Home Update Questions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Discussion thread: September update

Comments

• "we will increase the equipment storage from 160 to 320 with the upcoming update!"

Great. 

"Battle Report Improvements"

Cool, I guess. 

"War of the Bloodcrows Reward Changes"

Expected these...

"Battle of Berimond Rewards"

Yawn...

"During our Long term point events you will encounter a new quest, ‘Friend of the true King’. Be loyal to your true King Eric and he will handsomely reward you."

Cool, I guess. Would rather see a 200%, but idk. GGE wants more profit from an individual rather than less profit per individual spread over more people, resulting in more profit. 

I stopped spending because people had an unfair advantage. You removed that, thanks, but you also punished me and demotivated me from even playing. Great job. 

Now... I'll get to this later in the post.

"Additional research levels will be added"

Most endgame players cannot even complete this without completely changing our current builds. You're asking us to build sawmills and stonemasons just so we can upgrade a level or 5 of research. Then we have to destroy it again. This could have been implemented better, but it wasn't. 

"Gem removal will cost Rubies again. New gem removal prices will be available after the update takes place."

Eh, we knew this was coming. The new prices do improve things greatly, but it's still not really worth 5 dollars to remove a level 8 gem. I'd just add a gem over it and let that gem disappear. Especially with.... Oh yeah, getting to that later in the post. 

"Khan's revenge changes"

Thank you for clarifying what has been changed and what was potentially frustrating for players. This has been a great improvement but doesn't really motivate me to spend money on this game again. 

"It is not possible anymore to take advantage of offers that are actually not running anymore. We reworked our offer system to prevent this behavior. From now on you can only combine offers that are really active and not expired."

We'll see. I'll believe it when I see it. I know it's harder now, but last I checked you still could. 

"The ruby loot for robber baron castles in all kingdoms (not including fortresses) and Berimond watchtowers has been reduced by 50%. This decision is based on our thorough analysis and decreasing the outcome is a necessary change, since too much premium currency is pouring into the game. In the past, we introduced too many features where players could grind hard currency for free and we lost control over our own economy - similar to the recent wishing well changes, which were necessary for the game economy as well."

LOL. I mean, sure, it was pretty easy for a maxed out player that has spent thousands of dollars on the game and has maxed out castles to earn a measly few k rubies per day, but the people that haven't done that? What about people that don't have time to loot all day long. Wow. I mean, the wishing well didn't result in enough outrage for you? 

I genuinely believe that GGE is trying to make as many people quit or stop spending as they can. Are you guys just trying to get to the point where you've waited out our chargeback potential? lmao. What a joke. 

I can't believe that you guys genuinely think that "too much" currency is pouring into the game. It seems much more likely that not enough currency is pouring into GGS. If you think this is going to rectify that then you're sorely mistaken. I don't think you do, though. This is an exit strategy. Clearly. It's the most obvious exit strategy I've ever seen. Guess you guys have a lot of hope in Millenium Wars, lol. 

"This change of ruby loot will not be an isolated re-balance, and is part of a broader re-balancing plan which we are currently working on and that players will be able to experience soon. With the re-balancing, we want to provide a fairer and more compelling game experience to all our players. It will include (but not exclusively) topics such as the adjustment of prices in all our ruby vendors and provide a more streamlined progression through the game."

Pfft, believe it when I see it. What? You going to change Cast Iron mants from 16 rubies per piece to 15 rubies? lmao. 

Unless you're cutting tool costs by a minimum of 50%, this won't affect my purchasing. 

It's great too. I've saved thousands of dollars this year. Thank you GGS. Thanks to you I've bought a new computer chair, new couches, engagement ring, wedding rings, a year supply of meat, a couple thousands dollars worth of clothes, new headset for my Xbox 1, Kinect, a dozen games, and took my family on US trips twice. You've reminded me how much better off I am on spending my money on other things. Keep it up!

"As a company, we're behaving similarly to a country"

Yeah, Argentina. 

"which also needs to gain control over its own economy and currency flow."

But can't. 

"Changing the outcome is not being done in order to demotivate players"

But does, which is why you wrote that. 

"it's necessary in order to gain control over the economy again"

lol

"and not damage the game in the long run"

A few years too late. 

"Our goal is a healthier in-game economy that creates a fairer game experience for all our players, and this measure brings us a step closer to achieving this"

I don't believe you. I think your goal is to reduce the potential for customers to chargeback when you inevitably say that the game is being closed due to a lack of players. The same lack of players that is being created by your migration from an F2P game to a P2P game. 

"We will continue to actively monitor data surrounding this feature change, and we may readjust the feature once the currency flow is under control."

