Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

We Dutch players want a Dutch forum!

When noticed there are a lot of forums in different languages, but still not one in Dutch?!

It feels like discrimination to me. ;-)

We Dutch players want/need a Dutch forum, and we want it as soon as possible!

Comments

• When noticed there are a lot of forums in different languages, but still not one in Dutch?!

if dutch players start buying more rubies there will be a dutch forum... its all about costs.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    When noticed there are a lot of forums in different languages, but still not one in Dutch?!

if dutch players start buying more rubies there will be a dutch forum... its all about costs.
    Chinese have one and China1 is the smallest server and no signs of any whales.....

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • When noticed there are a lot of forums in different languages, but still not one in Dutch?!

Chinese have one and China1 is the smallest server and no signs of any whales.....
    stop that Herveus! I'm just trying to get some extra money for GGS. 
  • All two of you?
    WAR PLAYER
  • Does every server or country Pieter Cornelis (NL1) said:

Does every server or country on Goodgame Empire need to have its own forum? Not necessarily. If what Herveous said about China is true about it being so small as a server then I find it kind of funny that they have a forum as well for one of the smallest servers in the entire game.

Also, on the English Forum it is mostly just US1, GB1, and AU1 that comments on here, but sometimes players from other servers as well will comment on here and/or make threads which there is nothing wrong with that as long they are willing to speak "English" so we that way do not have to waste our time using "Google translate". US1 used to have our own forum as well before the merge with GB1 and Australia, but I am not complaining about it.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Believe me the rest of us on the English forums want a dedicated Dutch forum too.....
    nah just a dedicated US forum... these international people are crazy and it takes so long to get them banned from the forums
  • Shares (AU1)Shares (AU1) AU1 Posts: 575
    The Dutch players want their own forum so they can openly talk about all their PW sharing and not get made fun of by everyone else.
    and how about a ruby whale forum so they can do similar ;-p

Shares @ au 1
  • Nice helping/constuctive comments folks!

"As long they are willing to speak "English"" 

And this is the only reason that we want a Dutch forum!

Because we want to communicate in our own language and don't need angry comments everytime some Dutch player try to open a topic in Dutch on the English forum.

So where is the official GGE Dutch forum?!

We want it as soon as possible!
  • Nice helping/constuctive comments folks!

"As long they are willing to speak "English"" 

And this is the only reason that we want a Dutch forum!

Because we want to communicate in our own language and don't need angry comments everytime some Dutch player try to open a topic in Dutch on the English forum.

So where is the official GGE Dutch forum?!

We want it as soon as possible!
    This is nothing wrong with posting a thread in Dutch here. Given the limited amount of them I see however I don't think there is the volume needed to create an individual dutch forum. perhaps if the dutch players made more use of hte forums there would be a bigger need for a dutch forum.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    Or just in the English forum a dutch only section that seems much more feasible and realistic.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Or just in the English forum a dutch only section that seems much more feasible and realistic.
    Nah, no reason to have that. They can just post in dutch
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 15.12.2017
    Or just in the English forum a dutch only section that seems much more feasible and realistic.
    Would posting in Dutch on an English forum get flagged for spam though? I have seen players speaking in a different language on the English forum get flagged for spam before. Not sure then what the point is for that of speaking a different language on the English forum.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Or just in the English forum a dutch only section that seems much more feasible and realistic.
    Would posting in Dutch on an English forum get flagged for spam though? I have seen players speaking in a different language on the English forum get flagged for spam before. Not sure then what the point is for that of speaking a different language on the English forum.
    Its not supposed to. I believe this is actually the "international" forum, not english forum (regardless of the "EN"), but will have to check it up again.
  • AWC  (US1)AWC (US1) US1 Posts: 335
    edited 15.12.2017
    Post in Dutch, what is the big dealio?

Who cares if the English types can't habla la Danish.

"Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! Thus, I give up the spear!"
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

http://classiclit.about.com/od/mobyd...mobydickqu.htm
  • Dustin-LinkD (DE1)Dustin-LinkD (DE1) Posts: 218
    edited 15.12.2017
    How many dutch players are there anyway? i dont play Us/UK or INT  so i wouldnt know.

If the dutch community is small then gge should make som other features like finding players with the same country as you or make Chat groups that are based On country´s//Alliance/Clan etc. (seriously player interaction in a war game is important but no one is using Alliancechat for that as its only limited to 1 alliance, it wouldve been nice if you could create a clan chat group like you can With normal people on the forums/communitys)
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 16.12.2017
    I like the idea of a Dutch sub-forum of the English forum

Problem is then we have to make one for Asia and pretty much every other foreign language that has a server associated with this forum, which is a lot.

Note: I am aware Asia isn't a language, but you get the point.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file