Home English (UK) Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Technicus Rework

Right now it costs around 20+ million to max out a unique set. I for one have a few sets but I cant get them maxed out because im a lower level 70 and can only afford to get it to level 15/20 and it alone costed at least 10 million! They have a ruby discount that is only useful when it costs around 10k rubies! Why does it need to cost so much? How discouraging is it when you can only get maybe 3 million during the nomad and samurai events. What if you could upgrade the technicus? This could even cost rubies for Good game studios benefit because they wont do it if they dont profit. EG 1k rubies to upgrade the technicus' success chance. EG for getting to level 15 on a armor peace it would make the success chance from 6% < 9% chance. Or less I dont care but im not gonna grind for weeks on end to max out a armor set in the game. The game is getting too grindy this is bad game design and will make lower level players quit after a few levels.
I like this one.  ;)

King clone

Comments

• AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) US1 Posts: 335
    edited 13.11.2018
    Ye olde carrot and stick trick. ;) 

If it was easy, it would not be challenging. 
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
  • there is no need to change it,if you would like to have something work for it
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    ah you must be new here. This has been a grindfest for at least 4 years now, but probably (almost definitely) longer. At least, since the nomad invasion was added, this is and probably always will be a grindfest.
    And honestly, 1k rubies to upgrade the success rate even half a percent permanently is a ridiculously good deal. I'd be willing to dump 24k rubies in right now and then max all my sets at that rate. No, if GGS contemplated this idea, it'd be more like 1k rubies for a 1% increase in success rate for one piece at one level.
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • there is no need to change it,if you would like to have something work for it
    says the player that is leg level 500 and probably has around 100 million coins
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • I never said it didnt have to be challenging but the constant nomad/ samis grind is just the same old same old it makes it very very tedious and boring to hit them over and over and over again just to maybe upgrade a armor set a few levels 
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • I never said it didnt have to be challenging but the constant nomad/ samis grind is just the same old same old it makes it very very tedious and boring to hit them over and over and over again just to maybe upgrade a armor set a few levels 
    I don't know what you are doing wrong. But I get from 10million to 30million+ per samurai's and nomad's when I am grinding it. Add more cars to your train and you should make a good bank. Hit your towers in outers every 4 hours. That last one is vital you make gold in every event if you do this. And, an event like Blood Crows you send out you BC attacks and then go attack ICE Sands And Fire making huge bank... Or at least I do. I make 5-10million+ not even trying. But, I have to admit I don't have many coins left over because of the tech and would love if they brought the price down/ It does get expensive in the last 5 levels. It takes like 300k-1m to get it to level 15-16. After that, it's a complete crap show and it can cost you 10-15m but sometimes you do it in under 1m. I really wish it was the cost is the cost which would make it a lot better. FFS.

Current Member of The Red Army
    Former Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start, boi.

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    I must admit, I find the technicus very tedious because most of my serious upgrading is +18 to +20. It costs on average a few million per item, and more importantly involves about 100 clicks each time. If something costs 25k with a 2% chance of success, I'd much rather see it cost 1.25M with a 100% chance of success. I'm not bothered by the cost, I am bothered by the amount of clicking, and I really don't see a particularly compelling gameplay argument for having to go through it.

The coins themselves, as people have said, come in at a decent pace. Sure, it's a grind, but there's literally nothing else for me to do with those coins on that scale (sure, recruitment occasionally, but that's cheap as chips). The realistic increase in power for your commander from +15 to +20 is rarely that much that you'd really miss it (even on the sets where the melee and range doesn't come out of the set bonuses), so do what I did and upgrade all your best sets to +8 only, then +12 when you have plenty of spare money, then +16, then +18, then +20

fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 14.11.2018
    It is entirely possible to get level 20 equipment. Even a non ruby buyer if the player collects and saves enough gold coins it is entirely possible even for that player to get level 20 equipment without necessarily having to spend any rubies to level up a set to 20 and especially since there are two different ways a player can also get extra gold coins from Samurai and Nomad Invasions as well in addition to lots of gold coins they can get even without them. Pretty much the entire game was meant for grinding with all the events and invasions that have been added into the game and especially for non ruby buyers who are still motivated to play the game even with the grinding more part of it for getting better rewards in comparison to those who spend real money on the game. However, the one thing I can agree upon is that the Technicus is very expensive for getting level 20 equipment and also can take a long time to get level 20 equipment as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • i just really don't want to click the technicus a thousand times.  i would rather have a set price.

