We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Lucky Penny

I haven't seen a lucky penny available from the mercenary post for almost one year now. Is that a program bug? When will you be able to fix that?

Comments

• Pyro maniac (US1)Pyro maniac (US1) Posts: 27US1
    edited 13.04.2018
    They removed the lucky penny for good.

As previously announced, our wishing well mechanic requires some maintenance. The reason for this is pretty simple: The way we first introduced the feature led to value decay of rubies and items you could purchase, thus creating an unbalanced situation. To stabilize the balance, we already reduced the amount of lucky pennies you could purchase in offers and receive as rewards. With this update, we want to take the next step and remove them from our rewards/offers pool and mercenary camp completely, meaning it will not be possible to obtain more of them for now.
     Don't panic! The wishing well will still be available for you to turn the pennies you already own into rubies, as originally intended. Additionally, you will have the chance to transform those pennies into valuable items for immediate use!

Try using the search function
  • The Torrent (GB1)The Torrent (GB1) Posts: 523GB1
    edited 13.04.2018

I upgraded the wishing well. Will there be a reimburse of the rubies? May i suggest a way to demolish the wishing well which refunds the rubies spent upgrading? As i upgraded the wishing well then gge decide to remove the lucky pennies so makes sense i get my rubies back.

I quoted by accident i'm not directly speaking to u i'm speaking to any moderator/anyone with power or the knowledge to answer.
    King The Torrent The Furious, 348k Might, level Legendary 49 (as of 10.4.18) 
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
    GB1 Private Detective ;) - message me in game for your information needs.
    Discord - The Torrent#5588
    You spend money on this game. | You don't spend money on this game.

• I upgraded the wishing well. Will there be a reimburse of the rubies? May i suggest a way to demolish the wishing well which refunds the rubies spent upgrading? As i upgraded the wishing well then gge decide to remove the lucky pennies so makes sense i get my rubies back.

I quoted by accident i'm not directly speaking to u i'm speaking to any moderator/anyone with power or the knowledge to answer.
    good idea

• I upgraded the wishing well. Will there be a reimburse of the rubies? May i suggest a way to demolish the wishing well which refunds the rubies spent upgrading? As i upgraded the wishing well then gge decide to remove the lucky pennies so makes sense i get my rubies back.

No reason to refund the ruby purchase, it did what it was supposed to do.
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,197ASIA1

I upgraded the wishing well. Will there be a reimburse of the rubies? May i suggest a way to demolish the wishing well which refunds the rubies spent upgrading? As i upgraded the wishing well then gge decide to remove the lucky pennies so makes sense i get my rubies back.

I highlighted the reason why we want a refund.
    Please update the Kingdom League event to a real 'ranked' event. The current event is very bad, and very unfair - I am not being placed with players on similar skill level by any means, I have dominated the last 8 out of 12 days by over 500% compared to other players, the remaining 4 a player dominated me by over 500%.

I am writing this in my signature to avoid cluttering the forums, but having the message everywhere. 

so you're complaining that you no longer have lucky coins anymore? Because the well still functions as it is designed to.
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,396
    edited 13.04.2018
    OMG!!!! NEROXNEX IS SAYING THAT THERE WILL BE LUCKY PENNIES AGAIN! THEY ARE RISING FROM THE DEAD!!!!

time to spread the good news!
  • OMG!!!! NEROXNEX IS SAYING THAT THERE WILL BE LUCKY PENNIES AGAIN! THEY ARE RISING FROM THE DEAD!!!!

Incorrect.
  • OMG!!!! NEROXNEX IS SAYING THAT THERE WILL BE LUCKY PENNIES AGAIN! THEY ARE RISING FROM THE DEAD!!!!

Incorrect.
    you can't fool me! There is no other possible interpretation!

Incorrect.
    you can't fool me! There is no other possible interpretation!

so you're complaining that you no longer have lucky coins anymore? Because the well still functions as it is designed to.
    Oh **** off with your garbage excuses.
    If I was attacking and getting no resources and was complaining about how I can't upgrade things because I have no resources, you would probably say, "buy them, the upgrade button still functions as it is designed to". (Don't say you wouldn't it was sarcasm too make you realise how stupid you sound)
    Please update the Kingdom League event to a real 'ranked' event. The current event is very bad, and very unfair - I am not being placed with players on similar skill level by any means, I have dominated the last 8 out of 12 days by over 500% compared to other players, the remaining 4 a player dominated me by over 500%.

