We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: March Update

Comments

• well guys, slow down you do need to realize that they brought berimond invasion back without any bugs ( that i know off ) so thats kinda great.

so give them a break, i mean they repair something and then they want to [email protected]!ck something else up thats compleetly normal. and if they dont screw something up they dont have anything to do and then  they are out of a job :wink:
    So you are telling me a level 77 camp giving the most reputation and a level 78 the least was not a bug?
    no they programmed that :wink:
  • gge about shapeslifters

lets make a new event
    we just make stuppid thing where you can anonymously attack other players.

than they think... noone would play that event, they would think it is bullshit.

than they are thinking about what could we do to let players play a bullshit event...

they got the idea... make overpowered equipment sets.

we probably get some criticism but they will just do it for the rewards

wow they are playing very well
    lets make the event worse...

a run of only 2 days so only the ruby whales can play..

they implemt it... 
    wow it works the ruby whales can only play the event...

than they see wait it isn't that bad... we should make it even worse
    how can we do it....

lets just flip the whole event to a ruby event

first of all  we make the rewards cheaper so evryone who already got some points is happy
    and we fuck over all the people who did spend them

we not only make a booster... that's not original...

lets make a special commander so ruby whales have to spend even more ruby's

i thought at the beginning of this proces that it couldn't get worse... but it did

now let's guess what gge is going to do next to ruin this event even more...

Hahah very good Happlo

• l think  all player want pvp tournament and dont want more events
    no matter rewards
    enough from events have to much,and all same 

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 697US1
    If you want to play the game unmolested, play on what they call the 'Test' server.  None of these updates have EVER BEEN TESTED THERE.  In fact they run blade/thorn/underworld there quit regularly, and since they quit giving out equipment rewards the only way for any sane person to get equipment there is the old fashioned way of hitting towers.
  • Why i'm not surprised?
  • sarah1 (INT2)sarah1 (INT2) Posts: 123INT2
    @sarah1 (INT2) @Philt123 (GB1) @Batten (GB1) @David Noble (US1)

The booster only applies to charms - therefore it will influence the rankings in no way at all - it is strictly an individual booster which boosts your return - as charms are nothing to do with the rankings which is where you compete directly with other players.

Therefore, we will still have the same reasonably equal competition - at least compared to the other events between non-pay and pay users.

Will answer more questions in a bit...

I didnt even ask about charmboosters ;) still no question answered but i will wait. 
    sarah1 @ 7

• No, it is not equal. The booster may not affect rankings, however ruby buyers will be able to hit twice as many shifters as non-buyers because of these "attack runes". Thus enabling them to effectively get twice as large a score as someone who doesn't buy more attack runes yet is still a skilled attacker.
    I think saying they can get 'twice as large a score' is a little extreme, Turtle. Everyone still gets their best series of 5. Sure ruby buyers have the opportunity to hit 10 castles instead of 5, but it's still their best series of 5 that counts, not 10. People who aren't going to buy additional camps to hit can still cherry pick the best 5 castles out of the 10 so I don't think it will give a huge advantage for ruby buyers. The 5 castles I'll be leaving behind will most likely all be 10k+ castles with good castellans in which a lot of points can't be generated from.
  • dont have anything to add that hasnt been said already

But you're killing your own game
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
  • jonesydeath (GB1)jonesydeath (GB1) Posts: 218GB1
    edited 28.02.2018

No, it is not equal. The booster may not affect rankings, however ruby buyers will be able to hit twice as many shifters as non-buyers because of these "attack runes". Thus enabling them to effectively get twice as large a score as someone who doesn't buy more attack runes yet is still a skilled attacker.
    I think saying they can get 'twice as large a score' is a little extreme, Turtle. Everyone still gets their best series of 5. Sure ruby buyers have the opportunity to hit 10 castles instead of 5, but it's still their best series of 5 that counts, not 10. People who aren't going to buy additional camps to hit can still cherry pick the best 5 castles out of the 10 so I don't think it will give a huge advantage for ruby buyers. The 5 castles I'll be leaving behind will most likely all be 10k+ castles with good castellans in which a lot of points can't be generated from.
    Would be good to get that clerified as i read that they get to add up to 5 more hits to their series... "to CONTINUE the best series or start a new one" this line confuses it i think...
    Odins Fury - The legend lives on

When you dare with me,
    You dare with Death.
  • If you can make a series of 10 then I completely agree that the update is absolute trash. However, I don't think this is what is being implemented. 

