Home Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback

We need new Moderators!

ModeratorWe are always on the lookout for talented people to join the team. That means you! If you think you could help us organise and inform the community while entertaining everyone then apply. We need people to help out on the forum, behind the scenes with announcements, on Discord and on our other Social Media channels.

If this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

Apprentice Token Limits WTF GGE?!?!

I think I saw this new option will be available for 4 Sammy and 4 Nomad events to buy apprentice tokens with tablets earned, just found you can only buy 500 tokens (enough for 1 piece of armor or gem) per Event in store?!?! (Even if its here full time having a limit each event to buy is BS)

Not only is this effing ridiculous that it would take 9 events(couple months) to finish a set, but if you keep this around for 4 of each you cant even make a full 9 piece set.

Furthermore, I was going to use this option to buy 3-4 sets of Kala armor, since I sold the ones I already "EARNED" in previous events because I was using the gems in other ways which we cannot do now. I have enough Sammy tabs saved I was going to buy enough to get at least those 3 sets back for now, no damn way Im waiting by having to get 1 armor piece per event. That's effing stupid!!!!

The random compensation for the millions of rubies spent is crap as well, but since we keep the gems not much I can say, just don't know if I will even find much use for 500k ruby gems, and I'll be damned if I m buying the rest of the set just to use them.

Comments

• the point is not to complete a new set, but to finish or re-create incomplete/dismantled sets.
  • So it's just like when Sams and Nomads are here...only one piece at a time. No big deal.
    Lady Twilight @ usa 1
  • DHDF22 (US1)DHDF22 (US1) Posts: 452
    edited 30.05.2017
    the point is not to complete a new set, but to finish or re-create incomplete/dismantled sets.

The point is to compensate the peoples who are losing sets that used to be great but now have to be dismantled thanks to these Changes by GGE. Why the hell do we need to get one piece at a time, once a week. I pulled the kala gems off the spring and winter casts, I had 4 full sets of Kala but only left 1 in tact because I put the gems on other sets. After I pulled the gems I also sold those spring and winter casts since we also don't have crap for room in inventory/ I was going to replace them right away with Kala armor pieces and put all the gems I still have on them like they are supposed to be, now I find I can only buy 3 pieces right now and only 1 more piece per Sammy/Nomad event. This is effing ridiculous.

And to Lady twighlight, its not a big deal to newer players to gain one piece at a time, it's a big deal to the players they screwed that ruined sets we made (We also had to sell other armor and things we don't have inventory room for) They rendered sets with specialty gems on them worthless to us. I want to rework my sets and getting 1 piece at a time is unacceptable.

*This update didn't screw normal players, it screwed the people who spent millions of rubies of specialty gems and also gave up other armor sets in lieu of special combos we could make with other armor. Average players out there have no clue what Im talking about, hell juts being able to pull gems for free for a while and earn good armor with tabs, this is a good update for most people, but they need to help out the people they screwed better. Most of us expected full ruby refunds for the crap we bought under false pretenses, least they can do is make sure we can replace/rebuild out comms/casts at our own pace, not handicapped by limits

• The limit is so as not to devalue the sets as they are

However, I think they could increase the costs, remove the limit, and let people grind - add some more gems like city gems or bloodcrow gems for insane costs and let us all grind for them.

Trader is IMO woefully inadequate to players across the board, let alone those that bought elementalist or eagle demon gems but not the rest of the sets.

My biggest gripe is the fact I sold 3 full Kala armor sets but kept gems because of the way the gems "used" to work, not to mention other sets and pieces That were better than some I kept because the ones I kept went better with unique gem combos.  I was unhappy with compensation, but happy I could get some sets like Kala back, and use right with the gems I still have, now I see it will take months and months to earn back 3 sets. I understand the devaluation thought, but maybe an exception needs to be made for the players that lost o many good casts/comms due to this change. They need to be able to make immediate replacements if they are able.

Our inventories for high level/long time players are way too small, especially with new sets coming along all the time as well. Have to see great Unique EQ all the time, let alone trying to save orange pieces to try and make a specialty comm. To be honest I would like to see another 1-2 levels on encampment as well, add 3-6 more commanders and add maybe another 50 spots in inventory, or separate heroes from armor to make more room.

• edited 31.05.2017
    The limit is so as not to devalue the sets as they are

However, I think they could increase the costs, remove the limit, and let people grind - add some more gems like city gems or bloodcrow gems for insane costs and let us all grind for them.

Trader is IMO woefully inadequate to players across the board, let alone those that bought elementalist or eagle demon gems but not the rest of the sets.

I understand the devaluation thought, but maybe an exception needs to be made for the players that lost o many good casts/comms due to this change. They need to be able to make immediate replacements if they are able.