It'll be too late by then. For me, anyway. I've always thought I'd never quit this game, but idk, if this update ever even gets implemented. It's definitely sending me in that direction. I guess we'll see what Octobers update has to offer take away.

"The cooldown duration for the skill reset costs in the Hall of Legends has been increased from 7 to 15 days. Since our last changes (from 30 down to 7 days) in one of our previous updates, we continuously analysed our data, resulting in increasing the time a bit again."

I guess this was inevitable. It was always too quick of a cooldown and resulted in making it much easier for me to switch back and forth. Especially considering how much it cost in rubies if you didn't want to wait. Now, with all of the changes to rubies, it's already something I'm less likely to spend rubies on, and now you increase the time. lol. I wonder how long until you raise the price too. 

"The new nomad castellan Armor of the Eastern Raiders and the new samurai commander Armor of Kiruga Yoshiro will finally make their debut in the game! "

You say that now, but you can't even get the update now. Guess that should be taken with a grain of salt. 

"Technical stuff/bugfixes" 

Yay.

Not sure why you need to wait for major content updates to do minor bugfixes, but whatever. 

Now we're eating into the last days of Lotus and losing out on event time because the update is, yet again, delayed. 

Honestly, as anyone can tell you. I may be highly critical, but I've always been in GGS' corner. I've always been supportive and arguably, a cheerleader. I'm losing confidence in GGS. I think that it's fair to say that if I'm losing confidence, most of your other players already have lost confidence. 

GGE has always been the type of game that I've been embarrassed to show my friends. It's always been something I've been embarrassed to admit I spend money on outside of forums and the GGE community. Now I don't even know how to describe how it makes me feel. I've wasted too much money on this game, too much time. I enjoy the friendships I've made here. I enjoyed the game, at some point, but not now. Now it's a job. An endless grind to even keep troops fed. Having to prepare staggered food trips to be able to even take the family out. It's insanity. Maybe that's how it makes me feel. Downright insane. 
    So stop spending hours writing complaints like this and quit playing 'the endless grind that is now a job'. 

• DK Banana (GB1)DK Banana (GB1) GB1 Posts: 84
    It is now 14.32 CEST and nothing - too many bugs and not enough testing, as usual?
    Some things are easily made automatic, like nobility. Yet it would seem that someone actually sets the daily parameters.
    Nothing wrong with enabling humans setting stuff, but at least have the system able to do it on its own so we have a game to play every day.
    The economy.
    The decription of GGE as a country andneeding to rebalance the economy is well wide of the mark.  It is in fact a commercial operation (shock horror). The way GGE runs this makes it look more and more like a oviet style shop - generally shut, occasional things to buy, often not what you need at that time. Few have a babushka to stand in line for 3 days in case something we actually want turns up on the shelves.
    The quality of the player surveys illustrates that GGE do not understand how to run a game (sadly, few game companies do). There are just general 'satisfaction carpology' questions.
    The key is graded challenge, so that there are puzzles to solve (yes, a 'tough' Khan attack, which are simple to stop). But this means making changes to the game dynamic.
    RB incoming needs to be more serious from early on, if the RBs get through you are protected form attacks (but can do NPCs) for a couple of days, to give time to repair, review and learn.
    Certainly at the higher levels the game dynamic needs rethinking and perhaps this should occur at all levels.
    It might be useful to add further steps to an attack/defense.
    A ranged attack on a defended wall is currently the most efficient and ranged defenders on a wall useless.
    How about:
    (1) adding another parameter to ranged defenders: precision.  This would mean that mantlets would not offer 100% protection.
    (2) Separating hitting the guys on the wall and clearing the wall, which would need melee - ranged would in fact be pretty useless in short range fighting.
    (3) In the courtyard,  ranged on the conquered wall might do some damage, but there has to be a hand-to-hand on the ground and for that melee should win 110% of the time, ranged likely to cause a lot of friendly fire casulaties. 

At the moment it is hard to get into a properly defended castle. If it stays that way then the decent offers of horrors need to be on permanently, but with a limit on the number of purchases, to make things even. Those who want to defend can, those who want to attack have the means to - losing the entire attack army does not impair the rest of one's game.

A problem with PvP is cooldown. This is only for the attacker. It could be general, to give the attacked castle time to rebuild defences. Cooldown could easily be linked to damage sustained, with a much greater effect of fires  (so massive in burning castle and 25-50% of that in other castles in realm)  on food (but not stone/wood) production so that people cannot hide behind fires and attack others. This will put a bonus on defending.

