Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

December Update Details

UltimateJhon (GB1)UltimateJhon (GB1) Posts: 642
edited 27.10.2017 in General Discussion

Dear brave warriors,

Welcome to our first teaser for the next update. Prepare yourself, we’re starting with the huge re-balancing of granaries and food production.

Granary rebalancing

Due to our plan for long-term motivation and development in the game, we decided to re-balance granaries. When we introduced granaries in the first place in 2014 the balance of the game was designed in such a way that every player will need to earn rubies in order to compete. It was made intentionally difficult so that players will enjoy our game longer and will not get bored quickly by reaching the top and not knowing what else to do. We have decided the cost of granaries should be made premium, and their upgrades too. This is part of our long term balancing efforts of the game, we want to create a more premium orientated game for our players to enjoy.

Granary changes:

• We decided to make the base granary cost 12,500 rubies. This will enable the top competing players to have a higher base food production than less active players, we felt that lower legendary level players had too much of an advantage against our longer term players. After this update, we will reduce farmhouse production by 70% to prevent lower levels from amassing unfair amounts of soldiers.

• In order to make obtaining higher levels of granaries equally difficult, we decided every level should increase in price by 4,000 rubies. So level 2 of the granary will cost 16,500 rubies, level 3 will cost 20,500 rubies and so on. This will make a higher level of food production more rewarding to achieve and make long term efforts more satisfying.

• We decided to also make base food production items available to players again, for a cost of rubies. We estimate a level 10 base food item will cost roughly 4,000 rubies and a level 1 base food item will cost roughly 100 rubies. We feel this is extremely fair and will enable our players to compensate for lack of higher level granaries.

• In order to balance the game further we have decided to reduce storage to 50,000 for level 7 storages and add 3 new levels of storage for a premium cost of rubies to access the original 81,000 storage.

• Existing granaries will be turned to farmhouses so that everyone starts of at the same level without any players having a massive advantage over others, which was a big complain with our last peasant hunting updates.

Because of these changes we decided to adjust other areas of the game.

• A new building to store just food, a food warehouse. This will cost a premium of 8,000 rubies and will hold 250,000 units of food. This will make our more determined players work harder to achieve their dream food production.

• New research to increase food production, this will cost a premium of 80,000 rubies and will increase food production by 25%. This will make our rubies more useful as we feel there is a distinct lack of purchasing power for our premium end players.

• We decided to bring back the veteran food overseer at a cost of 800 rubies per day which will increase the food production by roughly 50%. We felt junior wasn’t doing a good enough job at treating our player base well!

Monthly content package

• The drill instructor has come up with some new ideas. All units will now cost rubies, with this change we believe the ridiculous scale of armies that some players have will be fairly reduced and allow our dedicated players a more fun experience.

• The overseer is drunk! All food overseer times have been reset, oh no! Don’t worry, you can overfill food with the merchant now. All food overseer owners will be overly compensated with 25 veteran heavy crossbow men and 25 veteran heavy two handed swordsmen 

• The architect had exerted himself too far, all your peasant resource buildings have been either demolished or lit ablaze! Aha, don’t worry, you can fund their repairs with rubies. This will balance the game.

Post edited by ang1243 (GB1) on
WAR PLAYER

Comments

• Turtle24 (US1)Turtle24 (US1) US1 Posts: 547
    edited 26.10.2017
    How much of your life did you waste making this?
    About 12 minutes

Personally I don’t think you’re fit to judge me seeing as you waste your life playing this terrible game

No, I actually don't play much anymore. And just think about how you could have used those 12 minutes to spend time with your family and enjoy yourself rather then spend it mocking gge in a thread less then 100 people will probably see  

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

• How much of your life did you waste making this?
    About 12 minutes

Personally I don’t think you’re fit to judge me seeing as you waste your life playing this terrible game

No, I actually don't play much anymore. And just think about how you could have used those 12 minutes to spend time with your family and enjoy yourself rather then spend it mocking gge in a thread less then 100 people will probably see  
    Look mate, I invested a lot of time into starting up businesses and generating passive income so I have a lot of free time these days. My famiy? I’m an orphan, I’ve got no clue if I have one lol. 

I don’t care how many people see this thread, I’m experimenting with new ways to engage with GGS as it seems they don’t understand basic feedback, I would say 300 people will see it but if I wanted people to see it I would run an ad campaign on the GGE Facebook groups and I would link it in my signature.
    WAR PLAYER
    How much of your life did you waste making this?
    About 12 minutes

Look mate, I invested a lot of time into starting up businesses and generating passive income so I have a lot of free time these days. My famiy? I’m an orphan, I’ve got no clue if I have one lol. 

I don’t care how many people see this thread, I’m experimenting with new ways to engage with GGS as it seems they don’t understand basic feedback, I would say 300 people will see it but if I wanted people to see it I would run an ad campaign on the GGE Facebook groups and I would link it in my signature.

