We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Event Teaser: Attack of the shapeshifter

Comments

• I'm not sure that dropping might helps with the castles you get paired with. But I do think it may help your score, if you lower your might before hitting a totem. Maybe. Honestly I'm still kinda mystified by the scoring system on this event.
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 20.01.2018
    As someone mentioned about getting credit for attacks, I don't get credit for all my attacks either.  Since today's rollover, 3 attacks have been launched and landed.  Have brs on each.  Go into the tent and look at the series score there and only 1 is there.  
    Yesterday, I did 5 token attacks and the tent only recorded three.

Seem to get all the tokens I'm supposed to though.

Agree the score system seems totally random.
    The score system is definitely random at least to some extent. Even if the troops stationed were actually attackers and/or militia (which are similar to peasants) instead of real defenders or versatile defenders I am guessing that GGS counts them as defense in the scoring system as well, but the smaller the totem is the easier it is to make more points on full hardcore mode especially with a full sized attack which is something that seems to be quite obvious from my experience as to how the scoring system works. I have noticed for example that even if I win two positions for example I still only get 10 charms instead of 50 charms when it is on "normal mode" and I do not use full waves for attacking. Full hardcore mode in contrast I think you could very easily get you the 50 charms you need even without sending full waves and have at least one position successfully reach the courtyard and especially if the player is not online which may be a more effective strategy against bigger totems as opposed to smaller totems when using full "hardcore mode".

However, I am guessing you only get the 150 charms on full "hardcore mode"if you can at least win the battle and send full waves. Winning all three positions could definitely get you more points on full hardcore mode, but not certain if that is also needed as well or not on full hardcore mode to at least get enough points to make the 150 charms. However, I would definitely recommend winning at least two positions for getting the 150 charms even on full "hardcore mode". Normal mode I think you definitely have to win all three plus winning the battle and also sending full waves if you really want to have the best chance of getting 150 charms on normal mode. However, I am guessing that in contrast to full hardcore mode you could more easily make more points vs bigger totems for winning instead of smaller totems. If you were to at least make 1k for winning regardless of the totem's size on normal mode that could be another easy way to make 150 charms, but I think that when attacking smaller totems that full hardcore mode gets you the most points vs. smaller totems instead of using normal mode. Part of the reason for the randomness could be because of their are certain elements that may need experimentation on to help determine how the scoring system really works.
    Post edited by David Noble (US1) on
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • bernhardt (US1)bernhardt (US1) Posts: 695US1
    New theory I have on the tent and its "series" of shifters is that the totems and the "series" don't reset at the same time.  Just more inconcievable GGS logic to deal with I guess.

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,842AU1
    New theory I have on the tent and its "series" of shifters is that the totems and the "series" don't reset at the same time.  Just more inconcievable GGS logic to deal with I guess.

the series in the tent rests only after 5 attacks, whether you do these attacks in 5 days spread out or all in 1 day makes no difference. It works just like they said it would.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
    Not in my experience, but I'll take your word for it since the totems reset at ~9 pm here(which is the login reset time here) - generally shortly after the start of my nightime game activity, so sometimes activity rolls into different days.  It's really annoying if I log on a 8:59 one night and at 9:01 the next to find that I "missed" a day for the daily login bonus.  Daily Nobility resets at 1am local time right now.
  • maybe related to Bernhardt's posts above but anyone else experienced a series reset before it's finished?

One of our guys said it happened to them today. They know what they are doing - theyve already got a high score which was made over 3 days, yet their latest attempt ended early
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
    edited 23.01.2018
    The mystery of normal mode seems to be that even if you win all three positions and win the courtyard it is still entirely possible that you may only get enough points for 50 charms instead of 150 charms even with sending six full waves. Even when I win against something close to 3k for example and win all three positions I still do not make enough points to get the 150 charms. It would seem as if against smaller castles of 3k or less you do not make enough points to get the 150 charms on normal mode for winning, but anything closer to 5k or more it would seem as if you are more likely to get the 150 charms on normal mode if you win and win all three positions . My theory is that anything at about 3k or less you need to use at least partial harcore mode which would at the very least maybe exclude reducing things like melee and ranged attack bonuses for example if you really want at least 150 charms, but not full harcore in order to reduce casualties and increase your chances of winning if the totem size is anything around 1 to 3k Shapeshifters.

Now 4k Shapeshifters might get you 150 charms on Normal mode for winning both all three walls and courtyard as well, but I can say with a certainty that 5k or more could definitely get you the 150 charms on normal mode if you win all three positions and also win in the courtyard and less than 3k defenders may not be enough to get you the 150 charms on normal mode for winning the walls and courtyard.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    @STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)

As to resetting after a couple/three of days, I think that's on purpose.  I vaguely recall that happening on the test server when the shapeshifters were first introduced there.  Of course there it was on the test server's random time scale for events.
  • last days when i attacked the shapeshifters the resultso of the attacks aren't l shown into ranking and daily results. yesterday just 3 out of 5 were shown (i won all 5). 2 attacks done (both won) but 1 is being displayed. arethere more players with the same problem?
    ridderarry @ nl 1 / kuzka77 @ spilgames int_1 server (Sword int)
  • @STEVIEBEANZ (GB1)

