Home News from the world of Empire

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Exciting Times Ahead in the Great Empire!

Comments

• yep bet there will be bugs. gge cant even get the log in to work right.... and now the mods babble about great things bout to start What does GGE have in common with a 3 dollor crack head they both keep bugs.
  • Friends, nomads, crossbowmen, lend me your ears!

The first phase of the BATTLE OF NATIONS has certainly left its mark on the battlefields of the Great Empire! But as the dust starts to settle, a great secret is starting to reveal itself! It is time to bring some light into the dark!

In recent months we have been heavily focussing on improving your overall Empire experience. To achieve this goal, we have been reevaluating and refreshing existing features, as well as eliminating exploits and pain points to create a fairer, more balanced game for every castle lord and lady throughout the empire.

We have also been working hard towards creating and implementing new and exciting content into the Great Empire. Here is just a sample of what you can look forward to in the coming updates:

ggempire-iconxtaakpngNEW EVENT MECHANIC

As a new nomad invasion dawns, our spies have reported sightings of a new threat that will change your military strategy forever! This summer’s Khan’s Revenge event will introduce a new mechanic in which you and your alliance members will have to work together to dominate the battlefield. Not only will your success in this event depend on your ability to attack enemy camps, but you can also put your defensive skills to the test by inviting attacks on your castle! Each attack you and your alliance members make on a Khan camp will increase the camp’s rage level. Once they are fully enraged, you can taunt the camp and trigger an attack on your castle. Successfully defend yourself against the onslaught of the Khan’s mercenary armies and you will be handsomely rewarded.

ggempire-iconxtaakpngINTRODUCTION OF MONTHLY CONTENT PACKAGES

Starting this summer, we will release new content into the game every single month. These monthly packages will include new features, gameplay enhancements, and a treasure trove of valuable rewards and items to help your castle prosper. The wishing well will also receive some fine tuning, and a new vendor selling valuable rewards will soon be setting up camp outside your castle walls. 

ggempire-iconxtaakpng KINGDOM RESOURCE IMPROVEMENTS

Not only will we increased the amount of resources you can loot by attacking NPCs on the world map, but we will also make some changes to the production buildings themselves. In addition to increasing the production values and maximum levels of your castle's production buildings, we will reduce the construction costs of many of the buildings. This will help you get your castle up and running even more quickly, saving you valuable time and resources that can be redirected towards exerting your influence on the world map.

Sounds super cool!!
    HardCase @ usa 1
  • Ok, first time I've commented on two thread within 20 mins of each other. From what I remember about the wishing well, they will ONLY be adding new content....ok, who am I kidding, if you guys screw THAT up, then we all need to find something better to do with our lives (staring at paint frying sounds fun at this point). As for the nomad stuff, NO super commanders (a decent cast would be nice though). And for another thing, are you going to make this "onslaught" come in the form of multiple attacks? If so, then the rewards had better be amazing (not recycled goods like what non 70's are getting this month). And on top of that, remember what happened when the FL's' were first introduced into the game.  They attacked the same person multiple times per event, and eventually the defender would either lose a battle or a ton of troops. GGS later fixed this and made it to where FL's only struck once per event. And if this only affects nomads, then what are you doing with the sams? Personally, I feel like the Sams should receive this change and not the nomads. After all, as of now, Samurai events are nothing other than clones of the Nomad events. It's boring.Just like FL's and BC's have literally no difference (even the rewards). So in total, I'm semi kinda not really hopeful eager expectant to have good new content (though at this point, any new content is welcome, glad to see you're trying for once). And this garbage about not having the tourny, royal capital, and beri invasion come back anytime soon? Seriously? That's the biggest letdown this year, and that's coming from a mountain range of letdowns. But I digress. I'll likely change my mind when I see how this turns out. Done right, this could be the turning point for the game, and we could finally be heading down the right path here.

Always ready to fight for my friends.

