was pulled becasue it was too powerfull, 

The new cast is very nearly as powerfull the only difference is now you have to pay for it!!!

You couldnt write it could you screwing the balance of the game doesnt matter if you pay rubies to do it PMSL

The worst of it is is that the only real players buying this cast will be the cheap ruby accounts that are now domininting and destroying the game.

No one in their right mind these days spends on a full priced account!!!!  

So not only have GGE screwed the balance of the game, they are allowing those who cheat and build their cheap ruby accounts to be the ones to profit from it.

Nice work GGS, screw the balance AND allow the cheats to benefit most from it at the same time, PURE GENIUS.

have you never stopped to try and work out why the vast majority of new accounts are coming from, Argentine, Brazil, Ukraine.  ETC.   And that the old UK Ruby buyers have now stopped buying?    

Come on it aint rocket science.  Its a simple simpel fix that would take abotu 2 seconds for any decent programmer to put a stop to this practice one and for all.  But no, you choose to let the wholesale exploitation of your game instead,   Very soon you will be left with just a handfull of Shells / multis.   And you will be forced to look yourself in the mirror and say yes we did that, we could have stopped it, but we didnt.   Maybe you can appologise to every single one of your employees as you make them redundant.  

But dont ever pretend you didnt know.   This is your game your lack of actions you need to own it.  
    100% agreed

These are the real questions that need to be addressed.

Dont pretend you're trying to bring balance to the game and then present these casts.
    And, players who choose to play on UK1 need to have their shops in £ pounds, or they can f00k off to their own server, if purchase power is an issue.

• The real irony is that the old cast was pulled becasue it was too powerfull, 

The new cast is very nearly as powerfull the only difference is now you have to pay for it!!!

You couldnt write it could you screwing the balance of the game doesnt matter if you pay rubies to do it PMSL

The worst of it is is that the only real players buying this cast will be the cheap ruby accounts that are now domininting and destroying the game.

No one in their right mind these days spends on a full priced account!!!!  

So not only have GGE screwed the balance of the game, they are allowing those who cheat and build their cheap ruby accounts to be the ones to profit from it.

Nice work GGS, screw the balance AND allow the cheats to benefit most from it at the same time, PURE GENIUS.

have you never stopped to try and work out why the vast majority of new accounts are coming from, Argentine, Brazil, Ukraine.  ETC.   And that the old UK Ruby buyers have now stopped buying?    

Come on it aint rocket science.  Its a simple simpel fix that would take abotu 2 seconds for any decent programmer to put a stop to this practice one and for all.  But no, you choose to let the wholesale exploitation of your game instead,   Very soon you will be left with just a handfull of Shells / multis.   And you will be forced to look yourself in the mirror and say yes we did that, we could have stopped it, but we didnt.   Maybe you can appologise to every single one of your employees as you make them redundant.  

But dont ever pretend you didnt know.   This is your game your lack of actions you need to own it.  
    Cant agree more on that!
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,574GB1
    I guess the deafening silence means you are not going to address the issue of  cheap currencies, and cheap currency accounts destroying the game, neither are you going to address the fact you pulled the previous cast for being over powered.  Only to release something almost identical, apart from now its a ruby cast ?   

I guess balance doesnt matter at all as long as as players  pay to be overpowered.   Of course neither does it seem to matter that its going to be bought pretty much only by the cheap currency accounts, of which 90+ % of them are old users that decided to start again so they could play for significantly less.  Unfortunatly non of their old accounts seem to have died!!!   which means all they have really become is another load of shells & Multis.  Just what the game needed, even more shells / multis and cheap currency accounts.   Well done GGE.  You really are excelling yourself.  It takes skill to ignore all the really serious issues with the game and plough on regardless with the trivial updates.   But you somehow manage to do it time after time, 
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • simple solution - if gge don't stop the cheats in currency accounting then maybe someone needs to set out the pathway on how to do it. Then we can all play by the same rules and buy our rubies at rock bottom prices. Mexican pesos or Brazilian rials anyone
  • salty bois cause they broke bois
    KNOMED 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,119GB1
    I'm not sure I totally understand where you are coming from on this and might be worth a bit of a clarification?  

