Discussion Thread: Private Resource Villages

Comments

•     I do NOT like this new idea worth a hoot!! GGE has again tried to turn this into them making money off of the players! This will again favorite the very large alliances and all of their ruby buyers. What will happen it that the big ruby whales will buy up all of the ruby RVs that they are allowed and give the regular rvs  to the lower level members of their alliance     Again the regular player who got their rvs the old way will be left out in the cold without any new rvs and the huge alliances will keep getting their rvs just to force them to join or bow to the huge alliances.

• ndd (US1)ndd (US1) Posts: 13
    I like the way you guys are thinking but why stop at private RVs?? We need private OPs that can't be hit as well. Also give them base 10k food production and make regular OPs obsolete. 

Great Idea GGS!!!

But seriously. Retain some bonus for people that have to compete for RVs vs giving them to everyone which essentially takes them out of the game.
  • edited 25.11.2018
    It totally is a good idea!
    But again what will be the price of  each village?
    Like how many Samurai tokens/Nomad tablets/Rubies?
    If we discard a village will we get some % of amount we paid back?

I would be happy to get an answer of all the questions :D 

Proud General Of Drunken Fist 
    Current level: 70 L.L 258 (16-2-19) 
    Base PP: 700K+ 

Non-Ruby Player 
    That's all... ;)

https://prnt.sc/ij4z4u
    https://prnt.sc/ij4zc1

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,102GB1
    The food point is a good one effectively the emphasis on developing the game to give players more troops is disproportionately dominant and strategically disastrous from a pvp context.  Simply put the more troops you have the more successful you are in events in war and in general.  In the past the level of troops was mitigated by recruitment speed, recruitment volume and the amount of food you could hold.  Now players can buy unlimited troop numbers with an attached glut of food.  This requires no strategy and no ability it’s simply a brute force approach that overwhelms even the best opponents.  Effectively a few food rvs will make absolutely no difference against a bought force 50 times your own when that top player has all the same advantages you do.  RVs are an absolute irrelevance in the game unless GGE do the right thing and limit troop purchases.  That is how you close the gap not continuously increasing food and P.O. at a pace that exceeds an average players development.  That’s why individual players can take out whole alliances.  Any small alliance player recreates 300 anytime they step out to do pvp or declare.  Take out P.O. prizes take out equipment prizes stop troop offers and refocus on recruitment and other game aspects otherwise no war no battle is winnable

Batten @ en 1
  • ndd (US1) said:
    I like the way you guys are thinking but why stop at private RVs?? We need private OPs that can't be hit as well. Also give them base 10k food production and make regular OPs obsolete. 

Great Idea GGS!!!

But seriously. Retain some bonus for people that have to compete for RVs vs giving them to everyone which essentially takes them out of the game.

This update is just going to destroy an another strategy element of the game. 

Why fight for normal villages when you can get private villages that are more powerful?

I think private villages are good in a sense that it allows players who are having issues obtaining real villages to actually gain some of these production bonuses. But why does these villages have to be more powerful? It doesn't make any sense. 

This is also just going to further discourage players from participating in pvp situations. 
    Why pvp or war for villages when you can get private ones? What's worse is that you level up these villages by doing.. guess what? Events! Yes! events! 

The pvp element of this game is already suffering greatly.
    This update is only going to become another nail in the coffin judging the direction these developers are moving towards. 

What you are really saying here is that new players should not have any RVs in the outer kingdoms unless they are strong enough to take them from the higher level players, like the author of this thread, who have them all, and even when one of their players quits the game, the alliance keeps all of that players RVs to give to existing players in their alliance who can't find them or new players that prove they deserve to have them.  There are several problems with your version of what this will do to destroy the strategy of the game.

1.  If you read the description of this feature, they are not more powerful than the regular RVs (which by the way are non-existent), they are weaker and you can make them stronger, but not by much.  And why not get RVs this way, like you do other things.  The event tokens you earned were earned anyways and could be spent, so why not give them another way to spend them?  I wonder if there are many players with similar feelings who felt the same way about other things introduced to the game, to try to give those who can't afford to spend a lot of money on Rubies to play, like the Wishing Well where you earned Tokens that you could put in the Wishing Well to double 2000 Rubies to 4000 Rubies.  