Picture provided by farmerjohn 22 @USA 1 in GoodGame Bigfarm
  • Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 161
    well i hope it is going  good  since  they ingnor  the forum player  i ask alot things in another discusing  page and no one is working there  i GESS THEY ONLY GET PAID AND POT INFO  not bothering them self with ansering :smile:  well i hope this update is good and i like to know what it starts 

• Principe Vegeta (IT1)Principe Vegeta (IT1) IT1 Posts: 333
    edited 10.06.2017
    Hello to everyone, my name is Domenico, I come from the Italian server 1 and you will surely say, but what do you want?

First I wanted to apologize for not being good with your language but I hope you can understand.

I wanted to show a debate in the Italian forum about capital rework, but we are visionaries also to include metropolis and power towers.
    The main topic and main points on our forum are the following:

1 raid stronger soldiers than the real because they are soldiers who can all rush into becoming fearless, putting soldiers as berseker or new who are at the pace of modern play.
    2 give a minimum and a maximum of power holding positions to a coalition, for example 1 capital per coalition (since two do not serve at all) up to 2 coalition metropolises and a maximum that can range from 3-5 to the towers of power.

I'm writing here why? In our server there are only two coalitions that dominate everything and have everything, so the rest and make them events instead of war, so since for many of us it is not fair that many are watching why the two coalitions have All, give the opportunity to many, at least with the above examples, to the top 30 coalitions in the ranking to have power centers and to be more balanced in the game and have more war movement. I do not know the situation and the policy of your server but I would like to point out that if any of you agree with this option of LIMITING and BALANCING the fate between the one who has everything and nothing between the one who spends and who does not, Ggs that this is the opportunity to make a step to make this game better.

I'm sure I'm going to be offended but I also wanted to point out here that 70% of the Italian server is important.
    Good game to all of you
    DjVegeta ITA1
    Post edited by Principe Vegeta (IT1) on
    DjVegeta @ WWW 1

Nome : Fatevi i 
    Cognome : Fatti vostri
    Casa Attuale : Incubi e Demoni
    Nome Player : DjVegeta ( tutto attaccato mi raccomando eh )
    Nascita : 8 novembre del ................... assai tempo fa
    Tipo di player : inattivo ma non fatemi inc.......... 
    Storia Breve : la sapete e se non la sapete non la sapete.

FIRMA : DJ
  • Morentz (US1)Morentz (US1) US1 Posts: 628
    ARE YOU SURE THESE ARE THE ONLY UPDATES?

We sure know how GGE likes to conveniently "forget" to mention things in their updates..

• Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Curious to know when this update is going to happen? Also will the reduction of kingdom resources affect HoL's ?
    I think after the end of this monthly event... Or in the end of June...

I thought that too, but they have announced this a lot earlier than usual..
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• Plumpy21 (US1)Plumpy21 (US1) US1 Posts: 467
    And on top of that, remember what happened when the FL's' were first introduced into the game.  They attacked the same person multiple times per event, and eventually the defender would either lose a battle or a ton of troops. GGS later fixed this and made it to where FL's only struck once per event. 
    Or didn't get attacked at all, it took up until the 4-5th FL to get attacked. While everyone else in my alliance got attacked 5-7 times just opening gates after the 3rd one.
    I have no loyalty.

• AceofWizards (US1)AceofWizards (US1) Posts: 110
    edited 11.06.2017
    Not sure who thought getting attacked by a nomad camp would increase the excitement level in the game.

The new nomad mechanic is just a way to siphon rubies by getting players to spend more rubies on defensive tools. 
    AceofWizards @ usa 1
  • Venom (ASIA1)Venom (ASIA1) ASIA1 Posts: 2,232
    Not sure who thought getting attacked by a nomad camp would increase the excitement level in the game.