Firstly players have, due to development upgrades in terms of the Greenhouse, Granaries, Craft items, increased PO values and fusion, significantly increased their troop levels and are further with the ease of purchase of food and troops extend for probably between 6-12 hours at a time if not longer the level of troops they hold to create a ten to one or twenty to one disparity.  This can be extended by the use of event troops 1250 tokens equates to about 250 troops in nomads and with boosters and saving tokens up troop levels can be horrendous.  Now you add in my reading of an update that said we would be given an additional compliment of commanders and an extended ability to employ stronger commander equipment. 

In the face of all that players want the strength of castellans, which if you read from this forum the quantity of attacks sent in the first three to four waves of a war in US server for example, to stand still relative to commanders.   The problem designers would appear to have is that if they don't give us stronger castellan then the war element of the game continues to deteriorate.  Essentially most players just shut up shop in the face of excessive levels of bought troops.  Winning a war by buying a massive amount more troops isn't really much of a contest.  If a stronger castellan extends wars or gives players more chance to defend then I personally would be in favour of it.  Attackers shouldn't in my view in a war be able to take 95% of castles in the first wave.  Majority of wars are currently decided in the first wave by a surprise attack on inactive players rather than beating an active alliance and buy the fact one alliance has greater spending power than the other so the defending alliance elects not to fight rather than face financial ruin trying to keep up.  

In terms of PVP provided the castellan is limited in number like the Son of the Eagle Castellan to one buy then you can't cover all castles and it leaves six castles still which can be attacked with less difficulty.  The problem would be if ruby players could buy seven castellans and lock their castles up.  Being able to gain Insignia or the other version would take a lot longer so game will evolve and problem won't be an issue immediately.  We don't actually have this information and reasonable we should be asking BM's to get that information before we make a judgement.   At this stage it is hard to tell.  I still feel bought troops in wars are much bigger issue and I think extended number of commanders without a lot of testing of impact on balance are a greater threat.  

In terms of  "Cheap ruby accounts" I would like more information about what these accounts are, who is running them and what the advantage players are gaining from them.  I presume this is some new form of cheating that has evolved out of GGE gradually shutting down the use of bots.  

I enjoyed playing with players from Brazil in Outer Realms they were excellent and technically pretty gifted.  They didn't appear to have any genuine benefit that they didn't earn in game during the event.  I not sure about Argentina or Ukraine though as they weren't represented in the alliances I played in or against.  I'm personally of the view that a broader playing base with more people across the world and being part of the community is a good thing.  I also don't see a huge issue with cost for new servers being cheaper initially to help them more quickly get to the level of established servers that they then need to compete against in events like the Kingdoms League, the Outer Realms or Fury's Blade style events as a bad thing.  It seems a reasonable step to allow them a fairer chance at being successful.  I think there is a discussion around at what point those costs are adjusted to ensure the balance doesn't swing to far in their favour though.  

I was unclear exactly what the disadvantage is that I as a GB1 player am suffering based on responses above?  I am competitive in most of the international events so not sure why the GB players commenting who have more developed accounts in stronger accounts feel they can't be?  Clearly constantly having players banned for botting and other rule breaches is unhelpful in performance terms and perhaps from a GB perspective our top alliances maybe need to consider whether their current approach to development of players is the best approach to being competitive internationally.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,720AU1
    I'm not sure I totally understand where you are coming from on this and might be worth a bit of a clarification?  

Firstly players have, due to development upgrades in terms of the Greenhouse, Granaries, Craft items, increased PO values and fusion, significantly increased their troop levels and are further with the ease of purchase of food and troops extend for probably between 6-12 hours at a time if not longer the level of troops they hold to create a ten to one or twenty to one disparity.  This can be extended by the use of event troops 1250 tokens equates to about 250 troops in nomads and with boosters and saving tokens up troop levels can be horrendous.  Now you add in my reading of an update that said we would be given an additional compliment of commanders and an extended ability to employ stronger commander equipment. 

In the face of all that players want the strength of castellans, which if you read from this forum the quantity of attacks sent in the first three to four waves of a war in US server for example, to stand still relative to commanders.   The problem designers would appear to have is that if they don't give us stronger castellan then the war element of the game continues to deteriorate.  Essentially most players just shut up shop in the face of excessive levels of bought troops.  Winning a war by buying a massive amount more troops isn't really much of a contest.  If a stronger castellan extends wars or gives players more chance to defend then I personally would be in favour of it.  Attackers shouldn't in my view in a war be able to take 95% of castles in the first wave.  Majority of wars are currently decided in the first wave by a surprise attack on inactive players rather than beating an active alliance and buy the fact one alliance has greater spending power than the other so the defending alliance elects not to fight rather than face financial ruin trying to keep up.  

