We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Where the skips come from.

2»

Comments

• If that was the goal, they should have just made it so that buildings could not be skipped using 5 hr and 24 hr skips, really woudln't be that difficult, just code it so that those skips don't display when trying to skip. No, this was done to reduce the potential of non-ruby-buyers.
    They talked about that and decided not to go with that because it removes the freedom to use skips as you wish.

It will slow the progress of non-ruby buyers as far as building progression goes, and I guess very possibly now that I've re-looked over things event scores, but the original intent was to limit buildings, which it does in fact do.

At this point I would put the blame on the designers and balancers for taking it too far, fortunately the next nomad event is a ways away (unless this change also applies to samurai, and it will give skips now, in which case I would say this is still bad but not as bad) and with all this negative feedback we might be able to get them to see reason.
    @BM_Friedrich Do you know what kinds of reactions have been occurring on other forums? If the English forum is the only large forum that's complaining (which I doubt but it's possible) then there won't be any revision to this update.
    The German mods are as upset if not moreso than I am, but the Czech community doesn't seem very bothered. They don't like it but they're taking it in stride. The Russians don't seem particularly happy about it either.

As for the other forums, I don't think there are any other forums that have their own moderators so I really don't know on those. The only ones I ever really have any interaction with are the CMs, our English mods, the Germans, the Czechs and a Russian or 2. There've been a lot of Dutch players around here voicing discontent lately, and I've gotten PMs from some French players that came across our forums as well.
    Good to hear that the German players are just as upset. With them in  agreement there's at least a small chance we'll get some improvements.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

retired I guess. or trying to be.
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,826AU1
    @BM_Friedrich Do you know what kinds of reactions have been occurring on other forums? If the English forum is the only large forum that's complaining (which I doubt but it's possible) then there won't be any revision to this update.
    ha lol compared to the cyclone of complaining comments in the german forum this is not even a breeze lmfao

but if it does not apply to sams we are fucked lol try skipping a cooldown of 5:30 with limited 30min skips hf xD
    but lucky me , I can read update notes 
    Because of the reduction in the total time from reward time skips, we made some changes to the cooldowns for the Nomad, Samurai and Khan Camps:

The cooldown yes, but what I was asking is, will they put skips in the samurai rewards also?

I doubt it, but it could be a way for them to make this less bad. Still bad but less bad. If they reduced our skips by 75% currently, upping that to a 50% reduction would at least be an improvement.

The 5 hours and 24 hours time skips will be exchanged in the reward list with 30 minutes and 1 hour time skips. This adjustment will be applied for both individual and alliance rewards in all the events: Long-term points events, The Battle for Berimond, War of the Realms, War of the Bloodcrows, Samurai Invasion, Nomad Invasion etc.

So I'd guess so but I hope it are more than before ^^

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • The cooldown yes, but what I was asking is, will they put skips in the samurai rewards also?

I doubt it, but it could be a way for them to make this less bad. Still bad but less bad. If they reduced our skips by 75% currently, upping that to a 50% reduction would at least be an improvement.

The 5 hours and 24 hours time skips will be exchanged in the reward list with 30 minutes and 1 hour time skips. This adjustment will be applied for both individual and alliance rewards in all the events: Long-term points events, The Battle for Berimond, War of the Realms, War of the Bloodcrows, Samurai Invasion, Nomad Invasion etc.

So I'd guess so but I hope it are more than before ^^

so here might be where we get saved:

if they put roughly enough skips for 60 camps across 5 events, thats still about 300 camps.

What I'm *guessing* that means is that the events that don't give a lot of skips (i.e. all but nomads) will have their skips scaled down as well, to continue giving us barely anything. But at least there is a glimmer of hope.
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Santa. The skip are made by elves living in slavery in a cold and dark dungeon near the north pole.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • From Sami's:

Individual: 60 1hr skips and 60 30 minutes skips in total.

Alliance: 15 1hr skips.
    Stumpyalaskan @ usa 1
  • sams alliance rewards are TERRIBLE
    WAR PLAYER
  • From Sami's:

You know what's so funny about that? What if people don't have the skips to reach the individual reward skips? hahaha
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • From Sami's:

You know what's so funny about that? What if people don't have the skips to reach the individual reward skips? hahaha
    I'm pretty sure I got the first few skips just off of hitting unmaxed camps but I dont think those few skips are enough to get to the next ones lol
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Skips in sams are a total joke, they are hidden up the back end of the activity rewards where they can't be got unless the boost is bought. Who would have thought it?
    spontaneus1 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.