Exception? Because you sold your gear?
    Post edited by NoPainNoGainFTW (US1) on
  • The limit is so as not to devalue the sets as they are

I understand the devaluation thought, but maybe an exception needs to be made for the players that lost o many good casts/comms due to this change. They need to be able to make immediate replacements if they are able.

Exception? Because you sold your gear?

Because I had to sell the gear for lack of room and the fact when the gems came out it was better for me to put them on other sets, now that they screwed them up on us I want them on the proper sets. That's the whole damn point is to reimburse players that got screwed like I did, but they are doing it half assed.

Not only that, but if they are going to pull this tent and the ability to get these pieces after 8 Sammy/nomad events, plus the 1k tokens they gave us we can only get 10 pieces of armor (not enough for what I lost) but why the hell cant we just get all 10 now if that's the limit, Why wait 2 months to be able to get them?

People who didn't get screwed by this update have no idea the issues the rest of us face so you need to stay out of the conversations.

OXO is entirely right, a good majority of players lost nothing to this update, only gained the ability to remove and move around some gems, some free gear from this new tent, etc. The compensation for those of us negatively effect is ridiculous to say the least.

• Well, you are right. Most of us didn't abuse the system so we probably should stay out of the conversations.
    GLHF

• tldr;
  • David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 19.06.2017
    tldr;
    @NoPainNoGainFTW (US1) What is that supposed to mean?
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • tldr;
    @NoPainNoGainFTW (US1) What is that supposed to mean?
    Let me try to help: http://bfy.tw/2rF9
  • King Me (NL1)King Me (NL1) NL1 Posts: 2
    edited 28.06.2017
    ;-)
  • redled (US1)redled (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    I stopped playing as much when I got to level 70 with 170k mpish and then I realized I was going to get nowhere in the level 70 events because of all the other big level 70 players were buying lots of rubies and I wasn't going to get any higher without being a big ruby buyer. I used to finish top 5 in level 50-69 challenge so I don't even care about the limit nor can I get at the limit because I don't buy ruby's :/

Current Member of TNP Family
  • perryl (US1)perryl (US1) US1 Posts: 1,231
    Abuse What system?  By using the items we bought EXACTLY what they were intended to be used for ? and EXACTLY what GGE KNEW they were being used for.  What GGE KNEW they were being used for when they sold them.  Well the very fact GGE were still selling them WELL after the fact they knew is proof on its own. 

Still dont believe me?  How can you explain to me a company that analyses  data in such minute detail cannot have realised it was selling 10 times as many of certain types of gems than it was other bits of equipment?  Given GGE alledegdly believed that one piece was useless without another do you think that the enquiring minds in GGE would never have asked how come we selling Loads of gems and not many bits of equipment? 

Do you believe that GGE and the Employees it PAID to read the forum, missed every thread on how the use of the gems were openly discussed? 

Do you believe that all those employees that play the game, and test the game, missed the fact that the gems could and were being used like that?  Every single one? 

Do you believe that pretty much every player in the game knew they could be used like that and were being used like that but no employee at GGE knew?

The reality is GGE knew EXACTLY how these gems were being used and it continued to allow this for a very very long period of time and make a huge amount of money by allowing it. 

It also did nothing at all to ensure the gems were not as it alleges "abused"   it could have put in any number of ways to ensure the gems could not be used this way it could have restricted their sale to one item only each, it could have only made them possible to add to items of the same set.   GGE could have put out a simple announcemnt saying gems should only be used on items of the same set.  Or it could have removed the items from sale as soon as it realised. 

Truth is it did nothing.  Nothing at all to notify players not to use gems like that as it was not their intended purpose.  It allowed this for a VERY long period of time whilst it made a very significant amount of money. 

Now do i believe GGE are well within their rights to alter their game if they believe its becoming unbalanced, then yes of course they are.   However do i believe it is only right and proper that if any player was adversly affected and spent money on an item that it would not have bought had it have known it could only be used for certian things and its usefullness would be severly restricted.  The they should be entitled to a refund.

Imagine that samsung bring out a Computer monitor, that if you plug an arial in the back can be used as a TV.  Being a computer monitor it was significantly cheaper than a standard tv, so it became very popular and samsung started to sell a lot of them, intitially it was delighted, and even set up a new factory to make these monitors.  However after a year of selling as many of these monitors as possible the bean counters at head office said errm guys, yes i know that we have sold a load of these monitors at $200 and we made good money on them but we have noticed that sales of our TV's at $500 have massivly declined as no one is buying the tv's any more.  Ill tell you what we will send out a software update on all these Monitors and disable the arial socket on the back of the monitor, so they cannot be used as a TV any more.  We will just tell everyone that bought them that they were never intended to be used as TV so tough luck.