• I must admit, I find the technicus very tedious because most of my serious upgrading is +18 to +20. It costs on average a few million per item, and more importantly involves about 100 clicks each time. If something costs 25k with a 2% chance of success, I'd much rather see it cost 1.25M with a 100% chance of success. I'm not bothered by the cost, I am bothered by the amount of clicking, and I really don't see a particularly compelling gameplay argument for having to go through it.

The coins themselves, as people have said, come in at a decent pace. Sure, it's a grind, but there's literally nothing else for me to do with those coins on that scale (sure, recruitment occasionally, but that's cheap as chips). The realistic increase in power for your commander from +15 to +20 is rarely that much that you'd really miss it (even on the sets where the melee and range doesn't come out of the set bonuses), so do what I did and upgrade all your best sets to +8 only, then +12 when you have plenty of spare money, then +16, then +18, then +20

Good points, but there are also pros and cons to the Technicus as well. The cons are that clicking hundreds of times can be annoying and tedious and can also be very expensive as well in gold coins to level up especially if a player gets unlucky like having to spend about somewhere around 2 to 3 million gold coins for example to get only one piece of equipment leveled up from 19 to 20. At least one pro though is the fact that players who are lucky in leveling up a piece of equipment do not have to spend as many gold coins in comparison to those who are unlucky. The problem is though I suppose is that for some players they would seem to value having less clicks over the chances of being lucky by having to spend less gold coins in general which the only way to make it fair is that a simple one gold coin click would have to be based on an average like perhaps 1.5 million gold coins for example to level up one piece of equipment for example from level 19 to 20. Also, would one simple click of using the Technicus with gold coins lessen the value of rubies from the Technicus as well to level up equipment? Even though the Technicus sometimes has discounts that is another thing to consider as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    edited 14.11.2018
    The luck issue would make a lot more sense if it wasn't for the fact I'm trying to +20 a touch over 30 full sets. By the time you've gotten 130 odd items to +20, any luckiness or unluckiness has evened out, and all you have to show for it is the 200,000 or more mouse clicks that it took to get there.

It's possible people are really forking out 20k rubies a piece just to avoid the clickfest, but much though I strongly dislike the clicking, I definitely wouldn't consider paying rubies to bypass it - I just assumed the people spending rubies on upgrades are doing it to save themselves X million coins. You may be right that they just want to save on clicks I guess, in which case fair point.

From my perspective the problem is one of game design. I've already ranted a bit about the grindiness of the game at the moment, but I understand that a level of grind is required in a F2P game. I don't think that grind should come at the cost of enjoyment though. Just with events, grind for the sake of grind isn't fun - the process itself should be rewarding/satisfying/fun, and then you put up with the grind fairly stoically.

It doesn't take long to click my mouse 100 times. I'm not really saving a noticeable amount of time by making it one click - the time cost on upgrading items is earning the coins, not clicking the mouse to spend them. As a result, I can't see any justification for making people bored out of their mind when they decide to splash out on the technicus. They've earned the coins, let them spend and get satisfied from the upgrades. I also suspect there's far more in-game tilt because it cost 10,000,000 to upgrade a single item from +17 to +18 than you'll ever see equivalent happiness from doing it on the second click.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• I must admit, I find the technicus very tedious because most of my serious upgrading is +18 to +20. It costs on average a few million per item, and more importantly involves about 100 clicks each time. If something costs 25k with a 2% chance of success, I'd much rather see it cost 1.25M with a 100% chance of success. I'm not bothered by the cost, I am bothered by the amount of clicking, and I really don't see a particularly compelling gameplay argument for having to go through it.

I like that the most Its just the worst thing to watch as your coins quickly go from a few million to a few hundred in a matter of seconds if it was a flat out price I wouldn't be having this thread and be fine with it 
    I like this one.  ;)

King clone
  • if it was a flat out price players would know how much it is and be like "OK I have that lets do it." I dont mind clicking but its the fact that you know each click it is making you lose 20k the failed is just awful to watch happen it makes me want to curl up and cry :neutral:

I like this one.  ;)

King clone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file