What is the point of the test Server ????

I thought it was to test new updates before they go live.....well GGE its not working #shambles

Comments

• kev21 (GB1)kev21 (GB1) Posts: 35GB1
    Shambles is not the word who else would announce things without checking it will work
    Ah maybe GGE is part of Trump industries 
    kev21 @ en 1
  • I thought it was to test new updates before they go live.....well GGE its not working #shambles

Sorry you misunderstood its purpose.  The real reason behind the test server is a feel good item that GGE introduced to try to convince the players that they are trying to prevent problems before introducing to the game.  
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • flug (NL1)flug (NL1) Posts: 760NL1
    I thought it was to test new updates before they go live.....well GGE its not working #shambles
    :)  it never worked.  it's makebelieve
    flug @ nl 1
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,941ASIA1
    Test server is only for 1/2 weeks, for all players. We all think that we test things there, to find bugs and problems of the new updates, but who the hell can find bugs when the server is going for 1 day and then is down. They tested the update before the server to be open. Like at the start of the month (August)..
    ] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• Truth is we go to the test server to go indulge our built up ruby spending desires, who tests anything there lol.
    WAR PLAYER
  • Truth is we go to the test server to go indulge our built up ruby spending desires, who tests anything there lol.
    Me :P Was good to find out how much things cost. Never really tested out the updates so much as the costs per building and what certain upgrades max out at.
  • Mushroom :3 (US1)Mushroom :3 (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 05.09.2017
    The fact that there are Closed BETA testers who(they play the game in real servers too) have unlimited access to commanders/castellans and everything else in the game is unfair.

That's gives them a HUGE advantage, they are allowed to test everything combine equipment rule out what they think is useless and then start a account on a real server and know exactly what there gonna do because they already tested it.

They are also able to prepare for new events that haven't even been announced yet. Do I even have to explain how that is unfair?
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • The fact that there are Closed BETA testers who(they play the game in real servers too) have unlimited access to commanders/castellans and everything else in the game is unfair.

That's gives them a HUGE advantage, they are allowed to test everything combine equipment rule out what they think is useless and then start a account on a real server and know exactly what there gonna do because they already tested it.

They are also able to prepare for new events that haven't even been announced yet. Do I even have to explain how that is unfair?
    Do I even have to explain that you can go on the test server as well? smfh
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,872AU1
    The fact that there are Closed BETA testers who(they play the game in real servers too) have unlimited access to commanders/castellans and everything else in the game is unfair.

Me being closed beta I have to say these servers are not even nearly the same and we yes you could argue that we have an unfair advantage this but the numbers of all the equipment is  out there you can do maths yourself and combine without having eq , and what is there we can then do if we know about new events? More attackers, more mantlets? Like shit that is no difference to what all top players do 24/7.

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free
  • The fact that there are Closed BETA testers who(they play the game in real servers too) have unlimited access to commanders/castellans and everything else in the game is unfair.

You would be surprised how little 500k rubies is in the equipment trrader.
    WAR PLAYER

No you don't.

I have already been there, and is nothing to close to the closed BETA.

So you can "smfh" somewhere else.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU

For once i actually agree with Onion God

One thing that i think not so HUGE just Big lol
  • Mushroom :3 (US1)Mushroom :3 (US1) Posts: 377
    edited 06.09.2017

Me being closed beta I have to say these servers are not even nearly the same and we yes you could argue that we have an unfair advantage this but the numbers of all the equipment is  out there you can do maths yourself and combine without having eq , and what is there we can then do if we know about new events? More attackers, more mantlets? Like shit that is no difference to what all top players do 24/7.
    Events(New/Old):
    What do you mean by "What can we do about knowing new events?". Prepare for them.

Example: GGS is trying to put AT back in GGE, so they use Closed BETA
    1.) Collect Horsetails
    2.) Collect Defense(If you boost, or if they fixed the boosting, try saving up some offense)
    etc.

You wouldn't know the exact date probably but you could make a prediction and to me that is BS.

Equipment:
    Equipment wasn't the point of my argument. It was just a example, just the first thing that came to my head.

Defending and Attacking:
    Would rather waste ruby tools in a Closed BETA test server to defend against attacks that are common in the real servers so then I can prepare myself for when I do get attacked. Some may argue that its just canceling out the percentages, not the courtyard though, that shit is weird.

P.S Nobody in the real server has unlimited troops/tools.
    diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    Purpose: Placebo effect.
    Use: Screw around and have fun.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) Posts: 360AU1
    The test server is a false environment where anyone can have a high level castle and maybe even high level ops, without taking the time to learn how to play the game.
    You can have 20k horrors given to you and attack all and sundry, but your commanders and castellans are basically naked, so what sort of information can these attacks be sending to GGS? and what use can be made of the information in any event?
    You can use your 500k rubies to build your castle and maybe even to buy tools up the wazoo, but if you don't know how to attack or defend properly, what is the point?  
    It seems, noone takes the time to build up their RB towers, because they don't feel the need to. But if not, where do you get the equipment necessary for your commanders and castellans?  How can you get meaningful information, on which to base the game updates, from such a flawed system?

Hoping for better information systems in the future.
    Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) Posts: 10,872AU1

Events(New/Old):
    What do you mean by "What can we do about knowing new events?". Prepare for them.

1.) Collect Horsetails
    2.) Collect Defense(If you boost, or if they fixed the boosting, try saving up some offense)
    etc.

