We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: November Update Notes

Comments

• @David Noble (US1)
    If i read it correct you will switch the castle you spied by that castle with 20-500 extra def for the coin/khan/khan medals/sam tokens and a extra 520-1000 if you pay rubies. so IF i understand it correctly you spy a castle that has 400 you reroll for coins and it will be 400+20-500 depending on your luck. I also believe if you do a second reroll during the same event you will pay double. and a third triple the base price etc. I quess they reset it every event.
    You might have a point.The reroll is still still confusing to me with important details left out, but if the reroll only works for one castle instead of all castles during the entire invasion or perhaps instead of being permanent with permanent increased defenses for every castle and lasting for more than one invasion that would suck. Plus, does the reroll increasing in price only work for one castle each? I think that if that were the case that could help a lot. Just reroll a few times or less for each castle to save on gold coins instead of an increase reroll price if the reroll only works for one castle instead of all of them. Obviously, the ruby reroll could potentially have an unfair advantage even if it were for only one castle each, but for the gold coin reroll if the reroll only works for one castle each it would be nice if the increased cost of reroll would only apply to one castle each as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1
    edited 16.11.2018
    I will go through the whole reroll thing and cover it here for those who would like know more.

Here you will see the spy report of the foreign castle i will use in this example. (Picture 1 & 2) 

Exiting out of the spy report. You click the castle and you'll then see a new icon appear next to the spy button. 

Clicking this new icon, you'll be greeted by this menu below. 

As you can see in the two pictures above. You have a few options to choose from. 
    In my case. I can choose to use either 1. Coins 2. Nomad tablets or 3. Rubies   to reroll my foreign castle. 

Let's say you reroll one castle using coins. Then the next reroll will cost twice the amount of the first reroll.
    The cost doubles for everything except the rubies. So let's say you use coins for your first reroll. Will then the second reroll cost 100 nomad tablets? No, it will also double even though you didn't use that method. So as shown above, it now costs 200 nomad tablets. 

1st reroll: 24.000 coins
    2nd reroll: 48.000 coins
    3rd reroll: 72.000 coins
    4th reroll: 120.000 coins

Let's reroll the exact same foreign castle that i spied in pictures 1 & 2 using coins. 

Rerolling the same castle from picture 1 & 2 far above. You can now see the result of my reroll in the spy report above.
    In this case, this reroll became a failure as i went from 700 defenders to 614. Maybe this was just my bad luck though. 

Let's reroll the exact same castle a second time. Now using rubies. 

Here are the results:

I got better luck with this one. 
    As you can see. We went from just 614 defenders to 1403 defenders. 

How much rubies will the next reroll cost?
    The ruby reroll works exactly the same as the coin reroll.

So first reroll costs 1200 rubies... second reroll 2400... and third reroll 3600... forth reroll 6000 rubies

The costs are a bit confusing, i'm sure there is a pattern to it, but i won't bother trying to figure it out at this point. To keep things short and simple, the more you use this thing, the more expensive it becomes.

The reroll thing is not castle by castle (individual), it's for all of them.
    It doesn't matter what castle you reroll, all costs are global across all castles. So if you reroll a foreign castle at coordinates 111:471  5 times, then the foreign castle at 214:745 won't cost like you are doing it the first time, you'll have to pay the price of a 6th reroll. 

Post edited by Zenzer (GB1) on

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• I think what David Noble was asking, is if you reroll castle A once, it costs 24k obviously. And if you rerolled it again, it would cost 48k. But if I wanted to reroll a different castle, castle B, would it cost 72k or 24k to reroll that, different castle?

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,600GB1
    I think what David Noble was asking, is if you reroll castle A once, it costs 24k obviously. And if you rerolled it again, it would cost 48k. But if I wanted to reroll a different castle, castle B, would it cost 72k or 24k to reroll that, different castle?

If you have rerolled castle A, 2 times. Then castle B will cost like you are doing it a third time. 
    So yes, castle B would cost 72k in your example.

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 17.11.2018
    I think what David Noble was asking, is if you reroll castle A once, it costs 24k obviously. And if you rerolled it again, it would cost 48k. But if I wanted to reroll a different castle, castle B, would it cost 72k or 24k to reroll that, different castle?

If you have rerolled castle A, 2 times. Then castle B will cost like you are doing it a third time. 
    So yes, castle B would cost 72k in your example.

But the bonuses are permanent right at least for one invasion? If you reroll twice with Castle A will for example Castle B automatically have added troops like Castle A? Or , in other word perhaps castle B have the same number of defenders added as castle A without having to reroll, unless if the player really wants to reroll for a third time.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,751AU1
    How I understood it, is you can reroll each castle once, and each castle you do it in it gets more expensive... but it's incredibly poorly written, and I'm probably wrong. They really should make that part clearer and easier to understand.
    You can reroll it for rubies / samurai tokens / khan medals / nomad tablets so more for ruby players

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1
    Color me half-impressed.
    I mean like, you did most of what you said you'd do, and it doesn't seem too broken yet. (Hopefully I didn't speak too soon)
    Bringing back the old ice cast is appreciated by me, as I still don't have great casts. That's a solid +1 from me.
    The rest of it I could care less about, but caring more about would be harder.

