We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Shapeshifter Known issues

Comments

• OxO (AU1) said:
    a gift package of 500 shield walls, breaching towers heavy rams, 250 boulders, 500 deathly horrors and 500 demon horrors sounds good to me
    although i appreciate the efforts to compensate us, i have to agree with Cbee... work out the bugs on the test server, then roll it out. not trying to be overly-critical but think this is kinda a pattern no? just sayin.  :p
  • How come I don't show up on the rankings for the Shapeshifter insignias despite earning points? 
    I'm not exactly an expert on this event, kind of confusing to me, but I believe you need to hit 5 shapeshifters before you can be ranked. The rank is determined by your best series of 5, so if you haven't attacked 5 of them yet you did not complete a series, giving you no rank.  
  • macdrizzleer (US1)macdrizzleer (US1) Posts: 88US1
    edited 16.12.2017
    You lose tools on normal mode, first wave of tools is lost on normal mode. - That's a bug and is not on your list.
    In test server, all the tools that were used on attack (normal mode) returned (same numbers of tools) to main castle. Also when you get attacked by a shape castle, it shows as a castellan (the attacker) not a commander. In test server there was no problem like this. 
    Why in real servers run bugs and in test server event has no problems.
    Again sistem shows how fake they are. Run an event that has problems (FOR 12 days) and they know that the event has problems.
    Whats the point of Hard Mode even, you lose tools on normal mode if you get wiped by defender, and you lose like all tools, and nothing returns back.
    This event is made just to eat players tools/feathers and nothing else. 
    @Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)

You are meant to lose tools in normal mode when attacking.

Why do we have a test server if you do trial runs of half-finished events on the actual servers anyways?
    @Bear Grills (US1) 

I agree - we shouldn't have a test server as it is setup right now....

https://prnt.sc/hnzcx3

When i click these buttons the usual pop up doesnt pop 
    i had to pull the arrow from inventory to add some more

Hey @Tanzim1 (INT1)

That looks like a local issue - try clearing your cache and cookies.

Are you supposed to loose anything in defence ?
    http://prntscr.com/ho00tt
    This is one of the battle reports
    he lost his sols in defence which is not stated in the event info
    it says defenders doesnt loose sols or tools in a defence attack.
    http://prntscr.com/ho01ya
    thats what it says
    please check and reply if anyone else countered this bug.
    @LordAdi (IN1)

It will appear as a normal battle with normal losses in the battle report, etc. but the defender won't actually lose anything.

Sadly, the glory decay issue doesn't appear to be corrected. And, as comments weren't included as an option in the "Hotfix" thread... there's no place to advise GGE. Honestly, thats one major major BUG.
    @BeaAdventurer (US1)

The Glory decay bug should have been fixed for last night's glory decay - which was 4 hours and 15 mins after your post - let me know if you still don't think it has been fixed :D 

I attacked the shapeshifters . The shapeshifter totems changed after midnight and my attackers somehow returned to my main castle and I lost most my attackers and defenders due to food starvation because they got returned to my main castle.

@Inspector (AU1) @FabulousMUSHY (AU1)

This is one of the known issues mentioned in the original post....

@BM ang1243      this is new update or a bug 

http://prntscr.com/ho2zpb

http://prntscr.com/ho2zv8

this start to piss me off so please can i have an anser ?
    @"Madara. (INT1)"

This is one of the bugs mentioned in the original post on this thread.

https://prnt.sc/ho5axw
    someone pls fix this
    i attacked everyone of shoplifter and and one of my attack is not included

@Shadow fighter (IN1)

Thanks for reporting this issue - I've passed it onto our QA team.

attacked while in protection  lost my defenders please replace
    @dusty9 (GB1)

You won't have actually lost these troops - it just shows up like that in the battle report.

p.s. @Everyone just a couple of things....

Most of these bugs mentioned here were only discovered after launching the event on the live servers, we already found lots of bugs and repaired them from 1) The internal testing servers 2) The Open Beta Server 3) The early release live server (PL1) 

With such a big new event like this - it's impossible to find all of the bugs internally before going live - which is why we haven't released things like the equipment - this is really a trial run - however AFAIK you'll be able to save all your insignias and charms for when the Equipment is available - so that's what I'm doing at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I have moved all comments which aren't related to bugs/issues to the feedback thread...

From the other side, the attacker will also keep his/her units after a successful or unsuccessful attack. The attacker will get an opportunity to enter Hard mode. In this mode, you can enable additional difficulties for a higher event point gain, but in return, troops of the attacker will be lost when they die during the attack on the Shapeshifter totem.

(https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/344339/shapeshifter-event-teasers-info#latest)

Want to explain why this was posted by you saying we keep our units no matter what as an attacker (in normal mode)... and now you are saying we lose our tools if we make an attack.....

• Want to explain why this was posted by you saying we keep our units no matter what as an attacker (in normal mode)... and now you are saying we lose our tools if we make an attack.....

What's there to explain? It's exactly how he said it is... you lose the tools you use in the battle, you don't lose any troops. Tools and troops aren't the same things, don't see how not losing troops has anything to do with losing tools.
  • lordloocan (GB1)lordloocan (GB1) Posts: 1
    edited 16.12.2017
    Attacked 2 x shapeshifter camps last night, got no combat reports, got no running out of food message etc, yet lost EVERY attacker I had and EVERY defender. Starved you might say but...not a single attacker or defender in main or either of the attacking o/p's. What a crock.....You sure know how to lose players, congrats.
  • yaronm (INT1)yaronm (INT1) Posts: 13INT1
    After 5th attack, I got in report that all icons are mared with X (attacked) but in the list of  attack (i.e.1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)
    the 5th line is empty. here is a screen shot:

regards,
    yaronm
  • Want to explain why this was posted by you saying we keep our units no matter what as an attacker (in normal mode)... and now you are saying we lose our tools if we make an attack.....

