Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GGEs Existence

124»

Comments

• hge (US1) said:
    @Acrone (US1)

First one, if they said no glory hits in the desc then you're crossing a 'red line' they have made.
    Second one, That's funny. I wonder if history will repeat itself.  Player bookmarked for future servicing. (Preferably during a FI or BC and at 3 AM with horrors, ruby tools, and FI comm...)
    @hge (US1)

So you too can read, cool.

I see no red line, then again I am blind according to my friends and family.

I don't get why alliances think they have the right to tell people to not hit them, who are you to say who I can and can't hit, if you want to obey some alliance that you're not apart of then go ahead.

You also missed my point, they can support their players, they have good defense tools, they can set up their defenses, and they have good castellans, I don't see any reason for them to say "WE DO NOT ACCEPT GLORY HITS, YOU HIT US WE HIT BACK!!!!!" If they're willing to retaliate then it sounds like to me they're just hiding. 

This is a war game, how can one say, I play a war game but I don't like being hit.

~ Acrone

Acrone (US1)
    Proud Member of Nation Forces

I lost but I came really close but i'll take that glory
    Currently my best Foreign Lord hit, looking forward to better ones

Nation Forces Is Now Recruiting

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/us/discussion/326368/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (US1 Forums)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/326398/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (UK Forums)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The posts I make are my own opinions and it does not reflect on what my alliance believes.

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    I think we also forget that some people just ruin PvP itself.

I hit two guys last night because why not right?

I wanted some action, had no intentions of winning, and troops were eating so I needed to shave a few off. 

Exhibit A: The Tenac1ous

Hit them at late night, they had pretty good support if you ask me, I don't know why a alliance like them say they aren't accepting glory hits. 

Good defense set up, good support, good castellan too!

Then I got this in the morning

So, 1 Attack = War. 

Im trembling guys, someone grab me a chair and water, im gonna faint.

1 Vs 1 sure but you got family behind you, without them what are you, take care of yourself and don't always rely on others.

Exhibit B: Phantom Brigade

Hit this guy around the same time of the first one.

He got support some support.

Then I got this in the morning too

It's not their first time crying to me that I hit them during FLs/BCs.

Ok, someone help me out with this, you have players that are on 24/7 but almost get 2k support, okaye. 

He actually had good ruby tools, was 2 murder holes, 1 nail, 1 slit, and fire moat, it was either him or the other guy that had this, but either way, they both had ruby tools on the walls, I could be wrong but I lost a considerable amount on the flank.

This is what events has done to players, they don't expect hits, this is a war game, what do you expect. 

Thanks for reading and hope you guys have a good day!

~ Acrone

hge (US1) said:
    @Acrone (US1)

First one, if they said no glory hits in the desc then you're crossing a 'red line' they have made.
    Second one, That's funny. I wonder if history will repeat itself.  Player bookmarked for future servicing. (Preferably during a FI or BC and at 3 AM with horrors, ruby tools, and FI comm...)
    I could care less if they say Not accepting Glory hits, this is a war game. It's funny how I hit the leader a month ago and yes I did lose but I believe I wiped a decent amount. But he didn't message me at all. I like it how he threatens war after one hit on @Acrone (US1)  but didn't say crack to me. He could have at least hit me back.

@hge (US1) , What line did he cross? This is a war game, if you can take and make hits, either win or lose then don't go around and cry. People don't care if you say your under construction or a training sub either. A hit is a hit. I'm sorry but it just how it is.

If Mr Grumpy was a real man, they would just war 1v1 and let Dream Legion and LOF out of it. Alliance to Alliance, no help from anyone, no help from friends either. Even if NF or Tenac1ous loses, really doesn't matter. At least they warred and had some fun.

You better back up what you say, bring on the fire power if you threaten war. But don't start bringing either allies or friends into this and this goes for both sides. I actually know NF and they are good people.

Anyways, good luck to both sides if war goes down. 

