Home General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

A message about popups

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 20.12.2018
    Popups…
    I get what you are trying to say and your point. You annoying us with "Popups" is how we feel about them if they appear too frequently and may even be regarded as "spam". It makes wonder though if Goodgame Studios really cares about reducing the number of popups that appear. Even if they do not interfere with making hits anymore they are still a problem and show up too much.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    Popups…
    I get what you are trying to say and your point. You annoying us with "Popups" is how we feel about them if they appear too frequently and may even be regarded as "spam". It makes wonder though if Goodgame Studios really cares about reducing the number of popups that appear. Even if they do not interfere with making hits anymore they are still a problem and show up too much.

Can't say it was worth it in the end though as he got his forum account banned, lol

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• Popups…

Can't say it was worth it in the end though as he got his forum account banned, lol
    Well. That just goes to show that perhaps Goodgame Studios does not care about complaints involving pop ups besides what they have already done so far, unless if otherwise noted. Also, he commented too much on this thread and made it clear in an earlier comment that he did not care if he even got himself banned and made a claim as well about the forum being dead. But, anyways their is always going to be somebody who is going to do something radical in the forum that could result in a permanent ban from logging in to the forum with that account. Bottom line is that Goodgame Studios is also a business that does perhaps at least to some extent need to rely on pop ups for making money, but not necessarily needed on a frequent basis or needed to pop up for every single advertisement.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Zenzer (GB1)Zenzer (GB1) GB1 Posts: 2,713
    edited 21.12.2018
    6 offers popping up on the screen at the same time and then a few minutes later they push another 6 offers in my face. 

All these new updates are a waste of effort if you cannot deliver a good user experience. Put all the Q1 updates on hold and invest your resources into finding an alternative for all these pop ups. 

"The pop ups helps the developers earn money and profit"

Yes that's true, you are 100% correct. But is this a good longterm solution? Well, if these pop ups make players leave the game and if it scares away new players then no it isn't. Because without players, who is going to take advantage of these pop ups and who is going to see them? 

And when all the players are gone and no new players will want to play the game, then this game will be shutdown. 
    Tell me, what good did those pop ups do along with that extra profit it gave? Absolutely nothing. 

No, i don't play on GB1. 

• flug (NL1)flug (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,109
    6 offers popping up on the screen at the same time and then a few minutes later they push another 6 offers in my face. 

All these new updates are a waste of effort if you cannot deliver a good user experience. Put all the Q1 updates on hold and invest your resources into finding an alternative for all these pop ups. 

"The pop ups helps the developers earn money and profit"

Yes that's true, you are 100% correct. But is this a good longterm solution? Well, if these pop ups make players leave the game and if it scares away new players then no it isn't. Because without players, who is going to take advantage of these pop ups and who is going to see them? 

And when all the players are gone and no new players will want to play the game, then this game will be shutdown. 
    Tell me, what good did those pop ups do along with that extra profit it gave? Absolutely nothing. 

6?     i count 7 these days , so there is something done about it isn't it? 
    flug @ nl 1
  • these popups are out of control. GGS took a great game and made it unplayable. I used to buy alot, but those days are over thanks to the new land of the neverending ruby deal. Thanks for making it easier for me to give this up all together.
    Mechs Ghost @ usa 1
  • Hello,

I understand there are some mixed feelings going around about popups. I've seen a lot of feedback ranging from both constructive and destructive around this topic. For the most part I have forwarded your words onto the rest of the team who said as of yesterday they would investigate what is going on.

I remind everyone that GoodGame Studios is free to play and them marketing their in-game purchases is how they stay open. While it can be annoying and even disrupt some gameplay, this is not their intention. This is why your BM team has advocated this on your behalf to those who can make decisions. 

Going forward we need to keep the forums a little cleaner around this subject. People are opening a multitude of threads, derailing other threads by pulling them to the subject of popups, and even provoking each other. I've seen people defending popups and I've seen people going against popups. The clashes and needless arguments are truly needless.

