Home English (UK) Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion Thread: October 2017 Update

Comments

• Another update and another round of disappointment.

1. Unable to collect free gifts.
     Not the first time this has happened. You make new tools that we don't need and then screw up the free gift. Is this intentional? Maybe.

2. Berimond Invasion rewards as well as rewards and equipment items from expired points events are now avilable in the equipment trader, so you no longer have to miss out.
    And yet, the only items offered in the equipment trader are gems? And BM Ang's post about iterations is nonsense. Don't say it will be offered and then not offer it. Otherwise, folks might think GGE is lying....
    Oh and can someone please explain how you run out of stock of equipment in a virtual game?
    I can only hope gge does not make the ruby cost of those outdated pieces cost prohibitive.

3. The University.
    What a joke of a ruby scam. You want us to waste valuable real estate in our main castle to add a bldg that only increases the speed of research? What, are you planning to get rid of all the skips and only offer skips as ruby purchases? Another nail in the coffin.

4. The Forge
    Ruby scam bldg. In your example, you used lvl 8 forge to show a reduced time of 1min 45 seconds for 5 mantlets. Let's take a closer look. To get a Forge to lvl 8, you would have to spend 76,400 rubies. And for that amount you can increase you production speed by less than 2 min???
    I'll let those figures speak for themselves.

5. 10 min free skip reduction.
    In our next update, we will reduce the free skip time to instantly finish construction from 10 to 4 minutes. This decision is based on the evaluations of the current game progression and especially on player behavior in early stages. Therefore, we adapted our system according to this analysis and players should have a more streamlined progression through the game with this adjustment.
    A more streamlined progression? What exactly does that mean to you, GGE? I know what it means to the rest of us, but is that the best excuse you can come up with to shaft the players once again? You are fully aware how difficult this is going to make building out Storm Islands and Beri camps. We KNOW you are only doing this so you will get many more oops ruby spending. Shame on you GGE!

Whenever GGE streamlines something, it means - shaft...no lube!
    More one thing. You said months ago you would be decreasing the time between the Battle for Berimond. I guess that was just another lie. Oh wait...GGE would not lie to us, would they???
    revina @ usa 1
  • Why is it next to impossible on the "Help"/support site to find a place to REPORT A BUG? Players shouldn't have to spend so much time trying to bring a game-wide problem to your attention...

BUG REPORT: The "update" message with GIFTS, and a click button to get the gifts, did NOT DELIVER the gifts. I personally don't really care, but I am hearing a lot of unhappy player chatter about it, which  is why I am trying to report it.

WHAT HAPPENS is that in the "New Update" message sent out about 10 hours before this post, there is a display of the 'gifts' at bottom of message, and a COLLECT BUTTON; when clicking to collect, an over-pop error comes up (sorry, can't give you the error code) saying the gift was already collected. Now the gift graphics and button are greyed out and  overhover text shows "Already collected".

(And yes, I have thoroughly searched all my tools at all my castles for fleet shields, just in case... they are not to be found anywhere.)
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 27.09.2017
    10 mins free skip goes down to 4 minutes 
    another bulxxxxx upgrade 

I do not believe this is true. I think that this is false. The 10 minutes are still free.
    If you are still able to use the 10 mins free count yourself lucky because most of us now have this stupid 4 min norm they want. Chalking it up to yet another stupid move on GGE's part.
    When did they say they would be replacing ten minute skips with 4 minutes in the forum skips and what thread? Do you even have a link to prove this? Usually if GGS makes any changes in the game they openly post about this on a thread for everyone to see.
    Never mind what I had said earlier. No need for a link and I had overlooked a thread that said they would reduce the time for instantly upgrading a building. lol.

On a more serious side note the time for being able to complete a building for free in only 4 minutes left is a pathetic update. It will just ultimately result in us wasting more of our precious time skips.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 27.09.2017
    Another update and another round of disappointment.

1. Unable to collect free gifts.
     Not the first time this has happened. You make new tools that we don't need and then screw up the free gift. Is this intentional? Maybe.

2. Berimond Invasion rewards as well as rewards and equipment items from expired points events are now avilable in the equipment trader, so you no longer have to miss out.
    And yet, the only items offered in the equipment trader are gems? And BM Ang's post about iterations is nonsense. Don't say it will be offered and then not offer it. Otherwise, folks might think GGE is lying....
    Oh and can someone please explain how you run out of stock of equipment in a virtual game?
    I can only hope gge does not make the ruby cost of those outdated pieces cost prohibitive.

3. The University.
    What a joke of a ruby scam. You want us to waste valuable real estate in our main castle to add a bldg that only increases the speed of research? What, are you planning to get rid of all the skips and only offer skips as ruby purchases? Another nail in the coffin.

