We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

My experience at GoodGame Studios

For a little over the past 5 years I have been in the GoodGame Studios community. Joining the game in early 2012, the forums in late 2012, and becoming a Moderator in early 2017 there have been a lot of fun times, but none as much as visiting GoodGame Studio's headquarters in Hamburg, Germany. 

At the start of this month I set off to spend around 12 days alone in Germany, primarily Berlin. However, through my trip I decided to setup a time to head by GoodGame Studios and finally meet everyone in person. So on April 3rd I boarded an ICE train from Berlin Hauptbahnhof to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof. From there was a series of guessing which bus went which way until I finally found one that led me right up to the street that leads to GoodGame Studios. After walking around a bit, I finally made my way to the doorsteps of GGS.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Once inside and through reception I was greeted by @Nazhandiel and @Wylka 2 of our Community Managers here. I was shown around to all the various teams hard at work in their respective departments: Community Management, Quality Assurance / QA Bugwatch, Software Development, Marketing, Customer Service, Designers and many more. From looking around the conference rooms I even spotted GoodGame Studios CEO.

Once the tour was finished I was free to walk about and shadow departments, which was very enjoyable. Towards the end I met up with @Manta Birostris and a few others (not specifically on this forum) as we all relaxed in the common area and had a drink. Reason I mention all of this is because I was personally taken back by the way GoodGame Studios is. The people and culture of GoodGame Studios is a perfect mix. Everyone loves what they do and are all great to one another. Everyone is talented in their own way and they put these talents together to make something great. It was an unforgettable experience and I know all of us will keep in touch. (Also shout out to Manta for riding back to the Hauptbahnhof  with me so I wasn't completely lost).

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Comments

• BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) Posts: 2,095INT1
    Well it must have been quite amazing , to actually see how it all works , and seeing all the people and what they do , must have been spectacular experience .
    BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Well it must have been quite amazing , to actually see how it all works , and seeing all the people and what they do , must have been spectacular experience .
    It was different because you only think of the people you see on the forums or interact with, but there's so many more people involved behind the scenes. It's like 1 big machine and everyone has a part.
  • very interesting

• eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) Posts: 356AU1
    Hi @BM Neroxnex

Well that sounds like quite an experience. I am very glad to hear you had such a great visit. Maybe if I ever get back to Germany, I will have to follow your example. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • wait... Manta isn't dead?  Why the lack of forum activity (atleast in Bug forum on en forums).
  • BM Neroxnex BM Neroxnex Posts: 771Moderator
    edited 10.04.2018
    Hi @BM Neroxnex

Well that sounds like quite an experience. I am very glad to hear you had such a great visit. Maybe if I ever get back to Germany, I will have to follow your example. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Debbie
    Thank you! I highly recommend you do not show up without permission. You can look from a distance, but don't try to enter without an appointment or some other reason to be admitted. They do have door screening now if some players tell you it's possible to get in.
  • wait... Manta isn't dead?  Why the lack of forum activity (atleast in Bug forum on en forums).
     ;)
  • Please stop with the pop up's every 2 seconds it has become very annoying!!!
    That's not what this thread is about. 

Going to remove all posts like that from this point forward from here.
  • Raggle Fock (US1)Raggle Fock (US1) Posts: 1,396
    edited 10.04.2018
    Please stop with the pop up's every 2 seconds it has become very annoying!!!
    Completely disagree. Pop ups is what keeps this game running. We should have more pop-ups.

wait... Manta isn't dead?  Why the lack of forum activity (atleast in Bug forum on en forums).
     ;)
    got it. so you just saw a clone of manta and the real one is truely dead :'(
    Completely disagree. Pop ups is what keeps this game running. We should have more pop-ups.

wait... Manta isn't dead?  Why the lack of forum activity (atleast in Bug forum on en forums).
     ;)
    I saw the real Manta. You guys sure like him. :D

;)
    I saw the real Manta. You guys sure like him. :D
    to be fair, the reason we liked him was because he was super active in B&S forum and actually got answers to the players. I'm sure most people these days have non idea who manta is.
  • to be fair, the reason we liked him was because he was super active in B&S forum and actually got answers to the players. I'm sure most people these days have non idea who manta is.
    He's truly a cool guy. I got to shadow a bit and he walked me around Hamburg.
  • to be fair, the reason we liked him was because he was super active in B&S forum and actually got answers to the players. I'm sure most people these days have non idea who manta is.
    He's truly a cool guy. I got to shadow a bit and he walked me around Hamburg.
    any idea if GGS will let him return to the forums (and i mean actively responding)?
  • any idea if GGS will let him return to the forums (and i mean actively responding)?
    He's not restricted as in not allowed, but he is busy with what he does. So for that reason he needs to work on other tasks before jumping back here. 

BMs still retain contact similar to as we do with CMs so if something needs to be channeled back to him it can.
  • any idea if GGS will let him return to the forums (and i mean actively responding)?
    He's not restricted as in not allowed, but he is busy with what he does. So for that reason he needs to work on other tasks before jumping back here. 

BMs still retain contact similar to as we do with CMs so if something needs to be channeled back to him it can.
    Yea I get that, just seemed to be better, especially optically, with an active CM present and talking.
  • I wonder if this comment will get deleted too. You sure do love censorship don’t you hunny 
    WAR PLAYER
Sign In to comment.