We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: Mid-January Update

BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
Hey everyone, 

Here you can discuss tomorrow's update - you can find the details of the update HERE.

Cheers,

Angus
Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

Comments

• Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,939ASIA1
    First two commanders for pvp . Nice.
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Lady Nym (US1)Lady Nym (US1) Posts: 387US1
    ''Unfortunately, we will not able to deploy the fix for the issue with Equipment items rotation in the War of Realms and War of the Bloodcrows due to technical complexity of implementation. But it will definitely be fixed in the next update at the end of January.''H

How perfect. We can't fix something that was working perfectly fine few months ago because we had to mess with it and turn crows/lords into a joke.
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) Posts: 2,192ASIA1
    At the current rate of commanders and castellans, we are gonna have a max stats commander and castellan with heaps of troops in the wall, flank and cy bonuses. 
    Please update the Kingdom League event to a real 'ranked' event. The current event is very bad, and very unfair - I am not being placed with players on similar skill level by any means, I have dominated the last 8 out of 12 days by over 500% compared to other players, the remaining 4 a player dominated me by over 500%.

I am writing this in my signature to avoid cluttering the forums, but having the message everywhere. 
  • Now I think ShapeShifter event is worth it without those Commanders that event is worthless.

Please don't change it stats like Merry Moon Com. 
    fidelis78 @ 1
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    I feel like no one at ggs has a clue of PvP
    A 110% ranged 110% melee commander IN PVP is bonkers , I will not even bother defending against that commander.
    That commaner , if implemented the way they state it atm , will be the strongest one in the game by lightyears.
    If someone sends properly tooled attacked with that and you do not have either an eagle demon or winged knight + look or a 70%+ cry cast you can forgett getting any decent result.
    120% cry and 110% ranged & melee is not something you can do on a PvP commander.
    And the 140% wall etc. does not really help.

it is really strong, and I believe it is pretty easy to get those insignias when you are under 70
  • I feel like no one at ggs has a clue of PvP
    A 110% ranged 110% melee commander IN PVP is bonkers , I will not even bother defending against that commander.
    That commaner , if implemented the way they state it atm , will be the strongest one in the game by lightyears.
    If someone sends properly tooled attacked with that and you do not have either an eagle demon or winged knight + look or a 70%+ cry cast you can forgett getting any decent result.
    120% cry and 110% ranged & melee is not something you can do on a PvP commander.
    First off its gonna take at least half a year for the biggest players to get it. Second if gge is putting in such a loaded commander don't you think they're also gonna send out a cast. They haven't had a new good one pretty much since kala came out. 

• this commander is just too strong

• benja084 (ES1)benja084 (ES1) Posts: 9,672ES1
    First off its gonna take at least half a year for the biggest players to get it. Second if gge is putting in such a loaded commander don't you think they're also gonna send out a cast. They haven't had a new good one pretty much since kala came out. 
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/335019/ggs-boosting-defense-too-much

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/346214/limit-number-of-defenders-in-the-cy

In other words: They set a terrible unfair bonus for defense and a terrible unfair bonus for attack.

Great GGE! Bravo!

cat

"There is no such a thing as an empty space or an empty time. There is always something to see, something to hear"
    "To pay attention, that is our endless and propper work"

"No existe tal cosa como un espacio vacío o un tiempo vacio. Siempre hay algo que ver, algo que oír"
    "Prestar atención, ese es nuestro interminable y apropiado trabajo"
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 09.01.2018
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/335019/ggs-boosting-defense-too-much

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/346214/limit-number-of-defenders-in-the-cy

In other words: They set a terrible unfair bonus for defense and a terrible unfair bonus for attack.

Great GGE! Bravo!

To add on top of that you guys are forgetting something else of how hard it is to even win an attack against a player with a strong cast especially with support. Even if you inflict a high amount of casualties in the courtyard there is always that risk of losing an attack in both Shapeshifter and real pvp especially when you attack a strong alliance that sends lots of support. Also important to keep in mind as well that cast can go beyond 90% with a hero and the same is also true for NPC commanders. I would also agree with benja as well if he was joking about it being terrible and unfair.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 09.01.2018

You are forgetting that it is also an insignia commander and so of course this kind of commander would need to at least be comparable to commanders you can get for top 100 from the invasions or perhaps better to motivate people to participate in the event especially from top players; although, I can imagine this commander might be really expensive as well to get the equipment and gems and may take months or possibly even a year or more to get the full set. A lot of people complained too about the gem cap and wanted to boycott the game as a result. Remember that? We do need history to repeat itself. Also, 10% is really not that much more than what you would get from a cast with 100% ranged and 100% melee. Also, it can be really expensive as well to get level 20 equipment.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,801AU1

You are forgetting that it is also an insignia commander and so of course this kind of commander would need to at least be comparable to commanders you can get for top 100 from the invasions or perhaps better to motivate people to participate in the event especially from top players; although, I can imagine this commander might be really expensive as well to get the equipment and gems and may take months or possibly even a year or more to get the full set. A lot of people complained too about the gem cap and wanted to boycott the game as a result. Remember that? We do need history to repeat itself. Also, 10% is really not that much more than what you would get from a cast with 100% ranged and 100% melee. Also, it can be really expensive as well to get level 20 equipment.
    It is not comparable, it is way not just stronger than bc pr Elementalist or Highlander.
    It has high cry and good flank and 110% ranged and good wall moat gate stats.
    The caps for PvP are there for a reason and came half a year ago. Cause things like 100% late detection, 189% melee on casts, 175 ranged comms were completely broken after the introduction from Elementalist and eagle demon.
    And that commander is not balanced even if it takes a year to get.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    edited 09.01.2018

