We are once again looking for some awesome new moderators to help us out with keeping
the forum running and playing a crucial part in our Empire community! If
this is something you think might be of interest to you, HERE

If it is not broke, do not fix it (Gem Re-Work)

Please scrap the Gem rework idea and proceed like it never happened, I know it took time, and was a combined effort of a lot of staff at GGE. But it is better to start over, or drop a bad idea, then changing the bad idea slightly due to huge outcry by the consumer, but still implementing it anyways against the majority of the players. It must be close to 90% or higher who are against this update, I know I will never log in again if my gem bonus goes away. 
Honestly, commander, gems, and equip bonus mixed with research and what have you, is the best part of this game as it stands today.
I honestly see nobody complaining about the gap in talent, everyone plays events, nobody hits others, and fire casts, defensive support, and MAX GEMS on the Cast/Defense side, equal any "gap" out. 
The new players I see are trying to understand how the game works, joining alliances, learning to attack etc. I don't see lower level players complaining about ruby whale 70 (800)s who burn them daily to shreds, with their 6th wave turned off due to HOL being DQ'd pertaining to the lower level player not being legendary and therefore cannot be wrecked by 2 extra waves anyways. 
Also, all stronger players are in bigger alliances, and alliances, and legendary 800 players wouldn't destroy their honor hitting noobs daily, as the resources would be close to 0 , the glory and honor would be 0, and they would be labeled as bullies and kicked out for picking on a new player level 12. (that is like a 28 year old PRIME NBA player who goes to the YMCA during the off season and only challenges 5 year olds, and then dunk every possession and turn around and immediately block the toddlers shot, ending in a 21-0 skunk).
Trust me, that gets boring fast, and those toddlers run away crying, they do not go to the NBA players coach and team owner, and complain daily for age limits for pick up games, restrictions on players heights while the toddlers mix it up with the big boys, it is just a complete joke. 
I have never seen SUCH a backlash against an update ever, and it surprises me even more that GGE then continues to claim they "update and change the game for the players happiness". 

Can someone point out the players who hate the skill gap the gems make? did they leave or are they still here?
I assume if they are still poking around the forums then by this point they must have leveled up to a point which they can now rival the attackers and therefore said " GAP " is now no more. 
If these changes are coming due to the users who have quit, then what is the point? This will only make more people quit, make more ruby players quit (which are revenue drivers) and lastly, the cry babies who left due to this "total unfair dominating gap" that exists between 3 day old new accounts and 4 year vetereans; will never come back anyways, gem re work or no gem re work, they are gone. Why bend to the will of ruined players? only to make the number of ruined castles go up 50% at least in the weeks and months following the re work.
Please GGE,
I love this game, do not update it with these horrid caps, I want to stay and play this game; please do not push me away far enough that I take my money to a new game (a competitor) since I only play one game, i do not game on multiple servers or multiple brands or counsels. 
If subscriptions, ruby purchases, total active users, or anything in that area even matter to GGE then please take your own advice, listen to the players, make us happy, and pretend the Re-work was just a nightmare that all of us faithful players had. 
Swallow the pride, yes it took time, long nights at the drawing board, team building memories and blood sweat and tears.... Totally understand, but its bad, very very very bad, alliances are skipping events, petitions are being passed around chat menus to boycott the game, and "pledge to quit if caps hit". 
Why continue?
why?

Ego, pride, and not being able to admit when an idea totally blows.. Just think about it, you have a chance to still stop it all together, do not be a company that launches a horrible idea only to regret it the next quarter as they watch users drop day by day. 

You can still be innovators and throw ideas away 
Do not be hypocrites, if you are taking players advice then take it and SCRAP the gem update, do not be a company like AOL , MYSPACE, BlackBerry

Comments

• David Noble (US1)David Noble (US1) Posts: 2,552
    edited 23.05.2017
    The biggest problem I have is not so much the overpowered ruby cast and overpowered ruby commanders being weakened, because I have never bought them, but the fact that the Kala gems effectiveness on other cast besides Kala cast may have less of an effect on stronger cast and especially on cast that already has 90/90. That means instead of 97% melee and 97% ranged or 104% ranged (from a second ranged kalaa gem) for example you can only get 90% melee and 90% ranged maximum from Kala gems which means you would not get those special bonuses from melee and ranged Kala gems if the melee and ranged from cast is already at 90%. You can for example be a non ruby buyer and still get Kala gems which may be useless otherwise, unless if you have a complete Kala cast or at the very least have 8 out of the 9 pieces for the Kala cast.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1)Muffins 2.0 (ASIA1) Posts: 2,939ASIA1
    The gem re-work ? And what about some players that bought a super ruby commander that cost 6/7M rubyes, over 1/2 k euro. 
    The gems are really expensive, 499k rubyes for each gem, reducing the bonuses on a gem is really stupid, ggs should implement a new thing in the game, what is that new thing ? To craft a new item that gives 50% more detections from the enemy attacks, or to improve more the watch tower, the gem rework is really stuppid, many ruby players will lose theyr money by buying the ruby gems like, each gem cost 400k 300k rubyes.

] - asia 1 / Second player on power -   - 2.8m power - Oct. 04. 2019 

I'm a ghost, but i'm still here.
     To be continued....

