Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: The Outer Realms - First official run!

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,248
    My biggest problem is it is just about how much you spend , basically it is still is a individual event , although we are sweating our nuts of to be the best in the outer realms , yet if an individual just threw  money at it , the could win this event .
    Disappointed that no prize for wining team , who fought well as a team only to get nothing at the end of it. if it stays this way , the next Outer realms will be a failure , the time and effort in this event , means i dont bother with my main account .
    there is nothing extroadinary about this event . even the deco is a Goddess of nature , there is nothing to say you even played the event .

Maybe still time to change it maybe , so it was advertise a a pvp event , but to win you just have to buy .
    Will not return to and i think maybe after this first few days ruby sales will go down as , i dont buy for my main account or in the Outer Realms 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
    Just a thought why not put more skips in the Mercenary Camp. you still have to work hard getting coins , but it may just may keep the interest in the outer realm 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • king24 (IN1)king24 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 177
    At least in the next event let us start from a already developed castle around lvl 30. Its better than starting from scratch .

Some gifts boxes with items like in the test server would also be good
    Live and enjoy your life to the fullest. 

Proud member of  UAL  -IN 1

It doesn't get any more closer than this :P 
    http://prntscr.com/hda8dz

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    On balance having had time to work at it the introduction of equipment can gradually be overcome and for some players it is helpful.  

Couple of other queries.

We get the Shadow King quests in the Quest Book but can't do them because the first one is hit Bloodcrow / Foreign Invader castles.  Berimond and Nomads are also in that run so not sure if that means they are introduced in week two or after you reach a certain point maybe level 70.  

Also Storm still runs for a whole 26 days whereas the event is 20 so we can't get the full castellan or commander equipment sets or titles or PO items but can get individual items of equipment using aqua.  Was this deliberate or should it have been a shortened run?  It doesn't make a huge difference but might be worth clarifying.  

Batten @ en 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 07.10.2018
    At least in the next event let us start from a already developed castle around lvl 30. Its better than starting from scratch .

Some gifts boxes with items like in the test server would also be good
    How do you know that we will starting at level around level 30 in the next event? If that was true that would be great, but a lack of information and details as to what is going to happen during the next outer realms event makes me uncertain about that. All I know is that GGS has been progressively adding new stuff into the event. If we have to all over again at level 1 in the next event that also means we would have go through the annoying tutorial all over again as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    So to try and keep players who aren't playing up to date in a slightly more rational manner than with the shock of the equipment drop, today we had new troops arrive for coin purchases both attacking and defensive troops.  The cost of tools has also been dropped and their have been offers of bakeries and also resources.  These have been 20% for me but not sure if that's same for all players.

The number of players getting to Storm, Sand and Fire is still quite small but it is rising.  Most of the action is still in green though.  There is equipment available through the villages and through Storm trader and troops and resources from trader are I think as normal.  There was an alliance ruby offer yesterday.  

Some alliances came as alliances and others are more diverse.  It has been good mixing with players from other servers and there are definitely different styles of play.  Google Translate is working overtime.  

There was a general expectation that players would take the "What happens in Berimond stays in Berimond" approach but sadly in terms of En1 that doesn't seem to be happening but remain hopefully alliance leaders can sort something out on that front as my understanding is top alliance on US server are adopting that approach at least based on what the players in my alliance have said.  I personally don't feel players who hit you successfully in another event should be penalised for that in your main server when you can improve and get them back in the Event server.  But things may have changed there.  
    Batten @ en 1
    Essentially GGE have held back from unrestricted purchases of ruby troops instead they are providing unlimited numbers of coin troops.  Coins can be bought by rubies instead of being earned by loot.  The troops are higher quality than can be recruited Berserkers and Spearwomen and basically wealthy players can just keep buying them and sending attacks whilst open gates themselves limiting attacks to one every couple of hours.  Only way to combat them is to buy defence, open yourself or burn.  It's another direct GGE intervention which changes way game is being played.  Realistically they should put in place some sort of limit or cap or one or two players at right level could just wipe the board. It's the same for everyone but it does feel like they are periodically trying to reset the board and devalue level differences.  But we all face the same challenges so we keep doing the best we can.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • I have been wanting to ask this, but what is the point of getting tickets during the event if you can not even use them? There is no "spinning wheel" in the event currently, but I have seen tickets from both vip mode and the mercenary camp during the Outer Realms event which I think is funny, because the spinning wheel is not available yet in the event. I also noticed a lack of feathers and technicus in the event as well. 
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    I have been wanting to ask this, but what is the point of getting tickets during the event if you can not even use them? There is no "spinning wheel" in the event currently, but I have seen tickets from both vip mode and the mercenary camp during the Outer Realms event which I think is funny, because the spinning wheel is not available yet in the event. I also noticed a lack of feathers and technicus in the event as well. 

