Fury Blade - An Alternative Ending

I was thinking about it and it probably isn't possible but what I'd really love to see is the top 50 players in a Battle Royale style old school Berimond slugfest using the last man standing principle with the top players from across all the servers going full bore at it with live Twitch screening so all other players can watch and bet resources on the outcome.  Now that would be such a  cool event.  Have absolutely no idea who would win but it would settle some arguments about relative strength and would have to generate a shed load of interest.  
Batten @ en 1

Comments

• I was thinking about it and it probably isn't possible but what I'd really love to see is the top 50 players in a Battle Royale style old school Berimond slugfest using the last man standing principle with the top players from across all the servers going full bore at it with live Twitch screening so all other players can watch and bet resources on the outcome.  Now that would be such a  cool event.  Have absolutely no idea who would win but it would settle some arguments about relative strength and would have to generate a shed load of interest.  
    I like it, it could also be made in a way so that everybody has 1 attack per day, 4000 of each troop in the game and no food status, everyone has a camp with all equipment in the game, set to 20+ and everything absolutely maxed out, full def hall and full attack hall. The defender picks what soldiers to defend with and the attacker picks what to attack with and they get 1 attack, this proves who is truly the best in the game, regardless of boosters or activity. 
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,815GB1
    Well its better suggestion than the planned ending ie shapeshifter to decide.  In other words the winner will be the player that does the most arranged hits.

A pitiful way to end a tourney but sums the game / gge up perfectly.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    You remember the old last man standing Phil what's not to love about you or Mike versus Bruno5.  It like Batman versus Superman it's fascinating to speculate who win some of these Game Legends contests.  Love it if they could make that happen it would clearly be a big ask.  Even if they did it on the test server I'd pay to watch some of those match ups.  Fuji against Breor maybe I'm not sure who people would want to see face off but fun to speculate.  

I won't get past Beri bit as haven't time this week which is a pity but it has been fun so far.  You forget how many other players there actually are.
    Batten @ en 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,815GB1
    Yeah berri unfortunatly is a pay to win event these days sure you still need activity the winner will still be someone sending loads of hits, It will just be someone sending loads of hits with at least 3 waves of chests on them.  

And yeah the old last man standing event was fun, but i guess that GGE wouldnt make a lot of money from it so probably a non starter as far as they are concerned.  Not to mention the fact it would take time / effort and a degree of skill to make it happen.

Its a shame as there have been some good ideas down the years in the game, some real steps forward, but unfortunatly GGE has never shown any real commitment to addressing the real issues that blight the game, firstly the sheer number of shells / multis that exist in the game, wether they exist as farms, as storage accounts, as defensive aids, or as full accounts that rotate in and out of use, or any of the other many number of reasons shells exist.  GGE has never made any real effort to stop it.  Secondly there is the disparity is ruby cost between players why should I compete against someone who can pay 3-600% less than me for the same thing ?  GGE is fully committed to this inequality, yet it cannot control it.  The reality is no matter how much GGE and other companies would like to give the internet borders, it is a borderless entity.  And there is simple technology out there that can ensure that you can appear to access the interent from anywhere,  rendering any concept of borders laughable.  Yet again it has introduced something it cannot control, meaning more huge innequality.  And why ? becasue it is comitted to the concept of charging customers the maximum it can get away with charging regardless of the consequences of that decision.  Profit over Equality.  Of course its not the only company struggling with this concept, but all companies face the same issue.  That once the cat is out of the bag that people pay different amounts for the same thing, and that all you need to do to pay these different amounts is digitally pretend to be in a cheaper region.  Once players fully grasp this concept of significantly cheaper pricing, they are never going to go back to higher pricing.  They will either continue to pay the lower price or they will quit. 

Unfortunatly  where GGE have fallen down is they not only refuse to tackle these issues head on, they also refuse to engineer them out of the game, there are literally thousands of ways you could make the game play in such a way that it makes multis less of an advantage.  there have been whole threads given up to suggestions.   yet precious little is done.  

Unfortunatly the notion of a regional competition is a joke, let alone the concept of a global one.  Until GGE ensure that ALL players in the competition are playing by the same rules, have the same opportunites and the same handicaps.  The results of said competition are always going to be ultimatly meaningless.  Look at how many sever wide events have been won by people you KNOW are breaking the rules they have even admitted cheating, even if GGE prove they have been cheating they are never stripped of the prizes they win or the real winners given those prizes.

Until these things are addressed then I see little point.   Address these issues at the root and rip out the things that blight the game and I am with you.  

Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.