We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Counterintuition at its peak.

Hi guys, so, we all got the time skipper limit increased, from 180 to 320 for 10min-24h time skips.

However, the thing i do not understand with this, is : 

Why would you increase the available space for time skips if you make them harder to get?
If i get 5 of the 5-hour timeskips per event, why would you want me to have my max capacity increased?

Not like i go 60 events not using them.
And increasing it for the ruby buyers would be counter intuitive too, since when you buy skips it ignores your cap.

So, what was the reason for this change?
Whatever way you look at it, it makes no sense. 

Anyone got an idea?

Comments

• TempranceTemprance Posts: 825Moderator
    Hey there,

I see your point, but you seem to be unequally emphasizing the fact that the limits of the 10min, 30min, and one hour skips have also been increased to 320 limits.
    Should the limit have been increased for just the skips received through awards? and leave the limit for 5 and 24 hour skips at 180? I guess it was just convenient more than intuitive to give them all the same caps.

My main point is that I highly disagree this is "Counter intuition at its peak" compared to previous updates lol I think we've already passed our peak

Temprance

Temprance @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,825AU1
    So you can store all the 30min and 1hr skips you will get in the future

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • So you can store 6% of the skips you could before as you won’t get any 5 or 24 hour skips

LMFO GOOD LUCK GETTING LL 800 THIS DECADE
    -GGS 
    WAR PLAYER
  • Temprance said:
    Hey there,

I see your point, but you seem to be unequally emphasizing the fact that the limits of the 10min, 30min, and one hour skips have also been increased to 320 limits.
    Should the limit have been increased for just the skips received through awards? and leave the limit for 5 and 24 hour skips at 180? I guess it was just convenient more than intuitive to give them all the same caps.

My main point is that I highly disagree this is "Counter intuition at its peak" compared to previous updates lol I think we've already passed our peak

Temprance

They are making backward decisions and driving us away.  More inefficiencies introduced like the 4 clicks to finish instead of 1 10  minute skip finishing a fire or build, 23 1 hour skip instead of one 24 hour.   This is carpal tunnel making and slows us way down.  Makes it even more tedious. 

• Temprance said:
    Hey there,

Temprance

Sure, you have a point, however, let's be real, do 10 and 30 minute skips actually make big changes in your account?
    If you are active, then yes, you will use more of them, but i find it very hard to find that active players will get capped on time skips, especially with theese terrible rewards, it would take over 3 events to fill your 30 min storage not to mention the 1 hr storage. "Active" players will use more than 320 skips every 12 days, i can assure you that. 
Sign In to comment.