We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: Mid-January Update

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 09.01.2018
    I feel like no one at ggs has a clue of PvP
    A 110% ranged 110% melee commander IN PVP is bonkers , I will not even bother defending against that commander.
    That commaner , if implemented the way they state it atm , will be the strongest one in the game by lightyears.
    If someone sends properly tooled attacked with that and you do not have either an eagle demon or winged knight + look or a 70%+ cry cast you can forgett getting any decent result.
    120% cry and 110% ranged & melee is not something you can do on a PvP commander.
    And the 140% wall etc. does not really help.

You are forgetting that it is also an insignia commander and so of course this kind of commander would need to at least be comparable to commanders you can get for top 100 from the invasions or perhaps better to motivate people to participate in the event especially from top players; although, I can imagine this commander might be really expensive as well to get the equipment and gems and may take months or possibly even a year or more to get the full set. A lot of people complained too about the gem cap and wanted to boycott the game as a result. Remember that? We do need history to repeat itself. Also, 10% is really not that much more than what you would get from a cast with 100% ranged and 100% melee. Also, it can be really expensive as well to get level 20 equipment.
    It is not comparable, it is way not just stronger than bc pr Elementalist or Highlander.
    It has high cry and good flank and 110% ranged and good wall moat gate stats.
    The caps for PvP are there for a reason and came half a year ago. Cause things like 100% late detection, 189% melee on casts, 175 ranged comms were completely broken after the introduction from Elementalist and eagle demon.
    And that commander is not balanced even if it takes a year to get.
    Only slightly unbalanced perhaps though in comparison to what it was before the gem cap. My Foreign Warlord for example has 105% courtyard with four level 9 courtyard gems which is actually more than what you would get from the Apprentice which only has 100% courtyard bonus total, but the point is that I think that the Apprentice was actually meant to be comparable to the Foreign Warlord, but somewhat better with some differences to motivate people to get the complete set. The courtyard from the Master may be a little high because of it being comparable to four level 11 courtyard gems plus the Foreign Warlord, but take notice as well the commander also does not have a bonus for the front from the set. Frontal bonuses can have an advantage as well which is lacking in this commander.
    I don't know what you mean by apprentice but did you see there is 2 different commanders in shapeshifter event? the first one is not that good.

edit: if you only have cy gems, FI com has 29flank, and both of these new coms has much more than that.

edit: crow has 125cy but flank is only 35 and range and melee are only 90
    Foreign Warlord also gets 10% middle which helps too. That would add up to 10% middle plus 29% flanks and when you do the math that totals at 39%. 40% flanks is an equivalent to that in number, but without the middle and may be better for pvp mainly because the HOL can also provide a bonus for middle as well in addition to flanks at higher level. The "Apprentice" commander for Shapeshifter could arguably be better for pvp even with slightly less glory, no middle bonus, slightly less courtyard than Foreigner with four level 9 gems, and needing level 20 to get at least 60% speed to match up with the Foreigner to speed, but I do think that the Apprentice is comparable to the Foreign Warlord despite being perhaps slightly better for pvp especially with level 20 equipment and a full set. (Although, Foreign Warlord could also get level 10, 11, and courtyard 12 gems as well which would be much higher than the 100% courtyard from Apprentice.)
    ok, but if have 29flank you don't get through the wall, and if you have 10 in front doesn't help that. and that apprentice commander is not so good, its the other one which is too good. there is 50 flank and 120 cy, and gate is really good so there is no need for front bonus.
    Yes, but would people still want the set if was not made better than the other top 100 equipment especially from top players who could just as easily get top 100 instead in the other invasions instead of spending time on the Shapeshifter Event? I think that the point is that GGS also wants players who are in the top 100 who also might spend the most money on the game to participate in the event as well and not only just the average player who is unable to reach top 100. These equipment were specifically designed with perhaps the intent of encouraging more pvp and attacking castles. The defense part of it from stronger alliances vs. attacking the way it is now seems to be unbalanced and much easier to win a defensive battle with a strong cast combined with the proper wall setup and enough support than to lose a defensive battle especially in the main castle. Perhaps people will participate more in hardcore mode as well with full size armies if they could get a complete set of Apprentice or Master which it is important to keep in mind there is no risk for defending during this event.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Way to kill the game a'holes. this thing surpasses all the other coms and it'll make all the casts (except the eagle/winged) look like trash casts, for example, if I spent around 400k rubies to buy the lady light or the son of north sets that means I just got screwed cuz I'll be getting an incoming with 140cy and 100/100 stats, there's no hope of surviving this with a 5 pieces set, AND it surpasses the Highlander and Even the Elementalist.