4. The Forge
    Ruby scam bldg. In your example, you used lvl 8 forge to show a reduced time of 1min 45 seconds for 5 mantlets. Let's take a closer look. To get a Forge to lvl 8, you would have to spend 76,400 rubies. And for that amount you can increase you production speed by less than 2 min???
    I'll let those figures speak for themselves.

5. 10 min free skip reduction.
    In our next update, we will reduce the free skip time to instantly finish construction from 10 to 4 minutes. This decision is based on the evaluations of the current game progression and especially on player behavior in early stages. Therefore, we adapted our system according to this analysis and players should have a more streamlined progression through the game with this adjustment.
    A more streamlined progression? What exactly does that mean to you, GGE? I know what it means to the rest of us, but is that the best excuse you can come up with to shaft the players once again? You are fully aware how difficult this is going to make building out Storm Islands and Beri camps. We KNOW you are only doing this so you will get many more oops ruby spending. Shame on you GGE!

Whenever GGE streamlines something, it means - shaft...no lube!
    More one thing. You said months ago you would be decreasing the time between the Battle for Berimond. I guess that was just another lie. Oh wait...GGE would not lie to us, would they???
    You do have at least some good points, but the equipment trader actually varies. It not only sells gems, but also sometimes sells ruby value equipment as well. The most expensive ruby cast and commander in the game for example are at least sometimes offered in the equipment trader instead of gems.

Also, the University and Forges they are good for at least one thing even if upgrading them is pointless. The 5x5 instead of 5x10 starting at 205 public order. If you were to build those two together they would be combined 410 public order at the same size as a garden or park. (The only downside is that both building decorations are low in might points.) However, you can only build them in the main castle. The outposts and even the outer kingdoms can not build forges.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    edited 27.09.2017
    Why is it next to impossible on the "Help"/support site to find a place to REPORT A BUG? Players shouldn't have to spend so much time trying to bring a game-wide problem to your attention...

BUG REPORT: The "update" message with GIFTS, and a click button to get the gifts, did NOT DELIVER the gifts. I personally don't really care, but I am hearing a lot of unhappy player chatter about it, which  is why I am trying to report it.

WHAT HAPPENS is that in the "New Update" message sent out about 10 hours before this post, there is a display of the 'gifts' at bottom of message, and a COLLECT BUTTON; when clicking to collect, an over-pop error comes up (sorry, can't give you the error code) saying the gift was already collected. Now the gift graphics and button are greyed out and  overhover text shows "Already collected".

(And yes, I have thoroughly searched all my tools at all my castles for fleet shields, just in case... they are not to be found anywhere.)
    You are not the only one with this problem. I am having this problem as well and possibly everyone else on the entire U.S 1 server never got these gifts. I never got the fleet shields either. GGS needs to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Please address this issue to our CM @BM ang1243 . Only BM's can communicate with our current CM and the support team can unfortunately sometimes be unreliable even if everyone else got the same bug. Communication needs to somehow reach GGS that possibly everyone on the entire U.S.1 server is having a bug problem with collecting the gift with the fleet shields.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Tjeutje (NL1)Tjeutje (NL1) NL1 Posts: 8
    After years of deterioration, GGS had finally found the way back up about a year ago with updates that reduced the (ridiculous) amounts of soldiers that could be acquired and that made the game more accessible (and more interesting) for low to mid ruby players (the spine of the game). 

However, since last summer GGS completely lost it focus again. One after another update is focused on increasing expenses and we also see again that players can buy huge amount of soldiers which is  simply not in sink with the remainder of the game elements (and results in an unbalance in the game vis-a-vis player who do not acquire soldiers). 

In this update in particular we see only elements which favour the ruby players:
    1) New buildings, obviously at significant ruby costs (not even creative/original buildings);
    2) Equipment that players initially needed to invest time in, can now simply be bought with rubies;
    3) Additional boosters to be bought; 
    4) Additional tools to be bought with rubies;
    5) New nomad rewards, exclusively available for those who buy boosters.

As such, I am really shocked by the quality of this update which does not implement anything new and original. Instead, the exclusive focus of this update is on increasing expenses for players. 

I strongly get the feeling that GGS is creaming the game one last round before it shuts down the whole thing. This is at least not a sustainable gaming model.
    Tjeutje @ nl 1
  • Copied over from bug thread:
    I seem to be getting no points in the lotus event from spending samurai tokens, forget the 6 points I should be getting because of boosters, I haven't even got 3 points. Should have had 18 points from spending tokens 3 times, got nothing. Points from hitting camps are still working. 