2.  In 1. above I said:  "the regular RVs (which by the way are non-existent)," for a very good reason.  I have been playing this game on and off for more than 6 six years, under 2 different player names.  I started a new game about 3-4 years ago and had no resource villages in any of the outer kingdoms.  I found a few here and there, but not many at first.  And here is why:  About 4 years ago, I bookmarked a certain Tower in Evergreen Ice that was located right above a row of RVs already taken.  That bookmark is still there in the same place about 4 years later and not a single new RV has appeared around the edges of the map. About 2 years ago, just before  I took a hiatus from the game I had figured out a way to guage when new RVs were going to start appearing around the edges of the map in Sands and Fire.  I got a number of RVs for each of those 2  kingdoms, but still none had appeared in Ice.  I had bookmarked a tower in both Sands and Fire that was just above the last row of RVs that had appeared in these 2 kingdoms.  I just started back playing maybe 1-3 months ago and guess what?  Those two bookmarks are still there and there have been no new RVs appearing there.  That's like 2 years with no new RVs in those two kingdoms, added to the almost 4 years without any new RVs in Ice. 

3.  The players who own most of the RVs in all 3 Kingdoms are members of the biggest and most active alliances in the game for years now.  And you say no PVP to fight and get those RVs right?  Well 2-3 years ago I saw a player in Ruins near me in Ice and I captured it.  I didn't know that if that player was still attached to an Alliance that you couldn't take it, so I took 2 of them in Ice.  You want to know what happened to me for taking those 2  seemingly abandoned RVs?  The alliance took back those 2 RVs and 3 of mine in Ice and they took probably 4-5 of mine in Sands and Fire.  Then they repeatedly attacked my castles in the 4 Kingdoms, including my outposts in Green.  Being not rich and not able to buy as many Rubies as I wanted to, all I did for the better part of a year was to put out fires and rebuild what couldn't be saved.  So, there is no such thing as PVP or warring to get RVs if you are going to be burnt to the ground for fighting and taking one belonging to another.

4.  And who is going to be able to buy these Private RVs?  Everyone in the beginning (even those who are full of RVs in the outer Realms), but probably the same ones who own most of the public ones right now, mostly the Ruby players, will be able to upgrade them beyond the level of the public ones.  And the ones I see complaining about this new feature are the ones who are going to be able to advance them beyond the level of the public RVs.  And keep in mind this is a game not real life.  It's supposed to be fun, not always watching your back to see who is going to be the next big player to crush you.

5.  And finally, to all the players in the big heavy hitting groups, including the player complaining about this new feature, you all have statements on your Alliance sites that "stealing our RVs is an act of War". So, where is the opportunity for PvP and Warring to get RVs?  It is non-existent.  

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • ndd (US1) said:

Great Idea GGS!!!

The majority of the Alliances in this Game do not attack other players Outposts.  It is kind of an unspoken rule that you don't do this, although some of the most bloodthirsty alliances do.  

LadyThundara

Proud Member of The War Kings
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.All improvements to the game 
    2. that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't or can't buy Rubies?
    3. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    4. The large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen.
    5. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    6. And any more of events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • Why, why, why so difficult and complicated.....dang guys! 
    Trying to make things fair has just gotten so difficult the little guy has no hope of ever seeing any of it. So much for fair!
    I have been in other games for years then the devs gave into the whiners and things started to get more complicated and difficult to achieve anything I left the game after 6 yrs....I have only been playing this game for almost a year now and I just might cut my losses short and quit this also. 
    Rubies are to expensive when it comes down to buying anything with them, might as well throw my money away.....j
    This game is on a suicide mission and will kill itself off.  Good Luck!
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 729
    edited 26.11.2018
    This update, frankly, is a load of horse dung.

I mean like, it almost matches the original, which is a plus, but almost isn't very good:
    "The Private RVs update is currently planned to arrive as part of the August/September updates, however, the mechanic is taking shape quite quickly, and so some key aspects are appearing. These new villages will be purchasable with a new currency, this currency is likely to be available from event shops such as the nomad/samurai events, however this is not confirmed at this stage. The Currency should however be completely 'earnable' and not require rubies. Private RVs will be less effective than public RVs, for example, at the highest level, it will provide roughly 80% of the boost of the other RVs. These RVs will not be possible for other players to steal either, as they will be private to your account. Based on previous information it is also likely that these RVs will be included in the total number you can hold as a player (combined with public RVs)." (DE Community "talkrunde" Roundup #8) (https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/335793/de-community-talkrunde-roundup-8#latest)

SHOULD NOT REQUIRE RUBIES. I see a comPLETE and TOTAL disregard on this front for the original developer's ideas. What is Management doing???

