We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

When should equipment reach its limit?

CaptainBro (US1)CaptainBro (US1) Posts: 873US1
So I've been looking at the Beri Cast/Eagle Cast and Element/Master Comms and thought about how GGE is reaching into troops strength since the other functions (wall/gate/moat) have a defined limit.

So my questions to the community is;

Does anyone think GGE is dipping its toes in dangerous waters with troops strength in equipment sets?

Does anyone else think the new equipment power system is nothing more than cash grabbing by tapping into troops strength?

Do you feel equipment is already at a reasonable limit? 
I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.

Comments

• there is no limit.

GGE will keep making old equipment outdated forever, they said so somewhere thats its just 'development of things'.

aka cash grabbing scheme.
    King The Torrent The Furious, 448k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.
  • This is The Power Up Cycle, it is necessary to keep introducing new things that are better than the old things or people would just stop getting new things. There is a drawback in that some of those really old things, can be special, if they do something nothing new can.

One problem is that there is just too much STUFF at this point so they need to find better ways to store things, or make fusion really worthwhile.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) Posts: 2,703GB1
    edited 03.11.2018

Does anyone think GGE is dipping its toes in dangerous waters with troops strength in equipment sets?

Yes and no, as long there is a working counter for something, it should be just fine. 
    For example, the new shapeshifter castellan which is supposed to be able to counter the shapeshifter commander. 
    But of course, it is dangerous waters indeed, especially since it's GGS we are talking about, who are experts when it comes to screwing things up. 

Does anyone else think the new equipment power system is nothing more than cash grabbing by tapping into troops strength?

The entire game itself is a cash grab. 

Equipments have reached their limit indeed unless the developers decides to expand on the limits. We can already see this today with the large amount of recycled sets they've introduced so far. Let's also not forget all these crappy npc commanders as well who offers nothing new than what we already got. 

As for expanding the limits, for example: We have the classic 90/90 limit. Let's say they increase the cap to 120/120. 
    That would open up for whole new types of commanders and castellans to be introduced to the game. 
    But that would also come with it's own problems and issues which i won't take up here. 

This is The Power Up Cycle, it is necessary to keep introducing new things that are better than the old things or people would just stop getting new things. There is a drawback in that some of those really old things, can be special, if they do something nothing new can.

This is already happening. 
    Just look at the recent seasional events.
    The commanders offered there are just recycled ones with downgraded stats. 
    GGE doesn't understand the concept of motivating players to get new things by introducing new and better things. 

"Let's give all players the Sand sorceress we have already given to them before. But let's also downgrade the set and put some cool shiny power system thingy on it. Yes, the players are going to love this! Salary raise for the idiot who came up with this genius idea!" - Not GGS

I think you get the point. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    It's a free to play game, of course it's a cash grab. There's a bunch of staff to pay. There's always going to be the "next thing to pay for to get to the next level", and when enough players reach it, there will be a new level to reach, with financial offers to get there quicker. There's literally no other way to run a F2P game.
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• So I've been looking at the Beri Cast/Eagle Cast and Element/Master Comms and thought about how GGE is reaching into troops strength since the other functions (wall/gate/moat) have a defined limit.

So my questions to the community is;

Not really? I mean, almost 90% of the battles will come down to pure tactics, who is able to utilize what castellan bonuses the best, obviously some commanders and castellans will be better than others, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to kill huge numbers with a normal 90/90 and fail miserably with a 110/100 commander, it's all situational, and in general the new commanders are more powerful, but there are f2p alternatives to both comms and casts, which, if used correctly, can prove to be extremely strong. 
Sign In to comment.