In terms of PVP provided the castellan is limited in number like the Son of the Eagle Castellan to one buy then you can't cover all castles and it leaves six castles still which can be attacked with less difficulty.  The problem would be if ruby players could buy seven castellans and lock their castles up.  Being able to gain Insignia or the other version would take a lot longer so game will evolve and problem won't be an issue immediately.  We don't actually have this information and reasonable we should be asking BM's to get that information before we make a judgement.   At this stage it is hard to tell.  I still feel bought troops in wars are much bigger issue and I think extended number of commanders without a lot of testing of impact on balance are a greater threat.  

In terms of  "Cheap ruby accounts" I would like more information about what these accounts are, who is running them and what the advantage players are gaining from them.  I presume this is some new form of cheating that has evolved out of GGE gradually shutting down the use of bots.  

I enjoyed playing with players from Brazil in Outer Realms they were excellent and technically pretty gifted.  They didn't appear to have any genuine benefit that they didn't earn in game during the event.  I not sure about Argentina or Ukraine though as they weren't represented in the alliances I played in or against.  I'm personally of the view that a broader playing base with more people across the world and being part of the community is a good thing.  I also don't see a huge issue with cost for new servers being cheaper initially to help them more quickly get to the level of established servers that they then need to compete against in events like the Kingdoms League, the Outer Realms or Fury's Blade style events as a bad thing.  It seems a reasonable step to allow them a fairer chance at being successful.  I think there is a discussion around at what point those costs are adjusted to ensure the balance doesn't swing to far in their favour though.  

I was unclear exactly what the disadvantage is that I as a GB1 player am suffering based on responses above?  I am competitive in most of the international events so not sure why the GB players commenting who have more developed accounts in stronger accounts feel they can't be?  Clearly constantly having players banned for botting and other rule breaches is unhelpful in performance terms and perhaps from a GB perspective our top alliances maybe need to consider whether their current approach to development of players is the best approach to being competitive internationally.  
    1. you can buy an endless amount of the son of the eagle castellan
    2. against inactive players you can take it out in the first wave but active players like me for example who have all the food production and stuff can hold 20k+ deffenders a castle nobody takes that out in the first wave
    3. What this castellans does it stop casual high level pvp, even with a highlander with highlander hero 2 level 13 flank gems and 2 ivory pawn gems and veteran demons and look I won't win the wall vs the ruby version with look, and against the isignia version it is also cutting it close and even if I win flank I get destroyed in the courtyard
    4. The cheap ruby accounts means you use a vpn to pretend to be from another country and then you get rubys for 1/5th the price of even cheaper, has been done for years, ofc forbidden by ToS tho
    3.3.6Goodgame Studios' websites may not be used via an anonymization service that hides the user's true IP address.
    5. Hence the suggestions on uk server everyone has to pay in Pounds etc. fixes that issue, for me that'd be even cheaper rubies on aus1 then and players who want to get rubies cheaper simply play on barazil1 or so and then there and everyhwere else everyone has the same conditions
    6. The disadvantage is ofc that they get rubies cheaper best country I could find would mean instead of spending 100€ I'd be spending 17€ and get the same amount ingame, I think you can see yourself why this is unfair

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 307GB1
    Perhaps spelling it out as simply as that might actually help GGS "get it".... but I doubt it :(

• Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,574GB1
    edited 22.01.2019
    As has been previously said Batten, have you not noticed the latest batch of big spending new players on the UK server, you know the ones winning all the top titles, invincible etc.  You know the accounts out there that go from new to level 800 in a couple of weeks and have maxed out everything.   And are doing hundreds of levels overnight.  There are literally loads of them now on the UK server.

Do you think they are buying rubies in GBP ?   I would like to bet my house on the fact these new super accounts are buying in a currency where by rubies are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than you or I can buy them in in GBP.  

Please dont misunderstand me, these are not brazilian or argantinian, or Turkish, etc etc players.   These are UK players that use a bit of software to fool GGE where they are based.

So when you buy your boost for nomads etc.  you might pay £50 for 4 hours, and 1 lot of chests, they pay £50 and get 4 lots of chests!!!   

So really if you are competing against them in any sort of competition you have zero chance of competing as they are going to get a hell of a lot more for their money than you do!!  And for all you know the guy spending 5 times less could live next door to you!!!  It really has nothing to do with where you are physically located,  as the software can make it look as though you are "sat" in any country in the world!