Asterius @ USofA1

• Have to agree with everyone else here when I say What is with these comms?

Too overpowered.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • Comms are interesting, least everyone can get them for free.
    Recruiter @ The Black Flag

• I dont give a sh*t, everyone is og or use fire cast so shut up and get that mf for yourself at least you dont have to spend 1.5m rubies for it...
  • @David Noble (US1) they don't need equipment to encourage PvP, the alliance tourney would do it. No need to introduce stupidly unbalanced eq for it.
    WiseDaniel @ usa 1
  • i dont see what everyone is complaining about,, if you ever hit a strong player with a super cast and a bunch of support,, even with a strong commander and breaking all 3 flanks,, you'd be lucky to kill what you sent. maybe with these new comms,, you might get 1 to 1 kill ratio..still doubt it but jus maybe,, i think they're awesome. cant wait to get one myself  ;0)
    the defender always has the upper hand, bout time they even the odds a lil bit u ask me.

edited 10.01.2018
    i dont see what everyone is complaining about,, if you ever hit a strong player with a super cast and a bunch of support,, even with a strong commander and breaking all 3 flanks,, you'd be lucky to kill what you sent. maybe with these new comms,, you might get 1 to 1 kill ratio..still doubt it but jus maybe,, i think they're awesome. cant wait to get one myself  ;0)
    the defender always has the upper hand, bout time they even the odds a lil bit u ask me.
    I agree. Defense can be overpowered too considering how much support you can get from a strong alliance. Plus, maybe more people will use defense for the HOL as well because of the Master commander. My argument is that commanders are not strong enough the way they are now vs. a castle with lots of support.

On a side note to WiseDaniel yes the alliance tournament was intended for pvp as well, but I have also seen an argument before that pvp is dead on the forum even before this commander was introduced. Obviously, the commander would have to reworked on if players think that the commander is overpowered even for a castle in a strong alliance with lots of support and even the Apprentice might have to weakened as well to such an extent that is no longer desirable in getting from the Shapeshifter event making it more pointless to participate in. If the commanders were weak enough that they were undesirable would players still want them and still participate in the event? GGS could weaken them or at least the Master Commander, but the best they have to offer should not be weakened to such an extent either that players do not want it from a brand new event which obviously needs to be better than the Apprentice.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • It's not such a big deal.

My issue is there are large discrepancies between effort and reward across the board with commanders. The Queen's Defence commander is now 3/4th best (not including ruby comms like highlander/elementalist), yet is the biggest investment in terms of game time. 99% of us haven't achieved this yet, and now it's not really worth considering. The BC and FC comms are still stronger and achievable relatively quickly.

Serious lack of development on the casta front too. The nomads casta is similarly achievable to the BC commander, but that's it. Did we need 2 new commander sets?

It'd be good to see some more castas developed with differing stats across CY, flank troops, detection, loot, fire, wall, moat etc etc.

edited 10.01.2018
    For those who have brought the power of the elements comm..its out of date - this one is better. Sorry for your loss. 
    The Elements commander is still better than the Foreign Warlord though and also better than Lotus King as well. The Elementist may not be the best commander in the game anymore, but it is still decent in comparison to lots of other commander sets and actually comparable to other top 100 commanders as well in addition to the Ivory Queen full set. All of these 9 piece sets have a lot in common already with at least some similarities to each other. This set however would need to stand out more instead of being similar to these other sets already available in the game.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) Posts: 962
    It's not such a big deal.

My issue is there are large discrepancies between effort and reward across the board with commanders. The Queen's Defence commander is now 3/4th best (not including ruby comms like highlander/elementalist), yet is the biggest investment in terms of game time. 99% of us haven't achieved this yet, and now it's not really worth considering. The BC and FC comms are still stronger and achievable relatively quickly.

Serious lack of development on the casta front too. The nomads casta is similarly achievable to the BC commander, but that's it. Did we need 2 new commander sets?

