We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Private Resource Villages

Comments

• Imagine having no rv wars, no noobs stealing rv’s.. no having to count all your rv’s and during rv wars trying to reclaim them...

gge gonna ruin this game, it’s just another money grab.
    King The Torrent The Furious, 448k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • Lemmy (INT2)Lemmy (INT2) Posts: 21INT2
    Rv's are totally over-rated to begin with IMO....  Get off yer high horse and LOOT.
    Lemmy -  International 2
  • Imagine having no rv wars, no noobs stealing rv’s.. no having to count all your rv’s and during rv wars trying to reclaim them...

That's not true, you only get to have 5 of each (food/wood/stone) private rv in ice out of 15 and 10 in fire/sands out of 30,
    people will still be able to capture 20 food rvs in fire/sand and 10 of them in ice

The Devil
  • Rv's are totally over-rated to begin with IMO....  Get off yer high horse and LOOT.
    This
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,825AU1
    Rv's are totally over-rated to begin with IMO....  Get off yer high horse and LOOT.
    This
    oh yes the roughly 15k food /h more from them I like them I will keep them and also loot 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Haven't even seen any of the private villages anywhere so how our we suppose to get them ? And our they just in ice, sands and fire or green also?
    SexyTam @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 14.12.2018
    Edit: Thanks, @Wiglema (NL1) for helping me find a way to get the private rvs. I did not know how to get them until now after looking under the Resource Villages slot. I was going to say that it is not worth spending rubies on tokens until the private rvs show up in private offers, Shogun camp, and/or Nomad camp, but that was because I was unaware of another way to get them. However, the simple fact that it can cost a lot of rubies to get them means a lot of players and especially the non ruby buyers may not necessarily own them and I bet a lot of people still do not know how as of yet to find them yet.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 468NL1
    Imagine having no rv wars, no noobs stealing rv’s.. no having to count all your rv’s and during rv wars trying to reclaim them...

That's not true, you only get to have 5 of each (food/wood/stone) private rv in ice out of 15 and 10 in fire/sands out of 30,
    people will still be able to capture 20 food rvs in fire/sand and 10 of them in ice
    Let me correct the numbers for you:

you get to have 5 of each (food/wood/stone) private rv in ice out of 5 of each and 10 in fire/sands out of 10,
    people will still be able to capture 0 food rvs in fire/sand and 0 of them in ice
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) Posts: 468NL1
    Haven't even seen any of the private villages anywhere so how our we suppose to get them ? And our they just in ice, sands and fire or green also?
    You can find them in your village overview in ice, sands and fire. They will not appear on the map, but only in your overview list. They cost coins that you will be able to buy for tabs or tokens in the nomads and samourai shops or for rubies at the armourer's. You can't station any troops in your private villages, but you also don't need to defend them.

Wiglema (NL1)

u woot mate?

do u even read the official announcement on Private RV?

do u even math?
  • Hi Every1,

hows u

Has any1 actually seen or got one of these pRVs ? It does seem rather silly to develop yet another form of currency to then use to purchase these pRVs.
    Why not have the pRVs work similar to the aqua isles in SI. Have a set amount of pRVs pop up every month, then it is whoever first gets there gets the pRV.
    That's the whole fun part of RVs is the battle/capture functionality.

xoxoxo Nix xoxoxo
    PowerfullyNix @ au 1
  • Offensive to market a handle of #ShrinktheRubyGap whilst simultaneously growing it through asking players to pay more to achieve something they could previously gain for free.  It's like a parallel dimension at times recently and Fuji complicitly and blindly posting this stuff without analysis or comment is perhaps the most bizarre aspect.  

This was first marketed as a weaker villages which helped players without RV's to bridge towards being strong enough to access RV's.  One player queries the length of development time for this feature and suddenly we have marketed and rushed out a ruby option to buy - I'll repeat that in case you missed it buy instantly for rubies villages - and if if course you can't do that you can pay to compete in nomads and samurai to gain tokens to pay for something that you previously had to graft, practice and compete through conflict to game.  I can see why people feel it is no longer a war game and US server might actually have a point they may actually be the only server left playing the game as originally conceived in the true spirit.  

It fails to recognise the work stronger players put in to work out strategies for taking RV's and that many of us for years have shared our full compliments of RV's with developing players as an alliance resource to help them develop.  

The basic problem is that RV's are held by retired accounts, multiple accounts and shared accounts owned or run by top alliances and had that problem been addressed this whole doubtless expensive development would be unnecessary.  Lets be clear there are less individual active accounts than there are resource villages at this point and if you removed inactive or illegal - under GGE rules - this simply would not be an issue. 

This development disrespects the efforts of players to gain RV's - yes we actually gained them back in the day - through actual gameplay.  I've never been the strongest player on my server or played in the strongest alliances I've lost my RV's twice and fought to regain them I wasn't given them but that is the game there has to be some risk for their to be reward.  RV's in Outer Realm provided the chance to dust off the RV strategies and relive one of the most frustrating and exciting aspects of the game.  This is just a gutless cop out that in classic GGE style as it swerve's actually dealing with rule breaches but instead yet again rewards it.  What it does is remove one of the few advantages older players outside of top alliances actually had allowing Ruby players to instantly outstrip us. What will happen is they will buy immediately Villages which gives an advantage whilst less developed players work over a much longer period of time to obtain them.  GGE will then as they always do up the level of the villages and the percentage bonuses for production which again are immediately bought by ruby players and slowly earnt by resource players.  So the gap will actually be wider for longer than it currently is.  Unless there is some evidence from test server to disprove this of course.  Villages have moved from being a strategic asset to a commodity and the game is poorer for it.  