Do you think if you had spent $200 on this item had used it as a TV for a year even bought one for your bedroom, and your  kids bedrooms and even put one in your kitchen.  Do you think you would be very happy if they all stopped working?  And all of a sudden you had 5 computer monitors you had no use for any more.  That the whole reason you bought these items for is now gone?  That you would be impressed?  And do you think that if when you asked for a refund, samsung jsut said well tough the item can still be used as a monitor, you still have the item its not my fault you bought it to use as a tv, we never intended it to be used as a TV.  We intented it to be used as a monitor. 

Now of course in the real world this would never happen, why?  well for one it would be highly illegal.  Samsung would have of course had to have made it perfectly clear that this item was never to be used as a TV, it would have had to have taken steps to ensure it couldnt be used as a tv, ie by not having an ariel slot on there.  Or by putting software on there that prevented it to be used as a TV.  But most of all it would have had to have informed the buyer before they bought it it was not to be used as a TV.  The other reason is it would totally destroy Samsungs reputation, and alienate huge proportion of its customer base.   The reality it would have done one of 2 things, either changed the new model of the monitor, so it could only be used as a monitor, making it very clear this was its intended use.  and lived with the fact it had made a commercial mistake, and left all the existing items out there.  Or it would have had to do a product recall and refunded all existing customers. 

The truth is this situation is exactly the same, GGE released something into the game, made a lot of money doing it, then some bean counter probably realised hmm yes we are making money on the gems but non on the equipment, anymore.  So they decided to change what the gems could be used for.  Leaving many customers with items they would never have bought, and is now of little or no use for them.  Except in this instance GGE are saying tough.  Not my problem. 

Now in pretty much every other area of consumer law, the buyer would be protected, and the seller simply could never do this.  Yet in the virtual world the law is relativly new, and the truth is there simply is not really and case law that covers this.  There is of course the terms of service, but there really hasnt been sufficient number of cases that have actually tested the legality of these types of clauses.  Although there have been a few over the years that have proved that a virtual item can have a real value.  But its still pretty unclear.

So for now unless consumers want to be pioneers and spend a fortune suing companies like GGE and actually making the laws on this type of thing.  Then you have to rely on the morality of the company in question, for them to do the right thing, and treat its customer with respect and   as though it was like any other transaction.

So to GGE tell me I would love to know why you believe it is ok to treat customers like this when it would be illegal in any other type of sector, becasue its basically morally wrong to exploit customers.  And why you believe that becasue you operate in a business sector that is not (yet) covered by legislation as the sector is still so new (in legal terms), that you think its ok to be morally corrupt until the law tells you you need.  Do you really need the law to tell you right from wrong? 

And to all players that have not been affected by this, I understand your viewpoint, in the above example if you had not bought a monitor then you might not have been very bothered either you havent lost anything so who cares, not your problem.  I guess all you have to hope is that it isnt you next time, as believe me it could be any of us the next time GGE wants to abandon its morals.   And for all those players that do not spend real money on the game so cannot be exploited, yes you are totally right, you cant be ripped off if you dont spend, you only ever have your time to lose.  So no big deal, apart from if all players took that attitude that the only way we can ensure that we dont get shafted is not to spend, there would be no game. 

So this is NOT about GGE's decision to change the mechanics of the game, to adjust the balance or do anything else.  I completly agree it needs to do what it thinks is right, However IF its making a change that will leave customers out of pocket through no fault of their own, then it has a moral (if not yet legal) obligation to re imburse the injured parties.  Not only does it have a Moral duty to its customers, it makes commercial sense.  Shafting your customers Never ever makes commercial sense.  Especially when you could refund the customer in a virtual currency that in effect costs you nothing.  Its a no Brainer!!!!   Ignoring morality, at the expense of your customers, is long term commercial suicide.

So do the right thing not just for your customers sake.  But long term for your own sake, your employees sake. 
    Spot on as usual. With a fantastic analogy.
    perryl @ USA1 
    Perryl @ UK1 and AU1. Will be back on UK1 soon. 

@ me or don't expect a response. 

Chasing the goalpost since 2014. I discovered GGE through a Dogecoin faucet rotator. Don't know what that is? No big deal, those are gone in 2018 2020. A long break was good. Highly recommended. I got too drunk and forgot why I hated GGE and took a break in the first place. So, here I am again. 

2020 - Not dead yet.
  • you can buy a full 9 piece keep in mind we all started with 1k tokens
    i am awsome94 @ Canada1 #TheDreamLiveson

Sign In to comment.