Also, instead of having the regular villages be ~20% more effective than maxed private RVs, the new developments have flipped it around and made regular villages ~20% less effective than maxed private RVs. The original devs knew what they were doing, and made private RVs less effective and ruby-free for a very good reason.
    Private RVs were meant to be only for new and/or non-ruby players, to actually bridge the ruby gap. They were specifically designed to be less powerful than regular RVs so that it would let non-ruby players build up their kingdoms and build up their strength, to get to the point where they could effectively war bigger and more established players for the RVs on the world maps. Hence, ruby-free: so anybody could get them. THUS THEY WERE MADE LESS EFFECTIVE THAN REGULAR RVs.

Once again, GGE staff have taken wonderfully crafted, diligently thought-out and balanced ideas and twisted them around to be a hideous cash-grabbing, money-making, unbalanced mess.

Oh, and we can ignore the fact that the ideas about private resource villages announced in the quote I have above were from June...of 2017.  And then promptly swept under the rug, for well over a year. So much for "taking shape quite quickly," or being a part of 2017's August/September updates.

And forget about my hopes for GGS growing half a brain and figuring out how to run a business.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    If you want a response to something I said in a thread, @me or else don't expect one
    Sorry for being toxic sometimes lol @forums in general
    #TheFarmTeam
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,536GB1
    edited 26.11.2018
    JYT (US1) said:

SHOULD NOT REQUIRE RUBIES. I see a comPLETE and TOTAL disregard on this front for the original developer's ideas. What is Management doing???

Also, instead of having the regular villages be ~20% more effective than maxed private RVs, the new developments have flipped it around and made regular villages ~20% less effective than maxed private RVs. The original devs knew what they were doing, and made private RVs less effective and ruby-free for a very good reason.

The developers probably realised that this is a feature they can make money on. 
    If the RVs are 20% less effective then public ones, then the big players won't be trying to obtain these private villages. 
    As much as the developers wants to appeal to the normal (non-ruby... small players.. whatever you want to call them) they also want to appeal to the big players as well. Therefore giving an explaination for why these private RVs were made stronger than the public ones.

The developers decided to prioritise the extra money over trying to create a great strategy game, that's why i'm pissed off with this update. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,536GB1

This update is just going to destroy an another strategy element of the game. 

Why fight for normal villages when you can get private villages that are more powerful?

I think private villages are good in a sense that it allows players who are having issues obtaining real villages to actually gain some of these production bonuses. But why does these villages have to be more powerful? It doesn't make any sense. 

This is also just going to further discourage players from participating in pvp situations. 
    Why pvp or war for villages when you can get private ones? What's worse is that you level up these villages by doing.. guess what? Events! Yes! events! 

The pvp element of this game is already suffering greatly.
    This update is only going to become another nail in the coffin judging the direction these developers are moving towards. 

What you are really saying here is that new players should not have any RVs in the outer kingdoms unless they are strong enough to take them from the higher level players, like the author of this thread, who have them all, and even when one of their players quits the game, the alliance keeps all of that players RVs to give to existing players in their alliance who can't find them or new players that prove they deserve to have them

I never said that new players shouldn't have any RVs in the outer kingdoms unless they are strong enough to take them from the higher level players. Somthing to take into consideration here is what server we are talking about? Coming from a much smaller and less active server, i find RVs to be more accessible. Finding free villages is difficult, but not impossible, it just requires time and patience depending on in which kingdom you are searching in. 

On larger servers, such as US1, you have a lot more active players and teams fighting over the little numbers of villages that are available. Higher competition is to be expected. But even here, it's not impossible to obtain villages if you strategize well and know what to do. 

