Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Technical Issues 17/6

Comments

• JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    lmao my computer suffers from the placebo effect.
    >Around the time of the update, my alliancemates were complaining about world map lag. I experienced no lag.
    >Next day, announcement about world map lag, and how to fix it arrives on forums. I read the announcement. About 2 hrs later, suddenly start experiencing lag. I try refreshing, etc. Still laggy.
    >Downgrade flash to v29. Lag is gone.

I know it's not me suffering from a nocebo, as I can tell the difference between 25 fps and 2.5 fps LOL
    Discord: JYT#1574
  • DK Banana (GB1)DK Banana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 83
    Half cured the problem middle of the day by switching browsers and logging off regularly.

Game seems to now be at a standstill - cannot even log on.

I wonder if servers are under some sort of attack....

• solveig (SKN1)solveig (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    I need help for two things.
    First of all I can't understand how it can be Adobes fault, when all other games works perfectly with the new version of Flash Player, help me understand that.
    Second, I'm not an IT genius; but almost always find out things anyway. This time I can't find out how to install the older version of Flash player. I have Windows10 in which flash player is an integrated part, so I can't uninstall the new one.
    Help me, if what you say is right, that GGE is one year behind, I can imagine that it will take them at least two years before they get this version of flash player to work.

solveig @ skn 1
  • Steel 69 (US1)Steel 69 (US1) US1 Posts: 53
    DAM RIGHT ITS EFFECTING ALL..   Have my alliance is not playing as well as my self .. Get the dam thing fixed .. BS 
    Steel 69 @ usa 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) US1 Posts: 283
    lets flood them with tickets 
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    edited 11.06.2018
    It seems like some browsers has flash built in, which means if you are running the latest version of your browser, it is likely that you are also stuck with the latest version of flash. I found this to be the case with chrome which is the browser which i am using. 

For those who are still having issues and using chrome browser.. Try this.. 

1. Uninstall flash player completely, go and download flash player version 26.0.0.137, install this version.. 
    https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

2. Uninstall chrome and wipe all the data completely and then download and install an older version of chrome, i am running version 67.0.3396.79 which is one year old. Google that chrome version and you will find it, not 100% sure if i am allowed to link it here.. 

After you've done all this, everything should work flawless again. At least it did so for me. 

Just keep in mind that step 2 will delete and wipe all your saved data in chrome, make sure you backup your important data so that you can restore it later. 

I can confirm the ver 26 Flash projector worked for me since yesterday..its a bit more cumbersome and seems a little foggy but its a good SHORT TERM fix..as an aside what happens if you take your older flash player version back a bit?..i.e. how does it affect other sites?
    Post edited by Shares (AU1) on
    Shares @ au 1
  • Willy Tell (US1)Willy Tell (US1) US1 Posts: 113

FIX THIS LAG

SWISSCHEESE48 @ usa 1
  • shillo (INT1)shillo (INT1) INT1 Posts: 31

For anyone who is interested, i used to use Chrome browser for the game and i didn't manage to follow the adobe flasher instructions for adding Flash Player 29 on Chrome. So i just changed browser to Internet Explorer, uninstalled flash player from my pc completely and then downloaded Flash Player 29. Now i have 0 lag using it and the game runs smooth all the time. Anyone having problems could try it.

Cheers!

• LeWatcher (US1)LeWatcher (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    edited 11.06.2018

Why dont you, set all food stop, ????? And fix the problem. ?????????

Its a joke playing like this :(

downgrade flash amd it works again and they cannot fix it as for once it is not their fault but flash's
    Now that was the best joke I've heard all day.  Must be from walking around upside down all day.
  • Soul4Life2 (NL1)Soul4Life2 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 335