NGP

I agree with you 100%. But in that case, if they say they don't accept glory hits, then it's like attacking an OP when they say they don't take OP hits.  They set forth what their rules are in their desc. If someone crosses those rules, then they have every right to go ahead and go to war, as the attacker knew what they were getting into.  However, in this case, I think it is simply a case of no balls from the guy being hit. This reply answers both of your questions I think. @Notagoodplaya (US1)  @Acrone (US1)
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• The biggest problem with pvp are both boulders and also fire moats not being easy to get which are practical for pvp. If you do not have a strong cast and/or fire moats the player might open gates or use fire cast if the attacker is too strong and if you do not have boulders then what is the point of only using mantlets, rams, and ladders, but no boulders which are a must have for engaging in pvp against strong players now a days? You also have to factor in arrow slits and the best gate tools as well. Again you may need to spend a lot of rubies to get those too if you want to have a significant number of them which are now also needed for Kahn's Revenge as well along with the fire moats also melee wall tools. One could also argue that maybe Goodgame Studios should have never included fire cast, damage to buildings bonuses, and open gates in the first place to make the game more competitive in pvp as well. The only exceptions to this would be the firestation, research tower, and Hall of Legends for reduced building damage and increased building damage only coming from the Hall of Legends as well.
    true mate, also against player rules in uk server, but u know top alliances..http://prntscr.com/gabk3i.
    Hey what are you doing spying my outpost!! 
    playing the game...
       "lol"

• Blitzkrieg (GB1)Blitzkrieg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 203
    edited 21.08.2017
    CopyClop (GB1) said:
    playing the game...

• CopyClop (GB1)CopyClop (GB1) Posts: 62
    edited 21.08.2017
    Post edited by CopyClop (GB1) on
       "lol"

• Charon (GB1)Charon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 48
    CopyClop (GB1) said:
    playing the game...

oooo really embarrasing.
    Look here kid, ill say this once an only. 
    If you think that you are some kind of god in this game, stop attacking me at my sands castle where am trying to improve and come for either my green or ice castle. Once you win there you can boast all about it.
    Or just big up and have a 1 on 1.
    Also why are you cheating to win, i thought you where a sick player.
    @CopyClop (GB1)
    When you accuse one team member of cheating and password sharing (I quote you, will screenshot if required), you are accusing our entire team of it. Please refrain from throwing these insults around the forum. It is common knowledge that Gondor do not pw share. 

If you still have an issue with Blitz, go and resolve this, but privately. There is no need for taunts and insults. He is playing the game fairly, as are you, and he is awaiting your retaliation hit, as am I. 

• CopyClop (GB1)CopyClop (GB1) Posts: 62
    edited 21.08.2017
       "lol"

• Charon (GB1)Charon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 48
    edited 21.08.2017
    @CopyClop (GB1)
    You have sent me a screenshot of Blitz's firecast. I will not waste my time asking you why or how you believe this to be cheating - it is not. 
    I am in Odins temporarily - I'd be very careful, accusing another team of cheating will do you no good. I would advise removing your comment. 

I look forward to seeing the fair battles between you and Blitz in the near future. 

Good luck 
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 22.08.2017
    The biggest problem with pvp are both boulders and also fire moats not being easy to get which are practical for pvp. If you do not have a strong cast and/or fire moats the player might open gates or use fire cast if the attacker is too strong and if you do not have boulders then what is the point of only using mantlets, rams, and ladders, but no boulders which are a must have for engaging in pvp against strong players now a days? You also have to factor in arrow slits and the best gate tools as well. Again you may need to spend a lot of rubies to get those too if you want to have a significant number of them which are now also needed for Kahn's Revenge as well along with the fire moats also melee wall tools. One could also argue that maybe Goodgame Studios should have never included fire cast, damage to buildings bonuses, and open gates in the first place to make the game more competitive in pvp as well. The only exceptions to this would be the firestation, research tower, and Hall of Legends for reduced building damage and increased building damage only coming from the Hall of Legends as well.
    true mate, also against player rules in uk server, but u know top alliances..http://prntscr.com/gabk3i.
    @CopyClop (GB1) That is a decent fire cast and yes the top alliances may like to use this sometimes of reduced fire damage and/or reduced looting bonuses, but it is just an excuse for wanting to avoid fighting a real defensive battle. Being at war may be an exception to this for at least some people who commonly attack other players castles and/or outposts they are war with, but it can be very annoying when attacking other players who may sometimes open gates or use fire cast when not at war. While I do admit that I have a fire cast because it is available for anyone to have it I hardly ever need to use it in part because of I am part of a strong alliance who is at peace for the most part and I also rarely get attacked by other players, but the weaker players and alliances though or alliances at war may more often use fire casts which that can be annoying for at least some people. Fire cast can burn tools and reduce looting as well which could also make it even more pointless to attack outposts or castles because of the reduced looting bonuses, unless if there are a lot of attackers in the outpost or castle as well while while for opening gates you have no losses, no glory, and possibly very little loot gained as well. The only pro to attacking another player's castle or outpost that has any real value at all if the gates are opened is the possibility of gaining more honor. If anything the opening of gates and fire casts can actually discourage pvp instead of encouraging more pvp.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • I still like the game and enjoy playing it,Regardless of the same features.The new events keep popping up and they make me play even longer.
    Honestly,It's the only Online Multiplayer Game I play.