@BM ang1243 can you clarify if with rubies you can have a series of 10 potentially or will it still reset after every 5 hits?
  • YoDa (GR1)YoDa (GR1) Posts: 1
    edited 28.02.2018
    First of all,you promise to bring back the best (and olny) PVP event after more than a year, only to remove it again one day before it actually begins.We are speachless.
    Secondly,you keep changing the new "Shapeshifters" event, an overall nice,different and interesting event at the beggining,to something only for big ruby players, like you didnt drain us from rubies with the repeating "Khan's Revenge" event and the even tougher each time Royal Quests the last months.Won't say we didnt see that coming though.It's not like you did it for the first time.
    But we will run out of patience one day,if you keep making this game worse.
    Do not change the "Alliance Tournament" event mechanism or its rewards.
  • guys for AT i made 9 k defence 

GGE cause of u now def is eating my food 

and no AT  plus my coins r wasted 

nw plz GEt AT BACK

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,845AU1
    guys for AT i made 9 k defence 

GGE cause of u now def is eating my food 

and no AT  plus my coins r wasted 

nw plz GEt AT BACK
    I wouldn't expect compensation for this, but I also wish we would get something. I actually lost sleep because of this event as I was hoarding all my horrors and vet horrors to send many attacks during AT. The hours I spent in the middle of night feeding troops the past couple of days so they didn't starve is something GGE can never give back to me. Now I regret doing it and I'll probably never plan ahead again just for GGS to once again let us all down. 
    I thought about planing ahead for sams but since dates didn't match up I didn't and suprise in the end it got replaced by nomads. I used to run -15k or higher everywhere now I run at most -10k in some places.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 28.02.2018

I will wait for the alliance tournament to come out before I comment on it.

The shapeshifter event should go for longer.  Maybe not as long as it used to, but 2 days is a waste.

I just noticed that the event is going to be 7 days long  and not 5 which that I can agree upon was too short for this kind of event. I thought it was only going to be 5, but glad that GGS changed it after only recently noticing the schedule for Shapeshifters in March. Even with the reduced costs in insignias for the set I still think that five days might have been too short possibly for an event that is limited to only 5 or with runes 10 totems per day. 
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1

No, it is not equal. The booster may not affect rankings, however ruby buyers will be able to hit twice as many shifters as non-buyers because of these "attack runes". Thus enabling them to effectively get twice as large a score as someone who doesn't buy more attack runes yet is still a skilled attacker.
    You may have a point. Maybe it would still be a series of five, but it could also increase your chances of being lucky in finding a small totem as well. Unlocking 10 could increase your chances of being more lucky and also getting more charms as well especially if you were going to hit all 10. Obviously, you could easily hit all of the smallest totems first to generate the most points even it were still going to be only a series of five.

Ruby buyers and especially ruby whales could still benefit from the runes, because it would increase their chances of being lucky even if it were only going to be a series of 5 instead of 10. I agree that a series of 10 would be unfair, but even with just a series of five unlocking five extra totems with just a series of five could still have the potential of raising your score higher than everyone else who does not buy the runes. And so there is a pro and con of being able to buy runes even without a series of 10. The pros are an increased chance of getting more lucky in finding a small totem for a player who wants to score higher in the rankings and also getting more charms and the con is that an increased chance of luck from buying runes could also have the potential of raising your score higher than people who do not buy runes. Important to keep in mind that some players in this game also have low activity, temporarily inactive for various reasons and might be under the bird, lost troops because of starvation or from a pvp attack, or quit the game entirely which that of in itself could possibly help explain why some players have a low number of Shapeshifters.
    commander what you get for charms is not so strong as the insignia commander. and now everyplayer can espionage all 10 shapeshifters and pick 5 of them where to attack for free so if you pick best 5 first theres no good reason to buy more.