downgrade flash amd it works again and they cannot fix it as for once it is not their fault but flash's
    If you believe the explanation from GGE on the flashproblem. I have some swampland for sale in Florida...........LOL
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • time this lag was fixed now if it stopped us getting rubies from you it would fixed by now don't put it on flash  fix it or remove your last update it that easy
    itismetoday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • AD 999 (US1)AD 999 (US1) US1 Posts: 47
    Words lose me on how much this lag will come back to possibly hurt me in the season event and more. please fix this lag :(
  • Poison (AU1)Poison (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    May sound stupid but try using Internet Explorer. 
    On Chrome I too have extrememe lag, but on Internet Explorer there is little to no lag at all.
    “We are especially proud of all the players who have been with us for many years. With over 250 content updates since the game launched in 2011, we have obviously kept the fun factor high.” GGE
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 11.06.2018
    I have been a software engineer for 35 years.  Almost every single piece of information that GGE fed us in their "explanation" is a blatant misrepresentation, "fake news" and just out right BS and lies.

The game worked just fine with no lag issues with the current version of Flash right up until GGE released the update and THEN it starts to lag... but it's Flash's fault?

GGE's explanation:

"After we took a deeper look into the situation we encountered that the current and new version of the Flash Player is responsible for causing those issues. This means that the new Flash Player Version 30 is the reason for said performance issues. 

Because this is a problem which has to be fixed by Adobe themselves we currently cannot fix anything on a technical side by ourselves, but we know that the problems do not occur with the Flash Player Version 29! "

Flash Player is NOT responsible for causing these issues.  The quality of your code is causing these issues and what kind of developer blames another company for their lack of skill and crappy code?  That version of Flash worked fine until the update. The Flash version was released a month ago today with NO issues. So, what did you code poorly in the update?  Flash didn't change yesterday, your update did.

That part, I think is just lazy.. but the part about "we currently cannot fix anything on a technical side by ourselves" and it has to be fixed by Adobe.  LIES, that is just flat out lie.  There is ZERO truth to that statement.  If you rolled back the update, it would work. Examine your code that is causing the issue with Flash and modify your code accordingly.  It worked before the update... what lines of code did YOU add that CAN be "FIXED" by you.

We've had issues in the past with greed, pop-ups, changes so you make more money off rubies, pretty much just all capitalism at it's finest (worst?).  But this time, it's just blatant lies to your customers. You are not taking responsibility for something you guys screwed up and are now blaming on someone else.  Last I checked, Adobe/Flash didn't add any lines of code to your update.. you did.

Shame on you and your developers... go home and tell your kids how proud you are of the work you did yesterday and the excuses you came up with today.

SMH Lew
    While I totally agree that this game code is crap, nothing but utter crap, but at the same time if you wanna call out fake news, you shall check your own source.

Adobe Flash Player 30 was released on June 7, 2018. So it was indeed changed "yesterday" (from your post time perspective). I immediately notice the lag performance in the world map (take about 15 min. after login, seems to be consistent, the first 10-15 min after login are fine) as soon as I update the flash plugins on my FireFox (I have set the update to:  Notify me, so the update was not done in the background). And people that has rolled out their plugins back to v29 do not has this particular lag (of course there are other lag, but not this particular world map lag). My other PC that still has v29 also doesn't have this particular lag.

The essence of your post, I can relate the frustration completely as I've been trashing GGS Developers all the times, but please do NOT use fake use to call out other's fake news, because it dilutes the point you want to make that the game code just a product of gutter.
  • no to part 2 of the update on the 14th  until you fix the cock up from part 1 of the update
    itismetoday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LV 70 @ en 1
  • solveig (SKN1)solveig (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
    I just hope that GGE looks more on their earnings than the game, since I doubt that very many is going to buy Bonus for a game that can't be played, and then I guess they will be busy fixing it
    solveig @ skn 1
  • linne (SKN1)linne (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 16
    try to make flash from 8 bit to 16 bit and see if it helps
  • lol, down to playing the game as recommended by GGS on the flash 26 shell. Everything is fine except for a few freeze ups every so often. GGS making funny decisions and making us play on old software.

Will the lag be ever fixed so i can play on my broswers again?

- Warrior, AU1
    "In my life, when you find people who need your help, you help them no matter what."

- Warrior8838, AU1
    - Metal Deputy

• EdMohrmann (US1)EdMohrmann (US1) US1 Posts: 127

Still using IE here, no lag issues

EdMohrmann @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file