It'd be good to see some more castas developed with differing stats across CY, flank troops, detection, loot, fire, wall, moat etc etc.

Have to disagree with you about the loot/fire bits of casta's. Legendary pieces do their job fine there

• Does the 110% apply to real pvp hits or is it limited to the fake pvp shape shifter event. If this com can go over 90/90 will I be able to make other coms and have the stats count over 90/90
    shortbox @ usa 1
  • GUys just dont cry. It is good but not extreme. It has no good late detection or speed. The BC and FC comms are also 60% speed. 
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• nice update... BUT............. I'm in the middle of my 18 hours booster from the IceChampionship......... if this is going to last at least 1 hour....... will that hour be added to the time I had left or do I just loose the hour???
    And MAYBE a silly auestion..... why wasn't this update done before the IceChampionship started??? I mean..... monday would have be a good day to do the update don't ya think??
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • :D :D :D had incoming attack from khan and could not up my wall proparly ,  gonna lose a little.  no problem 

boost as well but no problem i dont care 
  • test server will be back or not?

Mustasj @ pl 1
  • wht happened to the ice cast set which u told of introducing?
    r u guys planning for introducing it tmr,v need tht more than this npc comm set :expressionless:
    i was pumped up to see the set but u guys betrayed me :disappointed:
    hope u guys introduce it soon......
    The ice cast will probably be for next month I am guessing and this month is the ice commander.
    :disappointed:

•  Dear players,

It has been brought to light that there are some doubts from your side about the high strength of the Materials of the Master Summoner set, and we would like to explain the implementation process of the set with new bonuses that go over the cap of 90% bonus to ranged and melee strength:

• Yes, this move was intended and the new set was designed to be the strongest in the game. With the constant development of the game, you will see new and different sets which might be stronger than those previously created. This is the way challenge and motivation are maintained in the game. We feel that if every year (or even 9 months) there are new, stronger sets added to the game it is normal for the game progression and allows players to strive for greater achievements and higher goals.

• This strongest set will be available for everyone. As the event is new we would like to give players an incentive to participate. Therefore we decided to include some very attractive rewards in it. Every player is able to collect this equipment, the question is not ‘if’ but ‘when’. The top 800 players on the server will still be able to get the set in 12-13 months (3-4 months later than top 100 players). Much larger amount of players will be able to get this set compared to other strong sets before, as you do not need to be in the top ranking every time in order to get one item set.

• This commander set will not be easy to get. Players should expect around 6-7 months in order to gain the full set.
      Example: The average price for one item of this set is 6 000 Insignias. Players from the top 100 will get 400 Insignias a day of the event running. If the event ran for 14 days in a month and in one iteration the top 100 players earned 5 600 points, these players would need around 9 months to get the full set.

• At a later point in time, we will introduce new Castellan sets to you which must balance the difference this commander set might bring. We will introduce it in the game at the appropriate time to ensure that both sets can be obtained in a timely manner.

We also saw some players are worried that we performed the gem rework last year to avoid overcapping in the set effects and that this set will be taken out later too. We would like to put your mind at ease, as this set intentionally has additional PVP bonuses to range and melee strength and this number is controlled. In the old system (before the gem rework) the main issue was that we could not really control the amount of the bonus and it could be even higher than 150% or even 180% (in some cases). Furthermore, the problem during the gem rework was that the majority of high-value sets were exclusive for a limited group of players and not for everyone.

In this case, we created the new effect which we can control now and in the future (none can exceed than intentional 110% bonus cap to range and melee strength) and that is what makes this situation unique from the gem rework.

We really appreciate your feedback and it will be really helpful for us during the implementation of new Shapeshifter Castellan.

Your Empire Family

@BM ang1243

While I like the fact that GGE is trying to balance things, I don't see how making another huge commander before a cast will help balance that power...

and let me guess, there will likely be tools and boosts eventually that the whales can buy to boost insignia gains?

it'll turn out to be just another revenue for GGE... 

and if they do that, I'll be gone... because this game is getting less and less enjoyable for those that choose not to buy... it'd be nice to have a few events to where one has to EARN their merits vs. buying them... especially since you have level 70.1 vs. 70.800... 
    edited 11.01.2018

Dear players,

It has been brought to light that there are some doubts from your side about the high strength of the Materials of the Master Summoner set, and we would like to explain the implementation process of the set with new bonuses that go over the cap of 90% bonus to ranged and melee strength:

• Yes, this move was intended and the new set was designed to be the strongest in the game. With the constant development of the game, you will see new and different sets which might be stronger than those previously created. This is the way challenge and motivation are maintained in the game. We feel that if every year (or even 9 months) there are new, stronger sets added to the game it is normal for the game progression and allows players to strive for greater achievements and higher goals.

