New Login Process

Just a quick clarification?  Why am I now getting a new log in screen which requires me to allow software to run is this something GGE have put in place if so a bit of warning first on something like that would help.  Not really comfortable logging back in until I'm sure that is genuine and not some scam.  I'd prefer confirmation from GGE member of staff on this just for added peace of mind.  The way it's done with minimal off centre graphics looked dodgy to me and given this is a game that has payment processes involved rings a lot of alarm bells.  Happy to play again once you provide clear confirmation on what on earth is going on???
Batten @ en 1

Comments

• Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,872AU1
    Provide a screenshot and I will most likely be able to tell you what it is :)

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • Just a quick clarification?  Why am I now getting a new log in screen which requires me to allow software to run is this something GGE have put in place if so a bit of warning first on something like that would help.  Not really comfortable logging back in until I'm sure that is genuine and not some scam.  I'd prefer confirmation from GGE member of staff on this just for added peace of mind.  The way it's done with minimal off centre graphics looked dodgy to me and given this is a game that has payment processes involved rings a lot of alarm bells.  Happy to play again once you provide clear confirmation on what on earth is going on???

You mean the page that says you need to enable flash? 
    If yes, then i have no clue where on earth you got the scam idea from as GGE must have this or else your computer will not run the game.
  • Imperius (GB1)Imperius (GB1) Posts: 852GB1
    if you've recently cleared something in history sometimes flash games may ask to enable flash for certain things to run completely normal 
    [email protected] - Previously [email protected]
    Leader of Wraith
  • Shortly said. No there shouldnt be, however if youre computer tells you to run Adobe Flash then do so and if it does that multiple time and it bothers you can do the following :,

1. Delete your Browser history Cache. just simply type cache on your windows search bar. 

2. Download the newest version of Adobe flash player, (be carefull for what you download as some websites will try to download True key which is nothing than a software filled with Virus)

3. Check your internet Speed as your internet connection may be lower than expected (if it is so, your screen should be brown or blue with GGS logo for some minutes)
    You can check your connection by using OOkla speedtest.
    Simply type INternet speedtest and it should pop up somewhere on the top.

4. Use Google chrome as some websites may result in lag or bad Framerate.
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    I have been playing for over five years and this is the first time I've had to do this which is why it's surprised me.  It's a black screen with Start on it which instructs you to click allow.    

So essentially reading between the lines what your telling me is if I click allow it could potential play havoc with other aspects of my computer set up?  

If I'm going to be required to take actions that I don't understand with consequences that aren't clearly explained then that seems to me to represent a significant risk.  The fact CM's and technical advice leave it to players to answer this type of query or explain it is not encouraging.  

I'm not entirely sure I can download new version of Adobe without paying for it from memory and simply don't have time at present to work it out.  Given my alliance was trying to compete in an event unfortunate timing.What's a true key and excited to learn if I mees it up I'll inherit shed load of viruses. 

Making it this difficult does make stopping playing look an attractive option.  If it is broke don't fix it.  Constantly fiddling with things until the break isn't progress.   

Batten @ en 1
  • detedudu (INT2)detedudu (INT2) Posts: 353
    edited 19.10.2017
    I have been playing for over five years and this is the first time I've had to do this which is why it's surprised me.  It's a black screen with Start on it which instructs you to click allow.    

So essentially reading between the lines what your telling me is if I click allow it could potential play havoc with other aspects of my computer set up?  

If I'm going to be required to take actions that I don't understand with consequences that aren't clearly explained then that seems to me to represent a significant risk.  The fact CM's and technical advice leave it to players to answer this type of query or explain it is not encouraging.  

I'm not entirely sure I can download new version of Adobe without paying for it from memory and simply don't have time at present to work it out.  Given my alliance was trying to compete in an event unfortunate timing.What's a true key and excited to learn if I mees it up I'll inherit shed load of viruses. 

Making it this difficult does make stopping playing look an attractive option.  If it is broke don't fix it.  Constantly fiddling with things until the break isn't progress.   

Doesn't make any sense what you are saying. Allow flash player to run as instructed and you will be redirected back to the game there you can login and play. This has happened to me before and last time i checked my computer is completely clean from any viruses. 

If you don't want expertise from us players, then you should PM one of the CM's and ask them. 
    The CM's are busy and will therefore not respond on every thread unless it's something the mods can't handle. 
  • MightyHawklord (GB1)MightyHawklord (GB1) Posts: 508GB1
    edited 20.10.2017
    @Batten (GB1)

flash is free buddy,

just go here and check

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

pm me with a screen shot of the window if you want
    MightyHawklord @ en 1
    leader of the mighty dragon legion
    non-ruby buying alliance

be afraid,be very afraid
    registered Linux user 476319
    registered machine 408663

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/334430/unfair-practice-from-ggs-support
  • Batten (GB1)Batten (GB1) Posts: 1,120GB1
    Thanks M.  I checked with ICT guy at work and he explained it to me.  I'm not really a technical guy so technical explanations are wasted on Luddites like me I don't need to know the technicalities I just want to log in and play.  I clearly haven't been able to do that for a couple of days which is unfortunate for me and I guess for my alliance.  My gift buddy deficit is the equivalent of GDP of small country now.  Like many older players I worry about security of my system and changes I don't understand make me nervous.  I'd say the posts on the scale of the bot problem highlights why and we all know the issues of password sharing and multi-accounting are far greater issue.  In terms of taking advice from players whilst it is always welcome we are clearly playing in an environment where many top alliances and players at all levels of the game have proved consistently they aren't honest and can't be trusted.  
    Batten @ en 1
Sign In to comment.