I am writing this in my signature to avoid cluttering the forums, but having the message everywhere. 

If I was attacking and getting no resources and was complaining about how I can't upgrade things because I have no resources, you would probably say, "buy them, the upgrade button still functions as it is designed to". (Don't say you wouldn't it was sarcasm too make you realise how stupid you sound)
    Saying I sound stupid really means that your ears (or your eyes in this case) aren't working. I've stated this several times for a long time now. The well worked how it was supposed to. There had been several changes to lucky pennies since they were first brought into the game. There is no reason to issue a refund for the well.

Furthermore GGS has already stated that the well will be repurposed.

Saying I sound stupid really means that your ears (or your eyes in this case) aren't working. I've stated this several times for a long time now. The well worked how it was supposed to. There had been several changes to lucky pennies since they were first brought into the game. There is no reason to issue a refund for the well.

So they HAD to take it out of the game? If you think so give me a reason to as why they couldn't have left it until it was, "repurposed". If you think, well they could have left it in, congrats you are learning. If not see a doctor. 

For your only argument, "the well works". Yes you are right, but what is feeding it? Currently lucky pennies, the issue is. There are none to get. Making the building obsolete. This leading to why we want our rubies back as if I was to not upgrade it earn EVERY lucky penny every given out I could have doubled all my rubies months ago with a level 1, see any issue yet? If not, imagine building the construction yard for 10K rubies, then no materials are given out. Yeah stinks but it still works so there is no issue (with your logic anyways). 

Last comment as if you can't see anything wrong yet you don't deserve my time.

• So who exactly does know/ can forward to ggs that players want a refund to the rubies???
    Like 600k might when fully active fearless and all the cherries now (4 November) but tbh not too active nowadays.
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1

if I knew that they will take away lucky pennies I wouldn't have upgraded the well to max, it was really expensive upgrade.

So they HAD to take it out of the game? If you think so give me a reason to as why they couldn't have left it until it was, "repurposed". If you think, well they could have left it in, congrats you are learning. If not see a doctor. 

For your only argument, "the well works". Yes you are right, but what is feeding it? Currently lucky pennies, the issue is. There are none to get. Making the building obsolete. This leading to why we want our rubies back as if I was to not upgrade it earn EVERY lucky penny every given out I could have doubled all my rubies months ago with a level 1, see any issue yet? If not, imagine building the construction yard for 10K rubies, then no materials are given out. Yeah stinks but it still works so there is no issue (with your logic anyways). 

They haven't taken the well out, you can still use it as intended. As for taking out lucky pennies, yes they definitatley should have done this. It was too easy for non-buyers to accumulate massive amounts of pennies, which inherently hurts the viability of the game. You were able to double your rubies sooner which meant that you were able to use them sooner. Do I wish there was a refund for the well, sure, i just dont think its required.sir-haba (SKN1) said:

if I knew that they will take away lucky pennies I wouldn't have upgraded the well to max, it was really expensive upgrade.

If you know that they will make better sets of equipment would you buy the current equipment?

They haven't taken the well out, you can still use it as intended. As for taking out lucky pennies, yes they definitatley should have done this. It was too easy for non-buyers to accumulate massive amounts of pennies, which inherently hurts the viability of the game. You were able to double your rubies sooner which meant that you were able to use them sooner. Do I wish there was a refund for the well, sure, i just dont think its required.sir-haba (SKN1) said:

If you know that they will make better sets of equipment would you buy the current equipment?
    no that is completely incorrect. What you should ask if is you knew they would GET RID of equipment would you buy equipment.

They aren't changing lucky pennies for something better, no not at all, they ARE REMOVING THEM COMPLETELY FROM THE GAME.

Pretend the caps is in bold, as i cba to click the bold button.
  • i upgraded the well, and then they removed them (haven't used the well since it upgraded) so haven't even used the well as intended.

• i upgraded the well, and then they removed them (haven't used the well since it upgraded) so haven't even used the well as intended.

why would you upgrade your well without having pennies?
This discussion has been closed.