Favourite Moments

Have to saying really liking this.  Well done Princepate representing for the up and coming alliances.  What is happening in GB1?  Where have all the big guys gone US1???
Batten @ en 1

Comments

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    @Batten (GB1)  You have a nice account over there :)

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    I understand that a lot of top guys have had problems logging on for some reason so this a brief intermission before normal service is resumed.  Weather is also really good in UK at present really warm and lot of sunshine:)  I benefitted from time with TRT who help me step it up a bit and shared a few trade secrets.  

But on the theme of a few of my favourite things I thought Maurice made a spectacular debut on the Twitch Channel this morning.  It was perhaps a defining moment for facial hair everywhere.  This is definitely a top ten beard and I will be pushing for the art team to immortalise it in an in game artifact  I have a beard but this is on a whole other level, no chance of competing with that game over.  I'm not sure whether Beard Envy is a thing but I feel Maurice needs his own thread on forum on which he gives grooming tips.  Nice work GGE  ;)  

Batten @ en 1
    It's like Beardvana has to be the highlight of 2018 so far unless someone has something to top it???
    Batten @ en 1
  • msantos29 (GB1)msantos29 (GB1) Posts: 81GB1
    edited 18.05.2018
     I benefitted from time with TRT who help me step it up a bit and shared a few trade secrets.  

Did they tell you to save your effort for tomorrow so that you get points for both Sams and alliance Tournament?

It's like Beardvana has to be the highlight of 2018 so far unless someone has something to top it???
    i have two:

1) the fact that a player with your level is upgrading resource buildings

2) the fact that you are sharing your team chat where it seems you are making arrangements of some sort with gondor  (not condoning anything)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6025127/uploads/editor/wa/4oyjfu3jhvhi.jpg
    Post edited by msantos29 (GB1) on
    In terms of the first point, it's different in a small alliance we don't have the luxury of taking a day off we have to push hard all the time or we don't make the top twenty our effort should be consistent dependent on availability,  We don't have the option of rotating between players and honestly we aren't winning the alliance tournament so it isn't something we focus on.  We only have 30 players to choose from and at any time some will be inactive or unavailable -same for any alliance clearly - just has more of an impact when your numbers are fewer so we have to work harder to get into the top twenty when competing against 60 plus player alliances.  Our players range from level 36 to level 70 so we by necessity take a different approach. We rank 30 in Power and 40 in Honour so we set our expectations accordingly and enjoy our successes even if they are fleeting.  It's about showing our players what's possible to achieve in the future by continuing to work towards it rather than necessarily achieving something now.  TRT taught me to test my limits and then extend them for which I'm grateful.  I'm at least a little less rubbish at FI as a result.  

If you are asking whether we consider contributing to the efforts of the server in Fury's Blade for the benefit of our player base or competing for just our alliance in the alliance tournament to be of greater value then I'd probably choose the former if it can benefit our allies and other players on our server.  There are a lot of ex-Syndicate players, current, ex and future allies out there who could benefit and whilst we may be opponents at times there are also times where our interests align and on those occasions it's fun to work towards a shared goal.  Old Berimond the original one was very much like that I always enjoyed that experience interserver stuff reminds me of that.  I hoped the GB1 inter-alliance forum might have coordinated our efforts as a server but I can see why that may be challenging.  But given alliances that didn't historically get on did work together in Berimond so I'd have thought it would be possible or rather I hope it is.  If En1 /GB1 wants to be competitive in attracting the best players then we have to compete against other servers and performing well in interserver events seems to me to be one way we can show players that coming to our server gives them the chance to be successful meet and compete with some great people and have fun.  That's why I think it's important if we keep losing good players particularly to the US at present and servers after the drain to Asia1 then my worry is we'll hit a downward spiral which would be a shame because En1 is my only server and I like many of those I've played with want the best for it.  I think we are better than 17th clearly I'm biased though.  

