Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Battle of the Winter Knights

BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
Hey everyone,

The new Battle of the Winter Knights inter-server event is now kicking off, and we'd be very keen to hear your thoughts about the idea of event (and ideally any questions that you may have that we can answer before it starts)

Cheers,

Your Empire community team!
Post edited by BM Neroxnex on
fujiwara @ en-1
fujiwara @ us-1

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,762
    when does it starts or how do i get there?
    flug @ nl 1
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    edited 19.11.2018
    why should we care about it? These server vs server events have been broken since day 1 and nothing has been changed
    edit: just looked at end rewards and I'm kinda amused and disappointed and pleasantly surprised all at once
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • starts at 11:30 AM today I have no idea what the event is I didnt read the thing too long for my liking
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • Aaron. V (SKN1)Aaron. V (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 11
    This is too boring event. If I saw the rankings in real time this would be a bit more interesting event.
  • ArekusX (SKN1)ArekusX (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    Make it so you actually see the ranking between the 2 servers. It would make it a lot more intresting.
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 316
    what is Gem of the steadfast flank Level 13
  • Zeorn (US1)Zeorn (US1) Posts: 2
    edited 20.11.2018

How do I enter this event?

Gotta add this is very discouraging to want to continue playing this game. All sorts of information but Lack how to enter it and we have to guess what time of the day it starts? Minor details seem to be missing and making this a major frustration against this game.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,064

How do I enter this event?

Gotta add this is very discouraging to want to continue playing this game. All sorts of information but Lack how to enter it and we have to guess what time of the day it starts? Minor details seem to be missing and making this a major frustration against this game.
    there is not enetering the event, it is just an event comparing the total scores of servers and then whichever server does best in the choosen catigory gets a point and at the end prices are given out, play like you always do and enjoy the freebies :)

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Thank you! Herveus!   :+)

• what is Gem of the steadfast flank Level 13
    I have the same question...?
  • party ann (GB1)party ann (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    edited 20.11.2018
    Aaron. V (SKN1) and ArekusX (SKN1) make a good suggestion about real time scores.
    A score bar like we have in beri would be useful (although I'm still trying to work out if that is accurate...)

Still, as an individual, I don't see how I can significantly increase the overall server score, which makes it a pointless exercise for me, and I'm sure also for most players. The only way to win the event is for the big alliances to talk to each other and collaborate, which will be a rather alien concept on most servers. The booby prizes are ok so I suppose it is nice to get something for nothing but it just adds to the strangeness of the whole event.

The introduction to the event when you login is a good idea and helps address the fact that not many use the forums to gather information. It is certainly a positive to make sure that all players know it is happening.
  • Aaron. V (SKN1) and ArekusX (SKN1) make a good suggestion about real time scores.
    A score bar like we have in beri would be useful (although I'm still trying to work out if that is accurate...)

The introduction to the event when you login is a good idea and helps address the fact that not many use the forums to gather information. It is certainly a positive to make sure that all players know it is happening.
    It would be good if i could see it - just get flashes now and then while scrolling - I'll admit to using an older version of flash - BUT IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE REST OF THE SOFTWARE ON MY OLD P/C !
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • ArekusX (SKN1)ArekusX (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    Hmm not the best update. Very hard to understand what to do
  • @BM Fujiwara , @BM Neroxnex   - please can you post the rankings here as i can't view in game !!!
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    It would be a real good idea if these server vs server events were fair.   It's 11am here on the 20th and the first matchday is already over.  I don't think the first matchday was exactly 24 hrs long, and unless a matchday is in an increment of 24hrs these events will always massively favor one server or another since most of the players in any given server are likely to be in a particular time zone.

In addition to publishing the dates of a competition, GGE should include the start and end times of the competition.
  • This new update coming up for foreigners is outrageous. Instead of fixing the underlying issue which would be only posting castles above 1k troops GGE wants us to spend our hard earned coins, tablets and rubies to get better castles! We are not made of money GGE, you need to make the game more affordable to players again! At this point the only way to succeed in this game is to spend unreasonable amounts of cash. 100 dollars for a couple hours of bonus??? Thats food for a week. You are further alienating your player base and making the choice of quitting the game easier every day. reduce prices, fix underlying problems rather than forcing people to pay for these problems to go away. Bring back PLAY TO WIN rather than PAY TO WIN. 
    Sincerely, 
    a regular ruby buyer who understands which games succeed and which do not
    dtothef @ usa 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    @BM Fujiwara , @BM Neroxnex   - please can you post the rankings here as i can't view in game !!!
    Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, here they are. I'll be posting them in the main update thread for the event when I get them now as well!
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• This new update coming up for foreigners is outrageous. Instead of fixing the underlying issue which would be only posting castles above 1k troops GGE wants us to spend our hard earned coins, tablets and rubies to get better castles! We are not made of money GGE, you need to make the game more affordable to players again! At this point the only way to succeed in this game is to spend unreasonable amounts of cash. 100 dollars for a couple hours of bonus??? Thats food for a week. You are further alienating your player base and making the choice of quitting the game easier every day. reduce prices, fix underlying problems rather than forcing people to pay for these problems to go away. Bring back PLAY TO WIN rather than PAY TO WIN. 
    Sincerely, 
    a regular ruby buyer who understands which games succeed and which do not
    I agree. I occasionally pick up a few rubies and know enough just from that to see that we're getting less and less for our rubies and even the earned currencies like tablets. I've played off and on for a couple years, and there've been lots of changes. One of the most obvious recent ones being the WoF, which isn't even playable anymore with costs multiplied and ticket availabilities remaining the same. Also, if you notice the apprentice blacksmith which has just been brought back? It costs (or used to, we'll see if it's changed) 5000 tokens/tablets for 500 apprentice tokens, which could be exchanged for any piece of equipment in the shop. Now, the Khan Dorgo set, which isn't even as good as most of the sets you can get from the apprentice, has its cheapest piece at 5800 and its most expensive at 8200. The last time I bought rubies, I got about 25000. I used 10000 to buy the lotus set in an offer, and the rest were spent pretty quickly as well, either on buildings or tools in sales. Back when I first started playing, I never REALLY had any inclination to buy rubies, as it was so much easier to survive in the game without them 3 or 4 years ago. Events were rare (sometimes you'd even see plain grass in front of your main castle), PvP was a constant, the game was fairer. Now there's a constant thought of "well if I had more rubies...", the game is littered with whales, and events are so common they're not even that fun anymore.

I started this talking about prices, ended up just talking about how the game has changed for the worse. Whoops :)

~Currently a Member
    of The War Kings
  • how do we know each matchday what the points are that we have to gain and where are the rewards table?
Sign In to comment.