You wouldn't know the exact date probably but you could make a prediction and to me that is BS.
    So you want GGS to publish events and updates excactly like they want them to be and withot player feedback first , I can assure you we already prevented some pretty horrid ideas that would have brocken the neck of all players , and for how long we gonna have that advantage? 1 Event , maybe 2 , Is that really something that you want us to not have and instead have shit like 50% cry cap for comms? Pretty sure no , and we spend OUR FREE TIME to gie them Feedback there all we get back is some information like shit we spend easily 50+ h/week there sometimes and get nothing in return. 

Equipment:
    Equipment wasn't the point of my argument. It was just a example, just the first thing that came to my head.

Defending and Attacking:
    Would rather waste ruby tools in a Closed BETA test server to defend against attacks that are common in the real servers so then I can prepare myself for when I do get attacked. Some may argue that its just canceling out the percentages, not the courtyard though, that shit is weird.
    All players participating on the Closed Beta are hand picked good players , we all know  how the courtyard is calculated , have fun finding it out not that hard tbh.

Oh shitt sherlock you don't say but you can also do tests for cry with 100 maceman against 100 bowman 

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

You have a point there, but what would you prefer the most? An experienced player testing features and updates providing feedback or a Goodgame empire developer who doesn't even play the game himself? Think about it

Events(New/Old):

1.) Collect Horsetails
    etc.

So you want GGS to publish events and updates excactly like they want them to be and withot player feedback first , I can assure you we already prevented some pretty horrid ideas that would have brocken the neck of all players , and for how long we gonna have that advantage? 1 Event , maybe 2 , Is that really something that you want us to not have and instead have shit like 50% cry cap for comms? Pretty sure no , and we spend OUR FREE TIME to gie them Feedback there all we get back is some information like shit we spend easily 50+ h/week there sometimes and get nothing in return. 

Equipment:

Defending and Attacking:
    All players participating on the Closed Beta are hand picked good players , we all know  how the courtyard is calculated , have fun finding it out not that hard tbh.

Oh shitt sherlock you don't say but you can also do tests for cry with 100 maceman against 100 bowman 

1.) I never said I didn't want GGS NOT to test the new updates. I said I didn't want players who played in real server to do Close BETA, because of the reason I stated above. Also, you chose to do Closed BETA, if your spending 50+h/ week then it is no one fault that you choose to use your time like that.

2.) ???

P.S: Of course I can test with bowman and maceman. but..
    1.) In a real server: people don't like there castles being on fire(unless they use a FC, which isn't as effective as it used to be)
    2.) I have to organize with another player(who I have to convince) to help me.

Also... You were the one who said  "More attackers, more mantlets? Like shit that is no difference to what all top players do 24/7." That was just my immediate response.

diaper boy @ USA
    onion god @ AU
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    Well, I can tell you that closed beta is not being used at all. There is a total of 10 of us left. Everyone else has gone to ruins, quit, whatever. Even still, all 10 of us have every set, unlimited gold and rubies, and still none of us over 1 mil PP, because nobody is doing anything but keeping their accounts alive. 

In Slack, GGS has been very quiet for several weeks. Even before that, things were very quiet. 

I would call the closed beta completely unsuccessful. 

I have no idea what is happening on the open beta. I never joined, not worth my time. A properly managed closed beta would have been great, but the CM who managed it left within a few days of starting it. lol. 

Sure, I can message the devs directly, but I don't want to waste their time. They don't issue us new tasks since the gem update soooo. Yeah. We're all just twiddling our thumbs. 

Too bad. It looked really good for like a day or two. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234

Closed beta is dead. Has been for months. The small group of players that were there either already had all of the equipment you're whining about, or will never get it. 

It honestly doesn't give us any advantage. The only advantage I have there to here is that I can upgrade my glory monument to max and see how much that actually costs. Aside from that, nothing. Literally nothing. I have nobody to test stuff on. Nobody to hit. Already have everything maxed. 

Combining equipment is pretty pointless now, but the point when it was still useful. Sure, we could have tested every combination. Again, for the players on the closed beta that this would benefit, they already had all of those commanders, and for the ones it wouldn't, they never were going to. 

The balance of players on closed beta was a bunch of really heavy hitters that spend tons of time and/or money on the game and some really weak players that had no idea what to do with the things they were given, and still don't. 75% of the people that joined closed beta quit it within the first few weeks because of a combination of bad management from GGS and because they appeared to ignore the majority of our feedback. 

Nothing has happened on the closed beta in months. Seriously. We didn't get to even see the khan there. They only had us test the gem update and private RVs. That's it. Most of the people testing were doing unrealistic testing and basically just trying to play it. Like to be the best on test server. lol. Was a total waste of my time. 

Most of the testing appears to happen on the open beta which anyone can access. I won't waste my time on that, personally. It's obviously not working anyway. 

Also, it's not like we didn't have good accounts already. I'm one of the people from the closed beta and I'm level 500+ on 2 servers with 6th wave on both. I have 21 unique comms and 7 unique casts, plus more in storage, on both servers. Multiple firecasts, etc. They gave me a level 800 account and I was unhappy with that. I felt like testing should have been done with a more average account, but I digress. The point I'm trying to make here is just that I didn't get any special advantages from being on closed beta. Maybe I could have and just didn't take advantage. Certainly, some of the newer players learned stuff by playing it, but most of us already had everything they gave us and we just wanted to help make the game better. 

At least, that was my motivation. I am a game developer that administrates my own game, so, I felt like I could contribute. I know a few other people in the beta that just wanted to help, but I can't speak for everybody. I think that Evoke chose people that would have been good fits, but she didn't stick around. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
Sign In to comment.