B+, you did most of what was planned for November, but you're still missing half of the planned updates for September.
    Awaiting December. Please don't disappoint.
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 17.11.2018
    JYT (US1) said:
    Color me half-impressed.
    I mean like, you did most of what you said you'd do, and it doesn't seem too broken yet. (Hopefully I didn't speak too soon)
    Bringing back the old ice cast is appreciated by me, as I still don't have great casts. That's a solid +1 from me.
    The rest of it I could care less about, but caring more about would be harder.

B+, you did most of what was planned for November, but you're still missing half of the planned updates for September.
    Awaiting December. Please don't disappoint.
    Sometimes updates may not always go as planned which is normal for this game. At this point Goodgame Studios has added and made so many changes to Goodgame Empire that at this point the game seems to be high maintenance to work on which if something goes wrong or there is poor planning involved it may cause delays. Also, take for example the private rvs which we have been waiting for a very long time, but never got officially added into the game.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 560AU1
    I will go through the whole reroll thing and cover it here for those who would like know more.

Here you will see the spy report of the foreign castle i will use in this example. (Picture 1 & 2) 

Exiting out of the spy report. You click the castle and you'll then see a new icon appear next to the spy button. 

Clicking this new icon, you'll be greeted by this menu below. 

As you can see in the two pictures above. You have a few options to choose from. 
    In my case. I can choose to use either 1. Coins 2. Nomad tablets or 3. Rubies   to reroll my foreign castle. 

Let's say you reroll one castle using coins. Then the next reroll will cost twice the amount of the first reroll.
    The cost doubles for everything except the rubies. So let's say you use coins for your first reroll. Will then the second reroll cost 100 nomad tablets? No, it will also double even though you didn't use that method. So as shown above, it now costs 200 nomad tablets. 

1st reroll: 24.000 coins
    2nd reroll: 48.000 coins
    3rd reroll: 72.000 coins
    4th reroll: 120.000 coins

Let's reroll the exact same foreign castle that i spied in pictures 1 & 2 using coins. 

Rerolling the same castle from picture 1 & 2 far above. You can now see the result of my reroll in the spy report above.
    In this case, this reroll became a failure as i went from 700 defenders to 614. Maybe this was just my bad luck though. 

Let's reroll the exact same castle a second time. Now using rubies. 

Here are the results:

I got better luck with this one. 
    As you can see. We went from just 614 defenders to 1403 defenders. 

How much rubies will the next reroll cost?
    The ruby reroll works exactly the same as the coin reroll.

So first reroll costs 1200 rubies... second reroll 2400... and third reroll 3600... forth reroll 6000 rubies

The costs are a bit confusing, i'm sure there is a pattern to it, but i won't bother trying to figure it out at this point. To keep things short and simple, the more you use this thing, the more expensive it becomes.

The reroll thing is not castle by castle (individual), it's for all of them.
    It doesn't matter what castle you reroll, all costs are global across all castles. So if you reroll a foreign castle at coordinates 111:471  5 times, then the foreign castle at 214:745 won't cost like you are doing it the first time, you'll have to pay the price of a 6th reroll. 

this suggests two things I think are wrong

1..you chance getting a WORSE castle..

2.  does the reroll reset and if so how often?..otherwise in events rerolls will be limited or very expensive
    Shares @ au 1
  • better then nothing of course but this up is same shit as before I really expected something really new in the game. 
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    edited 17.11.2018
    what is this and how can I buy it

• I sure hope it won't cost rubies, if it does, ruby players will just have another huge advantage...

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,932ASIA1
    what is this and how can I buy it

Must be some special stuff, like forge.. 
    ] - asia 1 / top 1 player - 2.3m power - 13.06.2019

• So what sets specifically are comin to the event shops besides the one cast?
  • Is the new commander the same as the original or is it a rework??

I won this com when you could collect the pieces by coming top 50 in the sams. Is it the same 1??
  • The rerole costing coins is a plus but I think nomad needs a few more armor sets samies keeps getting all the goodies rn

TFT Reborn! 
    Member of USA1 for 5 years!
    King clone
  • jennyj (AU1)jennyj (AU1) Posts: 38AU1
    Why not be honest and say this is yet another money grab and only ruby whales need apply
    everything you say you have reworked/fixed.. eg: number of defenders in foreign and crows castles to make it worth hitting costs rubies.. and going from a couple of hundred to a 1000 or 2 is just a rip off anyway
    fix the game properly, just don't add bits and tell us it new and improved

and when is the shapeshifter casta coming.. there was no need to rework it for the ruby whales so it made it easier for them
    no wonder players are leaving the game.. same old crap just different day
    jennyj @ au 1
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) Posts: 201GB1
    Dear GGE

How about you actually address the concerns of your customers rather than trying to distract them with bright new shiny things that on second glance turn out to be rubbish?

I know that goes against company policy but you might want to try it for a change
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • This new update coming up for foreigners is outrageous. Instead of fixing the underlying issue which would be only posting castles above 1k troops GGE wants us to spend our hard earned coins, tablets and rubies to get better castles! We are not made of money GGE, you need to make the game more affordable to players again! At this point the only way to succeed in this game is to spend unreasonable amounts of cash. 100 dollars for a couple hours of bonus??? Thats food for a week. You are further alienating your player base and making the choice of quitting the game easier every day. reduce prices, fix underlying problems rather than forcing people to pay for these problems to go away. Bring back PLAY TO WIN rather than PAY TO WIN. 
    Sincerely, 
    a regular ruby buyer who understands which games succeed and which do not
    dtothef @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.