Then bring on the Alliance Glory competition every 2-4 weeks in the place of one of the crow/foreign clastle events, with boosted (3-4x) player glory for PvP, since tooling up means no flags.

At that point we may have a game on our hands.

• I just have to chime in… First, thank you Angus for being an unpaid moderator and being the front guy for GGE.  It is tough and we shouldn’t hammer you.  I am sure you are more frustrated than us.

Not testing these updates frustrates me to no end.  Not getting replies from technical assistance is inexcusable.  After many weeks I get the “we are so busy, did your problem go away by itself?”  And then nothing.

Glory dissipates so fast now and it affects the troop building.  PVP is not a good answer.  It’s condescending as we aren’t stupid.

Players schedule and prepare around the events/ updates schedules.  We rightfully expect GGE to be accountable.  Ruby buyers or not, it affects us all. 

The obvious thinning of alliances is a direct result of this nonsense.  They want to run like a country?  Yes they are like little wanna be globalists. Corporate greed and biting the hand that feeds them.  I am insulted with that nonsense.  It is a sad, mad world.  Times like these wake us up to the time demands of this game.

• Phenom (IN1)Phenom (IN1) IN1 Posts: 101
    So the update HAS been moved again. 

I hope GGE is thinking of a compensation that actually makes some sense!
  • I thought they made a test server, to try all of the screwiness out on first, I guess they crashed that too, seems like the IT department is a gang of mental midgets, and the Moderators must be Car salesmen, that changed careers, because they seem to be bull-sh*t artist
  • kookiekooks (US1)kookiekooks (US1) US1 Posts: 254
    The moderators can not merely pass on what they told.  Sometimes they are told the truth, but more often I would expect the truth is hidden from them with the flowery language we see hear.  Who ever is responsible for the half truths and what not.  You have a great future as speech writer for a politician.  Do not waste your talents here.
    kookiekooks @ usa 1
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234
    I thought they made a test server, to try all of the screwiness out on first, I guess they crashed that too, seems like the IT department is a gang of mental midgets, and the Moderators must be Car salesmen, that changed careers, because they seem to be bull-sh*t artist
    Closed beta is alive and well, but we haven't seen a change in several months now. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 
  • The work day for GGE employees is getting very short.  Wonder how long it is going to take for this update to actually happen?  
  • jaxsta999 (GB1)jaxsta999 (GB1) Posts: 48
    edited 06.09.2017

GGE has always been the type of game that I've been embarrassed to show my friends. It's always been something I've been embarrassed to admit I spend money on outside of forums and the GGE community. Now I don't even know how to describe how it makes me feel. I've wasted too much money on this game, too much time. I enjoy the friendships I've made here. I enjoyed the game, at some point, but not now. Now it's a job. An endless grind to even keep troops fed. Having to prepare staggered food trips to be able to even take the family out. It's insanity. Maybe that's how it makes me feel. Downright insane. 
    So stop spending hours writing complaints like this and quit playing 'the endless grind that is now a job'. 

If you think it takes hours to write a post then you should take a typing class. 
    @Perryl (AU1)

Same old insults. Insult GGE, insult another player. Quit the game if it is taking FAMILY time from you!
  • once again, the moderators on the german forum make the announcement that the update will not happen today, while no statement is made on the US forum.  smh
  • Perryl (AU1)Perryl (AU1) Posts: 1,234

If you think it takes hours to write a post then you should take a typing class. 
    @Perryl (AU1)

Same old insults. Insult GGE, insult another player. I've seen you write essays complaining in (Valks) and out of game. Quit the game if it is taking FAMILY time from you! Sort your priorities out and cease your incessant moaning. GGE did not make you sign a contact, you are the player, you make the choice. Ang has better things to do than tell you to turn your early 'feed troops' alarm off at night. 
    It's not meant to be an insult. It's simply a fact. Unless you were exaggerating. 

I've never written an essay in Valks. I simply copy/pasted Ang's comment about ruby looting changes. That's a complaint now? I barely play GB right now. I guess I may have written one a few months ago when I took a few months away from all servers, and maybe complained a little bit there, but that's about the extent of it. 

To manage your account takes a significant amount of time. Especially with food usage. Something I can't imagine you disagree with.

I don't need to "cease my incessant moaning" just because you moan about it. Forums are here to share your thoughts, provide your perspective. Nobody forced you to read my comment. I did not force you to sign a contract. You are the reader, you made the choice. 

If you're in Valks then you already know I prioritize my life over the game. 

