We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Unrealistic Quests?

http://prntscr.com/ib9n5q
http://prntscr.com/ib9nbg

Are we supposed to make 1.5 Million glory in 2 days?

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,832AU1
    Throw those horsetails at everything in your sight  :D

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • many fakers abuse with ''GLORY BOOST''  they make def solders and attack them and this is not fair play
  • you don't need to do a glory boost . just hit as many FI as you can........ I'll be done in only 1 hour...... so how unrealistic you think this quest is?? Just put a little work to it instead of wanting to get everything at no effort at all. As far as the "abuse" of the glory boost.... what's wrong with alliances work together this way? It doesn't always have to be fighting against eachother, working together is a possibility too you know
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) Posts: 387US1
    you don't need to do a glory boost . just hit as many FI as you can........ I'll be done in only 1 hour...... so how unrealistic you think this quest is?? Just put a little work to it instead of wanting to get everything at no effort at all. As far as the "abuse" of the glory boost.... what's wrong with alliances work together this way? It doesn't always have to be fighting against eachother, working together is a possibility too you know
    You would get 1.5 mil in one hour by hitting FL that have 400-500 troops in it?
    You're a better man than i.
  • you don't need to do a glory boost . just hit as many FI as you can........ I'll be done in only 1 hour...... so how unrealistic you think this quest is?? Just put a little work to it instead of wanting to get everything at no effort at all. As far as the "abuse" of the glory boost.... what's wrong with alliances work together this way? It doesn't always have to be fighting against eachother, working together is a possibility too you know
    Yeah of course you get 1.5 mil off of 500 soldier castles in 1 hour, you're the best player ever.
    I'm not saying i've never done 1.5 in 2 days, i'm just saying 1.5 in 2 days is very unrealistic for most people, since 400 castles give around 10k with red banners, meaning i need to hit 150 of em with red banners every attack, doable but very unrealistic.
    Also, i'm not expecting anything without effort, i will happily work like a plowhorse for my rewards, i'm just saying they shouldn't be TOO time consuming.
  • U dont need to do that quest...u can buy the reward for rubies,thats the goal of this "Quests"

• Soul4Life2 (NL1)Soul4Life2 (NL1) Posts: 277NL1
    edited 10.02.2018

Let Me take a stab at your question of whats wrong with glory boosts and alliances working together.

1) it makes a total and utter mockery of Glory, makes traditional PVP redundant, hell it even makes FI redundant.  Whats the point in doing either of those things if you can just get pretty much unlimited glory and a fraction of the time / effort / expense.

2) glory boosting at least on the UK server is done Mainly by Shell alliances / multis.  So basically it is done by cheaters that run multiple accounts as its much much easier to do this way, and there are no downsides of ending up with no def left.  as who cares on a shell.

3) glory boosting has already ruined some of the best events in the game, ie GGE have taken away the Alliance tourney & the great tourney, as a direct result of boosting.  

So thats whats wrong with glory boosting, i dont think its too much of an exageration to say boosting has ruined the whole mechanic of glory, and has contributed to the death of PVP and has 100% killed of 2 of the best events in the game being the alliance tourney and the great tourney.  All becasue some players found a nice easy "glitch" "cheat" "shortcut" "easy way out"  to get glory.  Never mind about it ruining the game mechanics or gameplay or premise of the game as long as its easy. 

So thats what I think is wrong with boosting.
    Oh well.... apperently if you don't like it when other players found a short cut  you have to call them cheaters eh? Instead of thinking.... damn.. they'e smart or something else that's positive. Too easy to call everyone who's smarter a cheater and also too easy to jump to conclusions that it's mainly done by shells and more then that, saying it will be costless and effortless? I think it's a great way to help eachother on both ways. The one alliance can get rid of their overload of their defenders (made or won) and the player(s) from the other alliance might be able to reach a rank  that was just beyond their reach. That's not cheating, but smart and loyal playing.
    And for the record, it's not the players that used an occasional Gloryboost that ruined the gameplay, it's GGE it self that ruined the original gameplay by making it ( in my opinion ) more interesting for players that are not really in to PvP but like the game for different reasons.
    That GGE will use the fact that players discovered a glitch, cheat, shortcut or easy way out for a reason to take an event with way more bugs then they could fix out, is not unusual, but taking the easy way out from their side.
    I rather give another player a chance to run a gloryboost on me then that my overload of defenders will starve to death or take up space that I need for attackers, nothing wrong with that.
    But, reading your post I must conclude that you are one of those PvP Diehards that want everyone to do PVP instead of letting everyone doing what they like, after all there are more people still playing this game because of the various events then because they love the PvP aspect of the game.

Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 275US1
    you don't need to do a glory boost . just hit as many FI as you can........ I'll be done in only 1 hour...... so how unrealistic you think this quest is?? Just put a little work to it instead of wanting to get everything at no effort at all. As far as the "abuse" of the glory boost.... what's wrong with alliances work together this way? It doesn't always have to be fighting against eachother, working together is a possibility too you know

Let Me take a stab at your question of whats wrong with glory boosts and alliances working together.

1) it makes a total and utter mockery of Glory, makes traditional PVP redundant, hell it even makes FI redundant.  Whats the point in doing either of those things if you can just get pretty much unlimited glory and a fraction of the time / effort / expense.

2) glory boosting at least on the UK server is done Mainly by Shell alliances / multis.  So basically it is done by cheaters that run multiple accounts as its much much easier to do this way, and there are no downsides of ending up with no def left.  as who cares on a shell.

3) glory boosting has already ruined some of the best events in the game, ie GGE have taken away the Alliance tourney & the great tourney, as a direct result of boosting.  

So thats whats wrong with glory boosting, i dont think its too much of an exageration to say boosting has ruined the whole mechanic of glory, and has contributed to the death of PVP and has 100% killed of 2 of the best events in the game being the alliance tourney and the great tourney.  All becasue some players found a nice easy "glitch" "cheat" "shortcut" "easy way out"  to get glory.  Never mind about it ruining the game mechanics or gameplay or premise of the game as long as its easy. 

we are talking about a simple 100% boost , that's is nothing. its like using 100 cheep blue flags. It cost a lot of resources to activate , so if you are in a smaller alliance , you won't use the boost as much, but if you are in a big alliance , more will donate so , the boost can run longer. There is NO way the boost is the reason why the Alliance tourney and Great tourney went dead , its because of the players whining about being attacked by stronger players , and the fact that the tourney has major glitches. It's not cheating , everyone can use the boost !!
  • we are talking about a simple 100% boost , that's is nothing. its like using 100 cheep blue flags. It cost a lot of resources to activate , so if you are in a smaller alliance , you won't use the boost as much, but if you are in a big alliance , more will donate so , the boost can run longer. There is NO way the boost is the reason why the Alliance tourney and Great tourney went dead , its because of the players whining about being attacked by stronger players , and the fact that the tourney has major glitches. It's not cheating , everyone can use the boost !!
    That's not what is meant by a glory boost.

In this context, "glory boosting" is when an alliance stations thousands or tens of thousands of defenders at a certain castle and sets up poor defenses in order to coordinate with an attack from another player at that castle. The result is that the attacker can get millions of glory points in a single attack by wiping out tens of thousands of defenders due to intentionally poor defense setup and cooperation between both parties.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • TheBlueIcicle (US1)TheBlueIcicle (US1) Posts: 1,199US1
    edited 11.02.2018
    Oh well.... apperently if you don't like it when other players found a short cut  you have to call them cheaters eh? Instead of thinking.... damn.. they'e smart or something else that's positive. Too easy to call everyone who's smarter a cheater and also too easy to jump to conclusions that it's mainly done by shells and more then that, saying it will be costless and effortless? I think it's a great way to help eachother on both ways. The one alliance can get rid of their overload of their defenders (made or won) and the player(s) from the other alliance might be able to reach a rank  that was just beyond their reach. That's not cheating, but smart and loyal playing.
    And for the record, it's not the players that used an occasional Gloryboost that ruined the gameplay, it's GGE it self that ruined the original gameplay by making it ( in my opinion ) more interesting for players that are not really in to PvP but like the game for different reasons.
    That GGE will use the fact that players discovered a glitch, cheat, shortcut or easy way out for a reason to take an event with way more bugs then they could fix out, is not unusual, but taking the easy way out from their side.
    I rather give another player a chance to run a gloryboost on me then that my overload of defenders will starve to death or take up space that I need for attackers, nothing wrong with that.
    But, reading your post I must conclude that you are one of those PvP Diehards that want everyone to do PVP instead of letting everyone doing what they like, after all there are more people still playing this game because of the various events then because they love the PvP aspect of the game.
    This game is a PvP game. Events were never meant to be the main part of the game, and neither was glory boosting. Yes, it is GGE's responsibility to fix exploits, but it's also the responsible of the players to play the game the way it was intended rather than distorting the nature of PvP.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 11.02.2018
    http://prntscr.com/ib9n5q
    http://prntscr.com/ib9nbg

Are we supposed to make 1.5 Million glory in 2 days?
    I agree it is unrealistic.In fact I get lucky if I can even reach the start of page 6 before the Foreign or Bloodcrow Invasion ends. Not to mention that it is over a period of only a little over 2 days as well. That would mean you have to make like at least 750,000 glory points per day despite the fact overall there seems to be more small castles than big ones.

