We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

YouTube Channel and Feedback

2»

Comments

• bannerlord when it comes out
    and in how many more years will that be? another 3? lol
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) Posts: 161INT1
    edited 15.10.2017
    That's true. I really don't think any Let's Plays of GGE are watchable (sorry Herveus, lol). I don't really understand why people watch my videos either. There are so many games better for making videos of.
    insted of thanking people foor waching  you guys say i dont undrestand  why they wach ?  i wach alot of them just becuse there was effort of makeing the video and the content i already know but i say ok since they spend time to make it lets wach it  but i think some just dont deserve the full respect and suport that the people give them 

• Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,487
    edited 15.10.2017
    insted of thanking people foor waching  you guys say i dont undrestand  why they wach ?  i wach alot of them just becuse there was effort of makeing the video and the content i already know but i say ok since they spend time to make it lets wach it  but i think some just dont deserve the full respect and suport that the people give them 

I think the issue is just that we don't understand why people watch/enjoy some of that content, at least in when portrayed in the manner of just a video running trains for a long time.

I could see tutorials doing pretty well among new players, but to be honest, there aren't many new players to begin with, and even fewer come to the forums or go on YouTube to look for tips.

I'd understand more (and may eventually do myself) if it was like saving big foreign castles and hitting several at once, showing the reports, talking through them and through the setup process etc, or maybe running trains on the khan camp and then raging it and talking about the defense and hows and whys and such, showing the results etc.

I guess TL;DR what I'm trying to say is we need some better GGE content so I might work on that when my bird ends in a couple days.

@Cobalt_Fusion (US1) I'm starting a new Warband playthrough with Age of Calradia mod, I haven't played NW but I thought it was just MP?

With Fire and Sword seems way too hard to legitimately want to play tbh lol

@Breor (US1) thanks for the advice on the audio, I'll stop being lazy and look into it one of these nights, I'm pretty sure my mic is just not great though because that's roughly what I sound like in discord (as far as I know) might run a test with my roommate later and see if I need a better mic or better recording software

Interestingly enough in general for people on a war/strategy game there is a stunning lack of interest in the Total War series, which is what I originally created the channel to upload lol
    After I finish my campaign (probably in a couple weeks because its a pain to record campaigns on that game) I'll probably switch over and just do battles, I think most people would enjoy those more than the actual campaign. I know I do.

As always any other suggestions are always welcome and I'll see what I can do.

In addition @Breor (US1) @Herveus (AU1) if you guys give me your channel names/links I'll put you in my Featured Channels
    Post edited by Friedrich IV (US1) on
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Breor (US1)Breor (US1) Posts: 238US1

I thank people for watching at the end of every video. I appreciate the views, just don't understand where they come from.
    Breor @ USA 1
    Search for "Breor47" on YouTube
    Forum likes validate me.

• Monolith really outdid themselves with these names lol

Thunder-Bowels, holy crap thats great
    Friedrich IV US1
  • insted of thanking people foor waching  you guys say i dont undrestand  why they wach ?  i wach alot of them just becuse there was effort of makeing the video and the content i already know but i say ok since they spend time to make it lets wach it  but i think some just dont deserve the full respect and suport that the people give them 

I think the issue is just that we don't understand why people watch/enjoy some of that content, at least in when portrayed in the manner of just a video running trains for a long time.

I could see tutorials doing pretty well among new players, but to be honest, there aren't many new players to begin with, and even fewer come to the forums or go on YouTube to look for tips.

I'd understand more (and may eventually do myself) if it was like saving big foreign castles and hitting several at once, showing the reports, talking through them and through the setup process etc, or maybe running trains on the khan camp and then raging it and talking about the defense and hows and whys and such, showing the results etc.

I guess TL;DR what I'm trying to say is we need some better GGE content so I might work on that when my bird ends in a couple days.

@Cobalt_Fusion (US1) I'm starting a new Warband playthrough with Age of Calradia mod, I haven't played NW but I thought it was just MP?

With Fire and Sword seems way too hard to legitimately want to play tbh lol

@Breor (US1) thanks for the advice on the audio, I'll stop being lazy and look into it one of these nights, I'm pretty sure my mic is just not great though because that's roughly what I sound like in discord (as far as I know) might run a test with my roommate later and see if I need a better mic or better recording software

Interestingly enough in general for people on a war/strategy game there is a stunning lack of interest in the Total War series, which is what I originally created the channel to upload lol
    After I finish my campaign (probably in a couple weeks because its a pain to record campaigns on that game) I'll probably switch over and just do battles, I think most people would enjoy those more than the actual campaign. I know I do.

As always any other suggestions are always welcome and I'll see what I can do.

In addition @Breor (US1) @Herveus (AU1) if you guys give me your channel names/links I'll put you in my Featured Channels
    Try Laigle mod

its just a mod for mount and blade warband but plays like NW. It is single player

Retired Recruiter of BattleHorn
    GIF
  • Updated original post with new featured content, including the GGE video I put up today. Very open to suggestions on how to run those still.

I'll be posting content more actively now that I've moved my setup upstairs where it's more private and I have more opportunities to record undisturbed, so I'll probably be posting at least a few videos a day roughly from now on.
    Friedrich IV US1
Sign In to comment.