Exchangeable rubies

In any true market place everything can be exchanged, but we can't use gold or other resources to buy rubies. I understand the marketing tactics of selling rubies for real money though :) Truthfully it would be nice if we could use other means of exchange for them.

Comments

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,513
    Introducing more ways to obtain rubies is only going to inflate the game economy. 
    If you want free rubies, farm fortresses and NPC towers. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• What is the game economy if it is false? In the real world I would be able to use any of my resources to buy and trade with anyone willing to accept what I have to trade. Now of course this is a game and not real world anyway, but wouldn't it be nice if it were more true to life? It would also create better interaction and assistance between players. Why not give it temporary trial on something like the Outer Realms?
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 290
    edited 10.01.2019
    I use coins to buy soldiers, who die taking  towers that pay me rubies...... I use the stone and wood to build the barracks and the food to feed them... all needed to generate rubies.....   Implicit in this is an exchange rate to rubies for each......

Sounds to me pretty much like a "real world" where you'd have multiple armies of people dying every day :)   I don't think  fat cat leeches would last very in that world...ergo, no stock exchanges, no lawyers etc etc.

On that basis I can see their marketplace might function a little differently to ours....
  • In the real world if I handed someone enough gold, I am sure they would sell me their rubies regardless of the times. Rubies being the premium not only in value, weight and size they could be used as a faster means of transport. In other words if I wanted to move barrows of wood somewhere, I could instead sell wood for rubies and use the rubies to buy wood on the other side of the world. I don't need to carry the wood all the way to Africa, I only need a pocket full of rubies and a horse instead of barrows with a team of mules. Of course the exchange would cost something as it always does.

Please don't think I am trying to argue my way in or out of this. I am only pointing out real world concept.
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,513
    edited 10.01.2019
    The developers wants people to buy rubies using real money. Because more ruby purchases means more profit for the company. 

Therefore, introducing more ways to obtain rubies for free won't be beneficial for them, because if it becomes way too easy to obtain rubies, people will then be less eager to buy them using real money, meaning in a loss of profit for the company.

If they would of introduce something like this anyways, then the exchange rates would be quite high. 
    Don't expect to be able to make any good profits from a feature like this. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Indeed and I hinted at that :), but I believe it would actually increase purchase of rubies because they could be exchanged with a high rate as you said, but they would have more intrinsic value. I would imagine they could also introduce real money prizes and that would solve most all financial issues if they could legally do so.

The ruby idea would need to be tested. I would not say that I am correct. I could be entirely wrong. Hence the Outer Realms... might be good testing ground.
    edited 10.01.2019
    I....... only need a pocket full of rubies and a horse instead of barrows with a team of mules. Of course the exchange would cost something as it always does.

Please don't think I am trying to argue my way in or out of this. I am only pointing out real world concept.
    Lol - that's in our developed world where I don't go around and burn down next door every 5 days :)

in same spirit: this developed market place and percentage men don't exist in the gge world.... and if you hadn't noticed, even though they exist in the real one, someone still has to haul all those coals to Newcastle....

So, as the mechanisms already exist to turn other resources into rubies and to turn them back into other resources.... can we get the developers to concentrate on fixing bugs, HTML5 and improving gameplay RATHER than sdivert them on things we can already do?

• Improved gameplay is the point. Like I said, I don't know if it would work, but it could be tested on an exclusive game even being on an exclusive server, maybe even a paid for game with real money prizes. Then there is a real reason for playing other than just passing some and learning very little. If it were more true to life, at least then there is some education behind it. Maybe it wouldn't work much like real life. People would get greedy and begin burning their neighbors villages every 5 days :) , but that could be resolved by flooding the world periodically until people decided to smarten up and begin building something a bit more creative :) I don't know. Just thoughts. I am one for giving it a try. I would even be willing to pay out some of my hard earned real dollars for an experiment.... I think it'd be quite fun.
  • I should add that all input is valuable, but they are only ideas until tried :)
    Lol --- everyone know that in real life you don't go burning your neighbors unless you got ***reasons*** :)

I'm not dissing the thought - just feeding back why I think its not going to get beyond that stage : If you want to pay out...isn't it easier to just buy the rubys ? already possible in this game thanks to GGS foresight :)

I think the general gge move to limit and/or remove ways to obtain rubies, other than hard cash to them, would suggest that blue sky thinking like this is unlikely to be even tested in this game.

You sure you don't want to pitch an alternative game "I died of boredom working as a stockbroker" :  its surely an idea :)
  • All input is valuable. I would just try and make it more true to life with something valuable to learn, but that is me.
    Agreed :)

BTW - you do know you can buy res with rubies, anywhere you want.... all thoughtfully provided by GGE
    Being a game (and a business...), of course, its all stacked in favour of those controlling ruby distribution.... like nothing ever like that happens in our real world :)

• It is called the Golden Rule. Whoever owns the gold makes the rules. In this case rubies.

I have also noticed that it is very disproportionate ie. It takes a lot of rubies to buy a few res. If they reverse the purchases maybe even more so!
    Yep, agree with all you say...

Only way I see we can benefit is encourage roll-out of new and/or improved game-play without ever mentioning rubies in the hope they'll overlook something that will give back a little more of the ruby income.

Perhaps best to see rubies not so much  as a real world analogue to "gold" but. more like "token redeemable at the company store"

For me the biggest in-game racket is the wagon drivers union : Insist on only going one way with a load....always returning empty!!!
Sign In to comment.