Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

GGEs Existence

Comments

• *SNIP*
    There is 2 kind of problems. Boulders sure are too expensive and second, fixing fires is also too expensive. Get 50% off, say like 5k rubies or even less. And drop also boulders price. Now full tooled attack cost over 20k rubies. And dont even bother send under tooled attack against good players. Not going to work. And also unused tools should return even on loss. There is always someone on your army who chickens out and can get those back ;)

At least they give us lime bombs, when grinding hard nomads... why not boulders too?
    Boulders are really expensive, but they make the player use their head and attack properly.

If u are saying fires are a problem, no offence but u are lazy. Nomads and sams are there for the resources. you should never use rubies to fix fire. waste of rubies.
       "lol"

• The biggest problem with pvp are both boulders and also fire moats not being easy to get which are practical for pvp. If you do not have a strong cast and/or fire moats the player might open gates or use fire cast if the attacker is too strong and if you do not have boulders then what is the point of only using mantlets, rams, and ladders, but no boulders which are a must have for engaging in pvp against strong players now a days? You also have to factor in arrow slits and the best gate tools as well. Again you may need to spend a lot of rubies to get those too if you want to have a significant number of them which are now also needed for Kahn's Revenge as well along with the fire moats also melee wall tools. One could also argue that maybe Goodgame Studios should have never included fire cast, damage to buildings bonuses, and open gates in the first place to make the game more competitive in pvp as well. The only exceptions to this would be the firestation, research tower, and Hall of Legends for reduced building damage and increased building damage only coming from the Hall of Legends as well.
    true mate, also against player rules in uk server, but u know top alliances..http://prntscr.com/gabk3i.
       "lol"

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986

*SNIP*
    There is 2 kind of problems. Boulders sure are too expensive and second, fixing fires is also too expensive. Get 50% off, say like 5k rubies or even less. And drop also boulders price. Now full tooled attack cost over 20k rubies. And dont even bother send under tooled attack against good players. Not going to work. And also unused tools should return even on loss. There is always someone on your army who chickens out and can get those back ;)

At least they give us lime bombs, when grinding hard nomads... why not boulders too?
    Any used tools should be returned back even after a defeat. Lets say an opponent defended only one flank. It would not be right to lose the unused tools on the other positions also including the unused boulders and also unused mantlets, ladders, and rams as well. Maybe what needs to happen is have one lone attacker return back with the remaining tools along with your commander and/or make boulders at least somewhat easier to get. Fire moats can cost a lot too, but it may cost even more rubies to attack strong players with boulders. And so you have a point. Boulder discounts are nice, but we do not get it often while from the mercenary camp you can only get a few of them at most for lots of gold coins and they are also not always available for gold coins either.
    If all your men are dead, who is going to bring it back, u maybe saying commander will, but com on can one man bring back that many tools back? . Also they should not return the tools, because then players will not take pvp seriously and prob send attack after attack to break player defence.
    If you're making an argument why GGS shouldn't do something based on logic, look no further than Undead troops, wolves that can carry 900 siege towers each, and magical equipment that enhances an army's performance.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• hge (US1) said:

*SNIP*

Any used tools should be returned back even after a defeat. Lets say an opponent defended only one flank. It would not be right to lose the unused tools on the other positions also including the unused boulders and also unused mantlets, ladders, and rams as well. Maybe what needs to happen is have one lone attacker return back with the remaining tools along with your commander and/or make boulders at least somewhat easier to get. Fire moats can cost a lot too, but it may cost even more rubies to attack strong players with boulders. And so you have a point. Boulder discounts are nice, but we do not get it often while from the mercenary camp you can only get a few of them at most for lots of gold coins and they are also not always available for gold coins either.
    If all your men are dead, who is going to bring it back, u maybe saying commander will, but com on can one man bring back that many tools back? . Also they should not return the tools, because then players will not take pvp seriously and prob send attack after attack to break player defence.
    If you're making an argument why GGS shouldn't do something based on logic, look no further than Undead troops, wolves that can carry 900 siege towers each, and magical equipment that enhances an army's performance.
    lol
    but say u attacked me an i won and lost defenders an tools. u got ur tools back then u decide to attack again straight away, not fair on defender.

also its a way for ggs to get revenue.
       "lol"

• John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247

If u are saying fires are a problem, no offence but u are lazy. Nomads and sams are there for the resources. you should never use rubies to fix fire. waste of rubies.
    And I say its waste of time to grind and fix. I have better use for those time skips. Actually I run very often out of them. My time is more valuable than few rubies. I was speaking from casual player view about that fix should cost less. Especially players who cannot grind those resources.