What's there to explain? It's exactly how he said it is... you lose the tools you use in the battle, you don't lose any troops. Tools and troops aren't the same things, don't see how not losing troops has anything to do with losing tools.

LOL well actually Bear it says you don't lose your units. It does not specify tools or troops it is a broad statement to use the word units. I.E in game when we go to the UNITS overview tab it will show you all UNITS in your castle.... Troops and tools.
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) Posts: 962
    OxO (AU1) said:
    a gift package of 500 shield walls, breaching towers heavy rams, 250 boulders, 500 deathly horrors and 500 demon horrors sounds good to me
    although i appreciate the efforts to compensate us, i have to agree with Cbee... work out the bugs on the test server, then roll it out. not trying to be overly-critical but think this is kinda a pattern no? just sayin.  :p
    Oh absolutely, just give me free shit for wasting time and feathers on this.

• Bear Grills (US1)Bear Grills (US1) Posts: 306
    edited 17.12.2017
    LOL well actually Bear it says you don't lose your units. It does not specify tools or troops it is a broad statement to use the word units. I.E in game when we go to the UNITS overview tab it will show you all UNITS in your castle.... Troops and tools.
    It's a 'Military overview' tab, in which there is Attack units, Defense units, Seige tools and Defense tools. Units are troops, not troops and tools. I don't think the word 'unit' is used to cover a broad area of things, just troops because it is a military term for groups of soldiers. 
  • KKP2112 (AU1)KKP2112 (AU1) Posts: 71AU1
    I think there is a glitch with Hardcore mode. You can use all the multipliers and before your attack lands take them off.

Is it still counting? I used a small cheapo force and didn't lose the attack troops.

@BM ang1243
    No Highlander commander, Elementalist commander or bugs from GGE.

Didn't even have 5 waves, just flank and courtyard gems. B)

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
     how many troops did you send, and  how many points did it give you?
    manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
    @Manatee (US1) 1800? i want to say i only did 2 multipliers of flank and middle reduction got 1k points? was a tool less run on the unamned flanks i think was a potato defending or i got them offline 

• Manatee (US1)Manatee (US1) Posts: 2,723
      @KKP2112 (AU1) if you lost the attack, then the bonus definitely counted.
    If you won the attack, then I think you're looking at the points you would have gotten without hardmode, if your ratio was decent enough.

manateesharkjpeg

Manatee @ usa 1
    My ideal method of suicide: climbing Ultimo's ego and jumping to his IQ
    Well @Herveus (AU1) Thats a bug coz I was able to. 5 mins before it landed too

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,832AU1
    Well @Herveus (AU1) Thats a bug coz I was able to. 5 mins before it landed too

lol will try

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • CBee (US1)CBee (US1) Posts: 209US1
    https://prnt.sc/ho5axw
    someone pls fix this
    i attacked everyone of shoplifter and and one of my attack is not included

Shop lifter, lol  great name
    CBee @ usa1

• Tanzim1 (INT1)Tanzim1 (INT1) Posts: 162INT1
    When im defending I can see the attackers commanders real name

It was Kill Hb , I can know its titans member 

FIX IT!
    Anyway the event sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hells Bells

https://prnt.sc/h3difk

Level 70 Legendary level 21 But Look at the picture :)
  • edited 17.12.2017

New useless comms? This is why we have LTPE events because that way I can get comms I no longer need. Seriously, the FL comm (not the crow one) and Fortunes of the Desert Sands are the only two comms I need. 
    translator Google does not allow you to understand what you wrote, sorry and goodbye
    @Algoritm (RU1)

I will translate it for you:

Новые никому не нужные командиры? Для этого у нас есть месячные ивенты, в которых мы получаем командиры которые уже никому не нужны.
    Серьезно - Foreign Invader командир и Fortunes of the Desert Sands командир это единственные командиры которые мне нужны.

Зря ты полез на англоязычный форум с Google translate-ром... 70% твоего поста апсолютно не читабельно

Post edited by NoPainNoGainFTW (US1) on
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 18.12.2017
    Should all 5 totems have 6 to 9k each to attack? Or is this a legendary level thing? 

Phoenix is not impressed with the event...very little reward, troops not returning when suppose to in normal mode and it is so very long for the lower levelled members to send their attacks and then wait for their troops to return home. Thus, not allowing them to attack Sams during the event.

We had 9 players in the top 50 on the first day, but today most have decided not to continue participating in the event. It is boring, full of bugs and has no rewards worth collecting. We are going to concentrate on Sams. 

The shapeshifter totems are real player mirrors , so if you got me you'd be facing 20k+ hey I had some with 40k+ troops in them , so sum it up : The Stronger a player the system rates you the stronger the players are you are put up against.

@KKP2112 (AU1)
    No , that is all correct you cannot turn on/off bonuses while attacks are on their way.
    40k? 40k from support would be believable, but 40k from only one player? Hard to believe that and would be very difficult to feed as well even if their were both attackers and defenders combined inside of the castle.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) Posts: 962
    Are these glitches going to be fixed before the event finishes? 

Sign In to comment.