We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Wheel of Fortune with Skips

Change out the equipment reward on wheel of fortune for time skip(s). The equipment reward is useful to players only for a very short time during their time on Empire. I would hazard a guess that for the majority of players it is the most worthless reward on the wheel (although the resource one is a close second). Skips would be useful for everyone of any level and it would throw a bone to non-ruby players as you do get some lottery tickets through events and the mercenary camp. This gives a chance for them to get able to get higher level skips using those tickets. I personally would like to see it be something like the jackpot reward where you have the 3 rewards possible. It could be 5 1hr skips, 2 5hr skip, or 1 24hr skip. This is just an example and people will undoubtedly argue it is too little or too much so please feel free to give your idea of what an appropriate reward would be for the wheel.

For GGE: One reason to approve this idea is that non-ruby buyers may be encouraged to buy some as they not only get time skips but other items such as VIP points and VIP time from the wheel. As they play the game with these boosters, they may very well decide to spend some to keep them going. Adding time skips will definitely encourage the buying of lottery tickets.
Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1

Comments

• If they change it, they will make it terrible for everyone
    WAR PLAYER
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 03.12.2017
    Change out the equipment reward on wheel of fortune for time skip(s). The equipment reward is useful to players only for a very short time during their time on Empire. I would hazard a guess that for the majority of players it is the most worthless reward on the wheel (although the resource one is a close second). Skips would be useful for everyone of any level and it would throw a bone to non-ruby players as you do get some lottery tickets through events and the mercenary camp. This gives a chance for them to get able to get higher level skips using those tickets. I personally would like to see it be something like the jackpot reward where you have the 3 rewards possible. It could be 5 1hr skips, 2 5hr skip, or 1 24hr skip. This is just an example and people will undoubtedly argue it is too little or too much so please feel free to give your idea of what an appropriate reward would be for the wheel.

For GGE: One reason to approve this idea is that non-ruby buyers may be encouraged to buy some as they not only get time skips but other items such as VIP points and VIP time from the wheel. As they play the game with these boosters, they may very well decide to spend some to keep them going. Adding time skips will definitely encourage the buying of lottery tickets.
    To some extent I agree with you, but it also depends on the equipment as well. Armor of the Viper and Armor of the Stag I am not fond of in particular which is really not all that useful for level 70+ players and the full sets by the way are very difficult to get as well making these pieces practically worthless for level 70+ players because of the difficulty in getting the full set, but skin of the ram equipment could be kept in the spinning wheel which is the best there is currently available and could be very useful especially with a full set.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    I think that there already is time skips in the jackpot rewards.
    edited 03.12.2017
    I think that there already is time skips in the jackpot rewards.
    Also true. I once saw a five hour time skip; although, it was only one from the jackpot rewards for reaching level 2 if I remember correctly.. Also saw two five hour time skips as well from the mercenary camp; although, I rarely find either of them. They seem to not appear often even though I am online a lot.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • @David Noble (US1)

I meant the equipment space on the wheel itself that gives a piece of rare or epic equipment. My reference to the jackpot award was that it could be like that and you have a chance at getting skip(s) of different times rather than one fixed amount and time.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
    edited 03.12.2017
    @David Noble (US1)

I meant the equipment space on the wheel itself that gives a piece of rare or epic equipment. My reference to the jackpot award was that it could be like that and you have a chance at getting skip(s) of different times rather than one fixed amount and time.
    Thanks. There already is a one five hour time skip in place, but perhaps the rare and epic equipment could be replaced by something else that involves time skips as well. For level 70+ players epic and rare items are really not of that much use anyway. Besides selling or upgrading for the quest book rare and epic items are really not that useful.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,617
    the wheel really is woefully outdated, none of the equipment is of any benefit for any moderatly advanced level 70. and is significantly worse than any of the comm sets that have appeared in the last few years, despite being incrediably difficult / costly to get.  All the decos are now outdated and even the top levels ones are worse than the easy to obtain event decos, even the prize for winning is not a lot better than items you can now purchase with kahn medals.

So all in all it hasnt been an event worth spending real money on for a LONG time.  Strange really as i would have thought it really would be a simple task to update the event prob take a programmer just a few hours to switch the prizes around.
    Philt123 @ en 1
    edited 04.12.2017
    the wheel really is woefully outdated, none of the equipment is of any benefit for any moderatly advanced level 70. and is significantly worse than any of the comm sets that have appeared in the last few years, despite being incrediably difficult / costly to get.  All the decos are now outdated and even the top levels ones are worse than the easy to obtain event decos, even the prize for winning is not a lot better than items you can now purchase with kahn medals.

