Home Technical Assistance

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Technical Issues 17/6

Comments

• transistor (SKN1)transistor (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 32
    do not think it depends on which one is using, it's all too many players who have the same problem, it's like running the game in syrup, if there was a problem other than what web browser you're using, so many people would not have the same problem, this came after the last update
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,040
    it is because of the newest flash version it seems on older versions it runs better.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 08.06.2018
    Downgrading flash didn't fix anything, game is still running horribly bad since that new update

@BM ang1243

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,172
    no change for me GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • And this is why I never let flash update ladies and gents, lol

H T M L 5
    H Y P E
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • A.J.S (INT3)A.J.S (INT3) INT3 Posts: 180
    hitman shitty lag
    Just playing for the fun of burning others  :p
  • lmao

• TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 08.06.2018
    Nope!

Downgrading a Browser plugin is never a good option just because the LaZy guys from Good Game Game just do not adapt game to new releases of flash platform..

And, it also does not work good in browser flash 29 plugin..

So i have some Adobe Flash Projector to run independently, and test it all.. from the latest to some old versions..

And it just seems that things run smoothly like a baby on this 26 version of flash projector:

You can download this old specific projector from here _it leads to an adobe download link_  :

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35565

So basically this is the truth:
     the game only runs good on a flash version that was released one year ago..
    So time to wake good game developers and others.. no..
    how nice it is to blame other people.. they just show work daily basis while you all keep on dreaming in the seagulls world..

ps
    you have to click bottom of page were says : free download adobe flash player - download adobe flash player projector 26
    or if you prefer here direct link to adobe download

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/26/flashplayer_26_sa.exe

hope it helps..

And, it case you do not know here is link to the game to play in the independent flash projector.

https://media.goodgamestudios.com/games/empire/goodgameempire.swf

You click on file, then open and put game page..
    Careful cause it puts you on local server and if you are in another just have to choose..

Post edited by TwistedMind (GB1) on

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn
  • Flash is NOT the problem!! Fix the damn game people. I can't view any pages without it causing horrible lag in game.
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,075
    That's the problem do why are they constantly adding more 'content' when they know flash is a dying programme faster transition to html the better I'd rather them put the game into maintenance for 2-3 days straight if that means some long standing bugs be fixed but knowing them all they care about is people consistently spending no matter how much their game is broken 
    Imperius @EN1
    Musks

Baby Yoda @US1
    Gen of AX 

• Love you too sweetie :D
  • I have been a software engineer for 35 years.  Almost every single piece of information that GGE fed us in their "explanation" is a blatant misrepresentation, "fake news" and just out right BS and lies.

The game worked just fine with no lag issues with the current version of Flash right up until GGE released the update and THEN it starts to lag... but it's Flash's fault?

GGE's explanation:

"After we took a deeper look into the situation we encountered that the current and new version of the Flash Player is responsible for causing those issues. This means that the new Flash Player Version 30 is the reason for said performance issues. 

Because this is a problem which has to be fixed by Adobe themselves we currently cannot fix anything on a technical side by ourselves, but we know that the problems do not occur with the Flash Player Version 29! "

Flash Player is NOT responsible for causing these issues.  The quality of your code is causing these issues and what kind of developer blames another company for their lack of skill and crappy code?  That version of Flash worked fine until the update. The Flash version was released a month ago today with NO issues. So, what did you code poorly in the update?  Flash didn't change yesterday, your update did.

That part, I think is just lazy.. but the part about "we currently cannot fix anything on a technical side by ourselves" and it has to be fixed by Adobe.  LIES, that is just flat out lie.  There is ZERO truth to that statement.  If you rolled back the update, it would work. Examine your code that is causing the issue with Flash and modify your code accordingly.  It worked before the update... what lines of code did YOU add that CAN be "FIXED" by you.

We've had issues in the past with greed, pop-ups, changes so you make more money off rubies, pretty much just all capitalism at it's finest (worst?).  But this time, it's just blatant lies to your customers. You are not taking responsibility for something you guys screwed up and are now blaming on someone else.  Last I checked, Adobe/Flash didn't add any lines of code to your update.. you did.

Shame on you and your developers... go home and tell your kids how proud you are of the work you did yesterday and the excuses you came up with today.

SMH Lew
    https://prnt.sc/jsobs0
    Tony Burton @ usa 1
  • Tony Burton (US1)Tony Burton (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    edited 08.06.2018
    Tony Burton @ usa 1
  • I have been in computers since before the intel 8086 processor.  Back then you had to write good code as you may have had only 64k or 128k to work with.  It had to be good.

It is nothing but bloated code and crappy coding.  Maybe even lazy writers.

As the saying goes "they are milking the cash cow" for as long as they can.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • TwistedMind (GB1)TwistedMind (GB1) Posts: 309
    edited 08.06.2018
    Flash is NOT the problem!! Fix the damn game people. I can't view any pages without it causing horrible lag in game.
    Use the Adobe Flash Player Projector i posted above..
    It works independently, and you can surf the net with your usual browser without any interference to one another..

Adobe Flash Player Projector 26 is the one then uses less memory and CPU usage..

And, in contrast to what is stated above by some..
    The lag is not only from now.. after this update...
    It was already there.. Every "heavy duty player" knows lag was always present for some time before.. if you do search for specific forts in storm, and towers in green and realms.. plus events... you know lag was there and had to refresh or relog from time to time..

Yes, since update things become much more worst and more frequent..
    But problem was already there..

And tell you more..
    Things never worked that fine since flash 30 update..
    Been testing flash projector 30 since its Beta release and it never worked fine with the game... so nothing new at all that things with flash 30 plugin were not going to be fine sooner or later..

But to clarify, yes it is games developer fault.. as i said above in first place..
    And lag was already before with flash plugin 29 before... but, i guess from what i see this was only noticeable by few only..

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--XyQ7zT-V--c_fitfl_progressiveq_80w_636d840ldmbc8smsqrrdxyvgif
                          @MarchOfTheDamn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file