Home English (UK) General Discussion

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Apprentice Coin Maker

2»

Comments

• I'm very surprised I haven't seen any comments on the cost to upgrade the well - my well is at max so what happens to all the RUBIES I spent to upgrade my well!  are they just gone gge - I want a refund on all the rubies it cost to upgrade my well and I want it now - you don't really think you can just suck up that many rubies - its like a retroactive tax and we don't do that in the USA, our government just taxes the piss out of us up front!
    Well there are a couple reasons for this.

1) Over time the amount of pennies that have been available has steadily decreasing, and no one has complained about the well previously.
    2) We have gained bonuses from the well in terms of current ruby levels (assuming you have been using the well 24/7).
    3) GGS has stated that the well will have some new use in the future (unfortunately no news on when or what this will be like), so people are hoping that the new well will be decent.

That being said, I agree, I think there should be some type of compensation, optional compensation, and/or information on the potential new function of the well.
  • Just give me back my rubies for all the well upgrade costs and that'll be fine. The full, actual amount. 
  • Soul4Life2 (NL1)Soul4Life2 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 338

I'M A 70/122 AND I GET BLASTED ALL THE TIME BY 70/250 - 70/800'S ALL THE TIME (ALL LEVEL 50 ALLIANCES).  I'M IN JUST A LEVEL 30 ALLIANCE.  I DON'T HAVE A CHANCE IN THE WORLD TO COUNTER ATTACK ONE OF THESE PLAYERS AND THEY ALL KNOW IT.

I THINK THAT WHEN THESE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS PICK ON A LOW LEVEL 70 THEY SHOULD LOOSE HONOR, I.E., WHEN I WOULD HIT A LEVEL 30 AND THE LIKE...

I'M SURE THAT GGE COULD WORK OUT A SCALE THAT WOULD BE FAIR.

I'M NOT THE ONLY LOWER RANKING LEVEL 70 WITH THE SAME COMPLAINT!

excuse me?? if you're lvl 70 you're lvl 70... you should be able to defend yourself properly. Nowadays everyone who becomes lv 70 is a spoilt brat............. they want to become lvl 70/800 without being hit once ..... when I hit lvl 50 I was a sitting duck for every lvl 70 player on the server.... that's how I've learned to defend myself. And even an attack with 6 waves is defendable if you KNOW how to defend, maybe a little bit more practice instead of whining will help you to get better.... if you rather whine  then you're playing the wrong game and should switch to Farmville.

Putting the blame on your only lvl 30 alliance is crap too...... depending on your alliance is wrong..... LEARN TO DEFEND YOURSELF
    Soul4Life2 @ nl 1
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    edited 06.07.2017
    • I'm very surprised I haven't seen any comments on the cost to upgrade the well - my well is at max so what happens to all the RUBIES I spent to upgrade my well!  are they just gone gge - I want a refund on all the rubies it cost to upgrade my well and I want it now - you don't really think you can just suck up that many rubies - its like a retroactive tax and we don't do that in the USA, our government just taxes the piss out of us up front!
    There have been many comments about this but no response from GGE as of yet. Maybe @Kirilis can tell us. 
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • OxO (AU1)OxO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 962
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

• well for a moment there , I thought well cripe I'm going to bye some rubys.
    then I slapped myself  2 years since I bought anything .
    then I saw the apprentice dude...well I had to slap myself again 
      They actually think that we would trade pennies for a couple wings ?
    this is a ruthless albeit idiotic attempt to get all the pennies out of circulation , it has been from the get-go  as long as players  played smart and used the pennies that were won from events  ala samis etc , with planning and forethought it was easily able to amass 45-50 pennies a month   from long term events  ( finish twice  was about 8 pennies ) then samis and nomads give 3 per event ..though smart management  everything was possible ..
    THIS is what GGES after ..all the smart  thrifty  players who play the game wisely  ...with out buying anything .
    all the talk on unbalanced economy is hogwash. most of us learned to play the game, compete, win events , all without buying .

GGE you finally did , you took the main reason out of the game , the one item everybody competed for , you took away,

what happens when all the pennies are finally gone ?

gge you will just fade away .. and we all will be better for it .
  • Gobygirl3 (US1)Gobygirl3 (US1) Posts: 170
    edited 07.07.2017
    well for a moment there , I thought well cripe I'm going to bye some rubys.
    then I slapped myself  2 years since I bought anything .
    then I saw the apprentice dude...well I had to slap myself again 
      They actually think that we would trade pennies for a couple wings ?
    this is a ruthless albeit idiotic attempt to get all the pennies out of circulation , it has been from the get-go  as long as players played smart and used the pennies that were won from events ala samis etc , with planning and forethought it was easily able to amass 45-50 pennies a month from long term events  (finish twice was about 8 pennies) then samis and nomads give 3 per event ..though smart management  everything was possible ..
    THIS is what GGES after ..all the smart  thrifty  players who play the game wisely  ...with out buying anything .
    all the talk on unbalanced economy is hogwash. most of us learned to play the game, compete, win events , all without buying .

GGE you finally did , you took the main reason out of the game , the one item everybody competed for , you took away,

what happens when all the pennies are finally gone ?

gge you will just fade away .. and we all will be better for it .
    ^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you ryln for saying this better than I could.  The mind-numbing routine and petty tyrants in this game became very boring for me long ago, and I've been joking for over a year that I was only motivated to play by earning pennies. 