It is not comparable, it is way stronger than bc or Elementalist or Highlander.
    The caps for PvP are there for a reason and came half a year ago. Cause things like 100% late detection, 189% melee on casts, 175 ranged comms were completely broken after the introduction from Elementalist and eagle demon.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    edited 09.01.2018

It is not comparable, it is way not just stronger than bc pr Elementalist or Highlander.
    Only slightly unbalanced perhaps though in comparison to what it was before the gem cap. My Foreign Warlord for example has 105% courtyard with four level 9 courtyard gems which is actually more than what you would get from the Apprentice which only has 100% courtyard bonus total, but the point is that I think that the Apprentice was actually meant to be comparable to the Foreign Warlord, but somewhat better with some differences to motivate people to get the complete set. The courtyard from the Master may be a little high because of it being comparable to four level 11 courtyard gems plus the Foreign Warlord, but take notice as well the commander also does not have a bonus for the front from the set. Frontal bonuses can have an advantage as well which is lacking in this commander.
    David Noble @ usa 1

Only slightly unbalanced perhaps though in comparison to what it was before the gem cap. My Foreign Warlord for example has 105% courtyard with four level 9 courtyard gems which is actually more than what you would get from the Apprentice which only has 100% courtyard bonus total, but the point is that I think that the Apprentice was actually meant to be comparable to the Foreign Warlord, but somewhat better with some differences to motivate people to get the complete set. The courtyard from the Master may be a little high because of it being comparable to four level 11 courtyard gems plus the Foreign Warlord, but take notice as well the commander also does not have a bonus for the front from the set. Frontal bonuses can have an advantage as well which is lacking in this commander.
    It has 120% cry 50% flank 110 ranged 110 melee 140 wall 80 moat 100 gate
    it is not compareable to fl set.
    And this can break front no problem I'd say with correct setup and front HoL bonus.

• edited 09.01.2018
    wht happened to the ice cast set which u told of introducing?
    r u guys planning for introducing it tmr,v need tht more than this npc comm set :expressionless:
    i was pumped up to see the set but u guys betrayed me :disappointed:
    hope u guys introduce it soon......
     i know its all abt SSE and the update but i'm wishing u guys will take this into consideration too,coz its too imp. 

p/s/both the comms SSE is beast with the 100 and 120 cy
    edited 09.01.2018
    wht happened to the ice cast set which u told of introducing?
    r u guys planning for introducing it tmr,v need tht more than this npc comm set :expressionless:
    i was pumped up to see the set but u guys betrayed me :disappointed:
    hope u guys introduce it soon......
    The ice cast will probably be for next month I am guessing and this month is the ice commander.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 09.01.2018

I don't know what you mean by apprentice but did you see there is 2 different commanders in shapeshifter event? the first one is not that good.

edit: if you only have cy gems, FI com has 29flank, and both of these new coms has much more than that.

edit: crow has 125cy but flank is only 35 and range and melee are only 90
    Post edited by sir-haba (SKN1) on
    edited 09.01.2018

I don't know what you mean by apprentice but did you see there is 2 different commanders in shapeshifter event? the first one is not that good.

edit: if you only have cy gems, FI com has 29flank, and both of these new coms has much more than that.

Foreign Warlord also gets 10% middle which helps too. That would add up to 10% middle plus 29% flanks and when you do the math that totals at 39%. 40% flanks is an equivalent to that in number, but without the middle and may be better for pvp mainly because the HOL can also provide a bonus for middle as well in addition to flanks at higher level. The "Apprentice" commander for Shapeshifter could arguably be better for pvp even with slightly less glory, no middle bonus, slightly less courtyard than Foreigner with four level 9 gems, and needing level 20 to get at least 60% speed to match up with the Foreigner to speed, but I do think that the Apprentice is comparable to the Foreign Warlord despite being perhaps slightly better for pvp especially with level 20 equipment and a full set. Although, Foreign Warlord could also get level 10 and 11 courtyard gems as well which some players may have and would be much higher than the 100% courtyard from Apprentice. (Very few players have level 12 or 13 gems and even the level 11 courtyard gems are really expensive in rubies to get.)
    David Noble @ usa 1

Foreign Warlord also gets 10% middle which helps too. That would add up to 10% middle plus 29% flanks and when you do the math that totals at 39%. 40% flanks is an equivalent to that in number, but without the middle and may be better for pvp mainly because the HOL can also provide a bonus for middle as well in addition to flanks at higher level. The "Apprentice" commander for Shapeshifter could arguably be better for pvp even with slightly less glory, no middle bonus, slightly less courtyard than Foreigner with four level 9 gems, and needing level 20 to get at least 60% speed to match up with the Foreigner to speed, but I do think that the Apprentice is comparable to the Foreign Warlord despite being perhaps slightly better for pvp especially with level 20 equipment and a full set. (Although, Foreign Warlord could also get level 10, 11, and courtyard 12 gems as well which would be much higher than the 100% courtyard from Apprentice.)
    ok, but if have 29flank you don't get through the wall, and if you have 10 in front doesn't help that. and that apprentice commander is not so good, its the other one which is too good. there is 50 flank and 120 cy, and gate is really good so there is no need for front bonus.
Sign In to comment.