And like I said (joking of course) 1 soldier always chicken and can carry tools back. ;) Sure there is a point also that player can do repeat attacks then if wants. If tools return... But something has to do with this? Maybe there is no good solution, same as AT no have.

Now when I think this, maybe ggs really wants that this is only PvE game, not PvP. This sure will do more revenue?

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?

• If u are saying fires are a problem, no offence but u are lazy. Nomads and sams are there for the resources. you should never use rubies to fix fire. waste of rubies.
    And I say its waste of time to grind and fix. I have better use for those time skips. Actually I run very often out of them. My time is more valuable than few rubies. I was speaking from casual player view about that fix should cost less. Especially players who cannot grind those resources.

And like I said (joking of course) 1 soldier always chicken and can carry tools back. ;) Sure there is a point also that player can do repeat attacks then if wants. If tools return... But something has to do with this? Maybe there is no good solution, same as AT no have.

Now when I think this, maybe ggs really wants that this is only PvE game, not PvP. This sure will do more revenue?
    more revenue from NPC's because players grind hard to get sets for PvP
    grind hard means = revenue in some cases.
       "lol"

• If u are saying fires are a problem, no offence but u are lazy. Nomads and sams are there for the resources. you should never use rubies to fix fire. waste of rubies.

No ones telling you to use your skips, I feel like those who use skips to take out fires are just impatient. I'd rather use my skips on nomad and samurai camps or stationing Troops/Rez from kingdom to kingdom. Im really in no rush to take out fires, unless your coming straight out of war and your running 100% fires then I could see why you would want to use your skips. Nothing wrong with taking them out one by one slowly. If you have spare skips then by all means go for it, I have better things to use it on than fires. That reminds me, I need to take out my fires.

more revenue from NPC's because players grind hard to get sets for PvP
    grind hard means = revenue in some cases.
    I think they would make more people happy and more revenue if they did something about PvP, what's the point if we have all these shiny equipment if we aren't gonna use it for PvP. Not saying no one uses their commanders but it sure feels like alot of our commanders are for display and sometimes we take it around for show and tell.

I just can't see GGE lasting longer than 3 years with all these events here.

~ Acrone

Acrone (US1)
    Proud Member of Nation Forces

I lost but I came really close but i'll take that glory
    Currently my best Foreign Lord hit, looking forward to better ones

Nation Forces Is Now Recruiting

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/us/discussion/326368/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (US1 Forums)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/326398/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (UK Forums)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The posts I make are my own opinions and it does not reflect on what my alliance believes.

• Yeah I agree, it's not very strategic if all you can do is get different a soldiers and line them up. Other than that it's complete luck in battles. I just wish you could see a clip of the battle and it waits a few seconds instead of the battle basically being over before its started. And going back to the luck thing it's complete luck to how much you loot. Whether it's real player or npc you always would loot the same amount. If it's just easier to attack and you get lots of loot then it's not much effort and everyone would go for npc castles because it's easier. Come on Goodgame make it so npc castles are starters and players move on as the level up by making it so one doesn't loot as much from npc castles as much as they do from players. I'm sticking to that even though there is low chance that you are going to read this Goodgame.

thats my opinion, so what does everyone else think

maniac
  • Blitzkrieg (GB1)Blitzkrieg (GB1) GB1 Posts: 203
    The biggest problem with pvp are both boulders and also fire moats not being easy to get which are practical for pvp. If you do not have a strong cast and/or fire moats the player might open gates or use fire cast if the attacker is too strong and if you do not have boulders then what is the point of only using mantlets, rams, and ladders, but no boulders which are a must have for engaging in pvp against strong players now a days? You also have to factor in arrow slits and the best gate tools as well. Again you may need to spend a lot of rubies to get those too if you want to have a significant number of them which are now also needed for Kahn's Revenge as well along with the fire moats also melee wall tools. One could also argue that maybe Goodgame Studios should have never included fire cast, damage to buildings bonuses, and open gates in the first place to make the game more competitive in pvp as well. The only exceptions to this would be the firestation, research tower, and Hall of Legends for reduced building damage and increased building damage only coming from the Hall of Legends as well.
    true mate, also against player rules in uk server, but u know top alliances..http://prntscr.com/gabk3i.
    Hey what are you doing spying my outpost!! 

