Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: The Outer Realms - First official run!

Comments

• try changing the server in the log in screen - I managed to find the first trial one - still not found where the new actual one is hiding.

brian the bold @ en 1
  • I am noob (AU1)I am noob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 25
    The server is way too big. GGE says that there is a limit to the amount of people they're letting in onto the server but there is already more than 20k people. Its flooding the whole map. They should also either give us more troops, lower the amount of gold for the troops to train, the time for the troops to train or just decrease the amount of defence troops inside rts and metropolises. I spied on one and it has around 600 veteran defence troops. You can cap the metro at level 35 but it's hard for a non-ruby player like me to even get up to level 10.  It took me a 3 hour run nonestop. Then there's the over powered players on the server just because they pool in all the money inside the test server. I mean, why do that? The event goes for only 30 days and the po items are good, but you can get them just as good if you get the top alliance reward for nomads or sams and put them in the fusion forge (I still don't get how the forge works tho). The only good thing I see about the server is that the rubies that you buy or acquire inside the server gets transferred to your main castle. In my opinion that is a good way for non-ruby players to gain some free rubies by not doing much at all.

Btw how do you get the little words and pics below every msg you post?
    F2p doing daily grinds, I'm bad at the game as well.
    Deputy for Midnight Crown and member of Storm Cloaks

• got started the first day but now link to outer realms does not work just takes me back to my main game
  • Kage (ASIA1)Kage (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,943
    The server is way too big. GGE says that there is a limit to the amount of people they're letting in onto the server but there is already more than 20k people. Its flooding the whole map. They should also either give us more troops, lower the amount of gold for the troops to train, the time for the troops to train or just decrease the amount of defence troops inside rts and metropolises. I spied on one and it has around 600 veteran defence troops. You can cap the metro at level 35 but it's hard for a non-ruby player like me to even get up to level 10.  It took me a 3 hour run nonestop. Then there's the over powered players on the server just because they pool in all the money inside the test server. I mean, why do that? The event goes for only 30 days and the po items are good, but you can get them just as good if you get the top alliance reward for nomads or sams and put them in the fusion forge (I still don't get how the forge works tho). The only good thing I see about the server is that the rubies that you buy or acquire inside the server gets transferred to your main castle. In my opinion that is a good way for non-ruby players to gain some free rubies by not doing much at all.

Btw how do you get the little words and pics below every msg you post?
    20k is big?
    Bruh, have you seen DE1?
    That server has 100k+ players.... 20k is enough, and also, less players > more easy to take the rewards.. so?
    Be happy that you have access to the event... my server is not even playin :))

And yea.. the event is kinda boring... better if it was a bit of a "fast run" mode.... 
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    What's funny though is how the developers are heavily advertising this 124k player cap like they are actually expecting there is going to be so many players there. 

1 day has passed now and only ~25k players have joined the event. 
    I highly doubt it will ever reach the 124k cap. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• BM FujiwaraBM Fujiwara Posts: 575
    and the darn thing now says i am not there despite being there today :( not sure why if it is a bug or not; do any of the mods know?
    Can you give me more details on this one? Where does it say this?
    fujiwara @ en-1
    fujiwara @ us-1

• I will be not doing the outer realms and the fusion process .Waste of time.The Fusion process is too difficult to understand.The outer realms only last 19 days.What a joke,can't they come up with something better than this crap/.
    tyquniaum @ au 1
  • So, I was playing in the outer realms yesterday, played some more this morning.  Now, I can't get back on...says "wrong password".  I'm switching from regular game doing the same thing I did yesterday and this morning.  I searched rankings and cannot find me anywhere.   I'm lost and I can't get in.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,104
    I think that last one Galbraith is the switch to Int1 server at the bottom of the screen again try adjusting it to you US1 server in the drop down menu there are three options and you need server you play on to get back in.  It confused last time as well.  
    Batten @ en 1
    I definitely think there is a bug though I was first in the loot rankings so that just can't be right lol
    Batten @ en 1
    edited 03.10.2018
    So far leader is martijnz from Dutch server.  Who has reached level 65 opening ice storm sandlevel 40 and fire level 45 though you can ruby buy them earlier.  Ardien is second on level 51 and was early leader.  Pro mode ends for most players tomorrow so a lot more combat presumably.  Some alliances have jumped together some have recruited in game.  Biggest is I think 21 players so far.  
    Batten @ en 1
  • STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 204
    edited 03.10.2018
    I like the idea in principle that (A) the server resets every X days and that (B) people from across the world can play each other.

It definitely needs tweaking to encourage interest. There have been some great ideas already suggested like disabling rubies (wont happen will it), disabling alliances or reducing times/increasing loot and prizes.