Public RVs are supposed to be fought about. They are exqlusive as their numbers are limited. 
    Apart from this, they also allow for more diverse ways to fight in this game. In a war. If you don't want to send normal attacks only, you also have the option to take your opponents RVs, allowing for more strategies to be applied on the battlefield, because after all, this is a strategy game. 

Even if it will take time for players to get their private villages established, public villages will slowly with time lose both their value and interest as less players will be motivated to go outside of their bubble to obtain them, especially if these private villages can achieve greater effects than a public village. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Once upon a time this was actually a pvp game.  If you were fighting an alliance and someone birded you take their rvs to make them starve.  I think GGE should stop with all of the stupid new things they are doing or just make it clear to us who have been playing for a long time that it is no longer a pvp but an event game so we can go elsewhere.
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 556NL1
    Once upon a time this was actually a pvp game.  If you were fighting an alliance and someone birded you take their rvs to make them starve.  I think GGE should stop with all of the stupid new things they are doing or just make it clear to us who have been playing for a long time that it is no longer a pvp but an event game so we can go elsewhere.
    it isn't clear for you yet????????  

flug @ nl 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 556NL1
    let the private rv's come, :)
    flug @ nl 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,102GB1
    Lady Thundara’s point does reflect the frustration many players felt about RV’s I’m just not sure with all the food related updates that Rv’s are as significant anymore.  The argument is not that something isn’t needed to balance the spread of rvs more fairly but that the proposed solution doesn’t deal with the root of the problem.  Specifically remove the inactive accounts or multiple accounts holding rvs as the rules require gge to do and their are more rvs available.  GGE spent since 2017 again avoiding dealing with the real issue multiaccounting wasting development time and money rather than enforcing their rules.  I’ve never seen a company go so far to avoid tackling a core issue that undermines all aspects of their product.  Those players that should have been removed are removed their are plenty of rvs problem solved it isn’t difficult.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • Can we station any troops in them for the night?

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 560Moderator
    Hiya, sorry about the delays in responding to a lot of these, RL is busy busy at the mo. Quick answers to some of the frequently asked bits and bobs, if I miss something, please yell at me:

1) OMG these are expensive, moar rubies needed

Not really. A level 10 private RV (same as public RVs) costs 35 tokens. From the pricing info we've been given so far 10,500 nomad/samurai tokens can be spent per event to buy 45 tokens. This gets you a level 11 private RV. Every 5 nom/sam events (total, not each) gets you enough tokens to get two level 15 RVs (in ice for example these are 60% boosts rather than 50%) with 5 tokens left over.

2) With all this extra food top players are going to be stupidly OP, widening the gap further

Again, not really. It's true that the highly active players and the big spenders will swap all theirs out, so for example in ice that'll be a 300% total RV bonus rather than 250%, but in turn this frees up 5 public RVs for "other people". Not only that, but everyone can gain access to RVs without needing to take them off someone else - you can gain the private equivalent of 9 public food RVs for every 7 nomad/samurai events (again, total, not each), so literally everyone should be narrowing the gap to the top players with this.

3) But what about the shells just hoarding even more RVs?

Yeah, this has been an issue ... However, it's unlikely that the update will impact it all that much - if anything it'll be less of an issue because this no longer deprives active players of being able to at least get their own RVs of a sort. Furthermore this practice has only been happening because the things are gold dust (particularly sand/fire food ones. If everyone has access to them, there's no actual incentive for shells holding RVs to be a thing any more.

4) Part of the point of the game has been fighting over this stuff and the strongest keeping them, what gives?

Yup, this is true, and definitely this is changing. A lot of people seem to have a preference for PvE grind over PvP festivities (and speaking personally this makes me sad, but this _is_ the more prominent behaviour in the playerbase whether I like it or not). RV wars are likely to become rather redundant after a few months of this update being in place. Eventually I guess there Rvs will be free everywhere and basically just a shortcut to getting started on your RVs before you replace them with private ones.