Poorly designed event, just like many other things in this game.
    Instead of taking their time developing and planning the Outer Realms, they rushed it and threw all planning and logic out of the window. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

edited 08.10.2018
    I have been wanting to ask this, but what is the point of getting tickets during the event if you can not even use them? There is no "spinning wheel" in the event currently, but I have seen tickets from both vip mode and the mercenary camp during the Outer Realms event which I think is funny, because the spinning wheel is not available yet in the event. I also noticed a lack of feathers and technicus in the event as well. 

Poorly designed event, just like many other things in this game.
    Instead of taking their time developing and planning the Outer Realms, they rushed it and threw all planning and logic out of the window. 
    I agree that it is poorly designed. Plus, if they added in the spinning wheel into the event would it be the new spinning wheel or the old spinning wheel? Would there even be a point to using the spinning wheel in the Outer Realms?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    I will say this much that the Phoenix Knight in particular at least currently because of the way it was designed would not be needed in the "Outer Realms" since there are no side events in the "Outer Realms" event itself. And so, in theory if there was actually going to be spinning wheel it would have to be different in Outer Realms than on the main server if there is never going to be any side events and/or invasions in the Outer Realms. Or, perhaps the tickets should be removed entirely from the event "IF" they are not needed and "IF" there is never going to be a spinning wheel in the Outer Realms, but regardless the event is definitely poorly designed like what you pointed out and some big changes to the event I think that still need to be made for more improvement. (As for the other two I have commented a lot about them already, but I am just simply giving out some more examples of important things that are missing from the event.)
    David Noble @ usa 1
    I find it very laborious, and frankly speaking it takes a lot of time away from my main account, and to slog to build your castles up , only to get it wiped every 20 days, not for me again. 
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • I find it very laborious, and frankly speaking it takes a lot of time away from my main account, and to slog to build your castles up , only to get it wiped every 20 days, not for me again. 
    My thoughts exactly. Right now I'm committed to this round but second round..... idk, too labor intensive.Was nice to talk to some guys from us1 for a while though.

-Z
    zeque @ skn 1
  • yup, 50k of coins and voila.
    zeque @ skn 1
    So day ...in the Big Brother house.  At least that is how it is starting to feel.  A helpful quest offering 4500 XP for every 36,000 glory you achieve.  This elicited a bout of glory farming where players were less interested in winning attacks and more interested in how much glory they could milk from other players.  Effectively players bought rubies and then used those rubies to buy coins which in turn were turned into Berserkers and Spearwomen.  These troops were available to all levels and were offset by Kingsguard also becoming available to counter them and again these troops had be bought as Capitals whilst owned by alliances require a level of development that is difficult to achieve within the timescale so whilst they are available in game we can't utilise them for troops as yet - Metro's same issue.  So you have a situation which massively favoured ruby buyers and flipped scoring.  I defended a lot of attacks maybe thirty from one player across all realms but eventually after 10 hours or so of my screen being painted red I caved and opened so I could get a cup of tea and something to eat.  Even then you can be hit to starve troops which clearly slows players up.  These are understandable tactics but I would say clearly replicate the problem in the main game developers don't stand back and lack things develop they interfere and change the dynamic in a way that lacks sympathy with the game dynamic.  Clearly attacking players would have started to have come into their own in week two and essentially as they caught up to the builders they would have and will change the scoring meaning any outcome was until yesterday possible.  I think the intervention with heroes, troops and glory outside of the normal timescale for in game account development really just ensures tow or three attacking players will win. 