To help keep all the information centralized and clean I'm opening this thread where all of your comments about popups can go. I will also merge any new threads about popups into this one, so please don't open any new ones, use the search function before posting. Finally, let's keep it clean. It's frustrating, but let's use this thread as a way to share information instead of flame each other. We will remove posts that do so that way we can keep this thread open for input, we don't want to censor anyone who has credible things to say. 

I will also use this to inform you all of any developments. As you know, I cannot say anything on behalf of GGS, but once they have a message to relay I will be sure to post it. Thank you for your understanding.
    ok so the pop ups did calm down a bit, until today, this evening i can hardly play the game due to the number of constant pop ups!! you have to sort this out please as it is really ruining game play and I don't suffer the lag in play that a lot of my alliance do, They are having to refresh or log out and back in only to get 5 mins later another lot of game stopping pop ups. Not good GGE I just hope HTML5 will sort this out.
  • Lemmy (INT2)Lemmy (INT2) INT2 Posts: 25
    edited 26.02.2019
    Here's an idea for the "developers". Instead of the relentless barrage of popups offering the same tired old useless crap, make the offers actually worth looking at! Most of the stuff being offered I am not interested in even if it was free.....
    Lemmy -  International 2
  • i logged on with "man-flu" over the weekend and found that there were an average of 13 pop-ups every hour not just at the usual 5 mins past the hour
    - please tell your finance dept that increasing this sh*t does more harm to the game than helps
     - i would have bought some rubies if the boosters had actually been relevant to my needs but same old crap offers - too many troops and not enough boost / bonus time where needed
    - do they actually look at what people do in the game ? or live in cloud cookoo land !
    - last time i got troops i deleted 70% of them as the food burn was more that i could loot !

dandelion1958 @ en 1

Am still playing 6 years on ! - hi lvl 800 on new yrs eve (2017/18) !

Leading the Targaryens - PS interested in joining - PM any officer in Game :-)

PS in top200 on uk 1 never botted or used a VPN - that's why it took 5 yrs to get to leg 800
    was chatting today and ..................pop     yes 7 pop-ups in front of the chat screen while typing . :)   how ridiculously it can get.

and still.....................................nothing done about pop-ups
    flug @ nl 1
  • DaveHero0 (GB1)DaveHero0 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 237
    Dear GGS

You can throw as many popups as you like at me

Not spending another penny with you until a proper attempt is made to stop the blatant cheating via vpn etc 

So that'll be never then
    DaveHero0 @ en 1
  • DK Banana (GB1)DK Banana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 83
    Just have a SHOP. if you want need soemthing you go to the SHOP.

It is that simple.

The popups are either random or the algorthm useless. You get offers that really have nothing to to with what is on or the opportunities that are open to you.  The'offers' are of course bull, since what is for sale was never offered for 28 days at the full price.
    So let's be honest about this. It is blatant snake oil marketing, we know it, you know it. Just avoid ti popping up when there might be important gameplay. Hence the shop. Click on the shop (or go via shop at every login, with a button to return).
  • I am totally annoyed at the way the popups are working right now. 

1.  If I am away from the computer for an hour or two, when I come back on I spend close to 5 minutes closing all of these popups, and some of them, like the choose your rewards one, I will have to close at least 10 windows with that same screen.  Why can't they keep track of what windows are open and not open them again until the first one is closed.

2.  Popups are constantly coming up when you are in the middle of performing some task, like in your castle recruiting troops, making tools, upgrading or building new buildings, organizing your castle layout. When I am in  my castle doing some of the tasks referred to above, when I close the offer screen, I get kicked to the outside of my Castle.  Come on now, you have to push out popups when someone is upgrading their equipment, using the Technicus or the Research Tower, or in the middle of setting up a battle screen?

3.  The space they take up on the screen, all the time is the most annoying of all.  There is always at least one icon in the lower left near the chat box area.  A few days ago there were 3 of them going up, up the screen.  And there are always at least 2 sometimes 3 of them going up on the right side of the screen next to our task buttons.  In addition on this side at least one of them has these humongous right/left arrows around them.  I asked a long time ago about make the arrows in some of the drop downs in the game a little bigger, for example, the drop down list where you find your RVs listed.  If you can't make them bigger then how can you make them so big where GGS wants them? I am constantly having to move my screen around to be able to see what I am doing while playing the game.  I buy rubies a lot, but I can't buy them everyday or my kids would not be eating very much.

