Home English (UK) Players ask Players

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

How do i buy rubies with Bitcoin?

Bitpay? Heard a lot of bad stuff about it, anyone know if its legit?

And ethereum too, theres no option to pay with Ethereum?
WAR PLAYER

Comments

• Lots of bad Bitpay stories online, i don't want to have to convert BTC to $ just for GGE...
    WAR PLAYER
  • ang1243 (GB1)ang1243 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,834
    Hey @UltimateJhon (GB1)

It's only possible to pay with bitcoins using Bitpay unfortunately - as GGS don't accept direct Bitcoin transfers (they get paid in $/£/, etc.) - which is why Bitpay is used - as a facilitator. 

Angus
    Support | Community Guidelines | Short Questions | Bugwatch Thread | WebsitePrivate Message

Check out my website with loads of cool tips about GGE: http://www.ultimategge.co.uk

• Hey @UltimateJhon (GB1)

It's only possible to pay with bitcoins using Bitpay unfortunately - as GGS don't accept direct Bitcoin transfers (they get paid in $/£/, etc.) - which is why Bitpay is used - as a facilitator. 

Angus
    The 15 minute timer is a nightmare, late invoicing is too easy... 
    WAR PLAYER
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    Hey @UltimateJhon (GB1)

Angus
    15 mins is silly. Sometimes a block won't even be found in that time, so it would be impossible for the transaction to go through. Not sure how Bitpay handles that, because once you've sent the BTC it's going to eventually go through, even if it takes 2 days, which it might.

I'm a very experienced Bitcoin user and I've never used Bitpay as far as I know. To be honest, I don't think I've even heard of it. 

Honestly, I was thinking of buying a few million rubies with Bitcoin a few months ago. Sooooo glad I didn't. lol. The Bitcoin I would have spent has gone up like x3 or x4 since then. 

No, they don't take Ethereum because they don't use a good payment processor. They should use https://www.coinpayments.net/

Also, worth noting, due to Cryptokitties, the Ethereum chain is really slow right now. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • Hey @UltimateJhon (GB1)

Angus
    15 mins is silly. Sometimes a block won't even be found in that time, so it would be impossible for the transaction to go through. Not sure how Bitpay handles that, because once you've sent the BTC it's going to eventually go through, even if it takes 2 days, which it might.

I'm a very experienced Bitcoin user and I've never used Bitpay as far as I know. To be honest, I don't think I've even heard of it. 

Honestly, I was thinking of buying a few million rubies with Bitcoin a few months ago. Sooooo glad I didn't. lol. The Bitcoin I would have spent has gone up like x3 or x4 since then. 

No, they don't take Ethereum because they don't use a good payment processor. They should use https://www.coinpayments.net/

Also, worth noting, due to Cryptokitties, the Ethereum chain is really slow right now. 
    GGE definitely need to support those of us with stupid amounts of crypto
    WAR PLAYER

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file