Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Nomad medals reduced drastically, boosters still don't work

13»

Comments

• The1_Mark (US1)The1_Mark (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    I was just having the same issue.  Placing the medal boosters in my CY... zero results.  

annoyed
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    Yes, boosters still don't  work. Same khan medals with or without booster against same attack. But should be 300% more. So no guessing this is because commander or side attacks. 

But god side is, I got nice generated answer on my ticket from last nomads months ago. I reported this error again now and will patiently wait next few months to get proper personal answer - or another auto message again?
    booster work it is just not being shown but you get more medals than it says in the battle report
    That doesn't mean the booster is working. It just means there's a display bug in the reports.

Using boosters, not using boosters, my alliance members are pulling the same amount of medals.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
    edited 16.08.2017
    Yes, boosters still don't  work. Same khan medals with or without booster against same attack. But should be 300% more. So no guessing this is because commander or side attacks. 

But god side is, I got nice generated answer on my ticket from last nomads months ago. I reported this error again now and will patiently wait next few months to get proper personal answer - or another auto message again?
    booster work it is just not being shown but you get more medals than it says in the battle report
    I just tested again. I used 4 firemoats and 3 chests, so that should be +100% medals, but I actually got less medals than when I didn't use any. Both attacks were 2610+ troops.

So, no, the boosters do absolutely nothing except cost you rubies.

Without:  1100 medals

With: 700 medals

Worthless boosters, I'd like my rubies back.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Yes, boosters still don't  work. Same khan medals with or without booster against same attack. But should be 300% more. So no guessing this is because commander or side attacks. 

I just tested again. I used 4 firemoats and 3 chests, so that should be +100% medals, but I actually got less medals than when I didn't use any. Both attacks were 2610+ troops.

what were the troops, tools, and commander bonuses of the two attaccks?

They were roughly the same, though I don't remember exact details. Anyways. people are reporting the same findings as me in my alliance.

I don't believe the boosters work. If I'm mistaken, then the randomness of how medals are decided destroys the meaning of buying boosters at all. To fix these issues, GGE should a) fix the display bug, b) display properly how many medals we are getting and tell us, the player base, how they derive this number and c) denote how many of these came from boosts, if any.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Herveus (AU1)Herveus (AU1) AU1 Posts: 11,066

They were roughly the same, though I don't remember exact details. Anyways. people are reporting the same findings as me in my alliance.

I don't believe the boosters work. If I'm mistaken, then the randomness of how medals are decided destroys the meaning of buying boosters at all. To fix these issues, GGE should a) fix the display bug, b) display properly how many medals we are getting and tell us, the player base, how they derive this number and c) denote how many of these came from boosts, if any.
    Some hits are critical, which is random , and those can give a lot more as base value maybe one of them was critical and the other one was not

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • Yes, boosters still don't  work. Same khan medals with or without booster against same attack. But should be 300% more. So no guessing this is because commander or side attacks. 

I completely agree. I tested out the boosters and they aren't working as described. We'll see if GGS responds to the bug report I sent them, not holding breath, but they usually have responded promptly to me.

Some hits are critical, which is random , and those can give a lot more as base value maybe one of them was critical and the other one was not
    Well how and why would be nice information to have . . . and the fact that "some hits are critical."

Really, selling boosters that affect a random number generator isn't the wisest choice GGE devs could make. So that's why they made it.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 17.08.2017
    The amount of medals gained may be deceiving as someone else pointed out earlier. You might actually be getting more medals than what you appear to be getting after a successful defense from taunting and you might also be getting more medals than what you appear to be getting from using tools for boosting medals as well. Do those tools still reduce the medals gained? They might, but one can only hope that Goodgame Studios will be able to detect this problem and fix it. Otherwise those tools may be stuck in being useless for the time being.
    David Noble @ usa 1
    The amount of medals gained may be deceiving as someone else pointed out earlier. You might actually be getting more medals than what you appear to be getting after a successful defense from taunting and you might also be getting more medals than what you appear to be getting from using tools for boosting medals as well. Do those tools still reduce the medals gained? They might, but one can only hope that Goodgame Studios will be able to detect this problem and fix it. Otherwise those tools may be stuck in being useless for the time being.
    Yeah. We all know there's a display bug in how many medals we get. That doesn't factor into whether we believe the boosters are working. All of us here are counting the medals we receive not by the BRs but by what appears in our nomad medal purchase tent.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
    So it's been confirmed, the medals were not working. I personally would like to be refunded my rubies for buying these broken products. Here's the bit in the release notes:

"Defense tools

The Khan camp defense tools were not applied as intended due to a miscalculation and this wrong behaviour will now be fixed. You should now be able to see the impact of using defense tools on your medals.
    In addition, due to the above mentioned medal reward calculation changes, the bonus applied by tools will be lower than initially planned."

Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • still don't get it. with or without boosters I get same points, 

Just make defence without booster and got around 300 points (in report it is writte 57 only). With booster, same. So, I just spent rubies for NOTHING. Of course I wrote to support twice, but no answer just generated response. 

I was screwed for third event , foolishly believing booster count and you can see this in medal screen. Just spending rubies for nothing, again. 
    Bubik @ WWW 1
  • So it's been confirmed, the medals were not working. I personally would like to be refunded my rubies for buying these broken products. Here's the bit in the release notes:

"Defense tools

The Khan camp defense tools were not applied as intended due to a miscalculation and this wrong behaviour will now be fixed. You should now be able to see the impact of using defense tools on your medals.
    In addition, due to the above mentioned medal reward calculation changes, the bonus applied by tools will be lower than initially planned."

This might still need to be fixed. I do not think they have fixed this yet.
    David Noble @ usa 1

Well how and why would be nice information to have . . . and the fact that "some hits are critical."

Really, selling boosters that affect a random number generator isn't the wisest choice GGE devs could make. So that's why they made it.
    How? Random.Why?Random.
    The chance for % hits per khan camp level was posted in the announcement as well it is really low like 0.25% in the beginning but like 20% at level 100

You need or want help to become a better player shoot me a message in the forums or here I'll gladly help you out for free

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now
  • eibbed62 (AU1)eibbed62 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 407

@BM Neroxnex
    @BM ang1243

I would like to know how come the Khan Attacks have 5 waves? I thought the 5 waves was a legendary effect for a HOL over level 120 or so. Not sure how they've carried that through. I notice my legendary defensive effects don't seem to be applied to the attacks. so why does the Khan get legendary effects.

Regards,
    Debbie
    eibbed62 @ au 1

@BM Neroxnex
    @BM ang1243

I would like to know how come the Khan Attacks have 5 waves? I thought the 5 waves was a legendary effect for a HOL over level 120 or so. Not sure how they've carried that through. I notice my legendary defensive effects don't seem to be applied to the attacks. so why does the Khan get legendary effects.

Regards,
    Debbie
    To make the event not easy peasy

In h
    ibernation nov2019-now

How? Random.Why?Random.
    The chance for % hits per khan camp level was posted in the announcement as well it is really low like 0.25% in the beginning but like 20% at level 100
    You are the one who first wrote "Some hits are critical, which is random..." So really, direct this question to yourself.

And, giving them a percentage to occur does not, in fact, make them not random. It just tells you what the chances of a crit occurring on any given attack is.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file