As for Existence,As long as GGE earns money through empire,It ain't gonna be closin'.Ruby Players and even Non-Ruby Players contribute to this.

GGE can last  a lot longer,in my opinion

-HassanAziz-

• hge (US1) said:

I wanted some action, had no intentions of winning, and troops were eating so I needed to shave a few off. 

Hit them at late night, they had pretty good support if you ask me, I don't know why a alliance like them say they aren't accepting glory hits. 

So, 1 Attack = War. 

1 Vs 1 sure but you got family behind you, without them what are you, take care of yourself and don't always rely on others.

Ok, someone help me out with this, you have players that are on 24/7 but almost get 2k support, okaye. 

He actually had good ruby tools, was 2 murder holes, 1 nail, 1 slit, and fire moat, it was either him or the other guy that had this, but either way, they both had ruby tools on the walls, I could be wrong but I lost a considerable amount on the flank.

This is what events has done to players, they don't expect hits, this is a war game, what do you expect. 

~ Acrone

hge (US1) said:
    @Acrone (US1)

I could care less if they say Not accepting Glory hits, this is a war game. It's funny how I hit the leader a month ago and yes I did lose but I believe I wiped a decent amount. But he didn't message me at all. I like it how he threatens war after one hit on @Acrone (US1)  but didn't say crack to me. He could have at least hit me back.

@hge (US1) , What line did he cross? This is a war game, if you can take and make hits, either win or lose then don't go around and cry. People don't care if you say your under construction or a training sub either. A hit is a hit. I'm sorry but it just how it is.

If Mr Grumpy was a real man, they would just war 1v1 and let Dream Legion and LOF out of it. Alliance to Alliance, no help from anyone, no help from friends either. Even if NF or Tenac1ous loses, really doesn't matter. At least they warred and had some fun.

You better back up what you say, bring on the fire power if you threaten war. But don't start bringing either allies or friends into this and this goes for both sides. I actually know NF and they are good people.

NGP

I agree with you 100%. But in that case, if they say they don't accept glory hits, then it's like attacking an OP when they say they don't take OP hits.  They set forth what their rules are in their desc. If someone crosses those rules, then they have every right to go ahead and go to war, as the attacker knew what they were getting into.  However, in this case, I think it is simply a case of no balls from the guy being hit. This reply answers both of your questions I think. @Notagoodplaya (US1)  @Acrone (US1)
    If you agree with what I said about No Glory hits then it won't matter what the "case" is. May it be No OP Hits, Not accepting Glory, Peaceful Alliance, Rebuilding, Training sub/alliance, list goes on champ. 

I know what i'm getting myself into, no matter where I hit main, OP, our outters. They are all the same. 

I give what I get

NGP

USA1
    Former Leader of TheMusketeers
    Former Member of TNP Gathering

Proud Member of SwampGators

"The playa who really lives up to his name" 

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    hge (US1) said:

So, 1 Attack = War. 

~ Acrone

hge (US1) said:
    @Acrone (US1)

NGP

If you agree with what I said about No Glory hits then it won't matter what the "case" is. May it be No OP Hits, Not accepting Glory, Peaceful Alliance, Rebuilding, Training sub/alliance, list goes on champ. 

I know what i'm getting myself into, no matter where I hit main, OP, our outters. They are all the same. 

I give what I get

NGP
    Nice attack on my burning outter that had 500 troops in it ^_^
    Oh well.  It's a war game :)
    Anyway, my point was that you shouldn't be surprised when some alliance goes batshit on you for breaking one of their 'rules'. 
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• hge (US1) said:
    hge (US1) said:

So, 1 Attack = War. 

~ Acrone

hge (US1) said:
    @Acrone (US1)

NGP

I give what I get

NGP
    Nice attack on my burning outter that had 500 troops in it ^_^
    Oh well.  It's a war game :)
    Anyway, my point was that you shouldn't be surprised when some alliance goes batshit on you for breaking one of their 'rules'. 
    "Their Rules"?

Cool that they made some rules but I don't have to follow it. 

NGP

USA1
    Former Leader of TheMusketeers
    Former Member of TNP Gathering

Proud Member of SwampGators

"The playa who really lives up to his name" 

• Closed derailing thread
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
This discussion has been closed.