Summer taught me that my PO is woefully inadequate so yes I understand your point in terms of the resource buildings but it is worth bearing in mind I've always been a resource player, I played for two years more or less without rubies and didn't buy XP until towards tail end of the 800 levels so I'm on a different strategy I always have been.  I work three jobs so my time is inconsistent I need a steady source of resources to balance the fact that I can't loot to the same level.  As a senior player I also need more resources to support the development of my players and to help put out fires.  When they have all grown up and can loot enough to allow me to enjoy a life of leisure I imagine I may change strategy.  But from my perspective I have been as high as 3rd in the loot rankings whilst on a resource strategy and have won Berimond (old and new), Nomads, Samurai Invasion, WOF, both Colossus and some nobilities whilst hampered by comparatively dire PO and with a lot less troops as a result.  So considering I'm not really that strong a player I don't do too badly on my strategy I guess. 

As far as I'm aware our discussions aren't secret, we are talking to Gondor about how given both alliances have relatively few players we might be able to work together to improve our performance in events.  We aren't that strong on FI/BC whilst they find Nomads / Sams more difficult so we are discussing exchanging players.  We have ex players in Gondor and players we've played with so are trying to support each others development given the difficulty of recruiting players on GB1.  The focus is on sustaining top 20 finishes for rewards.  It isn't anything new really and we normally as an alliance talk about things openly and transparently we don't have inner circles or anything like that or if we do I'm not included in them.  If there are concerns about it then clearly that can be raised with each alliances leadership and we'll listen.  We worked similar things with our allies for some time we had a phase of exchanges with Helghast last year which hopefully helped them we clearly have space ...

And finally I should say that you and QIQ have done a great job of representing EN1 in the Fury's Blade event and best wishes to you both for the remaining period.  Hopefully both of you will make it deep into the top 50 looks likely to be tough but I think you'll achieve it.  

Batten @ en 1
    edited 19.05.2018
    In terms of the first point, it's different in a small alliance we don't have the luxury of taking a day off we have to push hard all the time or we don't make the top twenty our effort should be consistent dependent on availability,  We don't have the option of rotating between players and honestly we aren't winning the alliance tournament so it isn't something we focus on.  
    One thing is your team members. they will make up for about 20% of the points your team will get. they cant take days off.

Other thing is you. you grab 80% of the total points. you can choose when to go all out. and you had 3 more days left to go. unless you arent available to play in those days ofc.

Regarding the alliance tournament, the point was not winning it, but winning the max rewards possible for your team.
    so it was just poor planning or perhaps you didnt know about the tourney. Seeing other teams taking it easy should have hinted you though..... but i bet you were enjoying leaving everyone else behind so much that you never stopped to think about it. did you think we were sleeping?  loool

dont underestimate others. i even sent you a pm to hint you but you never replied.

If you are asking whether we consider contributing to the efforts of the server in Fury's Blade for the benefit of our player base or competing for just our alliance in the alliance tournament to be of greater value then I'd probably choose the former if it can benefit our allies and other players on our server.  
    as said earlier, these are not independent. you can play both events from saturday onwards for 3 days and score in both events, benefitting from both etc etc

so yes I understand your point in terms of the resource buildings but it is worth bearing in mind I've always been a resource player, I played for two years more or less without rubies and didn't buy XP until towards tail end of the 800 levels so I'm on a different strategy I always have been.  I work three jobs so my time is inconsistent I need a steady source of resources to balance the fact that I can't loot to the same level.  As a senior player I also need more resources to support the development of my players and to help put out fires.        

Saying available resources come from res building is the same as saying coins come from the tax collector.

they dont. they come from looting. and we're not talking about intensive looting. just a few hits and your warehouse will be full.

as a senior player you should know this (and im sure you have a bunch of developped RBC towers, in green and in outers, to test this notion)

as for rubies, im not a ruby player, neither are some of the best looters in our server, like Gregg or Scandy.
  • u have a nice account :) alot of rubies and coins
    My account still needs development I have relatively weak outposts with poor PO and my food levels are well below top levels.  But like all Syndicate players I'm working to improve.  
    Batten @ en 1

Just to confirm that sometimes an alternate strategy can sometimes bear fruit and you don't always need to be in a top alliance to be successful.  
    Batten @ en 1
    edited 22.05.2018
    i feel this conversation may have lost its track at some point so maybe some clarification will help.

a) you started off "drawing conclusions" (not sure this is the best choice of words - imagine i wrote something more appropriate) when you wrote:
    Have to saying really liking this.  Well done Princepate representing for the up and coming alliances.  What is happening in GB1?  Where have all the big guys gone US1???
    it was just too early in the event to draw such conclusions.  1st afternoon of a 4 day event!!