On the sad side, those who had to fight hard in big alliances to have a full stock of RVs are going to feel hard done by. On the bright side this will reduce the ruby gap, reduce the big alliance gap, and make it more possible for the smaller alliances to be competitive in fights in the kingdoms.

fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 26.11.2018
    Hiya, sorry about the delays in responding to a lot of these, RL is busy busy at the mo. Quick answers to some of the frequently asked bits and bobs, if I miss something, please yell at me:

1) OMG these are expensive, moar rubies needed

Not really. A level 10 private RV (same as public RVs) costs 35 tokens. From the pricing info we've been given so far 10,500 nomad/samurai tokens can be spent per event to buy 45 tokens. This gets you a level 11 private RV. Every 5 nom/sam events (total, not each) gets you enough tokens to get two level 15 RVs (in ice for example these are 60% boosts rather than 50%) with 5 tokens left over.

2) With all this extra food top players are going to be stupidly OP, widening the gap further

Again, not really. It's true that the highly active players and the big spenders will swap all theirs out, so for example in ice that'll be a 300% total RV bonus rather than 250%, but in turn this frees up 5 public RVs for "other people". Not only that, but everyone can gain access to RVs without needing to take them off someone else - you can gain the private equivalent of 9 public food RVs for every 7 nomad/samurai events (again, total, not each), so literally everyone should be narrowing the gap to the top players with this.

3) But what about the shells just hoarding even more RVs?

Yeah, this has been an issue ... However, it's unlikely that the update will impact it all that much - if anything it'll be less of an issue because this no longer deprives active players of being able to at least get their own RVs of a sort. Furthermore this practice has only been happening because the things are gold dust (particularly sand/fire food ones. If everyone has access to them, there's no actual incentive for shells holding RVs to be a thing any more.

4) Part of the point of the game has been fighting over this stuff and the strongest keeping them, what gives?

Yup, this is true, and definitely this is changing. A lot of people seem to have a preference for PvE grind over PvP festivities (and speaking personally this makes me sad, but this _is_ the more prominent behaviour in the playerbase whether I like it or not). RV wars are likely to become rather redundant after a few months of this update being in place. Eventually I guess there Rvs will be free everywhere and basically just a shortcut to getting started on your RVs before you replace them with private ones.

On the sad side, those who had to fight hard in big alliances to have a full stock of RVs are going to feel hard done by. On the bright side this will reduce the ruby gap, reduce the big alliance gap, and make it more possible for the smaller alliances to be competitive in fights in the kingdoms.

You have good points and especially the last one. Many players who do not own rvs from small alliances are disadvantaged in not having their own rvs and especially the non ruby buyers who only have a level 1 stable. Even with feathers it is still harder to compete with other players for rvs who have a higher level stable at level 2 or 3.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Also, with private rvs players from small alliances hopefully may be less likely to steal rvs from other players as well. I know that not everyone necessarily agrees with private rvs, but I am one of them who does. People are still going to fight over rvs even with private rvs added into the game, but I believe the point of private rvs may be in having more balance to the game between the big and small alliances and also more balance between the ruby and non ruby buyers. Some players may quit the game for example that are from smaller alliances, because they are unable to compete with players from bigger alliances for rvs or because have difficulty in capturing their own rvs due to the fact they only have a level 1 stable.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • wotto (AU1)wotto (AU1) Posts: 5AU1
    the only people who think this is a good idea is people without rvs  another update that erodes game play even further 
    wotto @ au 1
  • bummer (AU1)bummer (AU1) Posts: 94AU1
    most talk about hard fights for RV are very nice but not valid for new player entering in a kingdom and almost instantly after ending protection time are farmed, exactly the time you could use RV. But, you will have to wait and grow until you are a strong player and then try to PvP and get RV. Pity that the big alliance have a strange understanding of PvP as it appears when you attack or retaliate any member of a big alliance you run into 166k defense. very unlikely that defense is from one player only.
    the new private RV could be a bridge as they are better as existing RV, the costs aside, but when the old player decide to chance to the new RV, the free ones will become free and in the end even obsolete.

• the only people who think this is a good idea is people without rvs  another update that erodes game play even further 
    Maybe or it will increase competition with other players and other alliances which includes the smaller alliances making them stronger because of them having more rvs than previously before the private rvs were added into the game. Not increased competition over rvs necessarily with the private rvs, but in actually hitting castles more possibly in the outer kingdoms instead of stealing rvs. I actually own lots of rvs, but I still think it is a good idea. Important to factor in the new players as well who are looking for rvs that may be more interested in this game if they could have rvs of their own and not only just those who are experienced and played this game for a long time.
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.