As to resetting after a couple/three of days, I think that's on purpose.  I vaguely recall that happening on the test server when the shapeshifters were first introduced there.  Of course there it was on the test server's random time scale for events.
    thank you
    STEVIEBEANZ @ en 1
    edited 27.01.2018
    I had a close defeat once on normal mode and surprisingly got the 150 charms and minimum of 1,000 points. This was against about 7,000 Shapeshifters vs. my six waves with high courtyard commander, but won on all three walls as well. The question is how did I get those charms despite that I lost in the courtyard on normal mode? Other times I may sometimes win all three positions and also win in the courtyard on normal mode, but still only get the 50 charms and less than 1k points vs. thousands of shapeshifters. Another time I earlier won all three postions and lost in courtyard, but only got 50 charms and less than 1k points which is a contradiction to the 150 I made after losing in courtyard from another Shapeshifter battle despite the fact that the number of Shapeshifters from this more recent attack were similar in numbers in the courtyard to an attack I made earlier on.

But the question is why the contradictions? Do Shapeshifters that are actually attackers or militia (peasants) give you less points than Shapeshifters that are actually defenders at least on normal mode?. Do fully tooled attacks on all three positions get you more points on normal mode than using only one position that is fully tooled? I am still experimenting with the Shapeshifter event, but there are various elements that seem to be confusing in figuring out how you can make the most points especially when using normal mode instead of hardcore mode. Now the points may be completely random at least on normal mode, but I still have unanswered questions about the event and how you make the most points on normal mode. I have theories as to how you make the most points on normal mode, but that is just about it without knowing for a certainty.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • douwew (NL1)douwew (NL1) Posts: 157
    edited 27.01.2018
    HI Ang,

There is a bug in the shapeshifter event... See my screenshot!
    http://prntscr.com/i6byji

@BM ang1243
    Glory record
    http://prntscr.com/hck737
    douwew @ nl 1

• : My special soldiers are gone! By that I mean veteran demon horror,deathly horror,samurai and master bone and frost soldiers from monthly event. After the attacks on the shapeshifters they all went to my main castle and i lost around 12k troops over the night!!! 
  • BM QueenBBM QueenB Posts: 201
    : My special soldiers are gone! By that I mean veteran demon horror,deathly horror,samurai and master bone and frost soldiers from monthly event. After the attacks on the shapeshifters they all went to my main castle and i lost around 12k troops over the night!!! 
    Dear @Jovana23 (INT1) 
    Please kindly note that they best way to solve this issue is to contact support .
    Regards

• sir-haba (SKN1)sir-haba (SKN1) Posts: 288SKN1
    HI Ang,

@BM ang1243
    that is totally normal, if you had 2attacks made to the series when the reset happened. then you have to do 3 more attacks to that series and the 2 attacks after that are for the new series.
  • BM QueenBBM QueenB Posts: 201
    HI Ang,

@BM ang1243
    that is totally normal, if you had 2attacks made to the series when the reset happened. then you have to do 3 more attacks to that series and the 2 attacks after that are for the new series.

@sir-haba (SKN1) ,
    as far as I know , this should not happened.
    everything should be reset , 
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Harvesters were excellent last round so well done to them good to see new winners and an alliance work together to collectively achieve high scores
    Batten @ en 1
  • BM QueenB said:
    : My special soldiers are gone! By that I mean veteran demon horror,deathly horror,samurai and master bone and frost soldiers from monthly event. After the attacks on the shapeshifters they all went to my main castle and i lost around 12k troops over the night!!! 
    Dear @Jovana23 (INT1) 
    Please kindly note that they best way to solve this issue is to contact support .
    Regards

@BM QueenB
    I did,for 3 times now,and no answer.

• CaptainBro (US1)CaptainBro (US1) Posts: 873US1
    edited 03.02.2018
    BM QueenB said:
    Dear @Jovana23 (INT1) 
    Regards

@BM QueenB  

Don't feel bad man.  I had a 6k starve out before my timer hit zero and still no response after two weeks.  GoodGame doesn't care unless you spend big money.  

Even look up GGS job reviews from people who've left, most give a negative light on the company.  I'd post the link to prove it but last guy who did had his post removed. It just shows that they can't take criticism even though looking at it from a customers perspective would be beneficial to them.  But hey, their business not being reliable is why I never bought equipment, in the end they lost $400-$800.  :D
    I'm here to make pretty castles and recruit defense.
  • BM QueenB said:
    Dear @Jovana23 (INT1) 
    Regards

@BM QueenB  

Don't feel bad man.  I had a 6k starve out before my timer hit zero and still no response after two weeks.  GoodGame doesn't care unless you spend big money.  

Even look up GGS job reviews from people who've left, most give a negative light on the company.  I'd post the link to prove it but last guy who did had his post removed. It just shows that they can't take criticism even though looking at it from a customers perspective would be beneficial to them.  But hey, their business not being reliable is why I never bought equipment, in the end they lost $400-$800.  :D
    But I ask some pointless question like, "Why doesn't Storm Islands count as looted materials?" I get answered within the week.
    I have no loyalty.

Sign In to comment.