We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Gem Forge Versus Ruby Buying Gems

Stumpyalaskan (US1)Stumpyalaskan (US1) Posts: 110US1
edited 03.01.2018 in General Discussion
It is now beyond useless to forge gems to high levels. It is a lot cheaper to just buy them. Let me give an example to show what I mean.

You need 7 level 5 gems and 1250 rubies to make a level 6 gem. (1250 rubies to make a level 6 gem) (Highest gem from towers)
You need 7 level 6 gems and 2500 rubies. to make a level 7 gem. (2500 rubies to make a level 7 gem)
You need 7 level 7 gems and 12,500 rubies to make a level 8 gem. (12,500 rubies to make a  level 8 gem)
You need  7 level 8 gems and 25,000 rubies to make a level 9 gem (25,000 rubies to make a level 9 gem)

So lets see what the in game cost is to RUBY forge a level 9 gem from level 5 gems gained from towers.

to get 1 level 9 gem
you need 7 level 8 gems (to forge to 9 is 25,000 rubies)
you need 49 level 7 gems to make the level 8 gems ( to forge to level 8 is 7 * 12,500 = 87,500)
you need 343 level 6 gems to make the level 7 gems (to forge to level 7 is 49 * 2,500 = 122,500)
you need 2401 level 5 gems to make the level 6 gems ( to forge to level 6 is 343 * 1,250 = 428,750)

So to total 25,000 + 87,500 + 122,500 + 428,750 = 663,750 rubies.

So to summarize:

If you start with 2401 level 5 gems and add 663,750 rubies you will get 1 level 9 gem of your choice.

OR

Level 9 gem of your choice on sale in game for 71,000 rubies (there is a sale on right now where you could get it for 42,000)

I think this post should just about put an end to ruby forging unless you trying to only move the gems up one level.

If someone wants to post that you can do it for gold, please look at the percentage chance of it succeeding and remember if it doesnt succeed you lose the gems. It would be next to impossible to start with level 5 gems and coin forge up to a level 9 gem in the amount of time someone would play this game.

This is a plea for GGE to do something about gem forging. This is ridiculous.

Post edited by Stumpyalaskan (US1) on
Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1

Comments

• bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 609US1
    Gee, thanks for pointing this out as we all know what GGE's response will be:  Even worse odds than they are now.
  • They have already made it worse.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
    I meant again, or even worse than it is now.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,806AU1
    Or even cheaper just get them through events for free

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    Selling all those gems one gets is boring because you have to do it one at a time - hence I forge.  Now I'm pretty sure that those chances of upgrade in both the forge and the technicus that the game shows us are pretty inflated.  One of these days I might actually start meticulously recording the attempts and results for each level.  Of course GGE probably includes the paid guaranteed upgrade ruby purchases in their upgrade percentage.  For example if they report a 10% chance of upgrade that includes the 8 guys who paid the rubies for the guaranteed upgrade in the 10 upgrades that happened out of the 100 upgrade attempts. Non ruby attempt percentage really much closer to 2%(2 out of 92).  Not saying it's that bad, but it certainly is a possibility that the percentage shown is calculated that way.
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) Posts: 765US1
    "Dear our Empire Community,
            We are very sorry to announce that we forgot to include in the update notes that the drop rate of level 5 gems will be halved. This is due to a miscalculation regarding the rates of forging higher level gems. To compensate for this, no more gems above level 8 will be rewarded. Don't worry, all gems above level 8 will not be affected, but the creation of such gems will no longer be possible.

This is a direct response to your feedback concerning higher level gems. According to the survey that we sent out in e-mail form, (which in no way was gerrymandered at all) most players are generally unhappy about the current state of gems.

We decided to perform this change to bring more balance to this game, as very high level players who worked their butts and wallets off are getting too far ahead of lower level players, who are too casual. So, to decrease this power gap, we are removing the possibility of acquiring new gems with levels higher than 8.

Due note that all player with gems level 9 or higher will be receiving a consolation compensation creation of 150 each veteran demon and deathly horrors, as well as 1 VIP point for tracking purposes.

Thank you for understanding."
    --Not Your Empire Family
    Discord: JYT#1574
    Anything I write is solely reflective of what I believe. Nothing I say should be taken as fact, and I am no one's spokesperson.
    Lmao!  :)
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    edited 05.01.2018
    It is now beyond useless to forge gems to high levels. It is a lot cheaper to just buy them. 