The new nomad mechanic is just a way to siphon rubies by getting players to spend more rubies on defensive tools. 
    You really gonna spend rubies on an NPC hit? Think more realistically. I actually like this update myself, seems more fun in my opinion and now we get rewards for defending as well 
    Venom @ Asia - Member for Drunken Fist
    Venom @ Australia - War Marshal for Shadow Lords!!

Best player on the test server B)

• what is the date ?
  • Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    edited 11.06.2017

Truthfully I don't have a problem with GGE making some money, as long as it's not unethical like the gem update was. This actually seems like it has the potential to be a good update; unless these nomad attacks are completely over the top, I can't imagine spending rubies on defense tools.

Additionally, it sounds like you'll only be hit if you're attacking the nomads. Guess what ... kahn tokens are GREAT for obtaining defensive tools. So I imagine if you're hitting nomads enough to get attack, you'll be able to buy a few Lime Bombs too:wink:
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,528
    Truthfully I don't have a problem with GGE making some money, as long as it's not unethical like the gem update was. This actually seems like it has the potential to be a good update; unless these nomad attacks are completely over the top, I can't imagine spending rubies on defense tools.

Additionally, it sounds like you'll only be hit if you're attacking the nomads. Guess what ... kahn tokens are GREAT for obtaining defensive tools. So I imagine if you're hitting nomads enough to get attack, you'll be able to buy a few Lime Bombs too:wink:

If the FI/BC attacks don't require ruby tools to defend, the Nomad ones shouldn't either.

Save the lime bomb for Real Players.............

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• Defectus (US1)Defectus (US1) US1 Posts: 1,199
    edited 11.06.2017
    Mycrotia (US1) said:
    If the FI/BC attacks don't require ruby tools to defend, the Nomad ones shouldn't either.

Save the lime bomb for Real Players.............

You're probably right, but who knows what these nomad attacks will look like. All I'm saying is that it doesn't take rubies to get great defensive tools - the lime bombs were mainly just an example of a strong tool that can be purchased from nomads, and of course there are many other methods of collecting tools that don't involve spending rubies.
    TheBlueIcicle    US1

I don't play this game anymore.
  • Wasso (INT3)Wasso (INT3) INT3 Posts: 2,528
    edited 11.06.2017
    You're probably right, but who knows what these nomad attacks will look like. All I'm saying is that it doesn't take rubies to get great defensive tools - the lime bombs were mainly just an example of a strong tool that can be purchased from nomads, and of course there are many other methods of collecting tools that don't involve spending rubies.

True, we don't know.  But, let's be realistic.  What are the odds of GGS making a NEW mechanic when there is an existing one that they can copy?  Cut/paste the FI/BC attack setups and Ta-Da!

I mean, here is my incoming right now:

Yeah, I don't think I need the ruby tools for this one..........    EDIT: Or the Lime Bombs/Throwing Nails. (ALSO a good option ;) )

Good night.
    Sleep well.
    I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

• ieatpotato (ASIA1)ieatpotato (ASIA1) Posts: 240
    edited 11.06.2017

True, we don't know.  But, let's be realistic.  What are the odds of GGS making a NEW mechanic when there is an existing one that they can copy?  Cut/paste the FI/BC attack setups and Ta-Da!

I mean, here is my incoming right now:

Yeah, I don't think I need the ruby tools for this one..........    EDIT: Or the Lime Bombs/Throwing Nails. (ALSO a good option ;) )