I made my choices and I am well-aware of that, but that doesn't change anything I said. Any time you spend on the game is certainly taking time away from other things. If you have a family, then it is taking time away from family. The value of that time is what matters. As the game continues to shift the goalpost you will find that players will find that their time is better spent elsewhere. So, yes. I could spend more time with family, or spend more time cleaning, or work harder, or spend more time on crypto, or spend more time anywhere else. It starts to easily be more rewarding to spend your time elsewhere. Sometimes, elsewhere might even be different games. 

GGE is a business. They want my money. They want your money. If it's up to them then I would spend 24/7 talking about GGE, bringing in new players, spend every cent on GGE, etc. 

Maybe you need to sort your priorities out. Do you think arguing with someone who "incessantly moans" is worth your time? The time you could be spending looting, or with family, or eating a sandwich? To each their own. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

• It's not meant to be an insult. It's simply a fact. Unless you were exaggerating. 

I've never written an essay in Valks. I simply copy/pasted Ang's comment about ruby looting changes. That's a complaint now? I barely play GB right now. I guess I may have written one a few months ago when I took a few months away from all servers, and maybe complained a little bit there, but that's about the extent of it. 

To manage your account takes a significant amount of time. Especially with food usage. Something I can't imagine you disagree with.

I don't need to "cease my incessant moaning" just because you moan about it. Forums are here to share your thoughts, provide your perspective. Nobody forced you to read my comment. I did not force you to sign a contract. You are the reader, you made the choice. 

If you're in Valks then you already know I prioritize my life over the game. 

I made my choices and I am well-aware of that, but that doesn't change anything I said. Any time you spend on the game is certainly taking time away from other things. If you have a family, then it is taking time away from family. The value of that time is what matters. As the game continues to shift the goalpost you will find that players will find that their time is better spent elsewhere. So, yes. I could spend more time with family, or spend more time cleaning, or work harder, or spend more time on crypto, or spend more time anywhere else. It starts to easily be more rewarding to spend your time elsewhere. Sometimes, elsewhere might even be different games. 

GGE is a business. They want my money. They want your money. If it's up to them then I would spend 24/7 talking about GGE, bringing in new players, spend every cent on GGE, etc. 

Maybe you need to sort your priorities out. Do you think arguing with someone who "incessantly moans" is worth your time? The time you could be spending looting, or with family, or eating a sandwich? To each their own. 
    @Perryl (AU1)
     Just trying to help you mate. If a wee pixel game ("one as desperately bad as GGE") is taking your family time and sleep, you've got something mixed up. 

All the best. 
  • Killing off troops now, Thanks GGE, you could screw up a 2 car funeral 
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 361
    @BM ang1243
    @BM Neroxnex

I am wondering if GG plans to extend the lotus event to make up for the days lost to these delays. Some of us plan our time and struggle to finish the event once each month. Take away a few days and this makes getting the last piece of equipment,  and the hero, almost impossible. If GG are unable to extend the event, perhaps they could send us all a gift with a 18 hour season points doubler. This would seem only fair since they have taken almost twice that time out of the event stopping our chance to accumulate points due to their botched update.

Notice I am not complaining about food for my humungous army. I am quite able to feed them by looting the towers in all kingdoms and moving the troops around or transporting food between my various castles
    Notice I am not complaining about having built a humungous army in anticipation of the Crows, which are now delayed. I am perfectly ready, willing and able to release the pixels to the aether if I have difficulty with the aforementioned looting.

But I have worked hard over the last 3 weeks to collect as much of the Kala castellan reward for this lotus event, and I would absolutely hate to miss out on the last couple of pieces and the hero due to this problem.

Regards,
    Debbie

eibbed62 @ au 1
  • GGE you are giving players on german server food, at least that you said on their forum. what about other servers? give us damn food if you are too incompetent to give us some event or to pull off update that you are delaying over and over again
  • k1027 (NL1)k1027 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 50
    Das Update verschiebt sich etwas nach hinten, wird aber heute noch stattfinden.Sobald es neue Informationen gibt, geben wir Bescheid.Support | Community Richtlinien | AGB | Suche | Team | Private Nachricht MarcmindMarcmind Beiträge: 5,729 15:14Das Update wird heute nicht mehr stattfinden, wird auf morgen verschoben. Weitere Infos über den Grund folgen später.

The update don't take place today, but tomorrow.  More informations later..... (quick translate of the german forum)
    k1027 @ nl 1
  • So, my soldiers will die for not being Bloodcrows... Thank you :) I wonder, will this gonna be always? Is this the end of GGE? ... R.I.P. ... Well so when Bloodcrows will start? 

p.s. Next time, when there won't be any event, please make sure to give FOOD FOOD FOOD, becouse I don't want that my month work (my soldiers) would just fly away...
Sign In to comment.