EDIT:
    Sorry manta for doing this here but:

F**K YOU  GG (not you manta) 

YOU CU*TS INCREASED THE 950 SAMURAI TOKENS YOU SPEND FROM 950 TO 1000 WITHOUT FUC*ING TELLING US. 

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, I SPENT 3000 SAMURAI TOKENS WITHOUT GETTING ANY POINTS. CHEAP ASS CUNTS TRYING TO MILK US AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. YOU WON'T BE MILKING ME. I WILL NEVER SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME UNLESS I SEE SOME SORT OF AN APOLOGY ABOUT THIS AND NOTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS AGAIN.

I HIGHLY DOUBT THIS WILL HAPPEN, YOU MAY BE MILKING A LOT OF PEOPLE BUT I WON'T BE ONE OF THEM. GOOD LUCK GETTING ME TO BUY   :D
  • JYT (US1)JYT (US1) US1 Posts: 895
    Copied over from bug thread:
    I seem to be getting no points in the lotus event from spending samurai tokens, forget the 6 points I should be getting because of boosters, I haven't even got 3 points. Should have had 18 points from spending tokens 3 times, got nothing. Points from hitting camps are still working. 

EDIT:

YOU CU*TS INCREASED THE 950 SAMURAI TOKENS YOU SPEND FROM 950 TO 1000 WITHOUT FUC*ING TELLING US. 

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, I SPENT 3000 SAMURAI TOKENS WITHOUT GETTING ANY POINTS. CHEAP ASS CUNTS TRYING TO MILK US AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. YOU WON'T BE MILKING ME. I WILL NEVER SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME UNLESS I SEE SOME SORT OF AN APOLOGY ABOUT THIS AND NOTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS AGAIN.

I HIGHLY DOUBT THIS WILL HAPPEN, YOU MAY BE MILKING A LOT OF PEOPLE BUT I WON'T BE ONE OF THEM. GOOD LUCK GETTING ME TO BUY   :D
    When was samurai spend 950? As far as I know it was always spend 1000 samurai tokens for 3 points or 950 nomad tablets for 3 points.

Also you almost definitely won't get any sort of apology. Even if you do, it probably won't cover what was lost. (Think the compensation for the gem re-work update)

Discord: JYT#1574
  • JYT (US1) said:

EDIT:

When was samurai spend 950? As far as I know it was always spend 1000 samurai tokens for 3 points or 950 nomad tablets for 3 points.

Also you almost definitely won't get any sort of apology. Even if you do, it probably won't cover what was lost. (Think the compensation for the gem re-work update)

true, been there for a while now.
       "lol"

• JYT (US1) said:

EDIT:

I suppose it could have been my mistake but I swear it was 950 tokens for samurais too?
  • JYT (US1) said:

EDIT:

I suppose it could have been my mistake but I swear it was 950 tokens for samurais too?
    yh, but changed it a while back,
       "lol"

• ffs, stupid me

message still applies for some of the other crap that they've done though  ;)
  • Peter John (US1)Peter John (US1) US1 Posts: 837
    edited 28.09.2017
    ffs, stupid me

message still applies for some of the other crap that they've done though  ;)
    It did got change like 2 or 3 LTPE ago (if I remember correctly it was 960 for sammy and 950 for nomad). BUT you got a point, there is NO announcement. Luckily, I NEVER trust GGS so I always check before doing it, and actually spent once check whether my point increased properly, before keep spending.

I feel your loss tho....
    edited 28.09.2017
    @BM ang1243
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/4841005/#Comment_4841005

Can't find proper thread, so I put it here:
    Military - Defense - "Combat Strength for all units stationed in main castles" bonus was not shown correctly

NOT only Defense. Offense also didn't show correctly. If the target cast has equipment/hero with "x% combat Strength for all units {stationed in main castles|or whatever}" (or the reduction version) it didn't get counted in the spy report. I've reported this several months ago, as usual my ticket got routed to blackhole.

• Every update is meant to have us spent real money- but the way they change things, the less appealing spending money becomes.

In March this year they changed the amount of rewards you got when spending real money. Suddenly I was asked to spend £50.00 instead of £10.00 to get the same amount of rewards. Really? Not to mention that the amount you need to spend increases regularly- Do they really expect everyone to have unlimited pounds available? Do they really think, because I bought some rubies with the 100% bonus that the next time, I will spend more money to get the rewards offered?

