We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Shapeshifter Known issues

Comments

• i mean BM angi1243
  • BM ang1243 BM ang1243 Posts: 3,836
    edited 19.12.2017

Could just have looked in the original announcement: 

Much quicker to just look there rather than wait for @BM angi1243 to reply ;) You're over level 30 now, right, so can see it? :p
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 19.12.2017
    Thank you GGE for fixing the pvp commander bonuses and at least some of the other bugs. A few less things to complain about. Plenty of other bugs that might still need to be fixed though including daily tasks. 

You did not fix all of the bugs yet, because I am still having problems with daily tasks. The timer will go past midnight and will also reset once as well long before midnight resulting in me having to start the daily tasks all over again before I can even get the 100 rubies for completing it. I can still get the 100 rubies after the reset, but I had an entire day once that did not have daily tasks and the same might happen again today possibly as well of not being able to do the daily tasks. The daily tasks are supposed to appear every day and also not overlap and skip a day. I mentioned something similar to this in the bugwatch thread as well and it still needs to be fixed. I never had this bug before we had gotten the new Shapeshifter Event added into the game.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
    GGE wasn't going to hotfix the bugs this soon.  They were going to let it ride out, and wait  to fix the issues next time around.

But apparently GGE found something to encourage them to address the bugs quickly.  Now, I don't want to  speculate what that catalyst might have been... but let's just say we all know it sure as heck wasn't the commander glitch.
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
  • So if there was a bug that GAVE twice as much glory from hits then GGE would put a full team of experience programmers on it 24/7 in a locked room until they fixed it, rather than the part time IT intern they let work on the glory REDUCTION that hits twice a day. Between going for coffee, pastries, and doing "other assigned duties" of course.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
    edited 20.12.2017
    Edit: I freaked out and thought that I lost an army when the totem reset before they landed because of them not returning back to the outpost I attacked from, but they actually went to the main castle. This was on normal mode. Possibly a glitch as well.

David Noble @ usa 1
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) Posts: 573AU1
    I lost a huge army even though it was set on normal mode when the totem reset on me shortly before the army landed.
    I  lost  in similar circs so am hoping they'll return troops but support has gone suspiciously quiet..
    Shares @ au 1
  • @Shares (AU1)

According to the post by BM ang1243, the 500 horsetail and other equipment they gave in compensation was supposed to compensate for ALL issues coming from ShapeShifters.Support would not be answering tickets dealing with it. Please see the post where he talked about the compensation to make sure I am remembering it correctly.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
    edited 20.12.2017
    I lost a huge army even though it was set on normal mode when the totem reset on me shortly before the army landed.
    I  lost  in similar circs so am hoping they'll return troops but support has gone suspiciously quiet..
    At first I thought that I lost them, but they went to the main castle instead of my outpost. (Look at my edited version.) That still does not seem right though.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 20.12.2017
    At first I thought that I lost them, but they went to the main castle instead of my outpost. (Look at my edited version.) That still does not seem right though.
    Thats what I was talking about..I sent attack and went to bed,  troops returned from op to mc on where I already had food issues. AS a result 4k ruby troops starved..

And Ive now heard from support with the usual..'pls provide details via screenshots etc' baloney which means I wouldve had to know it was going to happen and then realise it did straight away {I deleted the food shortage message at the time as I thought it was a normal situation } ..will restate case and see what happens... 21/12 AEDT
    Post edited by Shares (AU1) on
    Shares @ au 1
    edited 20.12.2017
    @Shares (AU1)

According to the post by BM ang1243, the 500 horsetail and other equipment they gave in compensation was supposed to compensate for ALL issues coming from ShapeShifters.Support would not be answering tickets dealing with it. Please see the post where he talked about the compensation to make sure I am remembering it correctly.
    At moment i cant find it but Ive seen no compensation re the shitters..the one Ive seen is in related to the loss of glory bug...searching now

found it in this thread..is only meant to compensate for glory/gallantry issues 

Hotfix | 15/12/2017|⌚ Start 9.30-13.00 CET | ⌛ Downtime ~ 60 mins

"
    This package will be given out on Monday 18.12.17.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to compensate problems caused by this issue individually, so, our customer support team will not compensate further for issues regarding this topic."   'this topic' being glory/gallantry loss...

Shares @ au 1
  • @Shares (AU1)

You are correct. I would bet we will see something similar for shapers or maybe just nothing at all. If they wait long enough we will just forget about it. It is Christmas after all and they hope we will think about other things.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • The double tools? Fixed immediately... but tanking glory titles?  Still lingering.

Enough said.

FIX THE GLORY DECAY -- clear enough GGE?
  • Nambala (AU1)Nambala (AU1) Posts: 164AU1
    The double tools? Fixed immediately... but tanking glory titles?  Still lingering.

Enough said.

FIX THE GLORY DECAY -- clear enough GGE?
    The spy bug has been going more than 6 months now.  But see we don't get any benefit from the spy bug or the glory bug, so there's no reason to fix it.  I mean, if they fix the things we hate about the game instead of only the occasional bug that actually benefits us ... well ... players might start actually enjoying it again.  
    Nambala @ au 1
  • Had my troops show up at my main instead of the op that I sent them from (12/21/17 22:00 AST). Just in case they actually tried to fix it.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • this event is a waste of time..dump it gge
    edited 23.12.2017
    this event is a waste of time..dump it gge
    But it is also a side event that is completely optional and the only pvp event currently available. Plenty of people complaining about the event despite the fact that there will also be a commander expected to come out later as well and of course if this event were to be removed permanently then just like some of the other sets like the Berimond Invasion commander for example you might have to spend rubies to buy if really want the equipment and also gems because of it being a 9 piece commander as the only way to get the set instead of being able to get it from this event. (Bloodcrows and Foreigners do not in any way reflect real pvp at all even though they may sometimes have big castles as well and especially because of their weak attacks and large number of small and/or weak castles.)

There could also be an argument that purchasing gold coins, tools and/or ruby soldiers should be included in this event as well, but this event may not necessarily have been intended to replace the royal capital event or the alliance tournament either which might help explain why the rewards are so limited to only bags, decorations, and later commander sets.

A waste of time? That depends largely on how many tools you have, having trouble feeding your troops or not, and can afford to take your time attacking with a large army on targets that are limited to only five totems per day. I don't know about you, but I always have plenty of  20% rams, 20% breaching ladders, 15% shields, and even ruby moat tools now without ever having to spend rubies to buy them. I always have plenty of them without ever needing to spend rubies to have more. Plenty of ways to get the 15% shield tools, 20% breaching ladders, and 20% rams as well including gifts, pro mode wheel of fortune which requires you to spend money on the game only once to even unlock it, and especially from the monthly events to name at least a few examples of this. You can also get a large amount of these tools on the last couple of pages of the monthly events until page 20 as well. Also included in the monthly events is a huge number of fast moat tools (with 28 speed) that could also be used for pvp as well and some of the tools could be returned back even if you lose the battle as well.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.