We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: Outer Realms - Ranking points & Rewards

2»

Comments

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 728NL1
    This game has not done much to keep my interest in it lately. The number of active players around my main had dropped to about a tenth of what it was a year ago. Guess they lost interest also. Most updates don't work correctly at first and you have a test server!  Use the test server for what you have it for to test things!!!!!!! There are 4 main events that are actually 2 events because they are the same events. One is a pig and the other is a pig with lipstick on. Every time GGS tries to add an event or something they announce it, try to start it than find out it has lots of bugs. Use the test server!!!!!!! I miss the game that I started playing. 
    same here

" Every time GGS tries to add an event or something they announce it," it sound like the ninethe worldwonder and then all you see is a copy:)   
    flug @ nl 1
  • AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) Posts: 320US1
    Why does it take 10 days after the event to receive rewards? Says in the event description,  "... will receive rewards after 10 days."

Why the delay issuing rewards from the event?
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    AWC (US1) said:
    Why does it take 10 days after the event to receive rewards? Says in the event description,  "... will receive rewards after 10 days."

Why the delay issuing rewards from the event?
    Probably because there are many players from different servers, which i guess is a hard work for gge to credit all the rewards.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• The number of active players around my main had dropped to about a tenth of what it was a year ago. 
    This.
    neuterable, shameless slaughterer of peasants, collector of princesses and fan of homestuck

α ЯTFM ¿¿¿Want Free $tuff??? Then Go Write Santa a Letter ЯTFM Ω
  • i didn't even get my rewards wth is this shit
  • Well less than 124 k players. There is a lesson in marketing here. Either sell a few expensive items (Rolls Royce) and remain small or sell a large number of cheaper items and be BIG (VW, Toyota etc.).

It was of course worth going just to pick up the deco, and with minimum effort a decent deco could be had too.

But...

As noted by others, the playing field isn't level in the outer realms, and you can buy yourself a position. The whinge is really about the game. I can happily spend a 4 figure sum a week, but I choose not to, because... ...it is a game. The essence of a game is there is a challenge, so my wits vs the AI and vs other players. 

So the game element is going out of the window. Kit from towers is worthless, there is no need to set up a spreadsheet to figure out combinations (I was very proud of a castellan I had figured, kept the big players at bay for a long time), sets do it for you. Sets can be bought (this affects the outer realm badly, but also the main game) too.

Decorations have suffered similar inflation. PO over 200 was once hard fought for, now the standard is nearer 300 and by sitting in the outer realm levelling up gently, you can grab a PO 400 with ease.

If everything inflated in sync (including lit from towers) then we would be where we used to be - playing a challenging game. But it hasn't. Check out PO of decos in Thorn, Blade, etc. Miserly 205 PO or thereabouts  I had never done Blade, went there the last time and had to laugh. At one point, when I upgraded the boat, the dialog box came up with words relating to crossing  a raging torrent (=Thorn). A telling lack of attention to detail there guys. 

More seriously, these other places, which are solo games, were excellent for getting key pieces of kit. Same with Towers. Juggling the kit to get 90:90 and some combo of moat/wall/gate was fun. You had to think before you attacked. Now, no longer. Towers only handy for food.

Inflation is the problem and I find this is rather ironic, given German nervosity over inflation!

Inflation will kill the game, because the requirement for problem solving is diminishing. Then we will slowly drift off, find another, and perhaps meet up again in a suitably challenging cyber world.

Finally a note on PvP. the Outer Realm highlighted on reason why PvP has declined. With inflation, you get to Level 70 PDQ. Problem: fires take a long, long time to put out. Around level 20, life is easy, you can recruit a full army in no time and put out all fires fast. At level 70, a full set of burning castles takes a while to put right. Repair is one place where there has been no inflation, so another instance of a key part of the game (like towers and kit they yield) being out of sync with the rest of the game.
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    Any info, when next outer realms is coming?
  • outer realm event was boring in my opinion

• This new update coming up for foreigners is outrageous. Instead of fixing the underlying issue which would be only posting castles above 1k troops GGE wants us to spend our hard earned coins, tablets and rubies to get better castles! We are not made of money GGE, you need to make the game more affordable to players again! At this point the only way to succeed in this game is to spend unreasonable amounts of cash. 100 dollars for a couple hours of bonus??? Thats food for a week. You are further alienating your player base and making the choice of quitting the game easier every day. reduce prices, fix underlying problems rather than forcing people to pay for these problems to go away. Bring back PLAY TO WIN rather than PAY TO WIN. 
    Sincerely, 
    a regular ruby buyer who understands which games succeed and which do not
    dtothef @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 21.11.2018
    This new update coming up for foreigners is outrageous. Instead of fixing the underlying issue which would be only posting castles above 1k troops GGE wants us to spend our hard earned coins, tablets and rubies to get better castles! We are not made of money GGE, you need to make the game more affordable to players again! At this point the only way to succeed in this game is to spend unreasonable amounts of cash. 100 dollars for a couple hours of bonus??? Thats food for a week. You are further alienating your player base and making the choice of quitting the game easier every day. reduce prices, fix underlying problems rather than forcing people to pay for these problems to go away. Bring back PLAY TO WIN rather than PAY TO WIN. 
    Sincerely, 
    a regular ruby buyer who understands which games succeed and which do not
    While you may have good points Foreigners and Bloodcrows do not relate to the Outer Realms event and off the subject here which I had noticed you commented about the same subject on other threads too. You do not need to comment your word out everywhere on the forum to get it spread across either. Especially on threads that do not relate to Foreigners and Bloodcrows. That is called derailing.
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.