If it were someone else posting it i wouldn't have bothered to reply (as they would probably be in a cheerful mood or something), but since it was a (conspiracy) Theorist such as yourself, i guess i couldn't contain myself and got drawn into this post...

This was when i proposed a different theory - maybe people are waiting for the next event (Tourney).

At that time, i wasn't expecting such a big push from you in these events, but as the days went on it was clear you were after something else (the blade fury event).

b) If  The Syndicate are really aiming to win events, you can obviously try winning them by yourself, but anyone will agree that this is extremely costly and as such, not a sustainable way to do it.

Instead you can start recruiting players. and i mean actively recruiting players. not expecting they come knocking at your door as you seem to be doing. this way you choose what fits better in your team and have a higher chance of avoiding spies and shell accounts, which you are always mentioning in your post.

At this point you have at least 750k points leaving the remaining 200k to your entire team.
    (and before you start with your conspiracies: no, no one is spying you. the person in 2nd place is in CG and they have 730k points)

But this is if the case were "being competitive in events", which is not. This seems to have happened as a reflection of you positioning yourself for that blade fury competition which is fair enough - i wish you manage that top 50. should be possible for you, as next up is beri which is all about spending money aswell.

c) "I kinda think the idea that you have to hit towers and other players to be competitive is a bit of misnomer."

I was only proposing the notion that resources come from looting. i never meant to say they need to come majoritarily from hitting towers. I have very few levelled tower - none in green and only a handful in outers. So ofc resources should come from events.

but they certainly dont come from res buildings to make them worth while. everyone has their game style. but it is generally accepted that they are useless when the player reaches a certain level.

d)
     "I think if you enjoy hitting other players fair enough that's the game I not sure that the argument that you can't be competitive without holds  otherwise if that's the case how am I competitive to the extent I win things consistently over my time in the game."

No-one even mentioned hiting other players. Ppl do it for various reasons - i have my own. cant see the correlation between hitting players and being successful in the game so you lost me with that sentence.

e)
    "So at this point I've outlooted everybody up to Greg with a weaker account and also outproduced the majority as well"

Mate............  there are numerous ways to be effective in this game, but 2 aspects are enough to ensure it:

- Time
     - Money

The first one explains why the top looters are usually the same every week.
    The second one (combined with a bit of the first - you were actually at it for 3 days) explains why YOU did it this time.

there was no particular strategy here!!  you just bought a ton of skips, got some free time and started hitting.
    750k points will translate into 2900 hits, if you hit without those sams chests (as you normally get like 260 points per hit).

you dont even need to plan for the event - you can simply buy troops with your stored tokens.

Non-ruby players cant do this. they cant send so many hits. so they cant compete with those who do it.
    give our server top looters those funds and they'll show you what a loot score is... and it certainly isn't 200 million.

So no point in writing stuff like this:
    "Just to confirm that sometimes an alternate strategy can sometimes bear fruit and you don't always need to be in a top alliance to be successful.  "

there was no strategy here - only money.
    and yeah you obviously dont need to be in a top alliance to be a top looter. just need money and/or time.
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    I feel like I should weigh in with a meaningful input given my current standings in the loot rankings (no doubt not very long lasting) - but instead I'll just let you know I've passed on your feedback to Maurice RE: the beard envy, grooming tips thread, etc. @Batten (GB1)

Cheers,

Angus

p.s. Keep it PG peeps - think of the children :D and remember we're not all evil people set on destroying everything everyone else holds dear
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

I feel like I should weigh in with a meaningful input given my current standings in the loot rankings (no doubt not very long lasting) - but instead I'll just let you know I've passed on your feedback to Maurice RE: the beard envy, grooming tips thread, etc. @Batten (GB1)

Cheers,

Angus

p.s. Keep it PG peeps - think of the children :D and remember we're not all evil people set on destroying everything everyone else holds dear
    Thanks Ang.  I wasn't meant to be disrespectful to Maurice or Sebastian or the other guys doing the Twitch, that they take the time to make the content and do the posts is appreciated and I hope they can appreciate the attempted humour in the way it was intended, as a compliment.  It's nice to see the people behind the game we all play, sometimes I guess it's easy to forget how hard they work to bring us the end product.  I didn't really understand what Twitch was when they first brought it in but the way that it's developing is exciting and I've enjoyed the content and as a game tool the lists are really helpful to see where we are.  It's good to have the interaction does gets us back to the sense of community again and BM and the new CM's are doing a good job with it.  Look forward to seeing what you come up with next and thank you for your efforts on our behalf.  