• Yes, that's the whole point David. You're not spending rubies to lower your score, but to raise it...
    The real question is 'do ruby buyers have too large of an advantage?' It isn't 'do they have an advantage?'

If my theory of how you can attack all 10 camps is correct, then it will potentially double charm but not a huge increase in insignia. Insignia is the currency that everyone is after where charm is used for inferior equipment, decor, etc. so I don't have a problem with people being able to essentially buy more charm and charm boosters. Also, (assuming the same theory as we don't know the correct answer yet) I don't believe the amount of insignia you can get will be increased too much.

Everyone will still have the opportunity to spy all 10 castles and cherry pick the best ones. Whether you're a ruby buyer or not, if you have a fresh series going everyone has the same strategy: Attack the best 5. If one attack didn't go as planned, then a ruby buyer would have to finish the series (probably going after the worse castles) and then start a new series with the 5th through 10th castles. One of those 5-10th attacks could easily not go as planned, and neither series is what the attacker was hoping for. Yes, What if your 7th attack doesn't go as planned? Do you keep spending rubies until you have all 10 camps unlocked and finish the series, or do you go into the next day and hit 3 castles, then buy 5  more after that and hope it works out? This gives ruby buyers an advantage, but I would assume we all know by now this is a 'free to play, pay to win' game so it is what is expected. We don't really know the specifics yet, most importantly, how much does it cost to unlock an additional 5 camps. 

Maybe we should ask questions before we just instantly hate on something we really don't know much about. I could easily see this working just fine.

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 28.02.2018

You may have a point. Maybe it would still be a series of five, but it could also increase your chances of being lucky in finding a small totem as well. Unlocking 10 could increase your chances of being more lucky and also getting more charms as well especially if you were going to hit all 10. Obviously, you could easily hit all of the smallest totems first to generate the most points even it were still going to be only a series of five.

Ruby buyers and especially ruby whales could still benefit from the runes, because it would increase their chances of being lucky even if it were only going to be a series of 5 instead of 10. I agree that a series of 10 would be unfair, but even with just a series of five unlocking five extra totems with just a series of five could still have the potential of raising your score higher than everyone else who does not buy the runes. And so there is a pro and con of being able to buy runes even without a series of 10. The pros are an increased chance of getting more lucky in finding a small totem for a player who wants to score higher in the rankings and also getting more charms and the con is that an increased chance of luck from buying runes could also have the potential of raising your score higher than people who do not buy runes. Important to keep in mind that some players in this game also have low activity, temporarily inactive for various reasons and might be under the bird, lost troops because of starvation or from a pvp attack, or quit the game entirely which that of in itself could possibly help explain why some players have a low number of Shapeshifters.
    commander what you get for charms is not so strong as the insignia commander. and now everyplayer can espionage all 10 shapeshifters and pick 5 of them where to attack for free so if you pick best 5 first theres no good reason to buy more.

Espionage all 10? Interesting. But, the five extra you would still not be able to hit without first buying the runes. If there were a small number of shapeshifters from totems that you are not allowed to hit from an espionage report that would mean if you wanted more easy points that would mean buying those runes if you are lucky in finding a small totem that you can not hit because of you being required to buy runes first in order to hit it. That would be in assuming though you are not allowed to chose what targets you want to hit first without the runes.

It is unclear to me if you could hit just any random five Shapeshifter targets or being limited to only just a select number of targets without buying the runes. If I wanted to hit something like Terra for example, but could not because of it requiring runes to hit it. Or, if I can hit any random number of the five that I want and any extra would require runes. As for the commander I think that is only slightly weaker than the one that costs insignias and even the apprentice could be arguably better than the Foreign Warlord for pvp.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.