Why do you keep running your mouth about this business of yours? It's like you cant shut up about it - look, no one cares about your real life here. I have nothing against you for having a successful business... but I don't need to hear about it every 3rd or 4th comment you post.

And no, these forums are pretty dead I'd say. Definitely not 300 people.

• Ya know, the only thing i wanna see here in any future update would be the food warehouse that costs 8k rubies. Now watch as that (un)official GGE announcement gets edited and makes it 80k, for level one of fifty!!! I found this thread amusing and thanks for wasting some time to entertain the victims of GGE's taking advantage of Capitalism by hoarding money of the rich customers.
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 26.10.2017
    hoarding money of the rich customers.
    11/10 would have rather had a 2nd house than all those roobs
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • How much of your life did you waste making this?
    About 12 minutes

Why do you keep running your mouth about this business of yours? It's like you cant shut up about it - look, no one cares about your real life here. I have nothing against you for having a successful business... but I don't need to hear about it every 3rd or 4th comment you post.

Businesses* 

And no I’m not, I’m trying to emphasise how I’m the 0.5% the game receives revenue from and how I’m speaking out for the 99.5% getting screwed by these updates. 

Personally i I celebrate success, there’s a few businesses owners I’ve met in RS, CG and Praets and I’ve always asked them for details and what’s working for them.

if you don’t think it’s going to be 300 you are probably right as GGS don’t like criticism and will likely delete this thread.
    WAR PLAYER

Businesses* You just had to throw that correction in, didn't you? smh

And no I’m not, I’m trying to emphasise how I’m the 0.5% the game receives revenue from and how I’m speaking out for the 99.5% getting screwed by these updates. So you, not knowing what it's like for the low spenders, are trying to speak up for them? That makes a lot of sense. (sarcasm, if you cant tell)

Personally i I celebrate success, there’s a few businesses owners I’ve met in RS, CG and Praets and I’ve always asked them for details and what’s working for them. I'm not sure why this is relevant?

if you don’t think it’s going to be 300 you are probably right as GGS don’t like criticism and will likely delete this thread. I cant recall any time on this forum in which the mods have done something without a good reason to back it up.

• STOP GIVING THEM IDEA'S DUMMY!!!!! All your doing is giving them more fuel to use next update.... if you don't tell them how to screw us they can't possibly be smart enough to figure it out. They've been slowly working on it over the years as you can tell so the more you tell them The more they start rubbing their filthy hands together scheming away at their next attempt at making this game better.

P.S. GGE when someone said doing away with time skips I don't think this new update is exactly what they had in mind.
    Current Member of The Red Army
    Former Member of The Un~Forgiven (Self Appointed Propagandist)
    Former Proud Member of HITMEN(formerly know as Grumpy Hitmen)
    Former Proud Member of The Ninja Pack, Rastafarians, Rustlin' Jimmies, KingdonOfDeath and Strike Force
    Proud former Recruiter for The Ninja Pack - Crimson Warriors
    And, a very brief Period Of Time in Neph Reapers(Please don't tell The MISC)

https://prnt.sc/immx03
    Making a run for first and your...
    https://prnt.sc/imuxgc
    Then You...
    https://prnt.sc/imupnu
    FML

HIVE Club leader and Creator
    http://prntscr.com/fz0jgz
    http://prntscr.com/fyowm1

GGE Courting Methods
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/358319/bullies#latest
    Well at least. She Posted on my wall.

I am also a self-appointed GGE historian. Back in the day, I was in the Original "Honey Badgers". Until it became part of the fellowship. And, my character fell into ashes over a long hospital stay. And, the use of "xXx" at the beginning and end of the of your name was removed along with my Character. I've been here from the Start, boi.

• Death77 (US1)Death77 (US1) US1 Posts: 66

STOP GIVING THEM IDEA'S DUMMY!!!!! All your doing is giving them more fuel to use next update.... if you don't tell them how to screw us they can't possibly be smart enough to figure it out. They've been slowly working on it over the years as you can tell so the more you tell them The more they start rubbing their filthy hands together scheming away at their next attempt at making this game better.

P.S. GGE when someone said doing away with time skips I don't think this new update is exactly what they had in mind.
    i Totaly agree with you dont Give them ideas or your just throwing fire at yourself this is not Good at all Well the 8k Rubies  to hold 250,000 Food might be Worth it but your just setting yourself for mor pain of this game if they do follow some of these things i might stop playing bause of this but anyway dont give GGE anymore fire than what they already have for this game and please keep clear about going around and messaging about this stuff it might make some people Frustated than what they already are feeling 

Rip
    -Lucky pennys
    -5/24 hour skips
    -my inanity over GGE
    -and of course the food you get for FL/BC 

have a good day all 
    https://prnt.sc/h1stbr

NOT PART OF ANY WAR

CAME FOR A BEAR HUG AND LEFT

OUTSIDE MY CASTLE WITH A SCYTHE

FIGHTING, PROTECTING MY FAMILY AT ALL COSTS

HIS NAME IS DEATH 
  • Look mate, I invested a lot of time into starting up businesses and generating passive income so I have a lot of free time these days. My famiy? I’m an orphan, I’ve got no clue if I have one lol. 