The development does absolutely nothing to address the food gap / army size gap when top players can simply buy enough troops through offers to make conflicts pretty much redundant.  A troop limit in wars is a far more effective step to make the game fairer.  One guy have 500,000 troops hitting a player with 50,000 is never a contest.  GGE have allowed a situation to arise where you have one or two alliances that wins everything so consequently have a massive PO advantage individually and collectively that can't be bridged as even if you can beat them occasionally in the long term they have maybe five times the level of troops of talented players outside of their alliances.  The gap is bigger than it's every been.  Implying it's closing whilst deliberately widening it is disingenuous.  

From a war marshalls perspective RV's were initially a vulnerability to be exploited to reduce food production.  Taking them was a strategic advantage.  Attacking from them allowed positional disadvantages to be addressed.  Defending them allowed armies to be reduced.  Troops could be stored in them could be kept safe. The update doesn't tell us if we can store troops in them attack from them but my feeling is neither will be possible encouraging the keeping of troops at labs, monuments and the castle of players in "protection" that every alliance now seems to have as standard.   Development made a key game resource and source of conflict irrelevant.  

If you want to address the gap close inactive accounts, punish players who break the rules in a meaningful way, uphold your own rules and stop punishing long term loyal customers for being long term loyal customers.  

At this point the game which used to be like playing chess against better players is more like playing a move against an empty chair.  If you hit an active player it's pure chance.  #Solitaire is the only game in town.  

Seriously we aren't mugs show us more respect!!!
    How to get village tokens in the everwinter
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) Posts: 314GB1
    edited 16.12.2018
    Batten (GB1) said:
    It's like a parallel dimension at times recently and Fuji complicitly and blindly posting this stuff without analysis or comment is perhaps the most bizarre aspect.  
    Seriously we aren't mugs show us more respect!!!
    Disagreeing totally with Batten's point above as i'm sure fujiwara is fulfilling his role to the utmost and feeding back our ire and we all give him due respect for that.

However Batten's very valid is the point  of the curious dichotomy between the alliances who tie up large numbers of RV's and just pass them around internally and, as he describes it : "The basic problem is that RV's are held by retired accounts, multiple accounts and shared accounts owned or run by top alliances and had that problem been addressed this whole doubtless expensive development would be unnecessary."

Yes, the current solution IS very much a human caused problem caused by a relatively small number of individuals but we can't really blame gge for that (or I suppose human nature in trying to exploit the environment....) However the outcome is deplorable and to the casual newbie (and others) some/most RV activity looks and quacks like ToS violation & certainly seems to be discouraging newbies from GB1 - so this HAS to change.

To the outsider the actions of most larger alliances on GB1 around RV's is very frustrating - yes, should be lots of available RV's but seems most junior players will occupy a vacant RV only to have a top 5 move in and take it back - often with no warning ... to which, if any, a reply when challenged will be some variant of "was mine and dropped by war/accident/starvation(!)"

Difficult to disrupt the ToS breakers advantage without seriously changing the current RV structure....  so question is - how much do we all want the ToS breakers stopped?

Something Fuji and many others has been very vocal about!
  • I love the idea of private RV's, but they just make the game more challenging, and not for the better. Also, village tokens. How do you get them anyway?
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,672
    I assume the new Rv's add to the achievments ?  If they dont please fix.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • I can't accurately display how stupid every single employee of GGE must be to think the last 6 months worth of updates have been good for the game, so here's a graph:

• Can anyone confirm if you can upgrade private rv's after you buy them.  I.e. can you buy a level 1 and upgrade to level 2, etc.  Or are you stuck with what you buy?
    GoldenHolden @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 18.12.2018
    Can anyone confirm if you can upgrade private rv's after you buy them.  I.e. can you buy a level 1 and upgrade to level 2, etc.  Or are you stuck with what you buy?
    My best guess, but don't take my word for it since I have never bought a private rv before is that you buy a private rv at a certain level and upgrade it until it reaches level 15 or wait until you have saved enough tokens to get the 100 tokens for maximum level private rv. Another theory is get a lower level private rv, but abandon it perhaps after you have saved enough tokens to get a maximum level private rv. If I remember correctly there is an option to abandon private rvs as well if that private rv is no longer needed.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Anyone know where you buy the private rv?
    Is this just unlocked when you buy the tokens?
    I can see where to buy the tokens but not the actual village.
  • Hey everyone,

So, in an effort to address the fact that so many people have no resource villages (particularly in sand and fire) as they all tend to be collected in the big alliances, there is a proposed solution to make things fairer for all. Private resource villages will soon be a thing, giving everyone a chance to have a full stack of food villages in each kingdom. The top levels for a village are very slightly better than a standard village, which means that the bigger players will slowly start replacing theirs, meaning the standard ones get distributed towards those otherwise less fortunate -- and of course you can choose to pick up your own villages instead of waiting as well. #shrinkTheRubyGap

All thoughts and feedback appreciated as always :)

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
    Why doesn't GGS just decrease the RV limit and increase the impact RVs have on production? This would create a lot more free RVs for smaller players to take, and would not impact the resource production of any larger players. This would solve the problem without taking away a feature from wars. I may be alone on this, but I enjoy RV wars. 
    I like to fight things.
Sign In to comment.