We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Right Sizing Empire for all level 70s

One of the main issues with the game currently is a huge difference between level 70s. A level 70 LL 1 (legendary level one)  usually has different wants/needs than a LL 800. Some of these are minor such as the epic equipment bonus for killing 10 towers. Where this can be very useful to a LL 1 either as a useful piece of equipment or to be used to forge legendary equipment, for me it is something that clogs up my inventory and may stop me from getting that hero with 3% destroy, that I have been looking for since heroes were introduced, due to a full inventory. Where a LL 800 may complain about the weak foreign lords or khan attacks, a LL1 may very well grumble about them being too strong. I don't believe that many people will argue with me that, in general, the needs for level 70s vary widely and this is causing much discontent within the Empire game. So here is the 50 million ruby answer. Yes GGE if you use it please deposit 50million rubies to my account as it will be worth a million times that in sales. My idea is "select a size" for Empire.

What do I mean by "select a size"? You would be able to go to you options drop down and have a new menu to pick from. One of the things could be Rewards From Tower Quest. Click on your choice of: epic piece of equipment, a 5 minute skip, or a common or rare build item picked at random (or even a specific one).  The goal here is to keep the rewards approximately the same while at the same time allowing players to tailor them to their needs at the time. A LL1 might pick the equipment, while a LL 400 picks the build item, and the LL 800 takes the 5 minute skip or any combination. You would be able to change what the reward was as your needs in the game changed, which is what I am trying for.

Another example of "select a size" would be difficulty level. This could control the difficulty of your events. The following is only an EXAMPLE. I would expect much more thought to go into the real thing. For Foreign Lords the difficulty levels COULD go like this:

Easy - 95% chance of FLs being 500 or less. You will be attacked once during the FL event but no fires or loss of resources.

Normal - as it is now.

Hard - 60% chance of 500 FL, 20% chance of 1k to 2k FL, 10% chance of 3k to 4k, 5% chance of 5k to 6k, and 5% chance of 7k+. You will be attacked once a day during the event. At least half of the attacks will be well thought out player style attacks. Fire and loss of resources will happen if you lose.

Insanity -  33% chance of 500 FL, 33% chance of 1k to 4k FL, 33% chance of greater than 4k FL. You have a 50/50 chance of being attacked every 4 hours. The attacking force will be a player style attack using 4 to 6 waves with upper level coin troops as a minimum up to maximum ruby troops and a complete commander with equipment and hero of at least legendary if not unique status. Fire, loss of resources, and destruction of buildings are possible.

End Example.

The goal with this example is to give everyone a FL that is challenging to them. A LL1 could pick the insanity level if they wanted to. A LL 800 could pick the easy level if they wanted to. A lot would depend on play styles and maybe what is going on in your real life at the time making the game a LOT more user friendly. The point here is that you could pick whichever level suited you at the time. Each level would be open to everyone. I would suggest the rewards be expanded to be where it is impossible to get them all from Easy, very hard to get them all from Normal (but you can get what is currently listed), doable from the Hard setting, and Insanity, well, it speaks for itself. Let the rewards match the time, effort, and difficulty of the event. A similar setting could be developed for each event.

I know this idea can be hugely expanded upon to "right size" this game for all.

Just an idea,
StumpyAlaskaN

Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1

Comments

• Inb4 6 month cooldown on changing your difficulty

but you can pay rubies to change it now!!!!!

in practice tho, not a bad concept

similar things have been suggested and not implemented, but its not a bad concept
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Inb4 6 month cooldown on changing your difficulty

but you can pay rubies to change it now!!!!!

in practice tho, not a bad concept

similar things have been suggested and not implemented, but its not a bad concept
    You know GGE is going downhill when your employees are mocking it
  • You know GGE is going downhill when your employees are mocking it
    I'm not an employee, I'm a volunteer

I don't get paid for this lmao
    Friedrich IV US1
  • CBee (US1)CBee (US1) Posts: 210US1
    does GGE even know how to run a business.  Oops, guess not.
    CBee @ usa1

• You know GGE is going downhill when your employees are mocking it
    I'm not an employee, I'm a volunteer

I don't get paid for this lmao

Yes he does, he gets paid with noodz.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) Posts: 962
    How will top 100/1 rewards factor into this?

• Yes he does, he gets paid with noodz.
    no offense to @BM ang1243 but I'll pass on the nudes :D
    Friedrich IV US1
  • The rewards could be overall as now based on glory. In this case, a ruby whale playing insanity will probably take it as they will get large numbers of castles with large defenses that they can hit for huge glory amounts.
    OR
    The rewards could be overall but the number of FLs hit. A good chance that this one would be taken by a ruby whale playing easy mode just to take first place.
    OR
    The rewards could be by category with separate rewards for easy, normal, hard and insanity with the value of the rewards being different based on the difficult of the category.
    OR (This is a new idea)
    The rewards could be based on total number of troops killed. I just thought of this one, but you would no longer curse when you see the FL with 1600 militia in it.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
Sign In to comment.