Enough is Enough with the popups.  If GGS is going to impede me playing the game, then I might as well not play the game.  And I like someone else's suggestion, send them to me in a message and if I want to buy it I can.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais
    All of the following are unfair practices by GGS and I protest them all:

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • PJH_ (GB1)PJH_ (GB1) GB1 Posts: 352
    As they seem to actively discourage a large percentage of the population from their apparent purpose, we can only assume there is an entirely different purpose to them..... or perhaps the person who understood that part of the code left?
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 3,049

3.  The space they take up on the screen, all the time is the most annoying of all. 
    Quote from the GGS Boardroom:

"Research has shown that we can fill 80% of the players view with adds before inducing seizures!"

IOI = The future dream of GGS...……...
    Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

since when do the pop-ups shown up in front of chat screen etc . ???? very very very very very very very very very  irritating when you talk to some-one , it's rude and not polite.

i always learned, when 2 people talk don't interrupt them when not really needed.

those pop-ups who can be mist in the game aren't reaally needed during conversation 
    flug @ nl 1
  • Just have a SHOP. if you want need soemthing you go to the SHOP.

It is that simple.

The popups are either random or the algorthm useless. You get offers that really have nothing to to with what is on or the opportunities that are open to you.  The'offers' are of course bull, since what is for sale was never offered for 28 days at the full price.
    So let's be honest about this. It is blatant snake oil marketing, we know it, you know it. Just avoid ti popping up when there might be important gameplay. Hence the shop. Click on the shop (or go via shop at every login, with a button to return).
    This is so true.  Currently, the Nomads event is ending in 9 hours 22 minutes, but the rewards screens are still showing stuff for the Nomads.  Since they are ending and the WoR is up next, it should be showing rewards for the one that is coming up.  I won't buy for an event about to end.  I just received a 100% offer about 1 hour ago but everything was filled with Nomad troops and tools.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais

1. A huge amount of special offers and such.  We asked if they could put them in our mailboxes instead of on the screen.  They put them in our mailboxes, and left them on the screen, and also increased the number of these things.  
    2. The Foreign Invasion and Bloodcrows Events that give you level 70 castles that are pretty shitty.  And then you have to spend games tokens, coins or rubies to get a decent castle.
    3. This Master Blacksmith feature is ridiculous.  With the points given out the Monthly Event for each hit being so low, it is impossible to get even down the first page where the Season Booster is. 
    4. The new Kingdom League that gives you so-so rewards unless you buy a season pass for 17,600 rubies.
    5. All improvements to the game that require more and more Rubies to be purchased and spent.  How about some improvements for those players who don't, those who do occasionally but now have to purchase more and more, or can't buy Rubies?
    6. Changes to events that allow only the "Ruby Whales" to obtain a full set of some really great equipment sets.
    7. A large number of challenges going on at the same time which makes it impossible to master them all and the icons for the events, and pop-ups that fill up my screen. Like right now, Nov. 25, 2019, I have 4 Icons on the left by the Message box going vertically up the screen, and I have three icons on the right side by the toolbar going vertically up (sometimes it's 4 on the right), plus all but one of the icons has arrows to flip through the offers.  Too much of my screen is covered with this nonsense.
    8. The never-ending Sale Pop-ups that I have to keep closing these boxes and having these pop-ups interfering with tasks I am doing.
    9. And any more events that require the use of large amounts of Rubies.  It’s about time for GGS to pay attention to all the players.
  • My second 100% Ruby offer is expiring in less than 5 minutes and still nothing but Nomad stuff.  Why on earth would I want 2 4 hour 75% increases, one for Rage and 1 for more Tokens when this event is ending very soon.  I want to see offers for the new event that is starting in a few hours.

LadyThundara

Proud Member of Dumais

Sign In to comment.