If you want my honest opinion I think that making 1 million glory points in only 2 days would be more realistic than 1.5 million glory points especially when you consider the fact that least for me anyway it would take me at least 3 or 4 days total usually to even make 1 million glory points instead of only in 2 days or less. I know that these quests are meant to be challenging, but still even just 1 million glory points in only 2 days is by no means easy to get either and I think that would be much more reasonable than 1.5 million glory. Not to mention that the recruiting and looting requirements are also massive as well.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • kampo (US1)kampo (US1) Posts: 275US1
    we are talking about a simple 100% boost , that's is nothing. its like using 100 cheep blue flags. It cost a lot of resources to activate , so if you are in a smaller alliance , you won't use the boost as much, but if you are in a big alliance , more will donate so , the boost can run longer. There is NO way the boost is the reason why the Alliance tourney and Great tourney went dead , its because of the players whining about being attacked by stronger players , and the fact that the tourney has major glitches. It's not cheating , everyone can use the boost !!
    That's not what is meant by a glory boost.

In this context, "glory boosting" is when an alliance stations thousands or tens of thousands of defenders at a certain castle and sets up poor defenses in order to coordinate with an attack from another player at that castle. The result is that the attacker can get millions of glory points in a single attack by wiping out tens of thousands of defenders due to intentionally poor defense setup and cooperation between both parties.
    lmao , well you can say I don't glory boost :) Bunch of cheaters !!
  • KingChampion (ASIA1)KingChampion (ASIA1) Posts: 2,107ASIA1
    If quests are too much difficult, just ignore them
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited 11.02.2018
    If quests are too much difficult, just ignore them
    Yeah, but pmuch all the other 4 are very easy to complete, it's just that the FI quests can give so random results, when using the same amount of flags one FI run can give you 2 million glory and one could give 500k.
    I managed to do it but actually the looting was the thing that got me. 6 Million loot in 2 days is hard even for people like me with maxed towers. Especially during FI
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 767US1

please press Ctrl+U before writing anything else again to make sure underline is off
    all that underlined text hurt my eyes and was hard to read
    btw how/why did you even turn on underline? I was going to quote that giant block of text then reply with a pic of the button that turns off underline, but            \/

Anyhoo...ya 1.5 mil was a stupid idea, just like every other one that GGS comes up with. 
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
  • If quests are too much difficult, just ignore them
    Yeah, but pmuch all the other 4 are very easy to complete, it's just that the FI quests can give so random results, when using the same amount of flags one FI run can give you 2 million glory and one could give 500k.
    I managed to do it but actually the looting was the thing that got me. 6 Million loot in 2 days is hard even for people like me with maxed towers. Especially during FI
    Six million loot is incredibly easy during the samurai and nomad events, but like you said, it's more difficult during FL's.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• If quests are too much difficult, just ignore them
    Six million loot is incredibly easy during the samurai and nomad events, but like you said, it's more difficult during FL's.
    Yep, i got capped at 3.7 and maybe total 5.7 for the week, since nomads started i'm up to this. Today is sunday :

http://prntscr.com/idcez7
  • Oh well.... apperently if you don't like it when other players found a short cut  you have to call them cheaters eh? Instead of thinking.... damn.. they'e smart or something else that's positive. Too easy to call everyone who's smarter a cheater and also too easy to jump to conclusions that it's mainly done by shells and more then that, saying it will be costless and effortless? I think it's a great way to help eachother on both ways. The one alliance can get rid of their overload of their defenders (made or won) and the player(s) from the other alliance might be able to reach a rank  that was just beyond their reach. That's not cheating, but smart and loyal playing.
    This game is a PvP game. Events were never meant to be the main part of the game, and neither was glory boosting. Yes, it is GGE's responsibility to fix exploits, but it's also the responsible of the players to play the game the way it was intended rather than distorting the nature of PvP.
    that's your opinion.... After all it's GGE who decides what should be the mainfocus of the game...... and that's what you gotta deal with. It's no where stated it's ONLY a PvP game... so let everyone enjoy the game the way they like it. either PvP or eventwise should we?
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
Sign In to comment.