Personally I think you could also consider

-Increasing length of event. Make it 60 days so people dont get sick of doing the tutorials and restarting every 20 days
    -Allow people to bring back coins, rubies earned (not just bought), tools and event currencies like nomad tabs (if outer realms have them). I think it would increase the amount of players taking it seriously.
    -Somehow make it so you can have the normal game and outer realms open at the same time.
    (edit you can do this already - go to outers then open another tab and go to normal gge)
    -At the very least, improve the prizes. Some dust and 9 goes on the wheel of fortune arent much of a motivation.

I think the event has the potential to re-invigorate interest in the game for some disillusioned players if you actually offer some decent rewards. If you've made too many enemies on your current server, you can make new friends with people from other servers.

And on a side note, the tutorial arrows are glitchy. Sometimes they freeze the game and you cant unfreeze it with the usual zoom in/out trick. you have to refresh the browser.
    Post edited by STEVIEBEANZ (GB1) on
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
    What strikes me is how fast the game is in terms of building to how it was when I started.  It took me literally years to do something in this event that can be done in days now for some players a bit longer for others.  The Dutch player made level 70 today and German alliances look like they are starting to get into gear.  Stevie makes some good points.  

It's a retro with a twist.  Your applying modern game mechanics to something for many of us we were seeing for the first time.  There is definitely an element of players technique improving and there are different strategies in there.  With the Shapeshifter mechanic used in the scoring getting in early and pushing hard early looks a sensible move.  

Batten @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    What strikes me is how fast the game is in terms of building to how it was when I started.  It took me literally years to do something in this event that can be done in days now for some players a bit longer for others.  The Dutch player made level 70 today and German alliances look like they are starting to get into gear.  Stevie makes some good points.  

It's a retro with a twist.  Your applying modern game mechanics to something for many of us we were seeing for the first time.  There is definitely an element of players technique improving and there are different strategies in there.  With the Shapeshifter mechanic used in the scoring getting in early and pushing hard early looks a sensible move.  

Yeah you bet I found a loophohle in the system already to easily get points :D works smiliar to the deco double technique in basic concept

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) US1 Posts: 978
    The daily point collection, SHOULD BE 24hrs AFTER the event starts, NOT AT MIDNIGHT(+/- and hour) GERMAN TIME as that would be fair to all servers as that would mean everybody would have had an opportunity to play during their prime playing hours before the first daily points are awarded.  As it is, many servers did not have this opportunity, thus putting them at a disadvantage in the scoring system.

I realise that it won't matter to most people, but for those near the top/bottom of a prize range it could be the difference between getting the better prize or not since it looks like making up points in the overall is not going to be easy.
  • leticiaklk (BR1)leticiaklk (BR1) Posts: 4
    edited 04.10.2018
    to go back to the old castle it's necessary to change the server
    does this and the end of looping 
  • king24 (IN1)king24 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 177
    A 3 minute fire repair costs more than 400 rubies??????

Live and enjoy your life to the fullest. 

Proud member of  UAL  -IN 1

It doesn't get any more closer than this :P 
    http://prntscr.com/hda8dz

• I joined the outer area. Alot of people are having issues entered. I usually get in on the 3rd or 4th try. Some whom I am grouped with over there have quit because they can't enter. 
     Its boring. It takes way too long to level up rbt and do any given task for such a short term event.
    There are too many ruby offers and I've been hit twice now by people with commanders such as The Bloodsucker.  Thats fine, its a war game, I get it. But it just makes it yet another ruby whale way of winning more rewards that many of us have no chance of competing against. 
    Most of my rubies disappeared day 2. Only a few hundred, not a big deal as I highly doubt the ruby transfer to my main account would go off without a hitch, but still...
    and then theres this issue. Its taking me over 30 minutes to heal ONE troop? 
    http://prntscr.com/l25nx6
    and so low on coins cant make too many more troops . Low on coins because it takes rbt hours to level up...
    no fun.

Queen NunYa @ usa 1
  • sboy777 (US1)sboy777 (US1) US1 Posts: 140
    Super FAIL

I cannot get into it again after the first day when I was in.. besides it being a huge waste of time.. it is preventing me from getting back into main acct. Yes, I changed the server back to USA1.. still having problems. Guess I wont be spending $ on the end of samies.

thanks
    smalls
    sboy777 @ usa 1
  • Samifer (US1)Samifer (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    1. Eliminate the beginner tutorial script, everybody using this feature is already a player of the game.  I can't believe I have to suggest this.
    2. Make this feel like an actual EVENT, not merely plugging in another server that is running a copy of the game we're already playing, and pretending it's something new.
    3. Maybe put a team of your top programmers, with a manager and everything, in charge of the subroutine of "getting the link between the 2 servers to work."

I'll leave these here as low hanging fruit, there's a ton more that might make this 'event' better, but I'm smh so much right now I can't see my monitor enough to type it all out.
Sign In to comment.