hge (US1) said:

*SNIP*

lol
    but say u attacked me an i won and lost defenders an tools. u got ur tools back then u decide to attack again straight away, not fair on defender.

also its a way for ggs to get revenue.
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's a stupid idea.  If someone attacks an loses they should lose the tools. Hell, the defender should get them.  I'm just sniping at GGS. Lol.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• John Titor (INT1)John Titor (INT1) INT1 Posts: 247
    hge (US1) said:
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's a stupid idea.  If someone attacks an loses they should lose the tools. Hell, the defender should get them.  I'm just sniping at GGS. Lol.

Lol, new swapping tools scheme. Would be abused from day 1 if this ever happens. So, not coming. Sorry. Same as AT, never coming back. No solution to prevent cheating. (At least not seen any yet)

Trolling and rolling since ....... who knows?
    hge (US1) said:

Lol, new swapping tools scheme. Would be abused from day 1 if this ever happens. So, not coming. Sorry. Same as AT, never coming back. No solution to prevent cheating. (At least not seen any yet)
    Yep.  Tool swapping would be awesome if it wasn't for the frickin' multis.
    HGE

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• I'd love something where you kept the attacker's leftover tools if they hit you and lose, that'd be a pretty big reason to defend
    Friedrich IV US1
    The Prodigal Scrub Returns
  • Katukov (US1)Katukov (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    I'd love something where you kept the attacker's leftover tools if they hit you and lose, that'd be a pretty big reason to defend
    If that were to happen, you'll have less pvp then. I personally wouldn't want to hit some big alliance only to have my tools go to them, lol. 
  • Friedrich IV (US1)Friedrich IV (US1) Posts: 1,505
    edited 20.08.2017
    I'd love something where you kept the attacker's leftover tools if they hit you and lose, that'd be a pretty big reason to defend
    If that were to happen, you'll have less pvp then. I personally wouldn't want to hit some big alliance only to have my tools go to them, lol. 
    The tools are lost either way, and I'm pretty sure GGS isn't going to let someone that lost a battle keep the remaining tools

It'll make it more cost effective for players to retaliate, so you can get some of the tools back ;)

I personally know several players that avoid retaliating solely because it's not worth the tool loss, that may be a niche but there would be some gain, even if small
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Katukov (US1)Katukov (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    The tools are lost either way, and I'm pretty sure GGS isn't going to let someone that lost a battle keep the remaining tools

It'll make it more cost effective for players to retaliate, so you can get some of the tools back ;)

I personally know several players that avoid retaliating solely because it's not worth the tool loss, that may be a niche but there would be some gain, even if small
    So, let's say I hit a player and my attack has 500 tools. I beat the wall in 2 waves and only use 80 tools, but I hit a wall in CY and end up losing. The defender then gets all my tools and profits off my attack... lol? They probably won't even retal back if you're in a top 30ish alliance since your bound to to hit a wall in CY assuming most top 30 alliances can send 20k support. Why hit back if you're already on top? You won the attack and got all their tools, I see no reason to give them the tools back ;)

I certainly don't want to spend 10$ to buy tools and go hit someone in a top 20 alliance only to give them free tools. 

The way I see it, it'll just encourage more "preying" on the weak and drastically reduce PvP amongst top 20 alliances. 

• Acrone (US1)Acrone (US1) Posts: 267
    edited 20.08.2017
    I think we also forget that some people just ruin PvP itself.

I hit two guys last night because why not right?

I wanted some action, had no intentions of winning, and troops were eating so I needed to shave a few off. 

Exhibit A: The Tenac1ous

Hit them at late night, they had pretty good support if you ask me, I don't know why a alliance like them say they aren't accepting glory hits. 

Good defense set up, good support, good castellan too!

Then I got this in the morning

So, 1 Attack = War. 

Im trembling guys, someone grab me a chair and water, im gonna faint.

1 Vs 1 sure but you got family behind you, without them what are you, take care of yourself and don't always rely on others.

Exhibit B: Phantom Brigade

Hit this guy around the same time of the first one.

He got support some support.

Then I got this in the morning too

It's not their first time crying to me that I hit them during FLs/BCs.

Ok, someone help me out with this, you have players that are on 24/7 but almost get 2k support, okaye. 