So all in all it hasnt been an event worth spending real money on for a LONG time.  Strange really as i would have thought it really would be a simple task to update the event prob take a programmer just a few hours to switch the prizes around.
    Like other events in the game though the wheel of fortune is a very old event and GGS perhaps may be too lazy to change the rewards unfortunately by improving them. Both the Storm Islands event and especially the wheel of fortune are outdated.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Yep, the WoF really needs a rework. I for one will keep saving my tickets until we get a rework. Not going to get much of anything of value if I spend the tickets now.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
    edited 04.12.2017
    Yep, the WoF really needs a rework. I for one will keep saving my tickets until we get a rework. Not going to get much of anything of value if I spend the tickets now.
    Gold coins, ruby mantlets, flags,and lots of rubies have at least some value from the pro mode wheel of fortune; although, only people who spend money on the game can even use pro mode. If there is anything of value it is at least those four things, but yes there are also some things you can earn from that even with pro mode I am not really all that impressed with.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Yep, the WoF really needs a rework. I for one will keep saving my tickets until we get a rework. Not going to get much of anything of value if I spend the tickets now.
    Gold coins, ruby mantlets, flags,and lots of rubies have at least some value from the pro mode wheel of fortune; although, only people who spend money on the game can even use pro mode. If there is anything of value it is at least those four things, but yes there are also some things you can earn from that even with pro mode I am not really all that impressed with.
    The amount of gold coins to be won isn't really helpful for an active player who frequently hits NPC's.

You can get some ruby mantlets, and that may help to some extent, but not enough to make a difference for the amount of time that it takes to save enough tickets to get a reasonable amount.

Same applies for flags.

Rubies can definitely be helpful, especially if you're low or don't hit NPC's much, but you still can't get enough rubies to do anything too substantial.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• dylan42 (US1)dylan42 (US1) Posts: 157US1
    Yep, the WoF really needs a rework. I for one will keep saving my tickets until we get a rework. Not going to get much of anything of value if I spend the tickets now.
    The amount of gold coins to be won isn't really helpful for an active player who frequently hits NPC's.

You can get some ruby mantlets, and that may help to some extent, but not enough to make a difference for the amount of time that it takes to save enough tickets to get a reasonable amount.

Same applies for flags.

Rubies can definitely be helpful, especially if you're low or don't hit NPC's much, but you still can't get enough rubies to do anything too substantial.
    Can get more then 5k rubies from a single spin in jackpot mode. 

edited 04.12.2017
    The wheel of fortune is currently rewarding 15x 5 hr time skips and 7x 24 hr time skips, but you have to reach level 6 though unfortunately to even get them. Also, as dylan pointed out pro mode can reward a little over 5k rubies from only just one spin which is a lot of rubies, but you would have not known that if you had never spent money on the game or nobody ever told you. If you are lucky you could even make over 10k rubies before running out of tickets which has happened to me before as well.

David Noble @ usa 1
  • I have bought before and have also used a few thousand tickets and a few hundred thousand rubies on the test server to test the WoF (was using normal mode though). Over 5k rubies is definitely enough to do some nice things, but that amount can be looted pretty easily and for the amount that many important buildings such as stables and bakeries cost to max, 5k rubies isn't very much. Especially if it takes months to get them.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) Posts: 962
    VIP time, vip points to an extent, and rubies (all in pro-mode) are the only useful things there for me

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,806AU1
    I have bought before and have also used a few thousand tickets and a few hundred thousand rubies on the test server to test the WoF (was using normal mode though). Over 5k rubies is definitely enough to do some nice things, but that amount can be looted pretty easily and for the amount that many important buildings such as stables and bakeries cost to max, 5k rubies isn't very much. Especially if it takes months to get them.
    with 1k tickets I usually get minimum 30k rubies if lucky 50k , that is worth something.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) Posts: 1,617
    The rubies are worthwhile, but again only if you getting the tickets for free, 1k tickets cost 150,000 ruby. to buy so getting 30-50k back plus a load of old tat is not a great return.

As a free to play event where by you spend your freebie  tokens I guess something for nothing is ok, but at an event you pay to play, its not been viable for a LONG time.  The reality is anyone who has the ruby to pay to play this event will defo not need anything you can win from it.  So from that perspective its totally pointless.

From a free to play event it makes more sense.  But even then its woefully outdated.  Has anyone ever got the full commander sets / cast set totally for free????   I cant imagine they have.

Philt123 @ en 1
  • I have bought before and have also used a few thousand tickets and a few hundred thousand rubies on the test server to test the WoF (was using normal mode though). Over 5k rubies is definitely enough to do some nice things, but that amount can be looted pretty easily and for the amount that many important buildings such as stables and bakeries cost to max, 5k rubies isn't very much. Especially if it takes months to get them.
    with 1k tickets I usually get minimum 30k rubies if lucky 50k , that is worth something.
    Really?
    Is that on pro mode or regular?
    Had no idea that much was possible.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    edited 05.12.2017
    The rubies are worthwhile, but again only if you getting the tickets for free, 1k tickets cost 150,000 ruby. to buy so getting 30-50k back plus a load of old tat is not a great return.

As a free to play event where by you spend your freebie  tokens I guess something for nothing is ok, but at an event you pay to play, its not been viable for a LONG time.  The reality is anyone who has the ruby to pay to play this event will defo not need anything you can win from it.  So from that perspective its totally pointless.

From a free to play event it makes more sense.  But even then its woefully outdated.  Has anyone ever got the full commander sets / cast set totally for free????   I cant imagine they have.

The best set is almost impossible to get without rubies, at test server I did got that but was very expensive, even when I had earnd 3k tickets. I bought more tickets with over 2m rubies and then spend almost 400k on opening all prize levels and still it was very last spins when I got the last piece of the set.

edit: my guess would be, that you need something like 20k tickets to even get to last level.
  • Anyone know how many tickets it usually takes to get 1st place on US?
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

Sign In to comment.