Now they reduce the free skip time from 10 minutes to 4 minutes. Wanting to finish a building earlier, means more skips need to be used. At the same time they reduce the amount of skips that can be won, just so you buy them with real money. That causes two problems that puts off people from spending real money:

1. If you use a bonus when buying rubies, you could end up with an increase of money needed to be spent to get any rewards, because you reached the next tier. For example, you need to spend 30k rubies to get the rewards (£14.99). Using the 100% bonus without reducing the amount spent, you'll buy 60k rubies for £14.99, but the next time an offer appears, they want you to buy 50k rubies for £24.99 to get any rewards.

2. Without skips to use for nomads and samurai, there is no reason to buy the booster, because you won't be able to make full use of it. Honestly- Why would I buy a 6 hour booster for real money, if I have a 5 hour cooling off period?

If they want players to spend real money, they should consider the impact of their updates. When I just started, I bought a couple of packages for £5 and £10, but stopped two weeks later, because I was asked to spend £50.00 to get the rewards I got before for spending £10.00. In July I bought a booster for nomads and went up from needing to buy 6k rubies to 30k. Last month I got the trolley with VIP bonus + a three tier reward + the 100% bonus. Instead of buying a smaller package, I decided that spending £14.99 will be somewhat worthwhile- giving me 60k rubies and double the rewards. Now they want me to spend £24.99 to get any rewards. :(

I don't have a problem spending £5 or £10 on this game every now and then, but I expect something in exchange. I don't want to be forced to spend more money each time I buy rubies using a bonus. And I don't see a reason to buy a booster, if I need to buy skips in addition in order to use the booster, just because they have money problems.

On a positive note- thanks to this, I keep my spending under control now. And even if the price goes down in three to four months, so will the rewards and honestly, £4.99 for about 50 attack tools or 6 days VIP, depending on the offer is useless. Spending £4.99 to get a 2 hours booster for nomad or samurai was ok, but has become useless as well now.
  • Scandy (GB1)Scandy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 122
    I guess the reduction from 10m to 4m is meant  to make people think hard about getting a premium camp in Berimond, Storm or Underworld/Thorn/Blade - i can't think of any other reason that actually makes any real sense to GGE

Reducing 10m free time to 4m isnt needed - change it back.
    LOL, not gonna happened.
  • Philt123 (GB1)Philt123 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,839
    edited 29.09.2017
    I have to admit I am distinctly underwhelmed by the latest update.  Increasing speed of research seems pretty pointless, when you can already increase speed with time skips. the forge as  seems crazy expensive for a very tiny increase in production speed.   Not only that when I am building tools i tend to do all castles at once. then if say the build time is around 2 hrs then i will come back 2 hrs later and do all the tools again in all castles, If decided to spend a fortune on a forge and it saved me 10 mins in main castle.  but it still takes me 2 hrs everwhere else I am not gonna come back after 1:50 to start manufacture in main green again, Just for one castle.  I will still come back after 2 hrs like i always have done, so the reality is I will have spent a fortune for nothing i will still be in practice making the tools at exactly the same rate as i always have done.  Unless the forge increases speed in every castle you have? in which case the item has some value, just not much.

And as for the 10 mins to 4 min update, well it is what it is GGE have even stopped making any attempt to lube up before giving the shaft.  its just the same as the lucky penny, and the reduction of rubies from towers update.  Its simply a way of trying to recuce the amount you can do for free in the game.  Someone somewhere at a senior level within GGE clearly believes that this will make more people buy more rubies.  

All the players know it will eventually just drive players from the game.  But clearly GGE believe they know best. So will plough on regardless.  Truth is GGE dont want to hear why ruby sales are falling.  And the truth is, Its down to a number of things, 1) cost inflation within the game.  basically things are becoming more and more expensive 2) offers are getting worse and worse.  3) the more you spend the offers get worse.  To the point you need to spend a minimum of £100 to get any sort of bonus, and even then you only really get slightly more of the things you want than you did when the offer was £5.  The rest of the offer is crap tools you dont really want or need that are vastly over inflated to make the offer look better than it is.  3) you get incentivised for spending less frequently, ie the longer you wait between purchases the better cheaper the rubies become.  4) you know full well there are other people on your server who are able to buy rubies 3-400% cheaper than you can full time permaintly becuase they are pretending to be in a different country. 5) If you spend your hard earned cash on items within the game GGE can and will take them away from you or massivly reduce their usefullnes.  Not only this many of the items on sale dont actually work correctly or do anythign at all if this happens to you GGE will not give you your money back their response is tough luck.  

Add all these things together and more and more people are coming to the conclusion its simply not a game worth putting real money into.  And has nothing to do with the fact GGE give so much free stuff its not worth spending on.  
    Post edited by Philt123 (GB1) on
    Philt123 @ en 1
Sign In to comment.