He actually had good ruby tools, was 2 murder holes, 1 nail, 1 slit, and fire moat, it was either him or the other guy that had this, but either way, they both had ruby tools on the walls, I could be wrong but I lost a considerable amount on the flank.

This is what events has done to players, they don't expect hits, this is a war game, what do you expect. 

Thanks for reading and hope you guys have a good day!

~ Acrone

Acrone (US1)
    Proud Member of Nation Forces

I lost but I came really close but i'll take that glory
    Currently my best Foreign Lord hit, looking forward to better ones

Nation Forces Is Now Recruiting

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/us/discussion/326368/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (US1 Forums)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/326398/nation-forces-now-recruiting#latest (UK Forums)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The posts I make are my own opinions and it does not reflect on what my alliance believes.

@Acrone (US1)

First one, if they said no glory hits in the desc then you're crossing a 'red line' they have made.
    Second one, That's funny. I wonder if history will repeat itself.  Player bookmarked for future servicing. (Preferably during a FI or BC and at 3 AM with horrors, ruby tools, and FI comm...)
    HGE

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• Only respect no glory hits if they're at war and you can verify with who. Otherwise they're just hiding.

Dream Legion subs, as with those of LOF, are known to be not only fairly weak but also whiny. If you keep hitting them they may stop bothering ;)

Most people on this game have entitled opinions, but these opinions also don't apply to them. I find that a lot of the time, the alliances that cry over hits are also the ones to tell weaker alliances to "suck it up"
    Friedrich IV US1
  • Notagoodplaya (US1)Notagoodplaya (US1) Posts: 1,336
    edited 20.08.2017
    I think we also forget that some people just ruin PvP itself.

I hit two guys last night because why not right?

I wanted some action, had no intentions of winning, and troops were eating so I needed to shave a few off. 

Exhibit A: The Tenac1ous

Hit them at late night, they had pretty good support if you ask me, I don't know why a alliance like them say they aren't accepting glory hits. 

Good defense set up, good support, good castellan too!

Then I got this in the morning

So, 1 Attack = War. 

Im trembling guys, someone grab me a chair and water, im gonna faint.

1 Vs 1 sure but you got family behind you, without them what are you, take care of yourself and don't always rely on others.

Exhibit B: Phantom Brigade

Hit this guy around the same time of the first one.

He got support some support.

Then I got this in the morning too

It's not their first time crying to me that I hit them during FLs/BCs.

Ok, someone help me out with this, you have players that are on 24/7 but almost get 2k support, okaye. 

He actually had good ruby tools, was 2 murder holes, 1 nail, 1 slit, and fire moat, it was either him or the other guy that had this, but either way, they both had ruby tools on the walls, I could be wrong but I lost a considerable amount on the flank.

This is what events has done to players, they don't expect hits, this is a war game, what do you expect. 

Thanks for reading and hope you guys have a good day!

~ Acrone

hge (US1) said:
    @Acrone (US1)

First one, if they said no glory hits in the desc then you're crossing a 'red line' they have made.
    Second one, That's funny. I wonder if history will repeat itself.  Player bookmarked for future servicing. (Preferably during a FI or BC and at 3 AM with horrors, ruby tools, and FI comm...)
    I could care less if they say Not accepting Glory hits, this is a war game. It's funny how I hit the leader a month ago and yes I did lose but I believe I wiped a decent amount. But he didn't message me at all. I like it how he threatens war after one hit on @Acrone (US1)  but didn't say crack to me. He could have at least hit me back.

@hge (US1) , What line did he cross? This is a war game, if you can take and make hits, either win or lose then don't go around and cry. People don't care if you say your under construction or a training sub either. A hit is a hit. I'm sorry but it just how it is.

If Mr Grumpy was a real man, they would just war 1v1 and let Dream Legion and LOF out of it. Alliance to Alliance, no help from anyone, no help from friends either. Even if NF or Tenac1ous loses, really doesn't matter. At least they warred and had some fun.

You better back up what you say, bring on the fire power if you threaten war. But don't start bringing either allies or friends into this and this goes for both sides. I actually know NF and they are good people.

Anyways, good luck to both sides if war goes down. 

NGP

USA1
    Former Leader of TheMusketeers
    Former Member of TNP Gathering

Proud Member of SwampGators

"The playa who really lives up to his name" 

This discussion has been closed.