What kind of "lvl 70" Potato attacker sends way more melee troops than ranged troops to attack? Way to go FI/BC! You guys are doin a great job at burning our castles!
  • Sounds like a good idea for an update on written paper, but at the end it's GGE, I'm assured they're going to introduce a lot game breaking bugs and screw this entire game over with a bunch of other cash grabbing content, maybe their "fine tuning" on the wishing well is to turn it into a place where you need to dump real money to receive 2000 extra rubies.
    I agree with pretty much you said, I do believe this is very good for us but the only problem if they can stop the bugs and not do what they did last time where some people couldn't log into there account due to an update that happened.
  • LizGamer (AU1)LizGamer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 75
    No matter what they do in the long run it will always cost us more....There is no fairness in costs and advantages for ruby players will continue to be better for them than non ruby players....I still see players leave because of this and boredom with the game .... GGE need to look at these issues seriously....and the costs in transporting resources to one kingdom to another is still too expensive.....buildings that need rubies and rubies after a certain upgrade need to be made without the need of rubies....slots for recruiting or making tools...should not need rubies..there are so many items that need reviewing and made more accessible to all players....the team keep advertising this is a free game......but it certainly not and certainly not fair  
    LizGamer @ au 1
  • ShadowOfEvil (GB1)ShadowOfEvil (GB1) Posts: 1,847
    edited 12.06.2017
    No matter what they do in the long run it will always cost us more....There is no fairness in costs and advantages for ruby players will continue to be better for them than non ruby players....I still see players leave because of this and boredom with the game .... GGE need to look at these issues seriously....and the costs in transporting resources to one kingdom to another is still too expensive.....buildings that need rubies and rubies after a certain upgrade need to be made without the need of rubies....slots for recruiting or making tools...should not need rubies..there are so many items that need reviewing and made more accessible to all players....the team keep advertising this is a free game......but it certainly not and certainly not fair  
    The resource cost isn't too bad now. Despite being a non ruby buyer, I don't mind the extra slots for recruiting/making tools costing rubies, they are convenience perks that I can easily get through VIP mode anyway. Ruby buildings are a bit more expensive but they're still possible to get to a reasonable level without insane amounts of grinding, through the wishing well and desert/fire fortresses. 

The game is definitely slanted towards ruby buyers (i.e basically being impossible for a non-buyer to win lv70 comps because of event boosters), but GGE are a business who want to earn money so I can accept that (...their customer service on the other hand...) 

As long as this update doesn't mess up the wishing well, I'm alright with it tbh 
    Post edited by ShadowOfEvil (GB1) on

Not active ingame anymore  [email protected] (back again) 

[email protected] 

Non-ruby buyer 

[email protected] ResilientEmpire 

Pop me a PM ingame or on forums if you want to join :) 

My loot, first week back: 

• Madara. (INT1)Madara. (INT1) INT1 Posts: 161
    Hello to everyone, my name is Domenico, I come from the Italian server 1 and you will surely say, but what do you want?

First I wanted to apologize for not being good with your language but I hope you can understand.

I wanted to show a debate in the Italian forum about capital rework, but we are visionaries also to include metropolis and power towers.
    The main topic and main points on our forum are the following:

1 raid stronger soldiers than the real because they are soldiers who can all rush into becoming fearless, putting soldiers as berseker or new who are at the pace of modern play.
    2 give a minimum and a maximum of power holding positions to a coalition, for example 1 capital per coalition (since two do not serve at all) up to 2 coalition metropolises and a maximum that can range from 3-5 to the towers of power.

I'm writing here why? In our server there are only two coalitions that dominate everything and have everything, so the rest and make them events instead of war, so since for many of us it is not fair that many are watching why the two coalitions have All, give the opportunity to many, at least with the above examples, to the top 30 coalitions in the ranking to have power centers and to be more balanced in the game and have more war movement. I do not know the situation and the policy of your server but I would like to point out that if any of you agree with this option of LIMITING and BALANCING the fate between the one who has everything and nothing between the one who spends and who does not, Ggs that this is the opportunity to make a step to make this game better.

I'm sure I'm going to be offended but I also wanted to point out here that 70% of the Italian server is important.
    Good game to all of you
    DjVegeta ITA1
    I AGREE  with u 100%  in inter national there is more then 2 who have mitro  and towers but they are 4 or 5  and it s like that  becuse  there was along big war and some wings left there main thats why 2 alliy become  4 or 5 :-) and  i like  to know  when  and how  and where new mitros and  towers show up  

Sign In to comment.