Your looting Sunday-Monday was a pretty rapid and M Santos put in a really really impressive stint Sunday evening, I'll be honest I'm not sure I could match what either of you did just yet so might have got a bit of ahead of myself, clearly a bit of a way to go yet.  The CG score for the alliance tournament was well over 50,000 and the surge they as an alliance put in at one point was something not many if any alliances could match.  What was worrying for the rest of us is they didn't seem fully extended.  

In terms of Princepate I take M Santos's point a CG player QIQ moved to Princepate and pushed them to the top of the leaderboard.  I don't think many of us realised this originally.  But what it did do is remind those of us in small alliances that it is possible for a short time at least with the right players to get to the top and even if we can't stay there there is an achievement for us in breathing that rarefied air.  There was a lot of scrabbling around checking the Princepate line up to see who they were and how they've achieved it and hopefully it helps them as an alliance moving forward.  For small alliances celebrating the small wins means a lot, if you're in an alliance that wins everyday every week it's the norm, for smaller players the one time you topped the charts is something special you will remember and which motivates you to keep going because you can see it is possible.  I perhaps on reflection I could have phrased it better but that moment of unexpected success was what I was trying to celebrate rather than emphasizing the unfortunate circumstances that brought it about which appear to have been quickly resolved. 

I do think it is fair to say some GB1 players aren't as active as they were, some GB1 alliances have lost key players or didn't have them available and that some GB1 alliances performance was below the standards they normally set.  For us to be as high as we were is unusual in both the alliance tournament where I suspect we finished third behind Odins and CG and Sams were we might have finished second behind CG if Ang slept in.  I don't think that tarnished what was a great performance by the Syndicate as an alliance.  

In terms of our event aims that's top 20 not to win, with 30 players that's unrealistic but we are certainly open to players joining providing they are committed to the One Player One Account principle which is the foundation for all fairplay.  Anyone not prepared to comply with the terms and conditions puts themselves and their alliance at risk and has a simple choice on joining us agree to comply with our rules and the game rules or leave.  We removed a player at the weekend on this basis.  I would suggest what I've achieved below is possible because of the One Player One Account approach and to be perfectly frank once (or rather if) I get my account to the level of top players any player trying to compete against players like me with multiple accounts has zero chance of being successful thanks to some of the smart changes GGE has made to help OPOA players.  Maybe at an alliance level that makes a difference but with accounts getting stronger and gaps getting smaller I think reasonably more players are bound to wake up to the new reality.  Bad news for me really as when people do switch I become less competitive again ironically but Kudos to GGE they took a long term approach and it looks to be paying off.  Players are free to choose their own journey through the game but why take massive risks for no tangible reward that risky route looks attractive and shorter but turns out to take a lot longer and leads to a development dead end. 

I had a strategy for me and my alliance and this time at least it worked.  I'm not sure how much more I could of done I tried to help get the server average up as did all the Syndicate players we tried our best and thats all we can ask of ourselves and each other and turns out are best was a bit better than we'd expected.  

I was successful because I planned my approach and executed through good technique perseverance and a fair amount of luck.  Money doesn't buy you a train with 30 carriages (attacks) skill does.   

Batten @ en 1
    edited 23.05.2018

I do think it is fair to say some GB1 players aren't as active as they were, some GB1 alliances have lost key players or (..)

Perhaps a consequence of the recent war which originated in a gang up staged by a couple of teams. You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?  :'(

One of the darkest times of our server, oh my. Where would our server be if the guardians of Light weren't playing at that moment  :p

Luckily CG  o:)  and a few other teams who believe in the fair play initiative stepped in just in time to prevent further damage. 

I only mentioned this as it was one of my "Favourite moments" (post title) this year   :D. Standing up against the baddies who staged an unfair gang up against Odins Fury, a respectable team from our server.
    I was successful because I planned my approach and executed through good technique perseverance and a fair amount of luck.  Money doesn't buy you a train with 30 carriages (attacks) skill does.   
    I never said money buys a train with 30 carriages - and i agree, it requires lots of concentration / skill to keep it going.