• hge (US1)hge (US1) Posts: 986
    The Gem rework is a good update and will make things easier for non-buyers. Nobody needs all of the top players to have extra affects from gems on already maxed out commanders and castellans.
    I'm a non buyer and my opinion is that this update is ****ing stupid. 
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

In addition, any player worth their last, ruby or non ruby, can get one of the event comms (FI comm, Sami comm and cast, Month-long event comms and casts). It really isn't hard.
    HGE
    I am a non-ruby buying Level 70, Legend 100-something-but-I-am-to-lazy-to-update-this-every-time-I-level-up

"He was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and clean, and his voice like music; on his brow set wisdom, and in his hand was strength."

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

• hge (US1) said:
    In addition, any player worth their last, ruby or non ruby, can get one of the event comms (FI comm, Sami comm and cast, Month-long event comms and casts). It really isn't hard.
    That really depends on how committed you are to the game though and how much time you are willing to spend into it even if you have a job currently and working especially for the Foreign and BC Invasions and getting month long event commanders and cast. It took me a long time before I could finally even complete a Foreign or BC Invasion. I also used at one time have a tough time completing an event as well. Unless if you have a lot of time on your hands and/or willing to spend money during the month long event it can be very time consuming if not difficult to complete a month long event for completing a commander or cast. The one thing that I will agree upon the really isn't hard to get is the Samurai Commander and/or Cast, because you save up a lot of Samuari tokens for another round if you need in order to get equipment for the Samurai commander and/or cast.
    David Noble @ usa 1
  • reducing the bonuses on a gem is really stupid
    The fact that you bought those gems for hundreds of dollars in the first place just because you're bad at the game and wanted an advantage over non-buyers so that you could bully them was "really stupid." You see m8, all of us non-buyers convinced GGS to make the game more equal so that all of you buyers don't have commanders that are three times stronger than our defenses. I see that you like typing in bold all the time just because you're a buyer and you think that your opinion is more important than ours. There's gonna be even more anti-buyer updates in the future too, so I suggest that you become accustomed to fairness. This is our revenge against the buyers who paid for unjust advantages and proceeded to use their money for the sole purpose of unfairly bullying and grinding down all of us non-buyers simply because we are weaker and you needed an ego boost and felt like destroying smaller alliances for the fun of it. Destruction to every top alliance and an eternal flame to every buyer who complains about the game becoming more fair!

Reading this really pissed me off. This is not a fair game, it never has been. This is a pay to win game (though there are non-buyers stronger then buyers). People who paid a lot of money for gems deserve to have benefits... if GGS wants to take those benefits away, okay. But then they need to compensate the people who bought them with real money, not with some crappy "free removal". Some people only bought the gems to put on different commanders. You know why you are able to play this game for free? Because us buyers pay for it. Learn some respect for the people who keep it free, without us this game would be gone.

Also, the players who used event earnable gems on different sets then GGS intended will be effected unfairly too. They worked harder then other players to get those gems and deserve to have a advantage. This isn't a game where you get "participation awards" those who work harder and pay more are stronger.

Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

reducing the bonuses on a gem is really stupid
    The fact that you bought those gems for hundreds of dollars in the first place just because you're bad at the game and wanted an advantage over non-buyers so that you could bully them was "really stupid." You see m8, all of us non-buyers convinced GGS to make the game more equal so that all of you buyers don't have commanders that are three times stronger than our defenses. I see that you like typing in bold all the time just because you're a buyer and you think that your opinion is more important than ours. There's gonna be even more anti-buyer updates in the future too, so I suggest that you become accustomed to fairness. This is our revenge against the buyers who paid for unjust advantages and proceeded to use their money for the sole purpose of unfairly bullying and grinding down all of us non-buyers simply because we are weaker and you needed an ego boost and felt like destroying smaller alliances for the fun of it. Destruction to every top alliance and an eternal flame to every buyer who complains about the game becoming more fair!
    Remember that not only the  ruby buyers will be affected by this update, ruby and non ruby players will be affected, all the gems that you win in events will be re-worked.

To be continued....

reducing the bonuses on a gem is really stupid

Reading this really pissed me off. This is not a fair game, it never has been. This is a pay to win game (though there are non-buyers stronger then buyers). People who paid a lot of money for gems deserve to have benefits... if GGS wants to take those benefits away, okay. But then they need to compensate the people who bought them with real money, not with some crappy "free removal". Some people only bought the gems to put on different commanders. You know why you are able to play this game for free? Because us buyers pay for it. Learn some respect for the people who keep it free, without us this game would be gone.

Also, the players who used event earnable gems on different sets then GGS intended will be effected unfairly too. They worked harder then other players to get those gems and deserve to have a advantage. This isn't a game where you get "participation awards" those who work harder and pay more are stronger.

Sorry for the spam, i agree with you here. I saw the changes in the test server, the new update will be really annoying... 

To be continued....

hge (US1) said:
    That really depends on how committed you are to the game though and how much time you are willing to spend into it even if you have a job currently and working especially for the Foreign and BC Invasions and getting month long event commanders and cast. It took me a long time before I could finally even complete a Foreign or BC Invasion. I also used at one time have a tough time completing an event as well. Unless if you have a lot of time on your hands and/or willing to spend money during the month long event it can be very time consuming if not difficult to complete a month long event for completing a commander or cast. The one thing that I will agree upon the really isn't hard to get is the Samurai Commander and/or Cast, because you save up a lot of Samuari tokens for another round if you need in order to get equipment for the Samurai commander and/or cast.
    Takes me 4 hits a day for the duration of BCs, when I get good castles. Took me 30 last time, but I am still only playing from 7-8 in the morning and from 5-9 in the evening.
    HGE

He firecasted.
    His alliance supported.

Sign In to comment.