Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GGE will not change and US1 server thoughts

First off I see I have been playing for 6+ years so been around awhile for some background.

First thought is that you all need to understand that GGE is not going to change no matter what you all say 99% of the time.

The game used to be fun but once GGE saw how they could get $ from events that was the path they would take.  So of course more and more events came and has been on a repeat cycle for years.  Along with the events more and more pop ups for buying opportunties of course happened.

It has been 2 years with nothing really new added for interest.  Only thing new is alot of bugs.  ShapeShifters is ok at best but still serverely flawed.

Also most of side stuff like Blade Coast has been removed because of so called bugs.  Well there is no bugs people.  It is that these side events did not produce any real $ for GGE.

Bugs is just a easy way for GGE to kill something.

So do not expect any of them back.  It's just not going to happen.  It's not even on there roadmap if they even have one of them.  I am not sure they are even really working on the HTML5 recoding.

As for the US server, like other servers it is on a slow death sprial.  You can track the numbers and it goes down bit by bit most months on active users.  If you could remove the alts and multis it would look not healthy at all.

Only thing keeping it going is the top 10 - 15 alliances and their rubie buying.  Well good for them and I wish them well on there 20th or 30th Nomad or Sami deco.

But with the way the top are killing off both good and some marginal players they will at some point have to go after each other.

The only reason neither KoN or Misc side won the never ending war is you had stubborn rubie buyers vs other stubborn rubie buyers.  It was a no win for either side after about 1 year.  They were just willing to buy more and more troops or such.

As for me once I hit HoL 550 I am done.  I treat this "game" like any other.  There is a endpoint and HoL 550 is it.  Going from LL 551 to 800 really gets you nothing.

In case you wonder why it is taking me so long to get to 550 it is that I am a very very little rubie buyer.  I have spent about $125 total in 6 years and that seems a fair number for this game.  I am sure they will not miss my $20 a year much.

So good luck to all and I will go under long term bird with the rubies I earned over the years working the towers and such.  I may check in every 4 or 6 months to see what "Exciting New" stuff has been added.  If it's nothing I will not be suprised either on that front.

Good luck to all playing and remember this is a game, not a life.....

Sincerely,
Justinlegoboy
Justinlegoboy @ usa 1

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 09.06.2018
    First off I see I have been playing for 6+ years so been around awhile for some background.

First thought is that you all need to understand that GGE is not going to change no matter what you all say 99% of the time.

The game used to be fun but once GGE saw how they could get $ from events that was the path they would take.  So of course more and more events came and has been on a repeat cycle for years.  Along with the events more and more pop ups for buying opportunties of course happened.

It has been 2 years with nothing really new added for interest.  Only thing new is alot of bugs.  ShapeShifters is ok at best but still serverely flawed.

Also most of side stuff like Blade Coast has been removed because of so called bugs.  Well there is no bugs people.  It is that these side events did not produce any real $ for GGE.

So do not expect any of them back.  It's just not going to happen.  It's not even on there roadmap if they even have one of them.  I am not sure they are even really working on the HTML5 recoding.

As for the US server, like other servers it is on a slow death sprial.  You can track the numbers and it goes down bit by bit most months on active users.  If you could remove the alts and multis it would look not healthy at all.

Only thing keeping it going is the top 10 - 15 alliances and their rubie buying.  Well good for them and I wish them well on there 20th or 30th Nomad or Sami deco.

But with the way the top are killing off both good and some marginal players they will at some point have to go after each other.

The only reason neither KoN or Misc side won the never ending war is you had stubborn rubie buyers vs other stubborn rubie buyers.  It was a no win for either side after about 1 year.  They were just willing to buy more and more troops or such.

As for me once I hit HoL 550 I am done.  I treat this "game" like any other.  There is a endpoint and HoL 550 is it.  Going from LL 551 to 800 really gets you nothing.

In case you wonder why it is taking me so long to get to 550 it is that I am a very very little rubie buyer.  I have spent about $125 total in 6 years and that seems a fair number for this game.  I am sure they will not miss my $20 a year much.

So good luck to all and I will go under long term bird with the rubies I earned over the years working the towers and such.  I may check in every 4 or 6 months to see what "Exciting New" stuff has been added.  If it's nothing I will not be suprised either on that front.