What i said is money fuels that train  ;) or how would it keep going? 1 million points without using chests is, just for reference,  roughly 4000 hits/skips - obviously not within everyone's reach
  • Karem GK (GB1)Karem GK (GB1) Posts: 32GB1
    msantos29 (GB1) said:Perhaps a consequence of the recent war which originated in a gang up staged by a couple of teams. You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?  :'(

Luckily CG  o:)  and a few other teams who believe in the fair play initiative stepped in just in time to prevent further damage.
    I will stop counting how many times have u been crying about the server war that ended 2 months ago .

- I respect you in one point really that you have remained "unbeaten" in the server war ( surely not your team :p) if i reckon well , beside that you are the most badass on the server and thats clearly showing in your replies to Batten . Don't really know why you talking about the war here though , its actually not related to the main subject of this thread but that's you keeping the blah blah blah going .

- Impressing that line "Who believe in the fair play" MUHAHAHAHAHA . :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D , well back into the subject , CG are the gods of breaking FP and you know very well , don't act like you are the innocent ones . 
    i remember every time i hit CG member i get like 5 hits in return just to satisfy the CG player desire in revenge and CG management says "sorry" not actually the main word but hiding the "what ?!! its in fair play" .. it made me laugh very hard anyway . LOL
    Prevent further damage , i liked their touch in the server war :#

LOLOLOL

I only mentioned this as it was one of my "Favourite moments" (post title) this year   :D. Standing up against the baddies who staged an unfair gang up against Odins Fury, a respectable team from our server.

"a respectable team from our server"  speak about yourself lol not "Our"
    edited 23.05.2018
    Dont spam pls.

you can easily condense your contribution in one single post.

I will give you 1 "like" though for the compliments ahahah.
    In CG, achievements are never the work of a single person, so i'll pass your kind words to the rest of the team.

I will stop counting how many times have u been crying about the server war that ended 2 months ago .

"have you been"? i'm a non-native english speaker but i think that refers to the recent past.

So please enlighten me... how many times have i mentioned that subject in the recent past?
    I'll be surprised if you find even 1 reference to it, after it ended.
    but do prove me wrong - i really can't say for sure.

. Don't really know why you talking about the war here though , its actually not related to the main subject of this thread but that's you keeping the blah blah blah going .
    The answer is in the same line or a few below - (Hey i try to be prepared for the basic "hate replies"):

Anyway, why would anyone from CG "cry" (as you suggest)  about that interesting occurrence (war)?

CG is stronger than ever.
    Unlike some of the other participants.
    You should know that "good guys always win" - or at least   baddies always lose.
    edited 23.05.2018

. Don't really know why you talking about the war here though , its actually not related to the main subject of this thread but that's you keeping the blah blah blah going .
    The answer is in the same line or a few below - (Hey i try to be prepared for the basic "hate replies"):

No you edited the post :p really smart guy , arent you ? lol :"

Anyway, why would anyone from CG "cry" (as you suggest)  about that interesting occurrence (war)?

CG is stronger than ever.
    Unlike some of the other participants.
    You should know that "good guys always win" - or at least   baddies always lose.
    Ask yourself why you talk about the war and it has ended 2 months ago :- ) thats what it called "crying" as i havent seen any of the other side talking about it tho .

CG is stronger than ever , Oh yh i agree .. "In bullying and breaking FP that you describe yourselves as peacemakers" i admit that CG changed a bit after the server war really ;') yet the dirties still in there lol

Unlike some of the other participants , participants by both sides decided to take part in by their own choice "lets not say we brought any" cause we all know what's behind the scenes . Dont need any arguments about it really .

That last line , Hmmmm .

I agree baddies ! . :p

edited 23.05.2018
    No you edited the post :p really smart guy , arent you ? lol :" 

the moment when someone accuses me of something even though evidence of the opposite is right there to be seen by everyone is always a favorite (this was just to remain on topic)

i fixed some spelling errors, as i usually do, but didn't change it after you wrote your stuff, as you can confirm for yourself, so i really don't understand that either.

neither that nor the "I will stop counting how many times have u been (...)" but im sure you'll provide some clarification at some point.

Unless that Fortnite server where you play with the other kids is online again.
    In that case i think you wont bother to clarify any of it and will just continue to harrass people there.
    I hear thats what kids do nowadays.
Sign In to comment.