Home English (UK) News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Bot Banning: Intermediate results

1235»

Comments

• answer is simple......MONEY !!!!!
    What the world revolves around
    I like that boulder. That is a nice boulder.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    I dont understand how they believe doing this will generate them more money, most of the people i know that are given a fully developed account go on to play it pretty much ruby free, no need to spend on an account that has already got everything.  Certainly needs less money spending on it then if you were developing a new account.  

Also the only reason people multi account is so they can play at a higher level than they would be able to than playing a single account.  or in other words if you multi account you can play at a higher level for less money than you would be able to if you played a single account, so realistically by allowing multi accounting GGE are costing themselves money.

So for example say I have 4 top level accounts, and i want to play hard in nomads, I could play nomads on one account then effectivly park that account for the next 3 nomad events, so by the time it was time to play nomads on that account again I would have a nice 100% personal offer waiting for me, so i could buy the boosts half price.

If i have 1 account, and want to play every nomads hard, i would be forced to spend 2x as much on those boosts as the multi accounter, as I would be buying too frequently to gain a personal offer for every nomad event.

The truth is people multi account, and pass accounts on, to save money, and to allow people to play at a higher level than they would be able to without this.  To me this will cost GGE significant amounts of money, over time.

Thats before we even factor in the implications there is to genuine players, ie forcing genuine players from the game as they see other players breaking the rules and having nothing done to them.
    Philt123 @ en 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,051
    I dont understand how they believe doing this will generate them more money, most of the people i know that are given a fully developed account go on to play it pretty much ruby free, no need to spend on an account that has already got everything.  Certainly needs less money spending on it then if you were developing a new account.  

Also the only reason people multi account is so they can play at a higher level than they would be able to than playing a single account.  or in other words if you multi account you can play at a higher level for less money than you would be able to if you played a single account, so realistically by allowing multi accounting GGE are costing themselves money.

So for example say I have 4 top level accounts, and i want to play hard in nomads, I could play nomads on one account then effectivly park that account for the next 3 nomad events, so by the time it was time to play nomads on that account again I would have a nice 100% personal offer waiting for me, so i could buy the boosts half price.

If i have 1 account, and want to play every nomads hard, i would be forced to spend 2x as much on those boosts as the multi accounter, as I would be buying too frequently to gain a personal offer for every nomad event.

The truth is people multi account, and pass accounts on, to save money, and to allow people to play at a higher level than they would be able to without this.  To me this will cost GGE significant amounts of money, over time.

Thats before we even factor in the implications there is to genuine players, ie forcing genuine players from the game as they see other players breaking the rules and having nothing done to them.
    And the multi can have all defense in the 3 other accs and stations those at his main acc which is , if you have multiple top level accounts, a hugh boost.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
Sign In to comment.