You need 7 level 5 gems and 1250 rubies to make a level 6 gem. (1250 rubies to make a level 6 gem) (Highest gem from towers)
    You need 7 level 6 gems and 2500 rubies. to make a level 7 gem. (2500 rubies to make a level 7 gem)
    You need 7 level 7 gems and 12,500 rubies to make a level 8 gem. (12,500 rubies to make a  level 8 gem)
    You need  7 level 8 gems and 25,000 rubies to make a level 9 gem (25,000 rubies to make a level 9 gem)

So lets see what the in game cost is to RUBY forge a level 9 gem from level 5 gems gained from towers.

to get 1 level 9 gem
    you need 49 level 7 gems to make the level 8 gems ( to forge to level 8 is 7 * 12,500 = 87,500)
    you need 343 level 6 gems to make the level 7 gems (to forge to level 7 is 49 * 2,500 = 122,500)
    you need 2401 level 5 gems to make the level 6 gems ( to forge to level 6 is 343 * 1,250 = 428,750)

So to summarize:

If you start with 2401 level 5 gems and add 663,750 rubies you will get 1 level 9 gem of your choice.

OR

Level 9 gem of your choice on sale in game for 71,000 rubies (there is a sale on right now where you could get it for 42,000)

I think this post should just about put an end to ruby forging unless you trying to only move the gems up one level.

If someone wants to post that you can do it for gold, please look at the percentage chance of it succeeding and remember if it doesnt succeed you lose the gems. It would be next to impossible to start with level 5 gems and coin forge up to a level 9 gem in the amount of time someone would play this game.

I'm going to disagree, and say that I like gems the way they are because they are already easy to get and relatively cheap to forge compared to outright buying them (hear me out first before you chop off my head, lol).

The cost of forging isn't necessarily just taking level 5 gems up through the levels.  I mean, you can, but that's crazy given the alternatives.  Do that, and yes you'll pay like crazy.  Actually most people get level 6 and 7 gems pretty easily from events.  Even the level 8 gems aren't hard if you and your alliance mates are putting effort into the game.  So the cost of forging a level 9 gem in that scenario can actually be just 25,000 rubies.  And I bet GGE has taken that into consideration.

I realize gem type is one limiting factor (the trade-off to me having 106 level 8 reward gems of mixed types, is that I can only make so many level 9s of the right type).  But I think that's one reason why the cost of forging a level 6 is 1,250 instead of something higher.

If GGE reduced the cost of forging gems (say level 6 gems cost 300 rubies, and the forging of a level 9 was reduced to 6,000 gems), you can bet the rewards of level 8 gems will be severely throttled if not completely removed except for first place finishes.  We'd all have to start forging or direct-buying instead of earning our level 6s, 7s, and 8s.

Let me say that YES I agree the cost of gems, forging, etc. are waaaaay too high.  But mostly in the sense that the cost of pretty much everything is too high from GGE, the company that squeezes blood out of rocks.  In terms of market balance though, considering what you can get for free via rewards and upgrade for just 25,000 rubies, it's not looking as bad.

Yes cost = too high in the sense that everything in this game is, but 664k versus 71k isn't really an apples to apples comparison given the availability of freebies.
    • You can get several level 9s by spending 25,000 rubies on your free level 8 gem rewards.  Much cheaper than outright buying.
    • You can get several more 9s by spending 112,500 rubies using level 7 gem rewards.  A bit more expensive than the 71k purchase.  Silly to do but I bet people would forgive you.  Chances are though, you leveled those 7s up a while ago, and what you're looking at now is just leveling them up once more to level 9 for 25,000 rubies.
    • You can get several more 9s by spending 235,000 rubies using level 6 gem rewards.  Now it's getting into crazy talk.
    • Forging a level 5 all the way up though?  Haha, I hope nobody has ever done that either.
    Don't have enough of those gems to make the number of high level ones you want?  Well... good.  Some things shouldn't be cakewalks in this game.  We have enough of those already.

You can even remove existing level 8 equipped gems for just 5,000 rubies each and use them in the forge if you're low on free inventory, it is cheaper than the outright buy as well.  In that case it's 45,000 rubies to make a level 9 gem (25,000 + 5,000 + 5,000 + 5,000 + 5,000).  Less than the 71k outright buy.

You can bank on it, they'll see no reason to reduce the cost unless they severely restrict our ability to obtain the level 6s, 7s and 8s via rewards.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • It is now beyond useless to forge gems to high levels. It is a lot cheaper to just buy them. Let me give an example to show what I mean.

to get 1 level 9 gem

So to summarize:

OR

OR
    You can do the unthinkable thing and actually WORK for your gems?
    Top 100 in monthly, top 50 in FI etc.
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723

OR
    You can do the unthinkable thing and actually WORK for your gems?
    Top 100 in monthly, top 50 in FI etc.
    Well he's pretty high end, I don't think working for things is an issue there.

If you're going to discuss the mechanics of what goes into the pricing of these gems (including what you get via rewards) fine, but making ignorant assumptions about people doesn't help this thread.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
Sign In to comment.