GGE know this and have known it has been happeneing for many years.  They dont seem to care the massive imbalance its causing.

In terms of the world event where you all play on one server, I believe that GGE corrected this so that rubies were all the same price for everyone, or pretty much the same price for everyone.  I cant verify this but its what i have been told.  

So they can correct the issue for a once in a while event but are happy to allow players to cheat day in day out.

Oh Plus all these new accounts are not new players to the server, they are simply old players that have stopped buying rubies on their old accounts and set up a new cheap currency account and are playing on that instead for a lot less than they used to pay on their origional account.  Plus these old accounts never die so are used as defensive shells or the like.  So it causes a double problem!

Its even got to the point where accounts can be built that quickly and easily and cheaply, that they have become disposable.  Ie buy as many cheap rubies bot as many tokens as you possibly can, for as many months as you can get away with it for, and when your account is eventually banned just ditch the account and start on a new one, and do it all over again.  

The big problem with this is that the banning of accounts no longer becomes a deterant for the cheats,  I am sure you have noticed but there have recently been at least 3 accounts banned in the UK largest Alliance including the leader, and a deputy.  2 were metro holders.  

Do you think this has stopped the players playing?  or do you think they simply slid into their new ready made cheap ruby accounts and business as usual ?

In fact I will go further than that, I have seen a PM from the leader of this alliance saying the account was banned because the player running it claimed all the cash he spent on it back via his bank.  So not only did he get to play for months for "free"  gaining millions of "free" troops which he used against regular rule abiding players, he is laughing about the fact.  And all that happened was that the account got banned, non of the players effected by these actions were re-imbursed.   And what happened to the player ?  He is simply doing it all over again as we speak.  And no doubt in a month or 2 he will just re claim all the money back, all over again, meaning that he has effectivly played for free again, using his millions of "free" troops against the same innocent players all over again.

I hope GGE are going to refund all the players effected this time as once you can forgive as a mistake but twice would be sheer negligance.

Post edited by Philt123 (GB1) on
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • still way too op needs to be way way nerfed or give all commanders a major buff

TFT Reborn! 
    Member of USA1 for 5 years!
    King clone
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,119GB1
    Thanks Phil and Herveus for the explanations and the patience. So I can see pretty clearly that I was wrong on a number of counts.  

I think at this stage it would really help to have some more input from the BM's on both the VPN Scandal and the Castellan concerns.  

I don't really do PVP as you can't have any degree of confidence that you are hitting is a genuine account rather than a network of accounts thus incurring disproportionate response and trust between players on GB1 is probably at an all time low - maybe there could be an achievement added for that.  But if all the best PVP players think this castellan is too strong and GGE pulled it initially because it was too strong I guess as Herveus has highlighted for us we have an significant problem.  I'd like to know from BM's and CM's how many we can have and whether a stronger comm is in the works linked to this Cast.  

I would like the BM's specifically to ask for a statement from CM's and BugWatch teams and GGE management on the concerns around what is effectively fraud being perpetrated against the company through the use misuse of VPN's.  Can you clarify what the rules are, what is acceptable what is unacceptable and can this be communicated via an ingame message as a reminder clarification.  Clearly this has financial implications for the long term sustainability of the game and it isn't great to know I'm potentially competing against accounts that can spend a small fraction of what I've spent to outperform me to a level I essentially can't match within game constraints.  I was third coming in to last few hours of nomads this round I worked hard to achieve that result and you presume you are simply beaten by better players but this type of thing creates distrust and a lack of confidence in the result.  I have my own targets so don't pay that much attention to what others are doing since you can't judge their scores but clearly other players clearly now are convinced they can't win and aren't trying which explains the fall off in performance of GB server as a whole.   It's just a sad situation.  Hopefully GGE can offer some positive news on this front?
    Batten @ en 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 480US1
    I wouldn't hold my breath in the hope that GGE ever does anything about multi-accounting, VPN surfing, or game balance.  No thought given to long term viability or realistic ruby buyers,  All they care about is today's ruby purchases by the poor addicted whales being maximized.
  • I heard that when people set up these vpn proxies based on cheap currencies, they just chargeback all the money on paypal when they get banned. 

So essentially, these proxy ruby whale accounts are free, you just have to put down a big deposit with Paypal

its really no surprise the UK server is dying with these accounts and the creep in power of castellans. Im just glad i didnt buy that eagle set last month
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
Sign In to comment.