Sincerely,
    Justinlegoboy
    You may have at least some good points, but the thing about HTML5 though. It may kill the game in the long run if GGS does not continue on with their plan to get it. And, what about the other GGS games as well? Will they also need HTML5 as well? It is my assumption that all Goodgame Studios games will need to switch over to HTML5 eventually at some point and not just Goodgame Empire.

As for Blade Coast, Underworld, and Thorn King events those were nothing more than just side events that were completely optional to gain achievement points for and get some nice rewards. Their lame excuse was the issue they had with the rewards thinking that they needed to be improved which I think had more to do with that than because of bugs that should not be too hard for GGS to fix. If you want my honest opinion their was nothing really wrong with the rewards that really needed improvement either besides maybe the equipment and some of the decorations. True that the equipment may not necessarily be the best from these events and the biggest decorations could be very easily replaceable, but everything else about the rewards was fine. Like what you said what it all boils down to about these three events is money and like the Great Tournament, old Alliance Tournament before it being switched to being just an event instead of pvp, and Royal Capital event I think that it is possible that none of the events will ever return back to the game despite the fact that there are still achievement points available for these three events plus the Great Tournament. The reason why is mainly because GGS does not really seem to be all that serious about returning them back and has not confirmed yet either as to when they will be coming back if at all.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • They are not coming back I would even consider betting a bit of real money on it.

As you and I have said.  Unless it produces at least some $$ it is not coming back that I can see.

I agree they were nice side events and fun to do once a year or 2.  Sure the rewards were not up to date but still was a fun thing to do for a few days.

As for HTLM5 at some point either they will shut down this game or try and get everyone to move to a more modern one they have.

Also to blame flash 30 is just plain wrong.  This game has had bugs and lags even before that latest version.  

There code I am sure is so bloated now there is no way they will spend the $ to really fix it right.

Also to upgrade rewards it really not that hard in the code. You just insert the new updated code to the program.  But again there code is so bad that they may not even know exactly where the code is to do it.  Some of these events were started 4 or 5 years ago we are taking about.

So I continue my quest for another 21 HoL levels then take a long long nap from the game. For all I know next time I log in after I do this GGE may not even be here.

Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Same here.
    Well, we have seen some player requested changes... (SOME).... and the game has certainly changed a bit over the years.
    They ain't doing this for charity.
    Khan Camp system? 
    There were bugs, HOWEVER, GGS sees no need to fix them and get the events back up.  They were kind of useless by that time anyway, without a complete overhaul.
    You ever tried to kill a cockroach?  Tough little bastards.
    Probably not, but meh, those events were redundant.
    Get back to me when we are smaller than ASIA 1
    More the merrier.
    Have you seen KoN lately?
    Which probably had GGS jizzing every time they looked at their bank statements.
    Except a closer jumping off point for whenever they release the next level cap boost.
    I've spent $0 in 6 years, and I know people who have gotten to LL800 without rubies in ~3 years.  I just have a life, so I don't level up very fast.
    Can I have your RVs?
    Unless you make it your life, like some people have.
    Sincerely,
    Justinlegoboy
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Hey HGE nice comments.

On the side events they were not that bad.  Was a nice distraction once a year.  But they made no real $ so was easy to kill. 

As for KoN yes I know them well.  I was a KoN'er myself for a years.  Know many of them from years past.  Like you confirmed they along with DT and Misc keep the $$ flowing to GGE from the US server.  Let us non buyers play.  But I treat this like any other game and I mean by that is there is a end point.  For me that is HoL 550.  

As for updating HOL to higher levels they have not said a word about going from 550 to 700 or 800.  So with their pace of updating maybe one day but not anytime soon.

They have also said zip about HTML5 for Empire.  Last official word I think was late this year.  But really no updates I can find.

As for Kahn revenge rage that is just a paste on to Normal Kahn.  Once you upgrade your food via tokens not much else worth to use on in my opinion.  Sure it is ok but that is not a NEW event or say a new land.
    Justinlegoboy @ usa 1
  • I know this thread has long since been active, but if any of the original posters are still active in the game, I would like to get an opinion on what has changed and if you believe it is for the better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file