Stupid as that sounds, it's actually more true than not.  I can contact my friends in game directly, outside of the game easily.  I can get rubies by playing in other ways or just buy them easily enough, but that is NOT THE POINT. 

The POINT is that GGE keeps squeezing all the relatively minor yet still important little things that make this game unique and worth playing OUT of the game.

The fact that the majority of those 'things' removed hurt the basic, non-ruby buying, not huge, not 8 hours a day type players make GGE's actions even worse.

So now that GGE has:
    - made it far less interesting and fun to hit nomads & samurai (hundreds upon hundreds of times) by changing to us receiving usually crap-level gems as rewards the vast majority of the time rather than gear, and as a lvl 70 I still usually receive crap-level gear rewards as well.  Yay.  & that also made it much harder for new players to cobble together their first decent comm and cast.
    - trashed freedom to make unique sets by adding lots of caps (rather than simply making a problematic gem work only on gear from that gem's set (and NEW gems work only on NEW sets if they'd also be problematic; it's not rocket science), and also buying back all from existing players hurt with cash or rubies at each player's option),
    - failed miserably to ADEQUATELY compensate those hurt the most (NOT me by a long shot, but those players who earned, trashed, made and bought now useless or semi-useless often duplicate gear and gems to make unique combos that now are greatly weakened),
    - trashed hitting from RVs (because oooh, gee that was unintended - RVs are landmarks, don't cha know? you feel better now, right?), and
    - have reduced pennies we could earn for a LONG time, and now appear to be planning to change / minimize the use of? the Wishing Well even more ...

I could go on but I'm tired.  Just ... bleh.  I like at least the IDEA of the new gear to earn in the quest book, etc. but it's very difficult to maintain enthusiasm in the game as all the obviously petty 'squeezing' continues.

Why is GGE encouraging us to spend pennies at the new Coin Maker before they've announced what the changes to the Wishing Well will be?  I agree it appears they're trying to get us to use pennies up at the Coin Maker, but sheesh if so, you'd think they'd make at least a SINGLE thing in there worth buying!

SOoooo ryln, what are the favorites of the other games you play?  ;)
    Post edited by Gobygirl3 (US1) on
  • ... When you are sat there on your own the last man out and you reflect on what went wrong, and how you destroyed an empire.  I am sure your ego will be telling you its market forces out of your control there is nothing you could do.  The reality is your arrogance and lack of respect towards your customers was your downfall.  Poor decision after poor decision,  eventually tore down the empire you built.   And that will be your legacy.
    ^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^^^^^^^
  • 10 horsetails for a coin worth 2k rubies. Dam let me get in line to buy them before the tent is gone. Total disgrace.
    If they wanted people to actually use that, they should have made it 1000 horsetails. If they wanted to get rid of coins, 2k would have done it for some people.
    Methinks, the plan was to get rid of the Well. Not much package sales has came out with pennies for a long while and, the merc doesnt carry them as often. The genius plan GGe thought of was the introduction of Apprentice Coin Maker. 

GGe, yes we maybe addicted to this game but laawdddd have mercy we aint dumbshyts! 1 penny = 2k rubies  to 1 penny = 10 horsetails. I will buy if these horsetails value is 1HTs = 100% Glory
    Joseph Henry217 @ usa 1
  • BIGTtheMULLER (INT1)BIGTtheMULLER (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,257
    For GGE attention

The only way you could possibly make this Aprentice coin makers camp . is to make the lucky pennies in abundance , ie when you attack max towers green ice sand fire , or in exchange for coins , after all it is the APRENTICE COIN MAKER.

In all rewards for events , FORI, BLOODCROW, SAMU, NOMADS.  you could make 1 per tower hit , or groups of 5 in Events.

You may say this is not possible , but if you could this would be the minimum we would expect , and I say this for 1 reason , now you raise the special resources looted I can buy horrors from you village idiot sellers camp

Food for thought

BIGTtheMULLER @ WWW 1
  • Diavolo (US1)Diavolo (US1) US1 Posts: 655
    10 horsetails for a coin worth 2k rubies. Dam let me get in line to buy them before the tent is gone. Total disgrace.
    If they wanted people to actually use that, they should have made it 1000 horsetails. If they wanted to get rid of coins, 2k would have done it for some people.
    Methinks, the plan was to get rid of the Well. Not much package sales has came out with pennies for a long while and, the merc doesnt carry them as often. The genius plan GGe thought of was the introduction of Apprentice Coin Maker. 

GGe, yes we maybe addicted to this game but laawdddd have mercy we aint dumbshyts! 1 penny = 2k rubies  to 1 penny = 10 horsetails. I will buy if these horsetails value is 1HTs = 100% Glory
    Yeah, they said they want to get rid of pennies. They mistakenly think we're not buying rubies because of the pennies, but we're not buying rubies for very different reasons. If they really wanted to get rid of pennies, those offers should have been multiplied by 100.
    Hidingfromyou @ usa 1
  • Where is the coin maker? I want the boss not the apprentice cause he sucks
    shortbox @ usa 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file