And no I’m not, I’m trying to emphasise how I’m the 0.5% the game receives revenue from and how I’m speaking out for the 99.5% getting screwed by these updates. So you, not knowing what it's like for the low spenders, are trying to speak up for them? That makes a lot of sense. (sarcasm, if you cant tell)

Personally i I celebrate success, there’s a few businesses owners I’ve met in RS, CG and Praets and I’ve always asked them for details and what’s working for them. I'm not sure why this is relevant?

if you don’t think it’s going to be 300 you are probably right as GGS don’t like criticism and will likely delete this thread. I cant recall any time on this forum in which the mods have done something without a good reason to back it up.

Yeah I threw it in because I know you don’t like it and I like annoying people who don’t like me

I know what’s it’s like for them lol, I played back around 2012 man. Ruby whales had full festival squares everywhere, max ruby buildings and big ruby flags whereas I didn’t spend. I left and figured if I got successful financially I might find time for this again.

Its not relevant to the same degree your original reply was?

if you can’t recall that then you are blissfully ignorant, they used to pick and mix deleting threads all the time especially with USA drama

WAR PLAYER
  • you all act like they haven't already thought of everything in the books about how to screw over everyone for money.

Retired Recruiter of BattleHorn
    GIF
  • Gonna go prank my alliance members now.... thanks guys! 
  • you all act like they haven't already thought of everything in the books about how to screw over everyone for money.

They have a whole team working on it, also known as Goidgame Studios
    WAR PLAYER
  • Wiglema (NL1)Wiglema (NL1) NL1 Posts: 796
    • We decided to also make base food production items available to players again, for a cost of rubies. We estimate a level 10 base food item will cost roughly 4,000 rubies and a level 1 base food item will cost roughly 100 rubies. We feel this is extremely fair and will enable our players to compensate for lack of higher level granaries.

No, no, no! You know what will happen then.
    People will buy the build items and trade them in for the raw materials to get cheap sand and bricks.
    The base food production items should cost at least 10,000 rubies for level 1 and 400,000 rubies for level 10, otherwise the game's carefully crafted balance will be broken again.

(Not allowing these particular build items to be traded in for the raw materials is not an option, because it would require a complete reprogramming of the general build item functionality, which cannot realistically be expected before the end of next year. 2020. whenever Flash is obsolete.)
    Wiglema (NL1)
  • SteelSlayer (US1)SteelSlayer (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Is it bad if I feel as though GGE might actually do a few of these?...
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,054
    Ultimate mate u are probably some low life nerd who have nothing better to do in his life so come here with his stupid ideas...go get laid something or just play this game without making such stupid comments here pls... !

Or more like

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

Yeah I threw it in because I know you don’t like it and I like annoying people who don’t like me
    Excellent demonstration of how to be a prick.
    I know what’s it’s like for them lol, I played back around 2012 man. Ruby whales had full festival squares everywhere, max ruby buildings and big ruby flags whereas I didn’t spend. I left and figured if I got successful financially I might find time for this again. In 2012 this game was very different - not exactly the same experience.

Its not relevant to the same degree your original reply was? No, my reply was relevant because you made a thread which invites comments. Perhaps a better way for me to phrase it would have been "I'm not sure why this is relevant to your response or my comment?".

if you can’t recall that then you are blissfully ignorant, they used to pick and mix deleting threads all the time especially with USA drama And they had reasons for doing that, they may not have publicly shared the reasons but they existed.

• Businesses* You just had to throw that correction in, didn't you? smh

Excellent demonstration of how to be a prick.
    I know what’s it’s like for them lol, I played back around 2012 man. Ruby whales had full festival squares everywhere, max ruby buildings and big ruby flags whereas I didn’t spend. I left and figured if I got successful financially I might find time for this again. In 2012 this game was very different - not exactly the same experience.

Its not relevant to the same degree your original reply was? No, my reply was relevant because you made a thread which invites comments. Perhaps a better way for me to phrase it would have been "I'm not sure why this is relevant to your response or my comment?".

if you can’t recall that then you are blissfully ignorant, they used to pick and mix deleting threads all the time especially with USA drama And they had reasons for doing that, they may not have publicly shared the reasons but they existed.

Being a prick? You stalk my threads mate lol, you want people to retaliate 

it was harder in 2012, so it’s entirely relevant I don’t get how you are so ignorant lol

Lol no they didn’t, CM’s got fired because they were corrupt and biased lol, love how you choose which facts to remember 
    WAR PLAYER

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file