• This strongest set will be available for everyone. As the event is new we would like to give players an incentive to participate. Therefore we decided to include some very attractive rewards in it. Every player is able to collect this equipment, the question is not ‘if’ but ‘when’. The top 800 players on the server will still be able to get the set in 12-13 months (3-4 months later than top 100 players). Much larger amount of players will be able to get this set compared to other strong sets before, as you do not need to be in the top ranking every time in order to get one item set.

• This commander set will not be easy to get. Players should expect around 6-7 months in order to gain the full set.
      Example: The average price for one item of this set is 6 000 Insignias. Players from the top 100 will get 400 Insignias a day of the event running. If the event ran for 14 days in a month and in one iteration the top 100 players earned 5 600 points, these players would need around 9 months to get the full set.

• At a later point in time, we will introduce new Castellan sets to you which must balance the difference this commander set might bring. We will introduce it in the game at the appropriate time to ensure that both sets can be obtained in a timely manner.

We also saw some players are worried that we performed the gem rework last year to avoid overcapping in the set effects and that this set will be taken out later too. We would like to put your mind at ease, as this set intentionally has additional PVP bonuses to range and melee strength and this number is controlled. In the old system (before the gem rework) the main issue was that we could not really control the amount of the bonus and it could be even higher than 150% or even 180% (in some cases). Furthermore, the problem during the gem rework was that the majority of high-value sets were exclusive for a limited group of players and not for everyone.

In this case, we created the new effect which we can control now and in the future (none can exceed than intentional 110% bonus cap to range and melee strength) and that is what makes this situation unique from the gem rework.

We really appreciate your feedback and it will be really helpful for us during the implementation of new Shapeshifter Castellan.

Your Empire Family

@BM ang1243

While I like the fact that GGE is trying to balance things, I don't see how making another huge commander before a cast will help balance that power...

and let me guess, there will likely be tools and boosts eventually that the whales can buy to boost insignia gains?

it'll turn out to be just another revenue for GGE... 

and if they do that, I'll be gone... because this game is getting less and less enjoyable for those that choose not to buy... it'd be nice to have a few events to where one has to EARN their merits vs. buying them... especially since you have level 70.1 vs. 70.800... 
    I think that it is because they want to keep players interested in playing the game which is another reason for the stronger equipment including it being available for the average player and not just for the top 100. If it were to happen that there where there are going to be boosters for charms, points made, and/or insignias then that may be a bit disappointing especially for non ruby buyers or average ruby buyers who are unable to compete with ruby whales (which includes those who may spend $100 a month on this game or more on this game instead of $50 or less per month); although, the Royal Capital actually functioned in the same way of having tools available to be purchased as options specifically for the event and this was an event that a lot of people miss despite that fact. The Royal Capital was by no means a "free event" if you really want to benefit the most out of the event. (Berimond Invasion functioned in the same way, but guessing that GGE does not have this invasion anymore possibly because of the bugs in addition to GGS not making enough money from this invasion. It might cost a lot of money to fix bugs as well.)

However, I think that this game also needs to be fun at least for the majority as well who play this game and not just it only being about "pay to win" which that I can agree upon even though I also spend money on this game. There are already a lot of events and invasions that already exist in the game that seem to be about "pay to win" in addition to active participation if you really want to get top 100 or better. Can GGS benefit from this event as well? It depends on it being able keep players interested in the game vs. making it just another pay to win event. I don't know about everyone else, but I do not think that we need another "pay to win" event. I think that overall people would enjoy the event more if it were not going to be like other events and invasions that already exist in the game that seems to place a high importance upon that "pay to win" type scenario. If there were any reason for tools being added into the event the only important reason I can think of is because of bugs that might cost a lot of money for GGS to fix despite the fact that GGS probably has a lot of money right now.
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.