Given you can't predict designer inspired chaos you can only really play with an evolving strategy it is hard to plan, as you can do everything right and they'll just flip the board and you'll be back to square one.  And given some players will invest money it's only fair they should be aware of the financial risk.  It was a game at the beginning where you could work a strategy like Fast Start, Sprint Finish. Today we have no mantlets at all so you have to build them which most players need to loot resources to build and given few are developed enough it is going to be quiet which again is presumably the plan.   

I'm not sure that for all the hard work and all the looting the designers will respect the principle of what you put in you get out, they can't seem to get past what you pay for you will be gifted in spades even if you done nothing to deserve it.  Having played the original as it developed what Outer Realms highlights is just how good the design was originally and just how bad with constant interventions and interference in gameplay it has become subsequently. The lack of game flow and logic, features being active that you can't access Queens and Shadow King quests are just indicative of a lack of process and a flawed execution.  It has had it's moments but it's just too expensive to seriously consider playing regularly.  Once maybe but unless designers stay on the sidelines it is a waste of time and money.  There was absolutely nothing wrong with the initial approach and changing it reflects a lack of courage.  
    Batten @ en 1
    edited 08.10.2018
    Not to mention the difficulty in increasing alliance size and support speed as well. Now I did see a 100% offer for the alliance once, but only once. I also noticed as well that unless if a player reaches level 25 or buys rubies a player can not even donate rubies and so my suggestion is either A. make it a lot easier to level up to 25 and beyond even for the non ruby buyers especially since it is a limited time event, B. significantly increase the frequency of the 100% alliance offers for when buying rubies, C. which I think may be less likely to happen is to remove any level limit for donating rubies towards the alliance just for the event, or D. make a combination for the examples I had just mentioned (but not necessarily all 3 at the same time). I have noticed for example that there are still some players who want to join my alliance, but we are currently stuck at only 19 and support speed also needs to be increased as well which only 20% speed may not be enough to support another player even if the other player is close which you can make an enemy possibly if a player is kicked out even if that player is or was far away.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    each new event should start with the median player from the previous event's castle, eq, and coins.
    Would help jump-start the event better.

Side note why run the tutorial? Every player joining the Outer Realms already knows what's going on. Pull the tutorial and at least give everyone a starter level 20 castle; jeez.
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • Having read this i'm glad i didn't contemplate joining due to time issues - just being cynical - could this be a test run with the intention of merging servers as the player numbers have deminished ?
    dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 8 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)
    taking a more relaxed role:-)
    PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    Marti continues to lead and the gap widened to 4 days with 12 days of competition remaining.  Open gates mean that players cannot have their buildings set on fire so strategically can and is being used to sustain a top score.  Whilst a lot of players are making gradual progress it is difficult to bridge gaps quickly.  Hitting players to create burning building to reduce number of buildings which count is clearly tougher for more developed players and reasonably for those players who wish to have a chance of winning a degree of strategy has to come into play.  Do they band together to try and collectively take out the top player who is building a winning gap and in five days cannot be caught or do they continue to do their own thing separately in the hope of out building a player who has out built them to that point.  If a player takes a lead the key thing to stay competitive is to hit them down quicker so they can't build a lead in days won.  The more days ahead they get early the harder that is to haul back later.  As you get into level 70 plus you get into HOL and resource intensive builds.  There are still only 2 players at level 70 at this stage and I think 9 50-69 so the winner unless something changes rapidly is likely to come from those players if the top player stays ahead.  If he is caught then it opens the field up again.  But with the gap jumping from 2 to 4 days Marti is in a strong position.  Lead by Amr Kingdom of Neph is holding off the second ranked German alliance Royal Dragons in Might but in Power a French alliance featuring Ardien is ahead. 

My view currently is that more titles and stats would help retain interest.  I think there should be additional titles like for Storm given based on alliance or individual performance carrying to the next event.  So Storm Lord for most forts destroyed or islands captured.  Dragon Slayer most dragon fortreses taken down, Lord of Loot for highest loot score that type of thing.  I like hit of the day as well or maybe Champagne moment nominated by players and picked by the forum.  Google Translate probably deserver an honorary mention for services above and beyond.  The different playing styles do make it more challenging but a good challenge.  You win the thing you deserve it.   
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.